Microsoft Surface Pro 3 announcement

So, who watched the event today and what do you think?

It will be available for sale tomorrow. The starting price is $799. Microsoft deems this device as the tablet that can replace your laptop.

It’s a 12.1-inch tablet, utilizing a 3:2 aspect ratio at 2160x1440 resolution screen, using 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Generation Intel Core CPU’s (i3, i5 and i7). Web browsing battery life is around 9 hours. It’s around 30% thinner than an 11-inch MacBook Air. The new kickstand is continuously adjustable. The device comes in at 1.7lbs. The stylus has been replaced now with a pen which provides a much improved drawing, writing and note-taking experience. If you have your device with you, and it’s off, a simple click on the end of the pen fires up the device into OneNote where you can jot down the thought that you just had.

The new type cover keyboard has a significantly larger and improved touchpad. The way the device clicks in and the new fold up edge hinge should alleviate a big problem I’ve always had with the Surface Pro and that’s the fact that it’s very hard to sit on your lap and work with. In the past, you really needed a flat table space area to use the device with.

The new pen and the extremely thin glass on the device should help greatly with writing. However, I’m still really bothered by the fact that the pen doesn’t seem to have a holder built into the surface pro itself…meaning it will be quite easy to set down somewhere and lose.

The device will have a microSD card reader and a USB 3.0 port.

A docking station will be available ($199) that includes the following
· 3 USB 3.0 ports
· 2 USB 2.0 ports
· Ethernet jack
· Audio outputs
· Mini Display port supporting 4k
· Charges the tablet.

Here is a link with a 5 minute video: Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 is designed to destroy the laptop | The Verge

So, pricing looks like the following;
Core i3, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage - $799
Core i5, 4GB RAM, 128GB storage - $999
Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB storage - $1,299
Core i7, 8GB RAM, 256GB storage - $1,549
Core i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB storage - $1,949

The pen is $49, the type cover keyboard is $130 and the docking station is $199. So a full loaded model is $2,128.

^^^ Agree, hardly any real contender as a laptop replacement IMO. From the article mentionned in post above:
"the crucial flaw in the Surface design – its lack of a firm hinge"

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8.1, W7
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP \ Toshiba \ Lenovo \ Dell E7440
    Browser
    FF
Hi there

I tend not to use a laptop "On a lap". On a long distance train there's usually a table with a power socket (at least on long distance Continental trains in W.Europe) so putting a laptop "on a Lap" isn't a requirement for me. Sitting Cattle or even Business class on most airlines - using a computer IMO isn't an option - unless the flight is empty there's never enough room -- especially if you are reasonably large like me and unfortunately forced into not having an Aisle seat. On the very few occasions I've been upgraded to ist class - I'm too busy quaffing Champagne etc to have to worry about using a laptop.

The more I look at this "tablet" the more I think it might actually work -- and "Horsey --Horsey" was OK tonight -- a few more of those and I'll have the money to try one of these things !!!!! - Don't though rely on Betfair for a quick injection of cash to fund your purchases though !!!! --OK for "Play money".

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
If I can say so myself, that is a damn fine looking tablet! Wow! They definitely stepped it up a notch!

But if I needed 800 dollars of tablet, the Surface line up is still my first choice; but for now my new minted first gen Surface RT does me fine. :)

Also, you can see how many people here wouldn't be able to run a business successfully with tablets and the such. Microsoft makes very little on the tablets themselves, it's all in the accessories like the $130 keyboard that probably only costs about 30 to make. The Surface tablets are inherently expensive because, at least the first gen, have over 200 CUSTOM designed parts. There are no Intel reference boards used here, nor common tablet parts like the displays for example; all custom designed. This means the production costs are higher and as a result, higher prices. The third gen does change this some but again, things just shifted around. Instead of an i5 and 10.6 inch display, it's and i3 and 12 inch ultra high resolution display.

