Windows 8.1 RTM Released to MSDN & Technet

Windows 8.1 is now available for download from Technet & MSDN :D

Based on the feedback from you and our partners, we’re pleased to announce that we will be making available our current Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Pro RTM builds (as well as Windows Server 2012 R2 RTM builds) to the developer and IT professional communities via MSDN and TechNet subscriptions. The current Windows 8.1 Enterprise RTM build will be available through MSDN and TechNet for businesses later this month. For developers, we are also making available the Visual Studio 2013 Release Candidate, which you can download here. For more on building and testing apps for Windows 8.1, head on over to today’s blog post from Steve Guggenheimer.

aggbug.aspx

More...

I took a clean install, the 8.0 OEM key wasn't accepted (I had a key prompt which I skipped) but the OEM key it was already inserted. Just needed to activate online. :thumb:
If you need to re-insert it manually, do that. If it fails it might already be inserted.

All good.

Needed to mess around a bit so I also did the install in a VirtualBox 4.3 Beta but I had bluescreens due to VBox being unstable; VM VT-x instabilities.

The OS works fine and I like the new colored tiles.

Looks like the default Windows theme is pretty orange-yellowish, just to my liking and that was a surprise. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    HP, Intel HM77 Express Chipset
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD4000 + Nvidia Geforce 630M
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6' built-in + Samsung S22D300 + 17.3' LG Phillips
    Screen Resolution
    multiple resolutions
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 250GB + Hitachi HDD 750GB
    PSU
    120W adapter
    Case
    small
    Cooling
    laptop cooling pad
    Keyboard
    Backlit built-in + big one in USB
    Mouse
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Internet Speed
    slow and steady
    Browser
    Chromium, Pale Moon, Firefox Developer Edition
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    That's basically it.
wonder if this means they going to release some updates for the RTM too
the only update so far was today, it was a flash player update

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer
    CPU
    x9100(@3.6gig)
    Motherboard
    8930g
    Memory
    6gb ddr3
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia
    Sound Card
    realtek 5.1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    18.2in
    Screen Resolution
    1920 × 1080 full HD
    Hard Drives
    240gig SSD
    500gig HDD
    Internet Speed
    152mb cable
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    defender
I took a clean install, the 8.0 OEM key wasn't accepted (I had a key prompt which I skipped) but the OEM key it was already inserted. Just needed to activate online. :thumb:
If you need to re-insert it manually, do that. If it fails it might already be inserted.

All good.

Needed to mess around a bit so I also did the install in a VirtualBox 4.3 Beta but I had bluescreens due to VBox being unstable; VM VT-x instabilities.

The OS works fine and I like the new colored tiles.

Looks like the default Windows theme is pretty orange-yellowish, just to my liking and that was a surprise. :)

The product key field was blank for me. I never thought to try skipping it. I don't know what my embedded code is. The script I ran only showed my Media Center key when I ran it, not the embedded key. In a way it actually made things quicker and simpler for me. My embedded code is for 8 core, so I end up upgrading to 8 Pro and then doing it again to add media center. I got to skip one step and install 8.1 Pro. Then do the one add features to add Media Center.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition Deneb 3.7GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS M4N68T-M V2 µATX Motherboard
    Memory
    8GB 4GBx2 Kingston PC10600 DDR3 1333 Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA Geforce GT640 2 Gig DDR3 PCIe
    Sound Card
    VIA VT1708s High Definition Audio 8-channel Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    22" LG E2242 1080p and 2 19" I-INC AG191D
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024 - 1920x1080 - 1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    Crucial MX100 256 GB SSD and 500 GB WD Blue SATA
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Power Up Black ATX Mid-Tower Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless K350 Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech M570 Trackball and T650 TouchPad
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    HP DVD1040e Lightscribe - External USB2
I think it's time for you to move on from Vista Windows mail and find another program that you like.

Got it to work using the Win 7 tute (Edit: now defunct) ...it and calendar both now work fine. I don't care if it's regarded as an insecurity now that its not supported, I happen to like it better than other email clients and my antivirus/antispam client will filter it anyway. Sorry but I'm not into all this Outlook in the cloud stuff.

