eGalax touch screen- Windows 8 thinks it's a mouse

Hi all,

I got my touch panel working correctly on Windows 8 with an old HID compliant driver by EETI I found somewhere. Originally the driver was on EETI's webspace, but they seem to have deleted it. Luckily, it's still downloadable from some other sites:

http://187.53.197.240:8080/Bibliote...bbbbbbbbb/HIDUsbTouchDigitizer_2.0.0.0525.zipFile HIDUsbTouchDigitizer_2.0.0.0525.zip - BergLib.com

Just run setup.exe, calibrate and (hopefully) have fun.

Thanks TheSentry this fixed my issues also. My monitor is the Lilliput 629GL-70NP/C/T.

Hello,

please note this solution is not working properly really.
When you install this driver the touch keyboard becomes tiny, gestures to activate charms bar and the apps menus do not work and also fails a lot after system resume.

So there is still not a solution.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8
Hi,

I have a similar issue and my touchscreen is working as a mouse and it is showing in device manager under mice and other pointing devices.
Tried it with Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.

In my case device manager only shows USB Touchscreen controller (Universal). It is a 4-wire 15,4" resistive touch screen.
I asked about the HID issue from the touchscreen manufacturer and i'm hoping to get some answers from them.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro 64bit (laptop), Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (desktop)
I'm having the same issue of the touchscreen working as a mouse. I'm actually using Windows Server 2012, but it should be the same as Windows 8. I've installed the EETI eGalax Touch Windows 8 driver from here:
eGalax_eMPIA Technology Inc. TouchKit Windows 7 Driver

It works just fine at emulating a mouse. It shows in device manager as "USB Touchscreen Controller(Universal)". It is vid_0EEF, pid_0001. I've tried changing modes in the eGalaxTouch utility, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I even tried forcing it to use "USB Touchscreen Controller(Gesture)". Touch panel still works fine that way, but still emulates a mouse with no gesture ability.

Under System, it says: "No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display".

Any ideas? Do I need a different controller?

UPDATE: Did some more research, came across this blog. Looks like the drivers for the eGalax touch interface aren't HID-USB compliant. There was a beta HID-USB compliant beta driver released in 2007, but it was only 32-bit.
ULTRA MOBILE PC TIPS: eGalax Touch Screens are not always USB-HID Compliant.
I guess it comes down to begging to see if EETI will update that old driver to work with Win8 x64, or buying a different controller. :(

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Server 2012
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
I'm having the same issue of the touchscreen working as a mouse. I'm actually using Windows Server 2012, but it should be the same as Windows 8. I've installed the EETI eGalax Touch Windows 8 driver from here:
eGalax_eMPIA Technology Inc. TouchKit Windows 7 Driver

It works just fine at emulating a mouse. It shows in device manager as "USB Touchscreen Controller(Universal)". It is vid_0EEF, pid_0001. I've tried changing modes in the eGalaxTouch utility, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I even tried forcing it to use "USB Touchscreen Controller(Gesture)". Touch panel still works fine that way, but still emulates a mouse with no gesture ability.

Under System, it says: "No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display".

Any ideas? Do I need a different controller?

UPDATE: Did some more research, came across this blog. Looks like the drivers for the eGalax touch interface aren't HID-USB compliant. There was a beta HID-USB compliant beta driver released in 2007, but it was only 32-bit.
ULTRA MOBILE PC TIPS: eGalax Touch Screens are not always USB-HID Compliant.
I guess it comes down to begging to see if EETI will update that old driver to work with Win8 x64, or buying a different controller. :(

