Windows 8 is depressing PC sales in record numbers

PC sales are plummeting because consumers are confused and unhappy with Windows 8, and there's no end in sight. So concludes an IDC report, which says the sinking sales are the worst it's ever seen.
O'Donnell adds that he doesn't expect Microsoft to admit its mistakes and make significant changes, telling the Seattle Times:
"I think this is the pride before the fall – because they are unwilling to make those changes, because it would show them as having given up or lost on their radical new vision."​
Windows 8 is depressing PC sales in record numbers, warns IDC | Computerworld Blogs

Do you think M$ will get its head out of the sand any time soon?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    System Manufacturer/Model
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
    Around 13 million employes
Yes, PC sales are plummeting. Sales are plummeting on otherthings as well. I believe that if a person needs a PC he's/she's going to buyone. I honestly do not think that just because they now come with Windows 8installed will keep the person from purchasing a PC. But that is only anopinion. Who really knows for sure why things happen the way they do? There aremore questions in this world than there are answers.

I've purchased about 6 computers this year and passed by all the ones that said "Windows 8".

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Pssh. Who buys prebuilts?
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-2600k 3.4 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual Asus 22" Widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    OCZ SSD boot drive. Spinny secondary drive.
    Case
    Diablotek
    Cooling
    Air
    Keyboard
    Razer BlackWidow Toureny edition.
    Mouse
    Logitech
    Internet Speed
    50 down 10 up
    Browser
    FireFox
    Antivirus
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. AV is for noobs.
    Other Info
    I like Macs.
Well. score or no score, all of my windows 8 workstations are exponentially way faster than the same system with Windows 7 and all of my programs running - And I have a LOT of startup programs. I doin't know why this is, but I love it. If people are complaning about lack of speed, then they must be running some program that runs at startup that is in the background. I'll also have maybe 5 to 10 mkajor programs runnign at any given time. All start BOOM. With windows 7, there is that slight pause before the program starts.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro with Media Center/Windows 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus M2N-MX SE Plus § DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2300 MHz (11.5 x 200) 4400+ § Corsair Value Select
    CPU
    AMD 4400+/4200+
    Motherboard
    Asus M2N-MX SE Plus/Asus A8M2N-LA (NodusM)
    Memory
    2 GB/3GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 8400 GS/GeForce 210
    Sound Card
    nVIDIA GT218 - High Definition Audio Controller
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hitachi 40" LCD HDTV
    Screen Resolution
    "1842 x 1036"
    Hard Drives
    WDC WD50 00AAKS-007AA SCSI Disk Device
    ST1000DL 002-9TT153 SCSI Disk Device
    WDC WD3200AAJB-00J3A0 ATA Device
    WDC WD32 WD-WCAPZ2942630 USB Device
    WD My Book 1140 USB Device
    PSU
    Works 550w
    Case
    MSI "M-Box"
    Cooling
    Water Cooled
    Keyboard
    Dell Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Intellimouse
    Internet Speed
    Cable Medium Speed
    Browser
    Chrome/IE 10
    Antivirus
    Eset NOD32 6.x/Win Defend
    Other Info
    Recently lost my Windows 8 on my main PC, had to go back to Windows 7.
M$ had a finding of fact in a court of law on abusing there monopoly so nothing new here. There judgment ended in 2013.
Yes, that court case started in 1998 and ended in 2000 with the antitrust judgement, which was appealed and an agreement reached in 2001 between MS and the DoJ, and it was approved in 2004. There's a lot different at Microsoft from 1998, or 2001, or even 2004 to now in 2013, and I'd wager over the next 3-4 years even more will change, and perhaps drastically as the global economy changes further.

As to the decline in PC sales, they were declining year over year from 2011 and 2012 before Windows 8 was released. Sales of mobile devices had outstripped sales of typical PC devices before then when mobile device shipments were higher than PC shipments in 2011; the last time PC sales were much higher than mobile devices was 2008, even before Windows 7 released. IPads alone ship more devices than any one major PC vendor ships quarter to quarter, and this has been happening since mid-2011. Do we say Windows 7 was then responsible for this? Does that even make sense?

