Windows 8 Grabs 5.42% of the OS Market

Microsoft’s Windows 8 operating system has managed to grab 5.42 percent of the OS market at the end of July, recent data from Net Applications unveils.

However, the operating system grew only 0.32 percentage points during the month, after enjoying a 0.83 percentage points increase in June.

According to a recent article on TNW, the June surge was mainly due to the release of Windows 8.1 Preview, which helped the platform gain 5.10 percent market share.

In July, however, its growth slowed down, though it was accompanied by a 0.13 percentage points increase in Windows 7 usage, which now accounts for 44.50 percent of the market.

Ever since its official release in October, Windows 8 has showed steady growth, though the July increase appears to be the smallest one until now.

Available only as a Preview version for the time being, Windows 8.1 should arrive on PCs in the not too distant future, offering some appealing new features when compared to Windows 8, and capable of attracting more users to it, that’s for sure.

This should help Windows 8 increase its share on the market, though it might still take a while before it will manage to take down already established platform iterations from Microsoft.
Windows 8 Grabs 5.42% of the OS Market

You have totally missed the point of SIW2's post.

I could easily say the same about you, but I won't get into a tit for tat argument. We're done.

That said, just because I choose not follow the masses doesn't mean I don't get it. It just means I tend to look at things a bit more differently. Everyone has an opinion, and I have mine.

I've been around these forums for a long time - vista, seven, and now eight. Most of the people here know me; and even though we may disagree, I've never made it personal, nor tried disrespecting anyone. As I like to say... we can agree to disagree agreeably and move on.

And for the record, I'm quite aware 8 has some short comings, and agree with some of the stuff said... but not all.

Have a good day.

Peace :cool:
Yes we'll have to agree to disagree because I stand by my initial statement that your response to SIW2 was totally irrelevant. And that's my last word on the subject.

As for length of membership time in forums, etc, lets stick to the here and now and the matter in question; and forget the trumpet blowing, eh?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ult Reatil & Win 8 Pro OEM
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Built as DIY
    CPU
    6 core 12 thread & 4 core
    Motherboard
    Inel Extreme & Intel standard
    Memory
    12GB & 8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    3 top end SLI linked & onboard
    Sound Card
    In built in graphics card & onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24 & 23 inch Samsung LED backlit
    Screen Resolution
    High def
    Hard Drives
    Corsair Force 128GB SATA3 SSDs in each machine. Plus several external USB3 and eSATA spinner HDs
Back