What Microsoft should have done

We ear a lot of complain about Windows 8, especially the integration of the Start Page, but here what I tough will have bring more money to Microsoft:

Instead of bring a tablet OS to the Desktop, they should have bring the tablet to the desktop:

1- If you look at the Xbox SmartGlass, it allow you from a tablet or pc to control the Xbox
2- With an Android tablet you can text using your Android phone as connecting device

So why don't Microsoft is not using a tablet to :
1- run Metro Apps
2- control some apps running on the PC ( kind of Remote Desktop)

Simple; use the Tablet as a Desktop extension and do not force desktop users to use a tablet OS , I can even see someone docking the tablet on the PC to use it as touch monitor for some desktop apps ( like paint or hand writing)

1- Metro Apps on the PC ; Optional and charge for it ( xtra money here, especially since they charge only $ 40 for an upgrade)
2- Better Integration between the Tablet and the PC
3- Way more storage

If they have done this route a lot of peoples ( including me ) will purchase tablets just because it give more option to our PC and other peoples will still be able to use this tablet with Metro apps on it, no need for desktop on a tablet.

Simple, get the Start Page out of my PC, allow me to use a tablet for it, more options less hassle

I hope it's clear in my poor English

Let's get back to the point - which probably needs restating after that little detour:

Simple, get the Start Page out of my PC, allow me to use a tablet for it, more options less hassle

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
speaking of option, have you see the Windows 8 phones. they have 3 choices of tiles size compare to only 2 on our desktop,

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 enterprise x64
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Pc-Quebec / Area 66
    CPU
    i7-3960X Extreme Edition
    Motherboard
    Rampage IV Extreme
    Memory
    Gskill 4x4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    4 x HD 7970
    Sound Card
    onboard
    Screen Resolution
    2560*1600
    Hard Drives
    C:\Intel series 520 SSD , 250 GB
    D:\ WD 750 black with Intel 40gb SSD cache Intel RST
    E:\ WD 2TB Black
    PSU
    Corsair AX 1200
    Case
    TT Mozart TX
    Cooling
    Water Cooled
    Keyboard
    Logitech G-15
    Other Info
    Windows 8 VM is install on his own SSD.
I'm at a loss for words. I'm not even remotely talking about "cheating the system".

Huh? I asked whether Microsoft's activation servers will allow one to simultaneously activate both the qualifying OS and the upgrade OS. .

Activate boot Windows 7 and the Update at same time is cheating the license. We have numerous treads where numerous times Bring paste or link the EULA .....

and again your are Hi-Jacking the tread with something not related at all.

And again you're not understanding what you're reading and quoting out of context.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
They need the tablet operating system so no one really can fault them for it. What they should have done was allow the desktop to work on it's own. They should allow users to use only the desktop if they wish or only tablet if they wish. They removed a lot of easy access points on the desktop. They replaced it with actions that don't feel right on a mouse. The interface on the desktop wasn't so well done. Too flat, not enough zune desktop software (the earlier middle ground version). Whatever they fixed that we can't see is fine. But what we can see I feel is badly done. I don't mind that they removed the start menu but they could have definitely put a directory or menu that isn't hidden from view somewhere.

My Computer

They need the tablet operating system so no one really can fault them for it. What they should have done was allow the desktop to work on it's own. They should allow users to use only the desktop if they wish or only tablet if they wish. They removed a lot of easy access points on the desktop. They replaced it with actions that don't feel right on a mouse. The interface on the desktop wasn't so well done. Too flat, not enough zune desktop software (the earlier middle ground version). Whatever they fixed that we can't see is fine. But what we can see I feel is badly done. I don't mind that they removed the start menu but they could have definitely put a directory or menu that isn't hidden from view somewhere.

Exact, why few peoples refuse to see it this way ?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 enterprise x64
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Pc-Quebec / Area 66
    CPU
    i7-3960X Extreme Edition
    Motherboard
    Rampage IV Extreme
    Memory
    Gskill 4x4 GB