Windows 8 isn't necessarily helping PC sales, I think we can concede that much is true right now. However, PC sales (and the OEMs) aren't exactly helping the sales of Windows 8 either, and I don't see a lot of vendor promotion of Windows 8 devices aside from Microsoft's commercials, which are mostly for their own Surface devices. If you don't advertise in a competitive market, you aren't likely to do well at the till.

Unfortunately, lots of technical people complain about the fact that Windows 8 seems to cater quite a bit to the touch/mobile market, but they miss the reality of what is happening -anyone still wondering why Microsoft is going down this road likely needs to take a hard look at the economics of what mobile devices, both phones and tablets, are doing to Microsoft's business model. OEMs are apparently unable to market or sell competitive PC devices like they used to be, and the consumer, globally, is voting with his or her wallet and spending far more on mobile devices and tablets than PCs year over year. It's not a surprise that Windows 8 isn't selling as well as Windows 7 either - it's a different market from 2009 to 2013... not entirely, as the trend had already started, but now it's in full swing - and it's sales probably won't reach anywhere near Win7 levels for some time yet. I'd hold off on making predictions that Windows 8 is responsible for the decline of PC sales, though, as both the OEMs and Apple both have a lot to do with that (as has the proliferation of smart phones that are becoming more useful and powerful and "tablet-like"). Heck, even I have a smartphone like this that I actually do a decent amount of work volume on when it's quick and easy to do, which for most people isn't a small amount of their day-to-day job duties.

So, does that mean that hardcore technical people might dislike the new OS and it's changes? Probably a good number of these folks (and some of those they will influence) will have issues with it, some enough that they'll be dissuaded away from the Microsoft platform altogether in the short term (although competitors are starting to copy Microsoft's consolidation of OS across devices, so don't expect to be able to stray too far in the long term). Is it the right thing to do for the bottom line and the survival of the company? Yes, it is - Microsoft needs to (in this day and age of computing) rely less on OEMs to provide platform software sales (they're proving incapable of keeping up with consumer demands on hardware and cost), continue to provide it's own hardware and services as measuring sticks, and continue waging across the front to be the go-to server provider and cloud platform provider for the world. The ways to do that, like it or not, are with Windows 8, consumerization of devices and IT, and services across the web (aka the cloud). Traditional business models, as a revenue model, are declining year over year (and perhaps starting a precipitous decline this year or next, if the numbers hold up), and people who don't see this coming and adapt are likely doomed to decline in value with them over time.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz
    Motherboard
    Asus Maximus Hero VII
    Memory
    32GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce GTX970
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Hard Drives
    1x Samsung 250GB SSD
    4x WD RE 2TB (RAIDZ)
    PSU
    Corsair AX760i
    Case
    Fractal Design Define R4
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D15
Quit looking for conspiracies and think about what you're saying.

M$ had a finding of fact in a court of law on abusing there monopoly so nothing new here. There judgment ended in 2013.

They hardly have the same power as they did in the 1990s. People have alternatives now. Microsoft isn't stupid; they aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    ASUS x54c
    CPU
    Pentium 1.6Ghz
    Memory
    8GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Integrated
    Browser
    IE10
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender

They hardly have the same power as they did in the 1990s. People have alternatives now. Microsoft isn't stupid; they aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot.

They already have now they are aiming for there head with Xbox changes. The consumer has voted with there pocket book.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
Given the XBox is a gaming/entertainment device marketplace, and the only thing Microsoft is a recognized monopoly in is their operating system market on desktop PCs (and they used that to leverage IE over Netscape and other competitors), it wouldn't apply in this case. Microsoft's desktop OS monopoly has nothing to do with sales of the XBox, neither are they a monopoly player in this space - they had the best sales of the 3 major makers (Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft) in 2012, but it doesn't give them a monopoly.

