How to Boot to "System Recovery Options" in Windows 8 and 8.1
This will show you how to boot to the System Recovery Options
options screen to be able to refresh
Windows 8, reset
Windows 8, do a system restore
, do a system image recovery
, do a automatic repair
, open a command prompt
at boot, or open Advanced Boot Options
to help in the recovery
of Windows 8.
Boot to "System Recovery Options" using "Startup Options"
Boot to the Startup Options Menu
, and click/tap on Troubleshoot
. (see screenshot below) NOTE: You will only see the Use another operating system option if you are mutli booting Windows, or added Safe Mode to the Windows Boot Manager
2. From here, select the recovery option in Troubleshoot or Advanced options that you would like to do at boot. (see screenshots below)
To Open "Recovery" Options in Control Panel
3. From here, select the recovery option that you would like to do. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: If you click/tap on the If you're experiencing problems with your PC, you can refresh in PC settings. link, then you will be taken to step 4 in OPTION THREE below.
To Open "Recovery" Options in PC settings
1. Open PC settings, and do step 2 or 3 below for the Windows 8 you have installed.
2. If you have Windows 8 or Windows RT, then click/tap on General on the left side, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)
3. If you have Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1, then click/tap on Update & recovery on the left side. (see screenshot below)
A) On the left side, click/tap on Recovery
, and go to step 4
below. (see screenshot below)
4. On the right side, click/tap on the recovery option that you would like to do. (see screenshots below step 2 and 3A)