Surface Pro Pricing

Today, I want to share a bit more detail about the growing Surface family of products and Surface with Windows 8 Pro, specifically around pricing. In January, Surface with Windows 8 Pro will be available in two versions and pricing will start at $899:

· 64GB standalone version at $899
· 128GB stand0alone version at $999

Source:
Next Up for the Surface Family: Surface with Windows 8 Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
My fridge and car are, pretty-much, because I built them.

As is my desktop PC (started life as an Acer SA10, but the case and
badge are about all that's actually original SA10)

The enjoyment you get out of computing is obviously different to mine.

And that's OK, we probably have different usage patterns and needs too.

Oh, I did have an Apple once. An iMac, with OS9(?) on it.

Great for iTunes and DTP, but that was about it.

But you couldn't kill it with a stick of Dyna-gel. It's still going strong, a
friend's daughter uses it for her school assignments etc.

Just wasn't what I needed personally. I actually like to get
'under the hood' with my computers.

(That's my Commodore C64 and my Amiga A500 on the shelf above).

Attachments

• My iMac.JPG
    My iMac.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 161

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit (7 Ult, Vista & XP in V-Box)
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire Ethos AS8951G 'Super-Laptop'.
    CPU
    Intel Sandy-Bridge i7-2670QM quad-core
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    8GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel 3000HD / Ge-Force GT555M 2 gigs
    Sound Card
    Realtek/5.1 Dolby built-in including speakers.
    Monitor(s) Displays
    18.4" full-HD
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1024
    Hard Drives
    2x750GB Toshiba internal, 1x500GB Seagate external, 1x2TB Seagate external, 1x640GB Toshiba pocket-drive, 1x640GB Samsung pocket drive.
    PSU
    Stock
    Case
    Laptop
    Cooling
    Air-cooled
    Mouse
    I/R cordless.
    Internet Speed
    Borderline pathetic.
Those prices are not out of line. $899 for a 64GB and $999 for a 128GB? You can't buy an iPad with 128GB and the 64GB with wifi is $699. But, for that extra $200 you're getting a lot more. You're getting a Core i5 processor rather than an ARM processor. You're getting a Wacom digitizer with stylus, you're getting Office included. You're getting a keyboard. You're getting real full-sized USB 3.0, you're getting the ability to run any Windows app you want.

It's a no brainer to me.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Auria 27" IPS + 2x Samsung 23"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Corsair m4 256GB, 2 WD 2TB drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
I think both Apple and Microsoft just have to have noticed that many people all over the world and maybe in far off outer space. That Android OS devices are being bought and are being used. It'd not the same old two OS world anymore.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7 and Win8
Most people don't buy the high end ipads as they don't want to spend this kind of money.

I am interested in being able to run Windows apps, but I'm not really interested in paying 900 dollars for a machine far less capable than a laptop, with a small screen.

Are you sure about office being included? I was reading that the pro will not include office, only the rt version.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz OC'd to 3.40Ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev. 1.1, F12 BIOS
    Memory
    8GB G.Skill PI DDR2-800, 4-4-4-12 timings
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 1280MB Nvidia GeForce GTX570
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC899A 8 channel onboard audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Intel X25-M 80GB Gen 2 SSD
    Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black, 32MB cache. WD1001FALS
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
    Windows and Linux enthusiast. Logitech G35 Headset.
Those prices are not out of line. $899 for a 64GB and $999 for a 128GB? You can't buy an iPad with 128GB and the 64GB with wifi is $699. But, for that extra $200 you're getting a lot more. You're getting a Core i5 processor rather than an ARM processor. You're getting a Wacom digitizer with stylus, you're getting Office included. You're getting a keyboard. You're getting real full-sized USB 3.0, you're getting the ability to run any Windows app you want.