I like them, but the side Start button right next to the Charms might get tedious.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
I use a tray, hard solid top with a soft cushion on the underside. I don't have to worry about blocking the cooling vents and its very comfortable on the legs. It works very well when I'm stretched out in my Lazy Boy recliner. :cool:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition Deneb 3.7GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS M4N68T-M V2 µATX Motherboard
    Memory
    8GB 4GBx2 Kingston PC10600 DDR3 1333 Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA Geforce GT640 2 Gig DDR3 PCIe
    Sound Card
    VIA VT1708s High Definition Audio 8-channel Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    22" LG E2242 1080p and 2 19" I-INC AG191D
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024 - 1920x1080 - 1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    Crucial MX100 256 GB SSD and 500 GB WD Blue SATA
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Power Up Black ATX Mid-Tower Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless K350 Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech M570 Trackball and T650 TouchPad
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    HP DVD1040e Lightscribe - External USB2
They would have to cut the prices in half for me to even consider getting one now

My Computer

System One

• OS
    4 Windows 7 Pro Sp1- 4 Win 8 Pro, 1- xp pro sp3
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell Optiplex 390, 380, 3 Vostro Laptops (7 computers in all)
    CPU
    desktop/laptop
    Memory
    4gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    atm randioum
    Hard Drives
:ditto: Nice but too rich for my blood! :(

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Pavillion
  • PC2
    Tablet - Windows 10 Home
Hi there

The ist generation(s) of products are usually expensive - prices will come down -- I remember my first CD player - physical Hi-Fi one not a computer CD player (a device that's all but obsolete now) -- cost me around 2500 USD in todays money. Today any self respecting burgular wouldn't even LOOK at one. !!

The sheer thinness of the Ms tablet makes it a very desirable piece of equipment -- with the docking station and external monitor I could easily envisage using one of these at work. Things like the Charms bar or whatever are probably an irrelevance -- I'd probably be using something like WIN 7 on it or hopefully Windows 9 where the desktop aspects would be far more emphasized than touch.

The beauty of this over a laptop is the sheer portability and decent screen --and above all long battery life --but with the i7 model I wonder -- a lot of power in a small space --wonder how much heat it generates.

As for a decent Stand -- would probably take even the "bodgiest" DIY person around 30 mins to cut and bend a solid piece of aluminium which would give you all the rigidity you want if you want to stand the tablet up so the screen is vertical rather than horizontal on the desk. Add a couple of strips of Velcro to the desk and the base of your "Stand" and it would be RIGID too.

(Piece of aluminium, couple of strips of Velcro, jaw vice, hacksaw, decent mallet and a file are probably all the tools you need to construct such a holder !!!).

I'd use a remote wireless "Classical keyboard" and mouse for using this as a PC.

The more I look at this piece of kit from Ms the more I like it - I might even become a "Fanboi" of it too. -- Still need a few more "Horsey Horsey" luck before I can really get one -- but maybe XMAS isn't TOO far away !!.

I'd like to see if Linux runs on it too !!! Linux mint works fine on some Touch screen Laptops --I've had no trouble using the On screen keyboard with Windows VM's.

One note to Ms -- (apart from making it cheaper) --PLEASE oh PLEASE could you introduce SCREEN MIRRORING -- if you've ever used this on a mobile phone you know how useful it is --I've played fully blown Power point demos on to a smart TV without needing any HDMI cables etc at work presentations -- much easier than carting a PC with all the cables around and connecting up to the TV and fiddling with resolutions etc.

Now which Bank can I rob -- I think I WANT one of these. !!! (Our Banks BTW don't have any money left so I'd have to do it elsewhere !!!!!).

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
3:2 ratio seems a bit stupid.

I was never a fan of 16:9 as I always thought a more square format such as 3:2 would have been about right (and don't even get me started on broadcasters transmitting movies in even wider aspect ratios than 16:9). However, 16:9 was pretty much the chosen ratio and therefore became the most widely used aspect ratio in part because of full screen video. So now Microsoft decide to change to 3:2?

They should just stick to 16:9, so people can watch fullscreen video without black bars, especially as some people will be using it as both a tablet and connecting it to a larger monitor on their desk. Most monitors are usually 16:9 or 16:1, whereas 3:2 sits in no-mans land. I also don't get the point of the high resolution on such a small screen.

It's a device meant for work. If you're going to watch widescreen video on your tablet you can get a decent and much lighter Android tablet for a fraction of the price. I think Microsoft made the right call here.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 + StartIsBack + AeroGlass
    Computer type
    Laptop
Hi there.