Man what a struggle, At my work had to WDS build a new Dell Latitude E6420 XFR with W7 64bit with egalax touchscreen and I found the same problems. The Dell supplied driver are non-hid compliant so there no pen or touch input totally useless in Windows 7. On a Google searches found this Shuttle X50 V2 drivers for touch screen (Windows) talking about Shuttle X50 V2 with egalax and I thought I would see what drivers are available for the Shuttle X50 V2. I found these drivers W7 64bit drivers Shuttle Global - X50V2/X50V2(B) click drivers and scroll down the page and click on the links for TouchPanel_HID_X50V2. I installed them on my Dell Laptop and to my amazement they worked and appear to be HID compliant, I found that Pen and Touch works and using the HIDeGalaxTouch tool I was able to calibrate as well :). It may work on Windows Server 2012 using the Shuttle X50 V2 W7 64bit drivers.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8 64Bit
Man what a struggle, At my work had to WDS build a new Dell Latitude E6420 XFR with W7 64bit with egalax touchscreen and I found the same problems. The Dell supplied driver are non-hid compliant so there no pen or touch input totally useless in Windows 7. On a Google searches found this Shuttle X50 V2 drivers for touch screen (Windows) talking about Shuttle X50 V2 with egalax and I thought I would see what drivers are available for the Shuttle X50 V2. I found these drivers W7 64bit drivers Shuttle Global - X50V2/X50V2(B) click drivers and scroll down the page and click on the links for TouchPanel_HID_X50V2. I installed them on my Dell Laptop and to my amazement they worked and appear to be HID compliant, I found that Pen and Touch works and using the HIDeGalaxTouch tool I was able to calibrate as well :). It may work on Windows Server 2012 using the Shuttle X50 V2 W7 64bit drivers.

Thanks, nice find on that driver! It did install and detected my touch controller. The calibration is all out of whack though, although both the 4 and 9 point calibration appear to work. I feel like this has got to be something that's fixable. I'll have to keep digging and see if maybe there's a registry hack or something that will fix it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Server 2012
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Something new ?

Hi all, i'd like to prevent first that i'm sorry for my poor English vocabulary (french and "feignant")...
So I encounter the same problem with my eGalax touch screen (on EeePC 901) that's works well for mouse using, but it's so bad for tactile gesture like going into right-up corner for exemple, or swipe the screen in order to switch screens... The problem in fact is that there is resistive tactile screens (2 axis X/Y) and capacitive tactile screens (the newest) that can allow multi-touch gesture.
I think that windows 8 can only works well with screen able to detect 4 or more tactile points to be consider like a true tactile screen...
But...but but you know the touchpad... on windows XP we only can detect 1 point (x/y), and few times later with windows 7, they sold new laptops with touchpad multitouch wouaaaw that's so good but... on the same laptop, but changing XP for Seven, this touchpad become multitouch ! without buy anything else ! That was only a driver walkaround !
So, I think that -maybe- we could obtain the same result with a special driver, without buying a new touchscreen... If you found that, I'll really appreciate that you communicate this tips, please :)
I hope that somebody found it, and if I found it myself i tell you that here...
Sorry again for my english... ^^ and see u later !

An Eeepc901-surgeon/user

Thanks, nice find on that driver! It did install and detected my touch controller. The calibration is all out of whack though, although both the 4 and 9 point calibration appear to work. I feel like this has got to be something that's fixable. I'll have to keep digging and see if maybe there's a registry hack or something that will fix it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 x86
Hi all,

I got my touch panel working correctly on Windows 8 with an old HID compliant driver by EETI I found somewhere. Originally the driver was on EETI's webspace, but they seem to have deleted it. Luckily, it's still downloadable from some other sites:

http://187.53.197.240:8080/Bibliote...bbbbbbbbb/HIDUsbTouchDigitizer_2.0.0.0525.zipFile HIDUsbTouchDigitizer_2.0.0.0525.zip - BergLib.com

Just run setup.exe, calibrate and (hopefully) have fun.

Hi, I installed the driver to my Dell with eGalax touchscreen. There are 2 different modes on the eGalax software. 1-Pen Mode, 2-Digitizer Mode.

When I use pen mode, touchscreen is working as mouse.
When I switch to digitizer mode, touchscreen isn't working. On this mode, I can calibrate the screen also can hear the touch beep sounds but there is no action on the screen. This is like windows settings problem, I don't understand.

I contacted with eGalax support, they also send the same driver to me :) but still same problem with their drivers.

Any idea or advice please?

Screenshot (3).pngScreenshot (4).pngScreenshot (2).png

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1, Mac OS Mountaion Lion
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XFR E6420
    CPU
    Intel i7-2460M