eGalax touch screen- Windows 8 thinks it's a mouse

when i use the "elo touch system usb touchscreen windows 8" driver instead of HID Mouse, the touchscreen still work (no error 10), but nothing more than usual.

This driver isn't HID compliant ?

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
Just a question, Who succeed into using the touchscreen (as a mouse or not) calibrated ? Event the Official drivers does not work on win7 for me. The calubration tools can't find any touchscreen device.

Maybe my screen is diferent, but how can I know ?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
The calubration tools can't find any touchscreen device.
Do you have more then one screen connected? If so, you have to enable multi-monitor support and select the correct display (it's some around-clicking ... do it until the calibration finally starts on the correct screen).
Btw. after that much playing with differnet drivers, my screen is not working at all, too, at the moment (in Win7). But this OS is going to be gone in a few weeks.

Who succeed into using the touchscreen (as a mouse or not) calibrated ?
As a "mouse" with the standard driver, (and after multi-monitor click-orgy) calibration always worked and stayed stable afterwards. Even upside-down. But just mouse only...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Asrock
    CPU
    3770K@4.5Ghz(maxsingleturbo)
    Motherboard
    Z77
    Memory
    32GB
    Graphics Card(s)
I recently bought a new controller for my 5 wire resistive touch screen. After connecting it to the computer, it was recognised as a touch panel, not a pen any more.

I did what conandrum
said, but i'm not sure it's the reason why it's worked. Maybe it's not related, maybe it is. I will say it to you when i will install the final version on my kitchen computer.

The controller i got is this one :
5-wire Resistive Touch Panel controller USB HID 1.1 en vente sur eBay.fr (fin le 06-sept.-12 01:15:13 Paris)

datasheet : http://www.msc-ge.com/download/displays/dabla_contr/et-1255fbsp3.pdf

it works even better than the original one I had.

I hope i helped you guys

edit: add the datasheet.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
I don't have an eGalax touchscreen, but I do have the same problem described in this thread. I was able to fix the problem by disabling a device (Microsoft Input Configuration Device) from device manager:

disable this device.jpg

I don't know if this will work for you guys, but it may be worth a shot.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Acer Aspire 1420p
    CPU
    Intel® Celeron® processor SU2300
    Memory
    8 GB DDR3 1066 MHz
    Monitor(s) Displays
    11.6" HD 1366 x 768 (WXGA) pixel resolution, high-brightness (200-nit) LED-backlit TFT LCD with inte
Hello again.

Finally I switched to Windows 8 RTM. It took me a while (get other things running was more important).

Really interesting @ ztec!
Metro is not as useful as expected, so i opened my screen, too :)
My touch pad has just 4 wires - controller would be replacable with some soldering (not the problem). Can I omit the fifth wire (top) using just the corners? What's your opinion? Or is there another new Controller?
E.g. this eBay | 4 wire Resistive LCD touch screen panel USB port controller touch panel driver ?
This has a small chip (thinner pins, smaller pin distances), somehow like in your link (unfortunately none of the pics readable). My old one has a bigger chip (really fat, older style, CY7C63743-SC 0420, A 02 625505). Had your old one a bigger chip, too?

Also a four-wire screen supports HID (real touch), since it worked with this 32-bit beta driver correctly (but 32 bit is useless). So it should be possible. But actually NONE of the 4-wire Controllers on ebay is marked "HID" like your link. The 5-wire ones are.
It's not about wasting the 10 bucks. But I have to wait 4-6 weeks for stuff from China or HK, i would post any successful results, but if the first controller does not work as HID, and the second, and the third ...

And I recognized another thing: my screen is quite low-res. 640x480 native, unreadable 1280x768 max. interpolation (yeah it's 15:9 with anamorph pixels...). That works with Metro. MS's Spec was 1366x768 at minimum I think. But it's not really nice, hard to read. At low res you have just 2 rows - better to read but really unhandy.

Edit: This one has a chip with 4-sided pinout, too.
4 wire Resistive touch screen controller for USB | eBay :think:

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8
    Asrock
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Z77
    Memory
    32GB
    Graphics Card(s)
Previously, I had this controller : http://www.aimtouch.com.tw/web-us/touch_controller/ALL%20NEW%20AIM-RC-3000U_en.pdf
It can manage 4 and 5 wire touch panel but is not HID compliant enough.

I can't tell you if you can drop one wire on a 5wire controller to drive a 4wire touch panel. I think not regarding all mathematics i saw on some data sheet to calculate coordinates in 4 or 5 wire mode.
I looked too (ebay and other) to find a 4wire controller witch are explicitly HID1.1 compliant but did not find anything at all. Unfortunately, you will probably need to check them all :-(

Here are pictures of my old controller then new controller. Same as data sheet I posted here and before, but in HiRes, to read numbers and see the serials.

old controller :
Closr.it - old card by ztec
Closr.it - old card other side by ztec

new controller HIDcompliant :
Closr.it - new card by ztec
Closr.it - new card other side by ztec

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
Your "old" controller is even listed to be "HID-USB Model : USB 2.0 Full Speed".
So in theory, way better than a low-speed device that clogs up your hub with its everlasting long transmits.
So you even can't rely on such descriptions. It's hilarious.

I tried the new laptop a colleague bought. At first sight it seems to have a simple touchpad. But this thing can handle up to 3 fingers, gestures and so on. It's amazing although you work NOT directly on the screen, superior in so many aspects to my touchscreens. It's so pity, in the end it's just software. Those pads have always been capacitive, for 15 years or more.