A lot of people are looking at the Surface PRO as a "Consumer device" -- which IMO is a mistake.

This so far looks like a WELL ENGINEERED piece of kit (possibly the stand could do with a tweak) that would fit decently into any modern business -- especially with the docking station.

Whatever people say about the decline of the desktop etc -- WORK unfortunately is NOT going to go away -- at least I don't think in my lifetime. For Work with any sort of design / production / research projects you need a PC like environment which allows decent multi-tasking and many concurrent windows - not a kiddy type of OS which still is basically designed around using a single full screen small application (although 8.1 does make a few improvments in that area).

Provided the surface pro is rugged enough for hard office use I can see a LOT of these in a corporate / enterprise setting. Remember also these can easily use decent external monitors too. Ms might be starting slowly here but they actually have a SERIOUS WINNER with this one.

A lot of consultants too get PC's or whatever supplied by their organisations - who also get tax and capital allowances if they spend money on this type of kit.

We'd all wish for it to be cheaper -- and maybe once its been out for a while some 3rd party discounters might go for this.

I think also Ms has finally got one over "The Fruit Company" -- for a workplace the Surface Pro looks far better and capable than an iPad. This device also LOOKS great from the pics I've seen -- I think it even looks better than the MacBook pro which was a pretty amazing device (even at its wallet busting price).

I just hope the thin glass doesn't break to easily when put into a typical laptop type bag. !!

I'll bet by XMAS - especially if the economy starts picking up Ms will have sold far more of these than with their previous efforts - and the "Whisper on the Street" is that RT is actually on the way out anyway. Makes sense -- Ms concentrate on what you do best - and by all means adapt hardware to it - but don't waste time on silly 7 inch tablets or other "toys".

The "Whisper on the Street" is that RT isn't actually much longer for this world --this was a big mistake - possible a legacy from the Ballmer days. Don't expect a long term future for RT. Ms will concentrate its mobile efforts in the Windows phone while it will go big time for the enterprise market with products like the Surface Pro before "The Fruit Company" can come out with anything competitive.

Ms is a bit like the old KGB -- takes a long time to react - but when it does !!!!!

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
Hi there

I tend not to use a laptop "On a lap". On a long distance train there's usually a table with a power socket (at least on long distance Continental trains in W.Europe) so putting a laptop "on a Lap" isn't a requirement for me.
At work, I'm at a desk so no trouble at all there.

However, at home when I'm lounging in my living room, I'm either sitting on the couch, or sitting in a recliner and the computer is open on my lap wedged between my legs and my stomach..or sitting on the arm of the couch. And since I'm always typing (like I am here), a real keyboard is an absolute most. No previous tablet with a keyboard has worked with a darn like this for me. My current Generation 1 Surface Pro with Type Cover is absolutely unusable like this.

They would have to cut the prices in half for me to even consider getting one now
Too much hardware to justify a huge price cut. You have to consider what you are getting, just like you do with an Apple computer. People complain all of the time that MacBook's are "way overpriced". But when you try to find a "comparable" PC (3.5lbs or less, 2560x1440+ screen, PCI-Express based SSD, Core i5, 7+ hours of battery life) you will likely find very similar prices.

I'd use a remote wireless "Classical keyboard" and mouse for using this as a PC.
I would do, I much prefer a nice mechanical keyboard. Mine wouldn't even be wireless...if it has a dock, I just used a wired device. Believe it or not, but I don't own a single wireless keyboard or mouse...never have.

Ms might be starting slowly here but they actually have a SERIOUS WINNER with this one.
I really want to get my hands on one to play with the handwriting aspects. That's one area that I could very well use, that I haven't had in any previous PC or laptop purchase.