It's a no brainer to me.
you got to buy the keyboard for surface separate as it states in article so price goes up more

Both versions will both include a Surface pen with Palm Block technology and include the ability to use a Touch Cover or Type Cover (sold separately).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 update 1 Pro X64 with WMC
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    intel i7 2600k
    Motherboard
    Asrock H61M-VG3
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia geforce GTX 560 Ti
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Internet Speed
    100MB
I don't see anywhere that Office is included.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer T690
    CPU
    Intel Pentium D Dual Core
    Motherboard
    Acer/Intel E946GZ
    Memory
    2GB (max upgrade)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3000 - PCI Express x16
    Sound Card
    Integrated RealTek ALC888 high-definition audio with 7.1 channel audio support
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer AL1917W A LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900
    Hard Drives
    350 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
    Thumb drives
    PSU
    Standard 250 watt
    Case
    Desktop 7.2" (183mm) W x 17.5" (445mm) L x 14.5"
    Cooling
    Dual case fans + CPU fan
    Keyboard
    Acer Windows PS/2
    Mouse
    Wireless Microsoft Arc
    Internet Speed
    54mbp/s
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Defender
    Other Info
    Office Pro 2013 / Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone 8.1DP GDR1
While the stylus and digitizer in the surface are very expensive, it does seem a bit steep with those storage capacities. I'd rather have seen a 256GB unit at the high end - I could live without the large amounts of RAM or CPU horsepower, as the device will be a work device to replace the laptop and a tablet (I'll still do most of my dev work and PC gaming on a desktop, but again, that's not really work either). I get the pricing is for replacing both a tablet and a laptop, and it may do so for a good number of people, but I think where it falls down is the storage sizing - people aren't going to take into account that the screen/digitizer is expensive, they're going to see "pen input" and "small storage" in a tablet form factor and think this is too expensive.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz
    Motherboard
    Asus Maximus Hero VII
    Memory
    32GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce GTX970
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Hard Drives
    1x Samsung 250GB SSD
    4x WD RE 2TB (RAIDZ)
    PSU
    Corsair AX760i
    Case
    Fractal Design Define R4
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D15
Just wasn't what I needed personally. I actually like to get
'under the hood' with my computers.

(That's my Commodore C64 and my Amiga A500 on the shelf above).

The Amiga had some awesome games. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Linux Mint 18.3 MATE (64 bit)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    n/a
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T, 2.8 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASRock 880GMH-LE/USB3
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 1333 G-Skill Ares F3-1333C9D-8GAO (4GB x 2)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD6450
    Sound Card
    Realtek?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung S23B350
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (SATA), Western Digital 2 TB (SATA), Western Digital 3 TB (SATA)
    Case
    Tower
    Mouse
    Wired Optical
    Other Info
    Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit) - 2014-05-17
    Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-11-13
    Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-01-14
    RAM & Graphics Card Upgraded - 2013-01-13
    Monitor Upgraded - 2012-04-20
    System Upgraded - 2011-05-21, 2010-07-14
    HDD Upgraded - 2010-08-11, 2011-08-24,

It's a no brainer to me.

Yeah! :ditto: Kind of silly that the thinking is that the Surface Pro is too expensive and an ipad would be better. Excuse me, but no, and ipad or android won't be better.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
This doesn't surprise me too much. I figured it would be around 800 to start off with, the base 64 gig model without touch or type cover. Then I figured 900 with a keyboard cover, 1,000 dollars for the 128 gig model with a keyboard cover. Not too far off.