Secretly to myself i want to drop all my "old" stuff and get something "modern". I'm such a consumption victim :cry:
But you can't develop everything further on your own, even if it is possible to some degree.
Gosh, had no problems if I hat no stuff. Consumption victim again, former days :think:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8
    Asrock
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Z77
    Memory
    32GB
    Graphics Card(s)
Does touch not work for any of your sans drivers? works out of the box for me except awful calibration

Hello,
I saw you have quite the same hardware I just installed, same components, except the manufacturer seems different :

ViewImage.jpeg

I get mine on a 10.2" netbook - Samsung nc10.
I bought this panel specifically for windows 8 use, feel a little anger to only have a "mice screen".

This panel really need specific driver, i.e. it is non-standard :
It acts as badly on Linux systems as it is on Windows 8 with default drivers, axis are inverted plus it don't have the same feeling if you go left or right.

I inverted the input cable from the screen, for better results, but it is not quite good.

Thing is, as it seems like a white label , maybe we can find a different manufacturer who provide recent win8 drivers.

If I find anything new I will populate this topic.

/* Edit */
Drivers on other places :
Welcome to Visual Touch WorldTouch screen drivers|touchkit driver-TouchKit Manufactures-
... And much much more

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8
    Asrock
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Z77
    Memory
    32GB
    Graphics Card(s)
Interesting.
Btw. I tried the driver that is meant to be used with ztecs new controller.
http://www.gtouch.com.tw/drivers/ET/GMV_V3.23_R100913%20NBU.rar
(from GTOUCH?Drivers )
No code 0x0A so far, but it wants a restart. Will tell in 4-5 days :rolleyes:
Then continue with your links, thanks!

Thanks, I got the panel running properly :
(Make a restore point before doing anything)
I installed the usb drivers from the link, via the etusbf.inf (right clic -> install) as the classic installer don't recognize the hardware.
Playing with hdwwiz.cpl, removed all the hid and mice drivers related to touch panel, and made a "scan for hardware change" so the system really install it.
Then I made the tabcal calibration as explained page 6, and a reboot.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Congratulations, Gon! Great that it runs for you.

Interesting, since it does not work for me. It's a thousand pities.
Had a forced reboot (crash), now it tells me a 0x19 (0x13?) (I try to translate, maybe correct wording is different on english systems):
This hardware device cannot be started, because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (Code 19)

I now think my controller is just a little piece of *beep*. I really don't know whether I'm going to waste money and lifetime and buy and solder new ones on trail&error basis. But at least trying aroung other drivers doesn't cost anything.

Edit: Just 4 interest - which config tool do you mean (tabcal), since there is no post regarding the calibration on page 6.

Edit2: Gon, what's the Hardware ID of your Panel? (Look in Device Manager|YourController|Properties|Details|HardwareID).
Is it for instance, USB\VID_0EEF&PID_0001 or USB\VID_0664&PID_0300 or different. Would be nice to know.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8
    Asrock
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Z77
    Memory
    32GB
    Graphics Card(s)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8
Hi all,

I got my touch panel working correctly on Windows 8 with an old HID compliant driver by EETI I found somewhere. Originally the driver was on EETI's webspace, but they seem to have deleted it. Luckily, it's still downloadable from some other sites:

http://187.53.197.240:8080/Bibliote...bbbbbbbbb/HIDUsbTouchDigitizer_2.0.0.0525.zipFile HIDUsbTouchDigitizer_2.0.0.0525.zip - BergLib.com

Just run setup.exe, calibrate and (hopefully) have fun.

Helow. I used Lilliput PC Monitor 669GL/T, but HIDUsbTouchDigitizer_2.0.0.0525.zip doesn't help me.
When I used this program, windows understands the touchscreen but calibration doesn't work and hidusb periodically freezes.
May be the way to include in windows touchscreen mode forcibly through the register windows or services windows and I will continue to use the native monitor drivers egalaxtouch?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
TheSentry

Thanks for ur post, but this driver is 32 bit (x86) only. There was this "beta" driver that already worked fine with it on page 2 I think.
But Solutions for 64 bit are needed.
Don't want to blame anything, but nobody is really going to use the 32 bit edition of Win8, except maybe on really old "recycled" laptops ... but those would not have a eGalax standalone touchscreen i think.

Just my 2cts ... haven't been here for some time.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8
    Asrock
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Z77
    Memory
    32GB
    Graphics Card(s)
I'm sorry to hear that a solution for 64 bit is yet to be found. For 32 bit, however, the solution on page 2 didn't work for me, so I'm glad I found the one I'm using now.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8
Hello. Help me, please :)
I have Acer Iconia Tab W500. I install windows 8 retail x86 (buy oem-dvd), but touch screen dont work (in win 8 enterprise (rtm) touch screen works). I install touch screen drivers (EETI) for windows 7, but problem not fixed. Touch screen over dont work (in BIOS his work). I confused... Who have same problem? What doing?
Sorry for my bad English :D

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7, Windows 8
    Acer Iconia Tab W500
    CPU
    AMD C-60
    Motherboard
    dont know.
    Memory
    2 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI
Hi all,

I got my touch panel working correctly on Windows 8 with an old HID compliant driver by EETI I found somewhere. Originally the driver was on EETI's webspace, but they seem to have deleted it. Luckily, it's still downloadable from some other sites:

http://187.53.197.240:8080/Biblioteca%20Driver/HP%20TX%201000%20Todos/calibrador/bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb/HIDUsbTouchDigitizer_2.0.0.0525.zipFile HIDUsbTouchDigitizer_2.0.0.0525.zip - BergLib.com

Just run setup.exe, calibrate and (hopefully) have fun.

Thanks TheSentry this fixed my issues also. My monitor is the Lilliput 629GL-70NP/C/T.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8
Back