I think it even looks better than the MacBook pro which was a pretty amazing device (even at its wallet busting price).
Except for the top of the line models, I don't find most MacBook Pros to be that highly priced, considering the hardware you get. That PCI-Express based SSD is flat out fast

The "Whisper on the Street" is that RT isn't actually much longer for this world --this was a big mistake - possible a legacy from the Ballmer days. Don't expect a long term future for RT. Ms will concentrate its mobile efforts in the Windows phone while it will go big time for the enterprise market with products like the Surface Pro before "The Fruit Company" can come out with anything competitive.
The thing with Apple is that they haven't catered their devices at all to the corporate or enterprise markets. But the end-users have simply just started using them there. In many BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) places, people are hauling in their Apple products. The end users have to want it, not matter what it does or how well it does it, the consumers are the ones who decide the fate of the product.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz OC'd to 3.40Ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev. 1.1, F12 BIOS
    Memory
    8GB G.Skill PI DDR2-800, 4-4-4-12 timings
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 1280MB Nvidia GeForce GTX570
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC899A 8 channel onboard audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Intel X25-M 80GB Gen 2 SSD
    Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black, 32MB cache. WD1001FALS
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
    Windows and Linux enthusiast. Logitech G35 Headset.
I am wondering if they will bring the price down for the surface 2 pro now that the 3 is out. If they did i would consider purchasing it. But for the pricing for the pro 3 i can pirchase a mac air for less

My Computer

System One

• OS
    4 Windows 7 Pro Sp1- 4 Win 8 Pro, 1- xp pro sp3
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell Optiplex 390, 380, 3 Vostro Laptops (7 computers in all)
    CPU
    desktop/laptop
    Memory
    4gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    atm randioum
    Hard Drives
I am wondering if they will bring the price down for the surface 2 pro now that the 3 is out. If they did i would consider purchasing it. But for the pricing for the pro 3 i can pirchase a mac air for less

Yes, you can purchase a Macbook air for less. However, A MacBook air is bigger, heavier, doesn't have a touchscreen, has less screen resolution, and doesn't have a pen that you can use to write on the screen and take notes, and it doesn't run Windows applications.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
I just read in another thread that the Pen now requires a AAA battery. <booooooo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
Hi there.

Perhaps Ms should call this device the iWantOne !!

I'm actually quite excited by this device --didn't think I would be but at 12.1 inch screen it becomes (IMO) extremely useable - and the portability !!!!.

I'm not sure when Europe will see these but I'm sure it won't be too long. I think Ms actually WANTS to sell these -- a feeling I didn't get with some of the other models where they felt they were just "following the herd" but had to establish a presence in the Market place.

Hopefully somebody will do some tests on seeing how robust these actually are --It needs to be "bicycle proof" too -- at this time of the year I use a Bicycle quite a lot so hopefully it can withstand being carried in a decent backpack while riding a bike.

Not sure that the AAA battery the pen requires is anything of a problem -- these batteries are light and easily available anywhere --prefer these to those round tiny "hearing aid" type batteries that you usually need a special tool to extract and replace - even if you can find these batteries easily. If I run out I can simply remove the AAA battery from my E-reader cover's built in light (Sony e-reader !!!).

Cheers
jimbo.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
I'm somewhat excited by the device as well. The handwriting aspect of it intrigues me. I didn't find that it worked well for me at all on the Generation 1 Surface Pro that I have. And the tiny touchpad on the touchcover made this device more or a pain to use than a pleasure. And I've always been irritated by the lack of a proper holder for the stylus/pen. It magnetically attaches to Surface 1 and Surface 2, but it attaches to the charging port...meaning when you need to charge, you have to unhook the pen/stylus and set it down. < means Pen gets lost.

There is a little loop on the new Touch Cover keyboard for the pen. Gotta see how well that will work. The thought of a $50 pen dangling off the side of the keyboard is not awesome if you ask me.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
It's actually a AAAA battery.

The price comparisons are all over the place. There is absolutely no machine that beats the features vs price. Get over it or get a cheapo combination of machines. It's that simple. This is meant as a single, all around, high-end reference design.

I'll sum it up right here with a comment I posted elsewhere on a horrible review. One good thing to know is the 8:55 hrs. of use they got out of it.

