Is it really that bad??

My phone auto corrected on me. I meant to say it wasn't more steps OR any more time consuming...it is simply annoying to me. I really just don't like flipping back and forth between the radically different looking screens. It's almost an irrational complaint...but I just don't like it.

Well, at least you recognize that it's irrational ;)

Can you explain why it bothers you so much? It's not like you lose your place in the app you're working on (unless you start a new app, in which case focus will shift to the new app). It's not like it's not a single click to be back exactly where you were.

I read these messages about people who complain that they "lose sight" of their word processing document.. really? They complain that they can't see their browser for a moment. Really? I mean, come on.. if these are the worst arguments you have... then Windows 8 is actually quite a success, if your worst argument is that there is something annoying about it... you could say that about your wife!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Auria 27" IPS + 2x Samsung 23"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Corsair m4 256GB, 2 WD 2TB drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
Pparks1, Couldn't you just create your own keyboard shortcut for snipping tool by going to the properties of the application, going to the shortcut tab and filling in what ever you wanted it to be? I have done that for several of my most used Programs, I did the same thing in W7.....

Geeve

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Dual Boot: Back to W7 and Ubuntu 12.04
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Dimension E521
    CPU
    AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 dual-core
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 9800 GT 1GB
    Sound Card
    M-Audio Mobile Pre USB External
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer 1916W
    Screen Resolution
    1440X900
    Hard Drives
    250 GB internal main, 500 GB internal backup, 1TB External
    PSU
    300 Watt (Dell stock)
    Case
    Dell Stock
    Keyboard
    Dell
    Mouse
    Dell
    Browser
    Chrome
    Antivirus
    MSE/Defender or whatever it's called now
    Other Info
    Acer aspire One D255, Windows 8.1.1 Pro, 2GB Ram, Intel Atom N450 1.6Ghz
Uggghhh...I knew people would not understand what I was trying to say. I realize "how" to get to the snipping tool under Windows 8. I know that I can pin it to Start, i know that I can pin to the taskbar. I know that I can create an icon for it on my desktop.

It's simply the fact that I have to leave desktop, see wild and crazy start screen, and then snap back to the desktop that I don't like. It just bothers me, plain and simple....not for any technical reason, it's pure emotion and experience Of course, after pinning it to the taskbar, it's no longer an annoyance...but the first time getting to it on a machine is what gets me irritated.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz OC'd to 3.40Ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev. 1.1, F12 BIOS
    Memory
    8GB G.Skill PI DDR2-800, 4-4-4-12 timings
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 1280MB Nvidia GeForce GTX570
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC899A 8 channel onboard audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Intel X25-M 80GB Gen 2 SSD
    Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black, 32MB cache. WD1001FALS
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
    Windows and Linux enthusiast. Logitech G35 Headset.
Uggghhh...I knew people would not understand what I was trying to say. I realize "how" to get to the snipping tool under Windows 8. I know that I can pin it to Start, i know that I can pin to the taskbar. I know that I can create an icon for it on my desktop.

It's simply the fact that I have to leave desktop, see wild and crazy start screen, and then snap back to the desktop that I don't like. It just bothers me, plain and simple....not for any technical reason, it's pure emotion and experience Of course, after pinning it to the taskbar, it's no longer an annoyance...but the first time getting to it on a machine is what gets me irritated.

I gotcha now! right on....

Geeve

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Dual Boot: Back to W7 and Ubuntu 12.04
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell Dimension E521
    CPU
    AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 dual-core
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 9800 GT 1GB
    Sound Card
    M-Audio Mobile Pre USB External
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer 1916W
    Screen Resolution
    1440X900
    Hard Drives
    250 GB internal main, 500 GB internal backup, 1TB External
    PSU
    300 Watt (Dell stock)
    Case
    Dell Stock
    Keyboard
    Dell
    Mouse
    Dell
    Browser
    Chrome
    Antivirus
    MSE/Defender or whatever it's called now
    Other Info
    Acer aspire One D255, Windows 8.1.1 Pro, 2GB Ram, Intel Atom N450 1.6Ghz
Well, at least you recognize that it's irrational ;)
Yes, it's purely an emotional thing.

Can you explain why it bothers you so much? It's not like you lose your place in the app you're working on (unless you start a new app, in which case focus will shift to the new app). It's not like it's not a single click to be back exactly where you were.
It probably bothers me because the metro type interface is not very appealing to me. I prefer really to not see it, EVER. When I am on another machine and I have to bring up the Start Screen, it's just a reminder to me that the interface that I don't like is still there and it bugs me.

When I hit the windows key and I see that screen with the tiles and such...it's like a punch to the nuts. It's just so busy, bright, colorful, and the spinning tiles with pictures and news feeds and such is just such a jolt to my system. And Microsoft seems to have gone a bit out of their way to prevent me from really changing it or making it more appealing (like a complete inability natively change that background picture to something that I would actually want). I don't like the bland 2D effects. I don't like the fact that right now, based on my system setup, that the tile for the desktop, the tile for photos and the tile for People are all showing me the exact same picture.

