Getting 0xc0000225 error when entering Recovery mode-Win81

This partition 1 was functional just 1 day ago. See post #34 by me. I was able to find e.g. winre.wim on it. Now it seems to be gone..
I saw that post, but you do not say how you found the file. A third party software may still be able to see the contents even though Windows cannot.

Setting a drive as recovery by changing the Type ID will not effect its formatting. They may have been RAW before that was done. When you Recover the partitions, all partitions currently showing as RAW will be repaired, if they can be repaired. Just make sure you select all partitions shown as recoverable. If you do this, you may want to take a picture of the partitions offered for recovery and attach.

The winre.wim file you found at C: \Recovery\LSBCDECD-4086-457C-9B8D-F6C9A16E6D6A does not seem to be a GUID number but possibly a Lenovo folder related to a BCD and ECD files. The file may be in there, but probably not be relevant right now. Maybe Genet would know.

My prior suggestion still stands. Your recovery system will obviously not work the way it is. Another idea might be to start over from scratch, maybe we could see an error in your process.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home Grown
    CPU
    i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77 -v Pro, Z87-Expert
    Memory
    16 G
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified (2)
    Hard Drives
    Kingston SSD 240 GB
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-8-and-8-1/X240-cannot-do-the-system-recovery/td-p/1416595

Lenovo x240

Lenovo x240.png

Maybe Genet would know.

I can not help, because I have done a clean installation of Windows 8.1 with Update.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G580
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-3230M
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Microsoft Edge
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, standard user account
    Other Info
    UEFI firmware (BIOS) embedded Windows 8 product key.
I have been working on this situation all day. As it turns out, there is someone in another forum which is showing all the Recovery partitions as RAW, just as you do.

In that case, the drive had been cloned using Macrium and the Recovery Partition had been moved using Paragon HD Manager Suite 12. I tested Macrium, which seemed to work as it should, but I could not get a copy of Suite 12 to test. If some software did cause the all the Recovery partitions to show as RAW, it might have happened while you were manipulating the partitions.

You say you used Paragon 14. Was that the free Paragon Partition Management software? If I can get the exact software as you used, I can try the test again.

Things look fairly normal in your BCD store, but not sure why you have so many boot options, such as Setup or Boot Menu, or Diagnostic Splash Screen, or any of the other 16 options. It may not be relevant, but looks rather strange.

I suppose we still need to find out what the unspecified error was which originally caused the problem. If you could access the Recovery partitions earlier, then it wasn't the RAW status originally.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home Grown
    CPU
    i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Memory
    16 G
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    Kingston SSD 240 GB
I have done everything I can think of to mess up my system. I have used Paragon to move, create and delete partitions with no problems seen. I have deleted the MSR partition and the recovery tools still work.

I don't know what caused the RAW indications, which would seem to be a primary problem now, but I have to go back to the original problem was caused by the way the install was set up. If there is anything you want me to try, let me know, such as setting up the install exactly as you did.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home Grown
    CPU
    i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Memory
    16 G
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    Kingston SSD 240 GB
@ Saltgrass

Been reminded in other thread.

•Disabling UEFI will make the system unbootable as there is no MBR on the disks.
•You CANNOT make a sector-by-sector copy of GPT disks. The Disk and Partition GUIDs will no longer be unique. This must never happen. You can make a sector-by-sector copy of the contents of ESP or basic data partitions.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
Back