What's the point of PAYING for WMC

WMC vs MPC-HC vs VLC

WMC is the only player that effectively shows broadcast TV through my USB tuner. The software provided by the tuner manufacturer is rubbish and I haven't found anything else that will do the job. VLC is supposed to be able to do this, but for the life of me, I can't get it to work.

On my PC, WMC is able to automatically locate more DTV channels, than MPC-HC and VLC can.

I don't use WMC, because I don't like how many services it starts.

VLC works with these settings on my PC.

VLC - DTV.jpg

Here is my DTV playlist for Adelaide channels (the zip file contains an xspf file).
View attachment VLC-2 DTV Channels (2012-12-17).zip
You may have to manually edit the frequency settings in that playlist (depending on where you live).

Here is a DTV Channel guide (IMO, it is a poorly designed document).
View attachment DTV Channels.pdf

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Linux Mint 18.3 MATE (64 bit)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    n/a
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T, 2.8 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASRock 880GMH-LE/USB3
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 1333 G-Skill Ares F3-1333C9D-8GAO (4GB x 2)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD6450
    Sound Card
    Realtek?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung S23B350
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (SATA), Western Digital 2 TB (SATA), Western Digital 3 TB (SATA)
    Case
    Tower
    Mouse
    Wired Optical
    Other Info
    Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit) - 2014-05-17
    Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-11-13
    Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-01-14
    RAM & Graphics Card Upgraded - 2013-01-13
    Monitor Upgraded - 2012-04-20
    System Upgraded - 2011-05-21, 2010-07-14
    HDD Upgraded - 2010-08-11, 2011-08-24,
[
On my PC, WMC is able to automatically locate more DTV channels, than MPC-HC and VLC can.

I don't use WMC, because I don't like how many services it starts.

VLC works with these settings on my PC.
Here is my DTV playlist for Adelaide channels (the zip file contains an xspf file).
View attachment 14875
You may have to manually edit the frequency settings in that playlist (depending on where you live).

Here is a DTV Channel guide (IMO, it is a poorly designed document).
View attachment 14874

I don't particularly like WMC, but as I said, it's the only one I can get to show broadcast TV. I've done a lot of searching on how to set things up with VLC, but everything that I've tried has failed. It doesn't have any auto detect feature and it's complete hit or miss with every variable.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64
How do you use VLC player for digital TV steaming? I can't for the life of me figure it out!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
WMC is still free till the end of the month and as far as I'm concerned nothing else "especially no App" can touch it.

I don't even use the TV tuner and it still rocks.

I can stream to 8 machines at the same time, 3 wireless and 5 wired machines, the same movie at nearly the same frame, all from a single Library and it still works flawlessly.

Also the remote control feature for WMC is the best thing ever.

Not to mention it's integration with Xbox plus endless other stuff it can do like Netflix streaming and other online streaming options.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home built
    CPU
    Q9650 @ 4.05 GHz
    Motherboard
    Gforce 780i SLI FTW
    Memory
    8GB Gskill DDR2 1200Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX-480
    Sound Card
    Asus D2 Xonar
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HannsG
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Gskill 120GB SSD
    PSU
    Thermal Take 1000watts
    Case
    Thermal Take Xtreme
    Cooling
    9 fans air cooled
    Keyboard
    G15 logitech
    Mouse
    G9 logitech
    Internet Speed
    50mbps
Media Center reminds me of a vestige of old by-gone days where it was presumed that the desktop PC would be the forefront and center of the home entertainment setup in the future which would be around today, the PC was to be the media center. It can do lots of things real well, but it was never really adopted as it was never used as most people never really know about it. This is especially true since at that time way long ago, itunes was starting to become the default program that people used along with Windows Media Player and others, and the Xbox 360 wasn't released until 2005 to take real advantage of Media Center, by which time the ipod and itunes was the center of media entertainment.

Rather sad....

Now, instead of Windows Media Center, it's now shifting to Xbox Music.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
Hi there
I'm not sure if WMC supplies any meaningful function these days - especially if you have to pay for it.