I read these messages about people who complain that they "lose sight" of their word processing document.. really? They complain that they can't see their browser for a moment. Really? I mean, come on.. if these are the worst arguments you have... then Windows 8 is actually quite a success, if your worst argument is that there is something annoying about it... you could say that about your wife!
I'm one that complains a bit about "losing sight". When I am on a computer with a single monitor, and I have to leave the desktop to find a new application, all of the things that I had open and resized so that I could view 3-4 things at once all disappear. Now sure, if I am just going out to Start to fire up the snipping tool I will be right back. But if I hit start just to peruse some application and then a live tile grabs my attention then I might be sitting there for 5-10 minutes reading the news feed and not responding to an instant message that popped up on Microsoft Lync on my desktop, or seeing an email that I have been waiting on come into Outlook on my desktop....or see that an rsync script that was running in an SSH window has completed. Am I to blame for getting distracted and losing focus? Absolutely. Might I be screwing around on Facebook or reading this forum from work and being distracted? Yes. However, when on facebook or on this forum, I'm simply in a browser window and I have my entire taskbar on display. When an email hits Outlook, I see it come in. When my instant messenger goes off, I see the icon blinking on my taskbar. I get notifications and I can respond to them. When I am out in Metro Land, I'm not getting the notices.

It's not so much that Windows 8 is bad. It has features that I quite like. But it's entwined with the metro UI experience and I don't care for that. It's not radically better for me than Windows 7. I just don't want to spend the $40 to make my Windows 7 box Windows 8. I'd rather just save my money and continue to use Windows 7. I prefer having a start menu (without having to use a third party), I prefer the aero look and feel (even though I run without transparency in 7), and I don't care for "any" of the tiled applications as of yet. So, when I take the Start Screen, remove all of the tiled apps and just leave pinned desktop apps...I just don't see the point of actually having 8.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
It probably bothers me because the metro type interface is not very appealing to me. I prefer really to not see it, EVER. When I am on another machine and I have to bring up the Start Screen, it's just a reminder to me that the interface that I don't like is still there and it bugs me.

Imagine that it's 1990, and you're on a BBS (it was like the internet, with dialup, but not global) and you found someone saying they were using Windows 3.0, and they hated it because the windows were all colorful and annoying. All they wanted was DOS.

Would you not have told them to stop complaining and just use DOS?

They might argue that they like some features of Windows, such as using more than 640k, but the whole Windows thing was annoying, and even if they ran a DOS window full screen, they still "knew" Windows was there in the background, and it bugged them.

Would you not tell that person they should seek psychological help with that problem?

;)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech MX

Imagine that it's 1990, and you're on a BBS (it was like the internet, with dialup, but not global) and you found someone saying they were using Windows 3.0, and they hated it because the windows were all colorful and annoying. All they wanted was DOS.

That's not quite the right comparison.

If I understand the OP's scenario, your comparison should go something like this...

The user is in 1990. They like DOS. They bought a new PC which came with Windows 3.0, but they simply prefer to use DOS and have found a way to do that under Windows 3.0. But, every time they enter the DOS command they want, it temporarily pops them over to this Windows 3.0 world where they have to click on something to get back to their DOS program.

I would tell that user, "Yep, I can understand why you're annoyed and the system is stupid for behaving that way. But the makers of the system have decided that this behavior is better and that you should learn to like it. In fact, they have a one hour video explaining in detail why the new system is better and more likeable."

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 7 / Win 8
    Lenovo T510 / HP ProBook 4540S
    CPU
    Intel i5-510m / Intel i3-3110m
    Memory
    4GB / 8GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6"
You know, if you think about though. Everywhere you go, there is a psychological process to how things are laid out.
All the big chain stores work on your mental senses in how they present everything to you. How the lay out is, what items are where exactly.
I hadn't really thought bars were that way till I started watching that bar makeover show. But convenience stores, restaurants, clubs, and even Windows.

However, I will agree that the start screen and the metro apps are a bit annoying to use, yes, I admit it, it's not the end of it all.
I like the live tiles and stuff, and it's not that annoying to switch to it.'
And like with other Windows Systems, I have customized them all to my needs, so ClassicShell is not a reach for me (or should be for anyone really) to install and customize. There are a lot of people who used Logon Screen changers and stuff, what's the real difference?

If it had been me. I would have kept the desktop (even on tablets) the focus point and made the Tiles and Live Tiles icons display on the desktop, Or....
But let's be honest, people would still complain about them.
Or... Made Metro UI a Zune or Media Center type interface that could be resized etc.

I would have made it so Metro Apps run in their own Window on the desktop.