Just received 17 and then 1 more for Office after the reboot which I had to go and download manually as it kept repeating itself and then failing.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 7 Ult SP1 + Win 10 Pro - (x64)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Alienware® ALX X58
    CPU
    Intel® Core i7-975 Extreme 3.86 GHz 8MB Cache
    Motherboard
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 Socket 1366 Core i7, Dual Triple Channel DDR3 Mem
    Memory
    24GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz - 6 x 4096MB
    Graphics Card(s)
    1792 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 295/Hauppauge HVR2250 TV Tuner
    Sound Card
    Onboard Soundmax® High definition Sound
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung XL2370 LED
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1080P
    Hard Drives
    2 X 500gb SATA
    1 X 1TB SATA
    1 X 3TB external eSATA
    (Non-RAID)
    PSU
    Alienware® 1200 Watt Multi-GPU
    Case
    Alienware® P2 ALX Chassis with AlienIce 3.0 Video Cooling
    Cooling
    Alienware® High-Perf. Liquid Cooling + Acoustic Dampening
    Keyboard
    Microsoft® Wireless Entertainment 8000 + Logitech® G15 Wired
    Mouse
    Microsoft® Wireless Laser 8000 + Logitech® G9 Wired
    Internet Speed
    1tbs
    Other Info
    Using non-RAID on purpose as I find it too fussy and temperamental.
Microsoft screwed up big time with this one! Make sure you have a backup of your Windows 7 installation before upgrading to this piece of crap. Good thing I backed up. I had years of software installed on my Windows 7 installation that was summarily wiped out by this "upgrade". I figured that when they said you have to reinstall your apps, they meant the apps from the app store. But apparently not. All of my software that I spent years accumulating was gone! I am not about to go about finding product keys and installation media for all the software that I had installed, some of which doesn't exist anymore. I had gigabytes of games installed that I would have to re-download from Steam, Origin and Blizzard again. This doesn't work well if you have a slow internet connection with download caps. As I was restoring my backup of Windows 7, I wondered why Microsoft did this. The only reason I can think of, is to drive people to their store to buy software that cannot be easily replaced by this "upgrade". I noticed that during the "upgrade" of Windows 8.1, they helpfully added a screen that said you can get apps from their app store. Nice try Microsoft, but I won't be doing that again any time soon. If I have to replace all of my software in order to upgrade, I will buy an Apple or Chromebook first, instead of your very user-unfriendly operating system.

Snarks

Sorry to hear.... but the upgrade path for keeping apps & settings only applies to previous versions of windows 8...and yeah backup should be a regular habit IMHO particularly if you spent years accumulating apps and setting up your rig to your specific needs.

So if I upgrade to Windows 8 first and then Windows 8.1, I should be able to keep my programs? Am I reading you correctly? I'd be more than happy to do that if it meant that I get to keep my programs. Can someone enlighten me?

Snarks

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre RTM
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    Intel i7-4770 Quad Core
    Memory
    32 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GeForce GTX 660
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster Recon 3D
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell Generic
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    256 GB SSD Boot drive with 3 TB Data drive
    Mouse
    Logitech
    Internet Speed
    100 Mbit
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Norton 360
When I did the update from 8 to the 8.1 preview though the store I didn't lose anything, apps or installed programs. I did a clean install of the 8.1 RTM though so I started with a clean slate this time around.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
I think it's time for you to move on from Vista Windows mail and find another program that you like.

Got it to work using the Win 7 tute...it and calendar both now work fine. I don't care if it's regarded as an insecurity now that its not supported, I happen to like it better than other email clients and my antivirus/antispam client will filter it anyway. Sorry but I'm not into all this Outlook in the cloud stuff.

Just received 17 and then 1 more for Office after the reboot which I had to go and download manually as it kept repeating itself and then failing.

One of the office updates screwed up Outlook 2013 on me and another forum member. http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/31078-outlook-2013-problem.html.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
When I did the update from 8 to the 8.1 preview though the store I didn't lose anything, apps or installed programs. I did a clean install of the 8.1 RTM though so I started with a clean slate this time around.