It won't play normal commercial DVD's, and for things like TV you don't need tuners etc any more --broadband these days is fast enough.

recently I was in LA and via a proxy was watching a live "footie" (Soccer) stream from the UK -- Internet even in the hotel on Wireless was perfectly fast enough for the video stream-- not even using the Hotel's Hi-Speed Lan - couldn't find a simple thing like a piece of Lan cable in W. Hollywood any more !!! Quality was fine for watching the game on the laptop --which I outputted to the Hotel bedroom's TV -- nice Samsung LCD -- well done W.,Hollywood hotels - far cheaper than downtown LA, (short bus ride to Santa Monica beach and Venice Blvd --also a great experience) and far more interesting than downtown LA.

Internet speed will not really be a limiting factor any more.

So can anyone tell me what do you use WMC for or are you installing it just because at the moment "It's there and free".

Cheers
jimbo

Just came back from Las Vegas and Santa Monica, every time I go to Venice Beach, and Muscle Beach, I see the same 80 year old guy there and he's always on his own. I think it could be Arnold Zwarzenneger.

I mainly use WMC for music, it looks really great on a large TV. for movies I use XBMC, absolute best.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP
the ipod and itunes was the center of media entertainment.

Rather sad....

you're comparing apples to oranges. no one can use iTunes to do what WMC does. iTunes has no remote control support. it cannot run applets. it has no tuner support. it has no recording support. it has no Netflix support.

You can build an HTPC solely for media consumption in the living room with WMC and never see Windows or any operating system in the process, functioning like any other home entertainment system like your audio receiver or BluRay player or whatever. Your wife can be watching her shows and browsing channels and thinking that there's no PC there. Just an amped up cable box.

In fact, for the AV enthusiast, many of them have a PC dedicated to being their cable box with WMC as the center of that universe. And many in fact set up WMC so that the user is never exposed to the operating system.

iTunes is probably the most inefficiently written piece of software in the world. you look up bloat and the first entry is iTunes. it's a glorified WinAmp or Windows Media Player and the only reason they use it is because Apple products force them to use it.

at least Xbox Music has streaming like Spotify. But again, there's no reason to compare Xbox Music to WMC because it has none of WMC's features either.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
the ipod and itunes was the center of media entertainment.

Rather sad....

you're comparing apples to oranges. no one can use iTunes to do what WMC does. iTunes has no remote control support. it cannot run applets. it has no tuner support. it has no recording support. it has no Netflix support.

You can build an HTPC solely for media consumption in the living room with WMC and never see Windows or any operating system in the process, functioning like any other home entertainment system like your audio receiver or BluRay player or whatever. Your wife can be watching her shows and browsing channels and thinking that there's no PC there. Just an amped up cable box.

In fact, for the AV enthusiast, many of them have a PC dedicated to being their cable box with WMC as the center of that universe. And many in fact set up WMC so that the user is never exposed to the operating system.

iTunes is probably the most inefficiently written piece of software in the world. you look up bloat and the first entry is iTunes. it's a glorified WinAmp or Windows Media Player and the only reason they use it is because Apple products force them to use it.

at least Xbox Music has streaming like Spotify. But again, there's no reason to compare Xbox Music to WMC because it has none of WMC's features either.

There's a reason why I said MOST people, not all, don't use Media Center. There are that do. But then again, if it was such a commonly used featured and everyone used, why was it taken out as a feature in Windows 8? Literally almost no one was using it for more than five minutes at a time. After that it wasn't accessed. The people that use Media Center, great for them! They know their stuff. For everyone else, it's usually itunes. I'm not glorifying itunes ESPECIALLY version 11, as it's abhorrent ugly grey crap that has little place being on Windows. But since everyone and their mother uses an iphone or ipod, music listening, video watching, media downloading isn't done on Media Center, it's done on itunes. As everyone uses Windows and some iDevice, itunes becomes kind of obvious to use.

I would had wished Microsoft had done more with Media Center and made it a better feature for Windows, maybe even taking it to the Windows 8 app level with serious functionality but they didn't for different and obvious reasons. It's interesting, at one time the desktop PC was to be the center of a media center in a home, it's actually gone now to the Xbox. The Xbox is being used more commonly for a home's theater setup for video, music, and entertainment in general. Reasoning being is other than the content, many people have decent TVs and sound systems hooked up whereas their PC's speakers are probably iffy.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
no one can use iTunes to do what WMC does. iTunes has no remote control support. it cannot run applets. it has no tuner support. it has no recording support. it has no Netflix support.

