Windows RT a necessary disruption

An insight into the idea of RT.
.Microsoft defended the future viability of Windows RT during an interview with CNET today.Michael Angiulo, corporate vice president, Windows Planning, Hardware & PC Ecosystem, talked with CNET about what makes RT important for the software giant.
The platform took some hard knocks before and after it debuted on October 26. A lot of the criticism has focused on the lack of compatibility with older Windows applications, in contrast to backward-compatible Windows 8 on Intel-based devices.
But Angiulo says Microsoft has good reason to stick with the platform.

More at the source.

Microsoft defends Windows RT as necessary disruption | Microsoft - CNET News

And also, that ASUS isn't cheap hardware IN THE VERY SLIGHTEST. It normally retails from what I've physically seen for about 750 dollars, but that was with 8 gigs of RAM over the 6 listed online, two more than the Surface Pro. It's a very well built PC, if you've handled a Vizio ultrabook, it's that same caliber of quality.

If a 5400rpm hard drive and a maximum screen res of 1366x768 doesn't constitute cheap hardware.. what does? :>
I don't really care about the hard drive. The first thing I do with a new system is to replace the HDD with a SSD. Then I use the HDDs in my open USB caddies for imaging and other things.

The main reason they use 5400RPM drives in lieu of 7200RPM drives is a problem of heat. The 7200RPM drive produces more heat.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    System Manufacturer/Model
    2xHP, 2xGateway, 1xDell, 1xSony
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
Back