Wow! 9 hrs. of battery is fantastic! No one cares about a comparison to an Air whatever except those that need a full laptop keyboard and separate device. Guess what, the MacBook Air is a horrible tablet. Guess what else, the ipad Air is a horrible laptop. End of story. I'm all for consolidating with less clutter and weight. The proposition you pose that some think is ideal for journalists and those that type on their laps all day is of no concern to the other half of the population that has no need for this use. No one types on their laps all day. If you do, deal with it, it's not that bad or get a laptop. The kickstand is barely there it's so light. The tablet itself is just grams away from a Surface 2 and I use this one handed all the time without issue. You're forgetting the previous gen ipads were about the same weight. For those that have no idea how to use a Surface, most of the time I have the keyboard folded under as a base under the machine and stand. No digging whatsoever and super balanced on my lap, stomach, or anywhere in between or even holding up in my hand. There is NOTHING I would rather have and use than something as versatile as a Surface. There is no comparison with it's stand. Nothing touches this. Not even your combo workaround kit of appliances weighing 3+lbs. can match this.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    Tablet
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Dell Venue 8 Pro, i5 2500K overclocked PC
    CPU
    i5
    Memory
    4gb Surface Pro, 8gb PC
It's actually a AAAA battery.
Yep, my bad. I goofed when I commented.

No one types on their laps all day. If you do, deal with it, it's not that bad or get a laptop.
At work, I'm at a desk. The Surface works better there. When I go home at night, I often sit in a recliner or on the couch and prop my laptop up between my legs and stomach or rest on couch arm. I can sit there for 2-3 hours doing computer work on a typical night. The Surface Pro Gen 1 that I have with the Type Cover is horrible for my at home use. The hinge area provides way too much slop, and the keyboard is flimsy and not rigid so it flexes and wobbles. Because of this, I don't use the Surface Pro any more at home. I use my MacBook Pro instead, or my wife's Samsung Series 7 Ultra Windows 8 ultrabook, or my work Dell Latitude e6430u Windows 8.1 ultrabook

No digging whatsoever and super balanced on my lap, stomach, or anywhere in between or even holding up in my hand. There is NOTHING I would rather have and use than something as versatile as a Surface.
I'm glad to hear it's working out well for you. As a Surface Pro Gen 1 owner with a type cover, I haven't felt the same about using the device unless I have a table to set it on. And the touchpad on the type cover for the Gen 1 was abysmal. I know they focused on improving this greatly for the new Type Cover for the Surface Pro 3. I don't hate or bash on the Surface for these reasons, it's just not the right device for me. I'm much happier with a laptop.

There is no comparison with it's stand. Nothing touches this. Not even your combo workaround kit of appliances weighing 3+lbs. can match this.[/QUOTE]

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
I cannot imagine any sane person paying that much money for a tablet... essentially little more than a toy.

For that kind of money a full on laptop is the only logical way to go.

Imho, of course...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1 Pro, Desktop Mode
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Me
    CPU
    AMD FX-8150
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
    Memory
    8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (9-9-9-28)
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon HD 6570
    Sound Card
    Creative X-Fi Titanium
    Monitor(s) Displays
    PX2710MW
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080@60Hz
    Hard Drives
    1x1TB Western Digital WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ATA Device Caviar Black -

4 x 2TB Seagate ST32000542A -
    1 x 4TB Seagate External
    Case
    Antec
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D14
    Keyboard
    Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740
    Internet Speed
    60meg cable
    Browser
    Cyberfox
    Antivirus
    AVG Security Suite
Wow! This thread got so hot I can hardly touch the screen on my Lumia to scroll. :D

A few of you are surprising me with your interest in this thing, but a true and blue fanboi? We'll have to see on that one. :p

Miniaturization has meshed a match on this one. Versatility as well. Job well done MS! Much thought of engineering went into this. :thumb:

This Lumia was my last Christmas present to myself. A SP3 may just be my next.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer T690
    CPU
    Intel Pentium D Dual Core
    Motherboard
    Acer/Intel E946GZ
    Memory
    2GB (max upgrade)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3000 - PCI Express x16
    Sound Card
    Integrated RealTek ALC888 high-definition audio with 7.1 channel audio support
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer AL1917W A LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900
    Hard Drives
    350 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
    Thumb drives
    PSU
    Standard 250 watt
    Case
    Desktop 7.2" (183mm) W x 17.5" (445mm) L x 14.5"
    Cooling