You'd use an Apple TV for Netflix, and you'd use its remote to control iTunes for music, video, etc, or you'd use the Remote App on an iOS device to control iTunes. The 1' interface is great for music on my Touch, and it's better than any 10' interface using a standard remote. I talked more about what's possible here in my earlier message in this thread.

Well, no. For a somewhat detailed discussion of iTunes vs Microsoft junkware for music, see my posts:

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-...dows-live-brands-windows-8-a-2.html#post68893

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-...dows-live-brands-windows-8-a-2.html#post69404

Apple has actually made iTunes 11 faster than 10, which was no slouch, and improved it in various ways. As for Xbox Music, it's even more horrible than anything Microsoft has done before:

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/13325-xbox-music-painful.html#post143702

Except for the Media Center DVR and especially its CableCard capabilities, Microsoft is irrelevant for multimedia, as there are far better programs available for everything else, like I described in my earlier message in this thread. The only other reason to use Media Center is for the extender capability, but even then, I'd use it just for Recorded TV. Like I said in my earlier message, I wouldn't let Media Center and the underlying Media Player anywhere near my music collection. Besides iTunes and Apple TV and Remote App on iOS devices, various boxes support Plex and XBMC, or NAS or other dedicated storage such as USB drives, and they would be worth looking into if you have a lot of ripped video to play. I wish there was one box that does everything, but so far, it doesn't exist. Maybe the Ceton Echo can grow into it, but that remains to be seen.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
I've just recently started using Media Center in Windows 7. I suffer from chronic back pain and often rest in bed for relief. My spare PC is in my bedroom so I have some tunes to listen too. When the TV in that room died I tried putting a TV Tuner card in that PC so it could do double duty. I have to say I like being able to switch from watching TV to watching videos to listening to music with the remote. In the past I'd have to do it with my wireless keyboard/trackpad. or actually get up and use the trackball. I only briefly used the Media Center in Windows 8 so I'm not sure if one differs much if at all from the other. Would I want MC for Windows 8? Yes I it would be something I'd like to have, at least on a PC in that room. Would I pay for it in Windows 8? I'm not sure? If I had to I guess? I'll likely never put Windows 8 on that PC again so it won't be a concern until I have to replace it. I'm happy its a free be in Windows 7 though. I never would have paid just to try it out.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition Deneb 3.7GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS M4N68T-M V2 µATX Motherboard
    Memory
    8GB 4GBx2 Kingston PC10600 DDR3 1333 Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA Geforce GT640 2 Gig DDR3 PCIe
    Sound Card
    VIA VT1708s High Definition Audio 8-channel Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    22" LG E2242 1080p and 2 19" I-INC AG191D
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024 - 1920x1080 - 1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    Crucial MX100 256 GB SSD and 500 GB WD Blue SATA
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Power Up Black ATX Mid-Tower Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless K350 Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech M570 Trackball and T650 TouchPad
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    HP DVD1040e Lightscribe - External USB2
I don't particularly like WMC, but as I said, it's the only one I can get to show broadcast TV. I've done a lot of searching on how to set things up with VLC, but everything that I've tried has failed. It doesn't have any auto detect feature and it's complete hit or miss with every variable.

You should be able to edit the xspf file (to alter the frequencies to suit your location) using the info in the pdf.
Some of the channels in that playlist might work without editing (ABC?).

I can't remember how I generated my playlist originally (I've been using it for a couple of years).
I only recently completed the channel list though.

It is certainly easier to get WMC to automatically find the DTV channels, than trying to manually set up VLC.

MPC-HC has a scanner, but you have to enter the start and end frequencies and the bandwidth.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Linux Mint 18.3 MATE (64 bit)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    n/a
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T, 2.8 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASRock 880GMH-LE/USB3
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 1333 G-Skill Ares F3-1333C9D-8GAO (4GB x 2)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD6450
    Sound Card
    Realtek?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung S23B350
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (SATA), Western Digital 2 TB (SATA), Western Digital 3 TB (SATA)
    Case
    Tower
    Mouse
    Wired Optical
    Other Info
    Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit) - 2014-05-17
    Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-11-13
    Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-01-14
    RAM & Graphics Card Upgraded - 2013-01-13
    Monitor Upgraded - 2012-04-20
    System Upgraded - 2011-05-21, 2010-07-14
    HDD Upgraded - 2010-08-11, 2011-08-24,
i did add wmc key, only because it's free now.