Also, being a monopoly isn't illegal, only using that dominance to stifle competition is. Microsoft is not doing that.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz
    Motherboard
    Asus Maximus Hero VII
    Memory
    32GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce GTX970
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Hard Drives
    1x Samsung 250GB SSD
    4x WD RE 2TB (RAIDZ)
    PSU
    Corsair AX760i
    Case
    Fractal Design Define R4
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D15
Given the XBox is a gaming/entertainment device marketplace, and the only thing Microsoft is a recognized monopoly in is their operating system market on desktop PCs (and they used that to leverage IE over Netscape and other competitors), it wouldn't apply in this case. Microsoft's desktop OS monopoly has nothing to do with sales of the XBox, neither are they a monopoly player in this space - they had the best sales of the 3 major makers (Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft) in 2012, but it doesn't give them a monopoly.

Also, being a monopoly isn't illegal, only using that dominance to stifle competition is. Microsoft is not doing that.

And the Linux users are not suing them.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
Why should the retailers show the Win 8 desktop in the showroom? Desktops and laptops (which is basically a mobile desktop) are being relegated to a niche demographic while tablets are becoming the go-to computing device for the average consumer.

Desktops are for creating media while tablets/phones are for consuming media. If you're not designer, developer or professional business person then you may not even be in the market for a desktop, especially since tablets are getting more robust for basic business tasks.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
they had the best sales of the 3 major makers (Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft) in 2012, but it doesn't give them a monopoly.

In the UK, 25% or greater market share ( or a proposed merger resulting in 25% or greater market share ) is considered monopoly power and comes under the auspices of the Monopolies and Mergers Commission.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Coke said:
If everyone hated it and didn't try it, there would be a problem.
That's exactely what happened. By showing exclusively Metro UI on each and every add for a PC, poeple didn't want to try because it didn't meet their image of a PC. + Microsoft said repeatedly that Metro was the future of the PC. Not realy reassuring.
First sight is extremely important. W8 destroyed PC sales because of the bad advertisement it did on them. I'm sure that the first PC producer who will advirtise their machines with the classic desktop on the pictures will see their sales jump.
Micrososft can and muct invest in tablets, but it shouldn't give the idea that it went only tablet, that Windows is now a tablet OS, and that PC are going to run tablet OSes from now on. That was the big mistake they did.
Just see how it look like... You would wonder whether it still supports MS Office... or it just plays streaming video and let you check facebook in a simplified interface -LOL-.
windows-8-cash-n-carry.jpg
windows81.jpg
les-dirigeants-de-microsoft-ont-devoile-que-dores-et-deja-plus-de-1-000-modeles-d-ordinateurs-et-de-tablettes-etaient-compatibles-avec-windows-8-photo-maxppp.jpg
22windows1-articleLarge.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    w9x
Yes, I'm sure that a lot of people see those images and think 'Is that all it is, just a way to access facebook, music etc?' That is what's been presented as pretty much the 'be all and end all' of Windows 8. I haven't seen one add that really shows Windows 8 in a desktop environment and the benefits that it brings over Windows 7.

So people most likely just decide to go with Apple/Android, as they are a known quantity and most people they know have one or the other.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64

No, shooting themselves in the head is far more efficient.

And from the word coming down, that's precisely what they intend to do with the XBOX. Requiring an active internet connection simply to play a game and the inability to have used games?

Windows 8 can still get away with the excuse that Tablets and what not are eating some share, so its hard to tell exactly what effect it has on the current PC situtation. If they bring out the XBOX they claim to be making, Ballmer will have nowhere to hide if/when it underperforms while the PS4 takes off. I'm really anticipating the XBOX tbh, as that will more than likely be his Waterloo and that entire company is going to get their face kicked in over that product.