Seriously right now people, this is a TABLET PERSONAL COMPUTER RUNNING WINDOWS 8 PRO!!! NOT AN IPAD OR AN ANDROID!!! Does your ipad or android tablet run Office 2013 Pro or iTunes to manage your ipad or iphone, or allow you to convert video files, or be able to run bittorrent clients (ipad), or data recovery software, virtualization software, Photoshop CS6, AutoCAD 2013, or even allow for some light Steam gaming? I'm going to answer this because this is such a stupidly easy question to answer:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even then, there is the fact that there are other OEM models about there to choose from. Some that I think of off the top of my head that have Intel chips on other tablet PCs are running Atom processors for 800 dollars and 128 gigs of storage and don't include an 1080p resolution or Wacom stylus or a touchscreen that allows for proper ink input. Considering ultrabooks start at 900 dollars, without touch, this is a proper price. I'd like to have the keyboard included, but shoot. It's a high quality device with a high price, this isn't hugely foreign as apple already charges supreme prices when android has much lower prices. Difference here is that more capabilities are something standard place, it's like a PC, it's like a tablet. It's a tablet PC. It runs the same software your desktop or laptop does.

Still then, saying that it would just be best to go with a laptop, the argument is the same with an ultrabook over a normal laptop. What do you usually get with an ultrabook? Higher prices, lower weight, fast processor, SSD storage, and pretty great battery life.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
My 15.6" laptop already runs W8 well, and is superior to the Surface in almost every way.

And isn't a WHOLE lot bigger.

It's my current 'portable' as this laptop most certainly isn't.

No, a small Android is all I want in a tablet (don't NEED on at all).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit (7 Ult, Vista & XP in V-Box)
    Acer Aspire Ethos AS8951G 'Super-Laptop'.
    CPU
    Intel Sandy-Bridge i7-2670QM quad-core
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    8GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel 3000HD / Ge-Force GT555M 2 gigs
    Sound Card
    Realtek/5.1 Dolby built-in including speakers.
    Monitor(s) Displays
    18.4" full-HD
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1024
    Hard Drives
    2x750GB Toshiba internal, 1x500GB Seagate external, 1x2TB Seagate external, 1x640GB Toshiba pocket-drive, 1x640GB Samsung pocket drive.
    PSU
    Stock
    Case
    Laptop
    Cooling
    Air-cooled
    Mouse
    I/R cordless.
    Internet Speed
    Borderline pathetic.
Seriously right now people, this is a TABLET PERSONAL COMPUTER RUNNING WINDOWS 8 PRO!!! NOT AN IPAD OR AN ANDROID!!!
Seriously Coke Robot, do people really want a fully functional computer in a tablet form factor? I don't. Tablets to me are far less functional than a laptop and therefore should also be far less expensive than a laptop. I'm not sure I would be willing to pay $1,000 for something with a 10" screen and so many other tablet style limitations.

Does your ipad or android tablet run Office 2013 Pro or iTunes to manage your ipad or iphone, or allow you to convert video files, or be able to run bittorrent clients (ipad), or data recovery software, virtualization software, Photoshop CS6, AutoCAD 2013, or even allow for some light Steam gaming? I'm going to answer this because this is such a stupidly easy question to answer:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And does anybody care about converting video files or bit torrenting from their tablet, or running virtual machines. Ummm....no. And good luck virtualizing machines with small amounts of hard drive space and RAM. I don't forsee too many people attempting to use Photoshop or AutoCad on a damn tablet.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
Seriously right now people, this is a TABLET PERSONAL COMPUTER RUNNING WINDOWS 8 PRO!!! NOT AN IPAD OR AN ANDROID!!!
Seriously Coke Robot, do people really want a fully functional computer in a tablet form factor? I don't. Tablets to me are far less functional than a laptop and therefore should also be far less expensive than a laptop. I'm not sure I would be willing to pay $1,000 for something with a 10" screen and so many other tablet style limitations.

Does your ipad or android tablet run Office 2013 Pro or iTunes to manage your ipad or iphone, or allow you to convert video files, or be able to run bittorrent clients (ipad), or data recovery software, virtualization software, Photoshop CS6, AutoCAD 2013, or even allow for some light Steam gaming? I'm going to answer this because this is such a stupidly easy question to answer:

And does anybody care about converting video files or bit torrenting from their tablet, or running virtual machines. Ummm....no. And good luck virtualizing machines with small amounts of hard drive space and RAM. I don't forsee too many people attempting to use Photoshop or AutoCad on a damn tablet.
Define multifunction that people are in demand for. Last I checked, Ethernet isn't one. An optical drive can be done without. Look at ipad sales, people are putting cash (in some cases bodily organs) over fist to buy a 500 dollar ipod touch. Then, some go out an pay an extra 150 usually for an added keyboard to do things like....I don't know using the notepad?