I think I may just bite the bullet and do a clean install. I really want to have this on my computer, but I didn't want to have to install everything all over again. Maybe a clean install is what I need in order to get rid of all the accumulated crap on my computer too. Thanx for your help!

Snarks

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre RTM
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    Intel i7-4770 Quad Core
    Memory
    32 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GeForce GTX 660
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster Recon 3D
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell Generic
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    256 GB SSD Boot drive with 3 TB Data drive
    Mouse
    Logitech
    Internet Speed
    100 Mbit
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Norton 360

I think I may just bite the bullet and do a clean install. I really want to have this on my computer, but I didn't want to have to install everything all over again. Maybe a clean install is what I need in order to get rid of all the accumulated crap on my computer too. Thanx for your help!

Snarks

I had issues when I updated to the 8.1 preview though the store. My WIFI would cut in and out at random, same deal for my touch pad. All's good this time around after doing a clean install. I'll take a clean install over an upgrade any day of the week. I don't mind taking the extra time required if it gets me a nice fast stable system.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info

Got it to work using the Win 7 tute...it and calendar both now work fine. I don't care if it's regarded as an insecurity now that its not supported, I happen to like it better than other email clients and my antivirus/antispam client will filter it anyway. Sorry but I'm not into all this Outlook in the cloud stuff.

One of the office updates screwed up Outlook 2013 on me and another forum member. http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/31078-outlook-2013-problem.html.

I wish I could remember which one it was...the KB ended in 2009 I believe and it was an Office update. (In Vista a.t.m.) I'm not sure what the cure is, if any, for hiccups in WU. Apart from hiding the darn thing and then manually installing from their website I guess.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 7 Ult SP1 + Win 10 Pro - (x64)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Alienware® ALX X58
    CPU
    Intel® Core i7-975 Extreme 3.86 GHz 8MB Cache
    Motherboard
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 Socket 1366 Core i7, Dual Triple Channel DDR3 Mem
    Memory
    24GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz - 6 x 4096MB
    Graphics Card(s)
    1792 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 295/Hauppauge HVR2250 TV Tuner
    Sound Card
    Onboard Soundmax® High definition Sound
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung XL2370 LED
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1080P
    Hard Drives
    2 X 500gb SATA
    1 X 1TB SATA
    1 X 3TB external eSATA
    (Non-RAID)
    PSU
    Alienware® 1200 Watt Multi-GPU
    Case
    Alienware® P2 ALX Chassis with AlienIce 3.0 Video Cooling
    Cooling
    Alienware® High-Perf. Liquid Cooling + Acoustic Dampening
    Keyboard
    Microsoft® Wireless Entertainment 8000 + Logitech® G15 Wired
    Mouse
    Microsoft® Wireless Laser 8000 + Logitech® G9 Wired
    Internet Speed
    1tbs
    Other Info
    Using non-RAID on purpose as I find it too fussy and temperamental.
Downloading 8.1x64 even as we speak...;) 'bout 10m to go...

OK, didn't someone try to say a little while back that no ISO of 8.1 was scheduled to be released? Seems Like I recall that thread...;) I thought it would be insane of Microsoft to do that--and I'm glad to see it isn't so, after all.

What I plan to do is to burn the DVD and boot from the DVD and do the upgrade install from there. I'm not entirely sure that trying to install 8.1 from an 8.0 boot is going to upgrade 100% correctly. I'll get back here and report on whether or not I had to re-do Media Center or anything else.

@SnarkyTwit

Although I see you've changed your mind about a clean install, yes, you can restore your Win7 system from your backup, install the 8.0 upgrade and then upgrade again to 8.1 from there. That's what I did--my upgrade to 8.1 tonight will complete the process! Yea, if you have a lot of junk installed--PD and the like, I would recommend you go for a clean install. But if all you have is a fair number of legitimate Windows applications and games that you would rather not reinstall, then I would certainly recommend the 7-8-8.1 upgrade route as it will save you a lot of time. Once you've done that--you can always do a clean install later if you become unhappy with the result for some reason.