Then maybe Bill will take a more active role and tell them to stop f'ing around with invasive measures and simply build products that fill a need and that people want to buy without feeling like they just got mugged. Its probably 97% there, its just the other 3% where Ballmer twirls his mustache and cackles that people take issue with(#1 keeping the desktop interface separate and distinct from the mobile interface, #2 stop trying to be the world's piracy policeman and simply put out an XBOX system that delivers quality games, you know.. LIKE YOU'VE DONE IN THE PAST).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 on the desktop, Windows 8 Surface Pro mobile
... #1 keeping the desktop interface separate and distinct from the mobile interface, ...

It's bizarre that MS can't grasp this simple fix. :confused:

... #2 stop trying to be the world's piracy policeman ...

This is another one of those strange MS actions.

IMO, the only thing that makes sense is that MS receives "brown paper bags filled with cash" from the MPAA & RIAA.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Linux Mint 18.3 MATE (64 bit)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    n/a
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T, 2.8 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASRock 880GMH-LE/USB3
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 1333 G-Skill Ares F3-1333C9D-8GAO (4GB x 2)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD6450
    Sound Card
    Realtek?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung S23B350
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (SATA), Western Digital 2 TB (SATA), Western Digital 3 TB (SATA)
    Case
    Tower
    Mouse
    Wired Optical
    Other Info
    Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit) - 2014-05-17
    Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-11-13
    Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-01-14
    RAM & Graphics Card Upgraded - 2013-01-13
    Monitor Upgraded - 2012-04-20
    System Upgraded - 2011-05-21, 2010-07-14
    HDD Upgraded - 2010-08-11, 2011-08-24,
Yes, I'm sure that a lot of people see those images and think 'Is that all it is, just a way to access facebook, music etc?' That is what's been presented as pretty much the 'be all and end all' of Windows 8. I haven't seen one add that really shows Windows 8 in a desktop environment and the benefits that it brings over Windows 7.

So people most likely just decide to go with Apple/Android, as they are a known quantity and most people they know have one or the other.

Nor have I, Ray. I don't know about overseas, but MS advertising in Aus is almost non-existent. If it wasn't for
Hardly Normal advertising their computer sales, you'd never know such a thing as Windows 8 even existed.
There's been sod-all in the non-tech press, either, from what I've seen.

A far cry from the way they buried us under an avalanche of advertising for Windows 95...:(

Wenda.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 'Ultimate' RTM 64 bit (Pro/WMC).
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer AS8951G 'Desktop Replacement'.
    CPU
    i7-2670QM@2.2/3.1Ghz.
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    8GB@1366Mhz.
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce GT555M 2GB DDR3
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD w/Dolby 5.1 surround.
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Built-in. Non-touch.
    Screen Resolution
    18/4" 1920x1080 full-HD.
    Hard Drives
    Toshiba 750GBx2 internal. 1x2TB, 2x640GB, 1x500GB external.
    PSU
    Stock.
    Case
    Laptop.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Keyboard
    Full 101-key
    Mouse
    USB cordless.
    Browser
    IE11, Firefox, Tor.
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, MalwareBytes Pro.
    Other Info
    BD-ROM drive.
A far cry from the way they buried us under an avalanche of advertising for Windows 95...:(

MS runs ads on Foxtel (PayTV).
I actually saw an ad where someone was using the computer instead of dancing! :shock:

The Harvey Norman "junk mail" we receive doesn't show W8 on the PCs that are being advertised (they all have blank screens).
The only way to know that they have W8 installed is to read the "fine print".

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Linux Mint 18.3 MATE (64 bit)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    n/a
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T, 2.8 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASRock 880GMH-LE/USB3
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 1333 G-Skill Ares F3-1333C9D-8GAO (4GB x 2)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD6450
    Sound Card
    Realtek?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung S23B350
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (SATA), Western Digital 2 TB (SATA), Western Digital 3 TB (SATA)
    Case
    Tower
    Mouse
    Wired Optical
    Other Info
    Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit) - 2014-05-17
    Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-11-13
    Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-01-14
    RAM & Graphics Card Upgraded - 2013-01-13
    Monitor Upgraded - 2012-04-20
    System Upgraded - 2011-05-21, 2010-07-14
    HDD Upgraded - 2010-08-11, 2011-08-24,
Microsoft advertises on Foxtel? That's going to capture the majority of the Australian public? Not.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64

MS runs ads on Foxtel (PayTV).
I actually saw an ad where someone was using the computer instead of dancing! :shock:

The Harvey Norman "junk mail" we receive doesn't show W8 on the PCs that are being advertised (they all have blank screens).
The only way to know that they have W8 installed is to read the "fine print".