To me, phablets are one thing. They're what have defined tablets as being impotent. Tablet PCs are another thing. In all honesty, a tablet PC is just a laptop with usually a five inch smaller screen without a keyboard attached all the time. THAT right there is what makes a tablet so much more portable. It's awkward to carry around a laptop, let alone the possible damage that can be done to a moving hard drive.

So you're telling me that the ONLY thing that tablets are good for are doing literally NOTHING more than what a smartphone does? I'm sorry, but I'm not going to shell out 400+ dollars for that just for the off chance I want to read an news story in the park. I'll make use of my Windows Phone. If I'm going to shell out 800+ dollars, I BETTER be able to convert video and music files to put on an ipad or iphone or my Windows Phone; as well as being able to use AutoCAD or Photoshop. See, I don't personally have a laptop. I've used and lived by a desktop for most my life. I've been in the market for a laptop for a year or two now as I'll be using it for college classes when I go back. I don't really want a 500 gig hard drive as mechanical drives aren't the best solution for ultra portability, and I just don't really require 500 gigs when I will have terabytes in my desktop. If I'm going to shell out 800+ dollars for an ultrabook, it better be portable and light and easy and convenient to use. It better have software that allows ME to do what I want to do, whether it be something on the Desktop or a metro app. But alas, there isn't an ultrabook or laptop that has fit the bill. Now comes along the Surface Pro, that has the hardware specs I want such as the stylus and the i5 processor as well as flash storage, has a keyboard cover that I can take off and use as a cover and isn't in the way and doesn't add bulk to the whole package. For a total of 1,000 dollar, yes it's expensive as balls. I can buy a Lenovo Yoga for with that, but again I don't want the keyboard there. I want to be able to whip it out like a notepad and write something down. I can then use it create an AutoCAD drawing and carry it over to my desktop. I can use it recover data off damaged hard drives if I want to go to that extent.

It's the flexibility that it offers that is so attractive. I've meet someone once that actually paid 1,000 dollars on a 64 gig ipad, a third party keyboard, a case and cover, and a couple other accessories to make it work like a tablet PC that it is not. For that same money, he could had bought a laptop, but again he probably doesn't want that added bulk and want it as a companion device or such. I believe he ended up buying that Lenovo Yoga we were looking at. So tell me, the Yoga is a laptop/ultrabook, does that offer added functionality that I sacrifice with a tablet PC?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
If they are actually the amount of space they claim to provide then maybe. It's probably going to dedicate some of the GBs to the operating system. But I'd rather work on a desktop as nice as this having wacom infused. At that price I might as well get a real desktop to replace one of my older computers.

My Computer

Hi there
My main reason for wanting a tablet was to avoid the necessity of needing a laptop as I travel a lot --and as I'm quite large (height wise etc) space especially when travelling "Cattle class" on planes is a premium --couldn't possibly use a 17 inch laptop

However the price is just not worth it to me --especially as Office isn't thrown in --- on the surface pro.

with Office it *might* just be worth it however I can do a certain amount of Office stuff on my smartphone using Kingsoft Office which does a passable job of readiing and editing WORD, EXCEL and Powerpoint files.

Works on Android tablets too --FREE application.