The problem with this is,,,,

Metro Apps are supposed to be designed so that you can use them on any device.
So there has to be some kind of standard that can cross platform with all those devices.

How simple that would be to make a windowed app run on a phone or vice versa without extra code, or even having to recode per device I don't know.
But from my understanding is that all Metro Apps should be able to now run on any device with minimal effort on the part of the programer.
I am starting to research this and see if I can write a small app, to see what I can do with it. Anyway....

It Windows 8 really that bad?
You could say it is a matter of perspective to a small degree.
Really the only complaints I have seen are all over the new Metro UI. Some complaints about some of the apps and how they work, but for the most part they are the apps that noone really used to begin with in previous Windows Versions, they found their own, like foobar or WinAmp or something for music and VLC or something else for movies.

The security improvements and some of the App you can get in the Metro Store, among other things do make Windows 8 a good upgrade.

If you go off looks alone, I am quite sure some of us here would probably not get any dates, or be married.

No, Windows 8 really is not as bad as many try to make it out to be, like they do with practically every new Windows OS or App (think office).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Self Built
    CPU
    I7-3770K
    Motherboard
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77
    Memory
    CORSAIR 8GB 2X4 D3 1866
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX680 4GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    ASUS 24" LED VG248QE
    Hard Drives
    SAMSUNG E 256GB SSD 840 PRO -
    SAMSUNG E 120GB SSD840 -
    SEAGATE 1TB PIPELINE
    PSU
    CORSAIR GS800
    Case
    CORSAIR 600T
    Cooling
    CORSAIR HYDRO H100I LIQUID COOLER
    Keyboard
    THERMALTA CHALLENGER ULT GAME-KYBRD
    Mouse
    RAZER DEATHADDER GAME MS BLK-ED
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    APC 1000VA -
    LGELECOEM LG 14X SATA BD BURNER -
    CORSAIR SP120 Fans x 3 -
    NZXT 5.25 USB3 BAY CARD READER -
    HAUPPAUGE COLOSSUS

Yes and no. I've still got Windows 7 and I can use that. And Windows 8 isn't that much different in most respects. However I'd rather be open and honest about how I feel about it in hopes that changes could potentially be made to it to make it work better for me.

There are simple reasons why many of us don't care much for Windows 8. A few simple customization options could resolve most of my concerns, but it won't mesh with where Microsoft is trying to take this operating system. The only retort I can make is to simply not buy it, not upgrade to it and not use it to show my overall dissatisfaction. That's what I am doing.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
How is print screen easier on Windows 8? On Win7 simply press Ctrl + PrtScn. Then paste to Word or wherever.

And snipping tool can be sent to desktop as shortcut, or pinned to task bar, and one click to use. I don't use it very often so keep it in jump start menu.

Oh ... and I never have to leave the desktop which to me is infuriating when working with 4 or 5 open windows.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ult Reatil & Win 8 Pro OEM
    Built as DIY
    CPU
    6 core 12 thread & 4 core
    Motherboard
    Inel Extreme & Intel standard
    Memory
    12GB & 8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    3 top end SLI linked & onboard
    Sound Card
    In built in graphics card & onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24 & 23 inch Samsung LED backlit
    Screen Resolution
    High def
    Hard Drives
    Corsair Force 128GB SATA3 SSDs in each machine. Plus several external USB3 and eSATA spinner HDs
Mystere said:
Imagine that it's 1990, and you're on a BBS (it was like the internet, with dialup, but not global) and you found someone saying they were using Windows 3.0, and they hated it because the windows were all colorful and annoying. All they wanted was DOS. Would you not have told them to stop complaining and just use DOS?
That's not the right question neither.
Imagine that it's 2012, you are on the internet and you find someone saying they are using some sort of new DOS look-alike OS with huge blocks and plain flat 16-colors based desing, and they hated it because it was full screen and annoying. All they wanted was Windows.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    w9x
one of the guy's at my work would prefer DOS....he also hates windows 8...but then he's never actually used it for more than a minute or two.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
So i followed Brink tutorial on how to have an automatic log in with a Microsoft account. But sometimes when I log it, it says logging in "Other User" and then fails for having a wrong password. Any reason??

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom Build
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 duo E7200 @2.53GHz 2.27GHz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte EP43DS3
    Memory
    4GB Ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800
    Mouse
    Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
Screenshots

How is print screen easier on Windows 8? On Win7 simply press Ctrl + PrtScn. Then paste to Word or wherever.

And snipping tool can be sent to desktop as shortcut, or pinned to task bar, and one click to use. I don't use it very often so keep it in jump start menu.

Oh ... and I never have to leave the desktop which to me is infuriating when working with 4 or 5 open windows.

I though that "Ctrl + PrtScn" sent the screenshot to the printer.