I wanted to use a pc as media center last year, basically i got fed up of Lg smart tv limitations, it didn't play half my family videos, it was slow, i needed to start a pc anyway.. and i had a core2duo pc i could use for media center, so i started testing all media center software i could find.

WMC did behave good (images and videos), but XBMC was over it. Mind you i didn't need any tuner options so that was a non issue for me.

Things like WMC not reading exif information to autorotate images was a show stopper. Plus XBMC is much more configurable, and there is this big comunnity behind supporting it, while WMC is only microsoft, and as i see it, looks like they don't even care much about it(they probably want me to buy one of their xboxes).

So what i'm saying it's that, if they were charging money now for WMC, i may have picked it up for .. just a couple of bucks, nothing more. And that only if XMBC didn't exist, with XBMC there's simply no way i would have payed for WMC, as i find it is just an inferior product.[FONT=&quot]
rCXOYXaen79+f+DdExYy3FTY9BAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

zc7AZWhuzoR8cFkb385xEwpjN+uwQTBjCgrVzkIw92NZKkfUqDEGCYUOGDAmwOGzg8afHXxCoQgSBBScMw7PgCqX5s6dNOUE8Qki5FHIVIEAADs=

[/FONT]

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 7 x86,7 x64, 8 x64, xp
    CPU
    Motherboard
    asus p8p67 pro
    Memory
    16 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ati hd4850
no one can use iTunes to do what WMC does. iTunes has no remote control support. it cannot run applets. it has no tuner support. it has no recording support. it has no Netflix support.

You'd use an Apple TV for Netflix, and you'd use its remote to control iTunes for music, video, etc, or you'd use the Remote App on an iOS device to control iTunes. The 1' interface is great for music on my Touch, and it's better than any 10' interface using a standard remote. I talked more about what's possible here in my earlier message in this thread.

Except for the Media Center DVR and especially its CableCard capabilities

And that's more of the "except" excuses. For what WMC does, there's few alternatives. People use WMC because of the DVR capabilities. There's few substitutes. Apple TV is fine for what it does. But it still can't do what WMC can do and it becomes a nonfactor for those that want those features. We're not talking about what program or device has the most features. We're talking what program or device fits the need of the user. The OP was saying that WMC was no longer needed but he failed to find an alternative that had the same capabilities. You can't stream all the content that's on TV. Many shows are impossible to get. And they can only be seen through a TV.

I don't play my media through WMC besides my recordings and live TV. That's not what it's great at (though with codec packs and other workarounds, you can get all your media to play through WMC and have the features you want because WMC is extensible and tweakable). I have different devices for different needs. I have my WD TV Live. I have my Xbox 360. I have my Wii. I have my PCs/notebooks/tablets.

There is no great all-in-one program or device. For playing my archived movies on the TV, I use my WD TV Live. For playing my recorded shows or watching live TV, I use my 360 systems as extenders to my main PC which has the 4 tuners. For Netflix and the other streamers (like Crackle, Vudu, Hulu), I use the Xbox, the PC, and the tablets.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro

Except for the Media Center DVR and especially its CableCard capabilities

And that's more of the "except" excuses. For what WMC does, there's few alternatives. People use WMC because of the DVR capabilities. There's few substitutes.

Dude, in my previous message and in the part you clipped in the one you're replying to, I said there was NO alternative to Media Center for CableCard and that it is the best thing going for DVR. I'm not making "excuses" for anything, and it's just argumentative of you to put it in those terms. I simply laid out what is necessary and/or possible with various devices, and I also gave some opinion on what works well. Since apparently you didn't go back and read the first message, and you are wont to severely clip the ones you reply to, where I restated much of it, here is what I said in the first one:

Media Center is the only software on any computer that can take advantage of CableCard and replace the cable company DVR, which for me means cutting an $18/mo fee to $2/mo, saving $192/year while I enjoy 3 tuners vs. 2, 10x the storage, and a quiet system. That's the only thing I find it good for, and it is essential for this. XBMC is better for all other library-based video, with VLC best for files launched from Windows Explorer. iTunes and foobar2000 are the corresponding programs for music. Some people also take advantage of WMC's extender capability for whole-home DVR.