I actually just saw something similar on NBC here on a show I recorded the other night, it showed off the Desktop with Office (2010 for some odd reason...) along with some popular games, the People app, and live tiles.

If you ask me, they are NOW doing this Windows 8 adverting correctly: pinpoint some highlights/advantages of the product, show it to consumers. That's what the commercial did, call it... Windows 8 adverting Blue. :geek:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
Coke said:
If everyone hated it and didn't try it, there would be a problem.
That's exactely what happened. By showing exclusively Metro UI on each and every add for a PC, poeple didn't want to try because it didn't meet their image of a PC. + Microsoft said repeatedly that Metro was the future of the PC. Not realy reassuring.
First sight is extremely important. W8 destroyed PC sales because of the bad advertisement it did on them. I'm sure that the first PC producer who will advirtise their machines with the classic desktop on the pictures will see their sales jump.
Micrososft can and muct invest in tablets, but it shouldn't give the idea that it went only tablet, that Windows is now a tablet OS, and that PC are going to run tablet OSes from now on. That was the big mistake they did.
Just see how it look like... You would wonder whether it still supports MS Office... or it just plays streaming video and let you check facebook in a simplified interface -LOL-.
windows-8-cash-n-carry.jpg
windows81.jpg
les-dirigeants-de-microsoft-ont-devoile-que-dores-et-deja-plus-de-1-000-modeles-d-ordinateurs-et-de-tablettes-etaient-compatibles-avec-windows-8-photo-maxppp.jpg
22windows1-articleLarge.jpg
From what I've seen in the flesh, I've heard of and dealt with very few people that didn't like Windows 8 that either had a new PC with it installed or they hated it due to the H8ers on the internet with nothing better to do and a google pay check spewing nonsense. The few people with the Windows 8 PCs were later shown the ways of the new OS, and later have said they like it. The couple other people that never used 8 and hated it later installed it on their PC, and then actually said they like it. Personal relevance to this situation may or may not be the norm, but in this context doesn't say to me that people that hate Windows 8 don't try it when I know for a fact that isn't exactly true.

I don't know where you're at but where I'm at, such as the local amazon showroom and other electronic departments in large retailers, people are in fact trying out Windows 8. Recently, I've been seeing people trying out different PCs (lower end ones though) with Windows 8. As it's tax season, some people are getting their returns, and they're out buying a new PC with some that money.

Also, you REALLY need to people watch better because not many ordinary people are going around saying Windows 8 is a tablet only OS on the PC that is supposed to look like a glassy Windows 95. I've said this again and will continue to say this, the Desktop isn't something people are going to upgrade from Windows 7 to 8 for, nor will it have made any difference if Windows 8 was just 7. If you told someone (in the scenario that 8 was just Windows 7.1) that 8 was somewhat more worthwhile over 7 because of certain under the hood tweaks, that person wouldn't really care. They aren't getting tangible differences or benefits or anything else to say that 8 is better than or less than 7 or even worth the while. Actually, that was the same situation I personally have seen with vista to 7, some people thought their vista PC was fast until I told them it was actually quite slow compared to 7....

And no, I can tell Windows 8 supports Office, you click the Desktop tile.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus

Wow, you're VERY misinformed about the common person...

It's more like, "Whoa, what is this? It has touch? I can use a PC with touch? I should buy my spouse this as this is pretty neat to use."

Ect., ect., ect....

If that were the case that people go with android or ios, why is that someone I know with a Surface RT is giving up their laptop?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
Back