KeyAction
PrtScnScreenshot entire screen
Alt + PrtScnScreenshot active window
Ctrl + PrtScnScreenshot send to printer
Windows 8 adds:
Win + PrtScn
Screenshot entire screen and automatically send to "Pictures" folder

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Linux Mint 18.3 MATE (64 bit)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    n/a
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T, 2.8 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASRock 880GMH-LE/USB3
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 1333 G-Skill Ares F3-1333C9D-8GAO (4GB x 2)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD6450
    Sound Card
    Realtek?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung S23B350
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (SATA), Western Digital 2 TB (SATA), Western Digital 3 TB (SATA)
    Case
    Tower
    Mouse
    Wired Optical
    Other Info
    Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit) - 2014-05-17
    Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-11-13
    Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-01-14
    RAM & Graphics Card Upgraded - 2013-01-13
    Monitor Upgraded - 2012-04-20
    System Upgraded - 2011-05-21, 2010-07-14
    HDD Upgraded - 2010-08-11, 2011-08-24,

They might argue that they like some features of Windows, such as using more than 640k, but the whole Windows thing was annoying, and even if they ran a DOS window full screen, they still "knew" Windows was there in the background, and it bugged them.

Would you not tell that person they should seek psychological help with that problem?

;)

:roflmao:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
Quick question:
How can I get shortcuts on the desktop.
Like I have outlook pinned to the taskbar but how can I get it like under "My Computer"
With windows 7 all I did was drag it from start menu

Something like this...
View attachment 13182
Right click on the Outlook tile on Start or in All Apps (you will need to right click anywhere on the Start Screen and then hit All apps on the bottom of the command bar) and you will see something that says Open file location. Click that.

View attachment 13183
Then it will open a File Explorer window, which will allow you to drag the shortcut to the Desktop.

off topic a mo... how do I label my tile groups?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8 64 bit
    Sony US-SVE141290X-LBOM
    CPU
    3rd gen Intel® Core™ i3-3110M processor (2.40GHz)
    Motherboard
    unknown.
    Memory
    6gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel® HD Graphics 4000
    Sound Card
    integrated
    Monitor(s) Displays
    integrated
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    1x @500gb
    Internet Speed
    fios 15/5
Click the - (minus) in the lower right corner (or zoom using any of several other techniques), then right click a group and choose Name Group.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
I love my release preview. I am planning to buy Windows 8 pro after Christmas and am looking forward to it. I dont like what i've seen of the flat look but if it works as well as this beta does, it'l be OK.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 'Ultimate' RTM 64 bit (Pro/WMC).
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer AS8951G 'Desktop Replacement'.
    CPU
    i7-2670QM@2.2/3.1Ghz.
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    8GB@1366Mhz.
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce GT555M 2GB DDR3
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD w/Dolby 5.1 surround.
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Built-in. Non-touch.
    Screen Resolution
    18/4" 1920x1080 full-HD.
    Hard Drives
    Toshiba 750GBx2 internal. 1x2TB, 2x640GB, 1x500GB external.
    PSU
    Stock.
    Case
    Laptop.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Keyboard
    Full 101-key
    Mouse
    USB cordless.
    Browser
    IE11, Firefox, Tor.
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, MalwareBytes Pro.
    Other Info
    BD-ROM drive.
Click the - (minus) in the lower right corner (or zoom using any of several other techniques), then right click a group and choose Name Group.
In addtion to this, you can also click and hold the group to move it around.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1x64PWMC Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home Brewed
    CPU
    I7 4970K OC'ed @4.7 GHz
    Motherboard
    MSI-Z97
    Memory
    16 GB G-Skill Trident X @2400MHZ
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
    Sound Card
    X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual HP-W2408
    Screen Resolution
    1920X1200
    Hard Drives
    256 GB M2 sm951, (2) 500GB 850EVO, 5TB, 2 TB Seagate
    PSU
    Antec 850W
    Case
    Antec 1200
    Cooling
    Danger Den H20
    Keyboard
    Logitech
    Mouse
    Logitech Performance Mouse MX
    Internet Speed
    35/12mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
So i followed Brink tutorial on how to have an automatic log in with a Microsoft account. But sometimes when I log it, it says logging in "Other User" and then fails for having a wrong password. Any reason??

Yes, this could be due to it not recognizing the default password that you may have set for the Auto-Login,
Or, it may be logging in so fast that it is skipping the check for it...
But most likely it is failing to use the correct profile, trying to login to either a non-existent profile, or the default profile.

how to fix this I am not sure, and which of those I really not sure, but I am guessing that it is the 3rd.

I would suggest posting in that tutorial for a possible better answer. I may also take a look at it and see, that tutorial.

But before that I would try reversing it, see if you have issues logging in, then try the tutorial again. Maybe something just got tweaked and that might fix it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Self Built
    CPU
    I7-3770K
    Motherboard
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77