If I were forced to use Windows 8, I would have to spring for Media Center to continue what I've been doing.

Apple TV is fine for what it does. But it still can't do what WMC can do and it becomes a nonfactor for those that want those features. We're not talking about what program or device has the most features. We're talking what program or device fits the need of the user.

That's exactly what I've been talking about. Read the end of my last message, which you clipped in your reply.

The OP was saying that WMC was no longer needed but he failed to find an alternative that had the same capabilities. You can't stream all the content that's on TV. Many shows are impossible to get. And they can only be seen through a TV.

Which is why I laid out the one thing Media Center is essential for, namely DVR and especially CableCard. Which is why I mentioned extenders. Which is why I mentioned other devices and other software for other functionality.

I don't play my media through WMC besides my recordings and live TV. That's not what it's great at (though with codec packs and other workarounds, you can get all your media to play through WMC and have the features you want because WMC is extensible and tweakable). I have different devices for different needs. I have my WD TV Live. I have my Xbox 360. I have my Wii. I have my PCs/notebooks/tablets.

There is no great all-in-one program or device. For playing my archived movies on the TV, I use my WD TV Live. For playing my recorded shows or watching live TV, I use my 360 systems as extenders to my main PC which has the 4 tuners. For Netflix and the other streamers (like Crackle, Vudu, Hulu), I use the Xbox, the PC, and the tablets.

Now you're just restating a lot of what I said or giving an example of how it can be put it into practice.

For anyone contemplating using an Xbox as an extender, if you have one lying around, great. But you will have to tolerate the noise (even the Slim is far too loud and obnoxious in an open environment with multiple components to its noise signature), and if you use a normal remote, you'll have to put up with the worst IR directionality I've ever encountered. (The original MCE receiver OTOH has the best IR directionality I've ever seen.) If you're thinking about buying a new Xbox to use as an extender, wait a while and see if Ceton gets the Echo up to snuff. It ain't there yet, and it's hardly less expensive than an Xbox, and of course it can't play games. On the plus side, it is small and completely silent, and Ceton says they are getting Android to run on it, so it may gain some neat new capabilities.

To get Media Center and an extender to play MKVs and whatnot, you'll have to install codec packs, which is something I've never done, because many people have said they cause problems and can destabilize Media Center, which I rely on for Recorded TV. That's a big reason I said I prefer XBMC for library-based video and VLC for stuff I double-click in Explorer - no codec packs, plus, they simply work great. For extender-like capability, I would hold out a while longer and see if the Echo will support these things in an acceptable way (i.e. no codec packs), but if not, I would look at some of the other things I mentioned or alluded to, such as a Roku running Plex, a WDTV Live, and as a big XBMC fan, I'd even look into jailbreaking an Apple TV to run XBMC.

My Computer

System One

• OS
DVR. Dumped cable 4 years ago. XBox as an extender for movies, recorded shows, music, photos...etc. No more $100+/month bill.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    AcerAspire ME600
    CPU
    Core i5 Quad-Core CPU Speed 3330 (3GHz)
    Motherboard
    North Bridge Chipset Intel B75 Express
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 2500
    Sound Card
    High Definition Audio with 5.1-channel audio support
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hewlett-Packard SmartBuy LV1911 18.5" LED Backlit LCD Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x768
    Hard Drives
    1 TB (Terabyte) SATA hard drive.
    PSU
    300W
    Other Info
    This is my living room PC with Media Center. Not a gamer.
crawfish, who said I was disagreeing with you? restating your argument doesn't mean I'm disagreeing with you. in fact, I meant to be reinforcing what you were saying.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
crawfish, who said I was disagreeing with you? restating your argument doesn't mean I'm disagreeing with you. in fact, I meant to be reinforcing what you were saying.

We do seem to be saying a lot of the same things; I guess it was the "excuses" bit that threw me off. Anyway, :cheers:

My Computer

System One

• OS
yeah, I could've been a bit more clear and stated something like "I agree. let me add..."

I think the misinterpretation was me quoting you which would cause a person to infer that the "excuses" applied to you. the reason I quoted you was it was your comment that got me thinking about the argument and wanting to expand on it. and actually, "excuses" wasn't even the word I wanted but for lack of a better term at the time, that's what came out. sorry about that! :D

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
Back