Solved EFI System Partition missing files, Repair Disk won't boot

I rebooted to Linux Mint and in GParted I see a file on /sd3 that says unknown. It is 128 mb in size. Could this be the file?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Asus K55n DS81
    CPU
    Amd A8 4500M
    Memory
    4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon HD
    Hard Drives
    500GB
    Browser
    Inernet Explorer 11 Chrome
It should be a partition with the flag "boot".
File system should be fat32. It might be mounted in linux mint at /boot/efi.

My Computer

System One

• OS
The only file I see with boot flag is fat32. The file I said earlier has to be the one even though it says unknown. GParted is not showing a /boot/efi so I think that is it it. It is on a partition.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus K55n DS81
    CPU
    Amd A8 4500M
    Memory
    4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon HD
    Hard Drives
    500GB
    Browser
It says I must specify filesystem type.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus K55n DS81
    CPU
    Amd A8 4500M
    Memory
    4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon HD
    Hard Drives
    500GB
    Browser
Screenshot from 2013-12-01 16:18:59.png

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus K55n DS81
    CPU
    Amd A8 4500M
    Memory
    4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon HD
    Hard Drives
    500GB
    Browser
Your /dev/sda3 has no filesystem, strangely enough. I'm not sure what's going on there. /dev/sda1 is the EFI system partition. Mount it using the same command (obviously change to /dev/sda1).

My Computer

System One

• OS
Days mount point efi does not exist. I guess I'm not smart enough to do what you are asking. Maybe someone with some smarts will step in.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus K55n DS81
    CPU
    Amd A8 4500M
    Memory
    4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon HD
    Hard Drives
    500GB
    Browser
It already exists.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus K55n DS81
    CPU
    Amd A8 4500M
    Memory
    4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon HD
    Hard Drives
    500GB
    Browser
It already exists.
I really don't understand then. All you really need is to make the folder, then mount the partition to that folder. Are you sure you haven't made a typo or something? Can you show me a screenshot?
Edit: I won't be available for the rest of the night. I understand this has been a pain for you, but you are really my last shot besides contacting Toshiba and buying their recovery tool. I hope it works; if not, I totally understand. Thanks so much.

My Computer

System One

• OS
Sorry I couldn't help. Seems I have a lot to learn.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus K55n DS81
    CPU
    Amd A8 4500M
    Memory
    4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon HD
    Hard Drives
    500GB
    Browser
It already exists.
I really don't understand then. All you really need is to make the folder, then mount the partition to that folder. Are you sure you haven't made a typo or something? Can you show me a screenshot?
Did you ever get the Windows Recovery media to boot so you could access the command prompt?

If it is still hanging, try removing the Hard Drive to see if it will boot then. The fact it hangs at the splash screen might be it is trying to read the hard drive, or even something in the DVD. I suppose the recovery drive you made may be bad, but hopefully not.

If all else fails, download the Windows 8.1 preview and burn that .iso (as an image) to a DVD and use that to get into the Command Prompt. The partitions you guys were talking about have very specific Type IDs and may not function if they are not correct. Just being formatted as Fat32 is not sufficient.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home Grown
    CPU
    i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77 -v Pro, Z87-Expert
    Memory
    16 G
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified (2)
    Hard Drives
    Kingston SSD 240 GB
It already exists.
Did you ever get the Windows Recovery media to boot so you could access the command prompt?

If it is still hanging, try removing the Hard Drive to see if it will boot then. The fact it hangs at the splash screen might be it is trying to read the hard drive, or even something in the DVD. I suppose the recovery drive you made may be bad, but hopefully not.

If all else fails, download the Windows 8.1 preview and burn that .iso (as an image) to a DVD and use that to get into the Command Prompt. The partitions you guys were talking about have very specific Type IDs and may not function if they are not correct. Just being formatted as Fat32 is not sufficient.

Instead of wasting more time burning DVD's and preparing flash drives, I'm just going to buy the Toshiba recovery media. It's only $25. I don't see why that wouldn't boot, (especially if I try taking out the hard drive), as from a hardware perspective, everything is fine. Thanks for all your help. I suppose the message here is that some ****-ups are unfixable.

My Computer

System One

• OS

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5