Things are looking up for Microsoft Success!!!

Sorry naysayers, but the doom and gloom might be coming to an end.

Remember, this is an $899-$999 tablet (though I prefer to describe it as a full-blown Windows PC compacted and stuffed into a tablet's chassis), not a $199 Nexus 7 or $329 iPad Mini.Also remember this is just the start. The Pro should evolve to the point where you can have a 1.5 or 2 pound tablet with all-day (at least) battery life -- and still get all of the performance of a mainstream Windows 8 laptop.
And that's the deal-closer for me. It's fast. Don't believe me? Check out these benchmarks.
"Surface Pro is easily the fastest tablet on the market today," Anandtech said.
The basic point being that Intel's Ivy Bridge silicon crushes Apple's A6X-based iPad and ARM-based Android tablets in most benchmarks.
And it's not just numbers -- you feel it. Everything pops and there's almost none of the lag you invariably run into with other tablets.
Related stories
Microsoft Surface Pro sales hit 400K in a hurry
I know this because I've been using the Pro and its speed is addictive -- despite the comparative heft and shorter battery life compared with other tablets (though I wouldn't call 2 pounds "heavy" and battery life isn't as bad as reviewers make it out to be if you tweak Windows 8 settings).

More at the source

Microsoft's first PC lives! | Microsoft - CNET News

And honestly, I think a primary reason Apple has left their PC lines out to rot is for exactly this reason. They don't get a cut.

I guess this is an example of Apple leaving there PC lines to rot.

Apple issues Safari update for Snow Leopard | MacFixIt - CNET Reviews
Oh gee, look at that Apple issues an update, wow, it's not as if Microsoft ever does that.

What you want to do is find out what Mac users think about Apple. Well you don't have to really because their percentage has never gone up, and yet you get all these people saying, I switched to Mac and never looked back. That seems like a bit of a joke.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP
Im my attempt to stay in touch with the real world, I read thru the user ( Newegg customer) comments most of the afternoon. You should do that once. It is really interesting - there are over 100 pages. Here is the link.

Interesting to say the least 1/3 have 5 eggs 1/3 have one egg and the remainder 1/3 is in between. Most of the 5 eggs reviews have cons listed. Most of the 1 egg reviews have no pros. With those kind of reviews only 1/3 of users like windows 8 and still have cons they do not like in Windows 8.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    System Manufacturer/Model
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
    Around 13 million employes
Im my attempt to stay in touch with the real world, I read thru the user ( Newegg customer) comments most of the afternoon. You should do that once. It is really interesting - there are over 100 pages. Here is the link.

Interesting to say the least 1/3 have 5 eggs 1/3 have one egg and the remainder 1/3 is in between. Most of the 5 eggs reviews have cons listed. Most of the 1 egg reviews have no pros. With those kind of reviews only 1/3 of users like windows 8 and still have cons they do not like in Windows 8.

Interesting, lol - I did not look at it so scientifically. But you are right. There seem to be few that have no issues at all. I would consider that as 'normal'. There is always something that is not 100% right.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    2xHP, 2xGateway, 1xDell, 1xSony
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
Damn I just bought another Windows 8 license.
I hope you took advantage of the 10% discount with promo code that they had today.

And keep reading the comments. It may teach you something.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
I'm floating in a tin can high above the world.

Can you hear me Major Tom

Can you here me Major Tom.

My Computer

System One

• OS

That's actually interesting because most of the reviewers give it an almost 50/50 split of five eggs to one egg...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014

That's actually interesting because most of the reviewers give it an almost 50/50 split of five eggs to one egg...
Read the comments. Then you'll know what that means.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
I hope you took advantage of the 10% discount with promo code that they had today.

What, like how to become bitter and delusional because I can't understand a computer programme, no thanks, I'll stay the way I am. I'm happy with my lot, I don't get on the net everyday looking for bad news everyday like some people, that sort of stuff can give you a twisted view of the world.

My Computer

System One

• OS

What, like how to become bitter and delusional because I can't understand a computer programme, no thanks, I'll stay the way I am. I'm happy with my lot, I don't get on the net everyday looking for bad news everyday like some people, that sort of stuff can give you a twisted view of the world.

That's better than running an advertising campaign for an audiance with no takers. Gives you perspective of the real world.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
I'm not happy with my TV, I'm going to go on the Internet and find other people just like me and post negative articles for 12 months, that'll give me some perspective.

My Computer

System One

• OS
I'm not happy with my TV, I'm going to go on the Internet and find other people just like me and post negative articles for 12 months, that'll give me some perspective.

You should have read the user comments before you bought that TV.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs

You should have read the user comments before you bought that TV.
If I read user comments I could accidentally buy a MacBook Pro or an iPhone5, no thanks. In the computer world you'd hardly buy anything except Apple and most of it is overpriced rubbish.

When it comes to computers I'll make up my own mind, I'm a leader not a follower.

My Computer

System One

• OS
Yeah, a leader in a desert of smoke.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
deleted by poster

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
Thats okay, as long as I know where I'm going, nothing else matters, that's probably why I was a Leader in a band

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
Now you have to get rid of the quote.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
So when we're talking prices, we must compare the Surface to the Macbook air to be fair.

When we talk about performance we compare it to cell phones and tablets?

mmkay.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Pssh. Who buys prebuilts?
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-2600k 3.4 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual Asus 22" Widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    OCZ SSD boot drive. Spinny secondary drive.
    Case
    Diablotek
    Cooling
    Air
    Keyboard
    Razer BlackWidow Toureny edition.
    Mouse
    Logitech
    Internet Speed
    50 down 10 up
    Browser
    FireFox