I think Microsoft did it that way because the company didn't want anyone who hadn't bought Win8 to be able to upgrade from another version of Windows to 8.1. Doesn't matter for the 8.0 crowd since they're getting 8.1 for free anyway. Just guessing, but probably after the trial period for the RTM expires (in Jan '14, I believe) I'll bet purchasers of Win8.1 (since 8.0 won't be sold any longer) will be able to upgrade from 7 exactly as 8.0 customers were able to do.

EDIT: I can't believe it--but I'm getting so old my hinges are rusting--I *forgot* that Win8 won't let me install direct/upgrade from the DVD drive but that it has to be installed from a previous system boot! Grrrrr-r-r-r-rrrrr......the old gray cells must be dying by the billions! I *have* to upgrade from the 8.0 boot! Sorry if I confused anyone on that point!

Let's see if I can recall how I originally installed 8.0 when I upgraded from Win7--let's see, I copied the Win8 install DVD to a folder on my hard drive and then let'er rip...! OK, now I'll try *that* and see if I have forgotten yet something else!

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    UEFI install of Win8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    self-crafted
    CPU
    FX-6300 @4.515Ghz
    Motherboard
    MSI 970a-G46
    Memory
    8 GB DDR3 (2x4) 1600 @ 1800
    Graphics Card(s)
    2GB HD 7850 @1.05GHz core/6GB/s ram
    Sound Card
    RealTek 892
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HannsG HZ281
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 320GB sata2 boot UEFI install of 8.1 x64;
    1TB WD Blue SATA 3;
    Seagate 2x 500GB sata2's in RAID 0
    PSU
    Corsair GS600
    Case
    LIan Li
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    Logitech Internet k-board
    Mouse
    Microsoft Sidewinder
    Internet Speed
    VDSL
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    built into OS MSE/Defender
    Other Info
    Had a brain amputation followed up by an all-lobe "clean-up" lobotomy last year, am doing fine. Life is so much simpler, now.
OK, didn't someone try to say a little while back that no ISO of 8.1 was scheduled to be released? Seems Like I recall that thread...;)
Microsoft said no ISO of 8.1 was scheduled to be released for consumers.

From one of the comments on this blog post:
Brandon LeBlanc said:
Consumers will only be able to get Windows 8.1 for free through the Windows Store. ISO images won’t be made available broadly for consumers.

I'm guessing that "consumers"= folks without MSDN or Technet accounts; which is the vast majority of Windows users.

I've not seen anything yet that says they've changed this, although with all the back-tracking going on, it's possible they'll change their minds on that one too...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1, 10
Microsoft said no ISO of 8.1 was scheduled to be released for consumers.

From one of the comments on this blog post:
Brandon LeBlanc said:
Consumers will only be able to get Windows 8.1 for free through the Windows Store. ISO images won’t be made available broadly for consumers.

I'm guessing that "consumers"= folks without MSDN or Technet accounts; which is the vast majority of Windows users.

I've not seen anything yet that says they've changed this, although with all the back-tracking going on, it's possible they'll change their minds on that one too...

As it won't be that long until Win8.1 completely replaces 8.0 on retail store shelves--with iso's on DVD, of course--I don't see how Microsoft might ever be able to go DVD-less or iso-less with general consumers...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    self-crafted
    CPU
    FX-6300 @4.515Ghz
    Motherboard
    MSI 970a-G46
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    RealTek 892
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HannsG HZ281
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200
    Hard Drives
    1TB WD Blue SATA 3;
    PSU
    Corsair GS600
    Case
    LIan Li
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Sidewinder
    Internet Speed
    VDSL
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    Had a brain amputation followed up by an all-lobe "clean-up" lobotomy last year, am doing fine. Life is so much simpler, now.
As it won't be that long until Win8.1 completely replaces 8.0 on retail store shelves--with iso's on DVD, of course--I don't see how Microsoft might ever be able to go DVD-less or iso-less with general consumers...
You're right, of course, at least for the upgrades from XP/Vista/7. They may not appear in the stores straight away, of course, as for a while people will be able to upgrade to 8 and then use the Store.