Download Kingsoft free office software for Android

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1 Pro, Desktop Mode
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Me
    CPU
    AMD FX-8150
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
    Memory
    8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (9-9-9-28)
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon HD 6570
    Sound Card
    Creative X-Fi Titanium
    Monitor(s) Displays
    PX2710MW
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080@60Hz
    Hard Drives
    1x1TB Western Digital WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ATA Device Caviar Black -

4 x 2TB Seagate ST32000542A -
    1 x 4TB Seagate External
    Case
    Antec
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D14
    Keyboard
    Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740
    Internet Speed
    60meg cable
    Browser
    Cyberfox
    Antivirus
    AVG Security Suite
Ultra portable full blown pc is what i need..surfacd pro fits the bill...so ill buy this one regardless of the price for my Revit and Cad on the go......... Besides thats what "most" apple fans do..£500 ipad to surf the internet and visit facebook

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home built
    CPU
    AMD 955 be @ 3.90 Ghz
    Motherboard
    ASUS M4A87TD EVO
    Memory
    Corsair DDR3 4x4 GHZ
    Graphics Card(s)
    1 x Gigabyte GTx460
    Sound Card
    On board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x Dell ST2210 HD Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    1 x 120 Gig Corsair SSD

2 x 500 Gig Samsung Spinpoint F3

2 x 500 Gig Ximeta Ndas
    PSU
    OZC 550
    Cooling
    Artic Freezer Pro 2
    Keyboard
    Dell Wireless
    Mouse
    Dell Wireless
    Internet Speed
    24 mbps download
microsoft is heading down a slippery slope, at the end is going to be a big surprise, that being nobody really cares, they don't have an fan base like apple has, it isnt going to work.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro ($39.99 upgrade)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home Built
    CPU
    Intel I5 3570K overclocked to 4.2ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus P8Z77-V LX
    Memory
    Cosrair DDR3-1600 (4 x 4gb)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce GT 610 2GB
    Sound Card
    None
    Monitor(s) Displays
    AOC 27" LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1920x0180
    Hard Drives
    Seagate HDD 500gb (windows)
    Seagate HDD 1.5tb (media)
    Seagate HDD 1tb (media)
    Seagate HDD 1tb (media)
    PSU
    CoolMax 700watt
    Case
    Cosiar R400 Carbide series
    Cooling
    Cool Master H212
    Keyboard
    Dell
    Mouse
    PowerUp 3 button mouse
    Internet Speed
    12mb down, 1mb up
    Other Info
    qty. (5) 120mm fans, four are monitored by motherboard.
    Logitech T650 Touchpad for touch screen gestures
When that time comes..all of us will be using OS X!...Me, Ill be going back to "Abacus"..no recharging needed. Lol!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home built
    CPU
    AMD 955 be @ 3.90 Ghz
    Motherboard
    ASUS M4A87TD EVO
    Memory
    Corsair DDR3 4x4 GHZ
    Graphics Card(s)
    1 x Gigabyte GTx460
    Sound Card
    On board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x Dell ST2210 HD Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    1 x 120 Gig Corsair SSD

2 x 500 Gig Samsung Spinpoint F3

2 x 500 Gig Ximeta Ndas
    PSU
    OZC 550
    Cooling
    Artic Freezer Pro 2
    Keyboard
    Dell Wireless
    Mouse
    Dell Wireless
    Internet Speed
    24 mbps download
So you're telling me that the ONLY thing that tablets are good for are doing literally NOTHING more than what a smartphone does?
Yes, that is what I am saying. People have very much simplified what they typically use a computer for, and it's social networking, email, youtube videos, etc. Tablets have been getting cheaper, and cheaper and cheaper. Some spring for the iPad for the experience, others waited for the price to come down and have now moved to nexus 7 tablets or kindle fire's, or the new Nook HD. I don't see many of these people spending $900-$1200 for a tablet that is more like a PC.

If I'm going to shell out 800+ dollars, I BETTER be able to convert video and music files to put on an ipad or iphone or my Windows Phone; as well as being able to use AutoCAD or Photoshop.
I can see wanting as much functionality as possible when you outlay that much cash. I just do think average joe's are going to spend the cash. These people would most like buy a $500 laptop and a $200 Kindle Fire and have devices that can be used by 2 people at the same time in their household.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
Back