But for people who already have 8.0 (especially pre-installed on an OEM machine), there's more possibilities...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1, 10
Thought I'd check back in and let anyone who is interested know that my upgrade install of 8.1 from 8.0 went without a hitch--my considerable volume of non-Microsoft-Store applications & games was carried over without a hitch!

Inconvenience: had to phone in my activation after installation, but that was a small annoyance

Also, the upgrade policy from 8.0 has definitely changed for the better, with the 8.1 x64 RTM. In 8.0, when the installer told you that it was preserving your "files, settings, and apps" it meant by "apps" only those programs installed through the Windows store. The upgrade from 8.0 to 8.1 used the same verbiage, but happily I can report that now Microsoft programmers clearly understand that the word "apps" means "any installed applications or games in your system" and not *just* "apps" purchased from the Microsoft store. I sweated that a little tonight while the upgrade was proceeding--but I needn't have worried--Microsoft has learned what "applications" are, finally, in the Win8 upgrading saga...;) (Although, what at first caused the company to forget/overlook every application on earth save those available from the Windows store is completely beyond me as Microsoft has never had that problem before!)

Yep--upgrading 8.0 to 8.1 RTM and preserving 100% of your installed applications works fine now, just as you would expect! Good news, I think.

I really don't understand why Microsoft wanted to keep this away from the public until 10/18...just seems like simply another of those inexplicable brain malfunctions Microsoft has had often this year. RTM is RTM and if 8.1 wasn't "really" RTM then Microsoft should not have said that it was. OTOH, if indeed it is RTM like it seems to be, then there's little reason to hold it back from the company's 8.0 customers who have been running Win8 for a long time, going on a year. Also, it seems inexplicable why Microsoft would want to insist that its customers upgrade 8.0 to 8.1 through the Microsoft store when the upgrade install function in the present RTM iso works splendidly well! Go figure. I trust the local upgrade from local disk far more than I would trust a remote upgrade from the Microsoft store. So, I'd imagine, do a lot of other people.

What I'll work on tomorrow will be trying to change my primary account from a Microsoft account to a local account--Microsoft seems to have made that a bit more complex than it was in 8.0, where it was fairly easy to do that, I thought.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    self-crafted
    CPU
    FX-6300 @4.515Ghz
    Motherboard
    MSI 970a-G46
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    RealTek 892
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HannsG HZ281
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200
    Hard Drives
    1TB WD Blue SATA 3;
    PSU
    Corsair GS600
    Case
    LIan Li
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Sidewinder
    Internet Speed
    VDSL
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Other Info
Also, the upgrade policy from 8.0 has definitely changed for the better, with the 8.1 x64 RTM. In 8.0, when the installer told you that it was preserving your "files, settings, and apps" it meant by "apps" only those programs installed through the Windows store.
I don't understand that comment, because when upgrading to 8.0 from 7 or earlier, there was no Windows Store to keep apps from, so preserving apps meant good old fashioned desktop apps because Windows 7 didn't have anything else.

As far as I know, upgrading from 7 to 8 kept Desktop apps and mostly they worked.

If you upgraded to 8.0 from an 8.0 Preview versions, then you wouldn't expect to keep much because Previews are just a test version and all bets are off; and I think the same might be true from 8.1 Preview to 8.1.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1, 10
Waltc did say "from 8.0 has definitely changed for"

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Use several different computers during a day, so specs are irrelevant.
Well, as I read it, if you are changing from 8 to 8.1? He doesn't mention 7

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Use several different computers during a day, so specs are irrelevant.
I'm also a bit confused...Apps have not in my experience differed in origin when updating, AFAIK...

.. I think perhaps Waltc may be referring to..

Refresh your PC without affecting your files

• The apps that came with your PC or you installed from Windows Store will be reinstalled, but any apps you installed from other websites and DVDs will be removed. Windows puts a list of the removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    PC-DOS v1.0
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    IBM
    CPU
    Intel 8088, 4.77MHz
    Memory
    16K, 640K max