Downgrade 8 to 7 on Acer Aspire AXC-603G-UW31 I Need Help!

You sir are AWSOME!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Aspire XC-603G
    CPU
    Qaud Core
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    AVG
So I successfully downgraded this PC after a bit (LOT:geek:) of research and tinkering. I’ve provided the steps I followed below.

THANK YOU THANK YOU... about 3 VERY frustrating days and many attempts at different BIOS updates and the googled myself to death. I now have debian installing.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
So I successfully downgraded this PC after a bit (LOT:geek:) of research and tinkering. I’ve provided the steps I followed below.
Acer AXC-603 Downgrade to windows 7 Instructions

STEP 1 - Downgrade BIOS/UEFI
WARNING: DO THIS STEP AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG HERE, YOU RISK PERMANENTLY DAMAGING YOUR COMPUTER. I MODIFIED THE BATCH FILES TO IGNORE CHECKING ROM ID. IT WORKED PERFECTLY FOR ME BUT THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT IT WILL WORK FOR YOU. I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE IF THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS DAMAGE YOUR COMPUTER.
This step depends on what operating system you currently have on the machine. You will need the files provided HERE (Please download a local copy. I will try to keep this available as long as i can but cant make any promises for the distant future)

Step1-A – IF NO operating system
If you have a recovery disk you can also try using it or the recovery partition (Alt+F10 at boot). If that doesn't work, the easiest way to do this is to download the evaluation copy of windows 8 from Microsoft and do a fresh installation.
After windows 8 is installed follow steps from Step1-B.

Step1-B – IF YOU ARE IN WINDOWS 8
Open the “Bios WIN” folder from the files provided HERE. Navigate to the “WIN” directory. Right click on Flash.bat and run as administrator (can also be run from an elevated command prompt from within windows)
You should see a command prompt popup and it will now downgrade your BIOS.
If you manage to get through this step, you've won 90% of the battle so cheer UP!

Step1-C – IF YOU ARE IN DOS / FREEDOS
I haven’t tried this personally but the following should theoretically work
Use another machine to download the provided files. Burn them on a CD/DVD that is accessible from dos.
Boot to dos and use the “cd” command to navigate to the “Bios Dos” directory
Execute Flash.bat
If you manage to get through this step, you've won 90% of the battle so cheer UP!

STEP 2 - BIOS/UEFI Settings
After flashing the bios press “Del” while booting to make sure the following settings are set
Set secure boot to disabled
Set CSM mode to always
Boot Priority – As per your preference.

Step 3 - Install WIN 7
Boot from windows 7 DVD or USB to install windows 7. I personally used a DVD to complete the process so I can verify that is working.
Hard disk Partitions – If you have left over partitions from previous installations, delete all of them and creating new partitions. You can try installing over the old partitions but I personally haven’t tested this.

Step 4 - Install Drivers
Install the drivers provided in the link

STEP 5 – ENJOY WINDOWS 7:orb::)
CREDITS:
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/13326-downgrade-windows-8-windows-7-a.html
Acer Aspire XC-603 Desktop PC - Desktops | Ebuyer.com

Hello, thank you for your great info!!

I have just purchased an Acer Aspire XC-603-EB11, current BIOS is P11-A2, it seems that it does not support Windows 7 installation, I used 64 bit since I got 8G ram.

So, I just wonder which BIOS version did you use to make it work? Should I try the latest version?

I need a bit more information, thank you very much!!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
I'm pretty familar with working around most computers but this one has stumpped me...:mad:

Acer Aspire X AXC-603G-UW31

Had Windows 8 on it. Want to add 7.

So far I was able to wipe the drive clean by hooking it up to another PC using EASEUS Partition manager.
I put the HD back in the Aspire and my Windows 7 disc in the DVD drive. The same error keeps coming up.

"Reboot and Select porper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in Selected Device and press a key"

Boot priority is set to the DVD. Also when I hit F12 for boot manager it sends me to the error as well.

In Bios there isn't many options like a normal computer. Kind of a cheaper computer so options are cheap as well.

Any ideas?

Hi! I just want to ask if you have got your problem solved?

I have an AXC-603-EB11, BIOS is P11-A2, I tried to install Windows 7 64 bit, but it doesn't work out, I guess there's something wrong with BIOS. which BIOS version did you upgrade or downgrade to make it work?

Thank you!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
I'm pretty familar with working around most computers but this one has stumpped me...:mad:

Acer Aspire X AXC-603G-UW31

Had Windows 8 on it. Want to add 7.

So far I was able to wipe the drive clean by hooking it up to another PC using EASEUS Partition manager.
I put the HD back in the Aspire and my Windows 7 disc in the DVD drive. The same error keeps coming up.

"Reboot and Select porper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in Selected Device and press a key"

Boot priority is set to the DVD. Also when I hit F12 for boot manager it sends me to the error as well.

In Bios there isn't many options like a normal computer. Kind of a cheaper computer so options are cheap as well.

Any ideas?

Hi! I just want to ask if you have got your problem solved?

I have an AXC-603-EB11, BIOS is P11-A2, I tried to install Windows 7 64 bit, but it doesn't work out, I guess there's something wrong with BIOS. which BIOS version did you upgrade or downgrade to make it work?

Thank you!

yeah the problems gone i got windows 7 running same model scroll up a bit back and someone put together a bios that basicly changes this pc to XC-603 from the XC-603g dont forget after you set tofault to change back the drive reading from IDE to AHCI and then 7 install works great after using cmos always. From what I have read all 603 models have the same spec hardware wise so just a guise but the bios should work for you as well with some tinkering.

I am just thrilled to death to now have a choice of what I can install thanks again.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Aspire XC-603G
    CPU
    Qaud Core
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    AVG

WARNING: DO THIS STEP AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG HERE, YOU RISK PERMANENTLY DAMAGING YOUR COMPUTER. I MODIFIED THE BATCH FILES TO IGNORE CHECKING ROM ID. IT WORKED PERFECTLY FOR ME BUT THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT IT WILL WORK FOR YOU. I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE IF THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS DAMAGE YOUR COMPUTER.
This step depends on what operating system you currently have on the machine. You will need the files provided HERE (Please download a local copy. I will try to keep this available as long as i can but cant make any promises for the distant future)

If you have a recovery disk you can also try using it or the recovery partition (Alt+F10 at boot). If that doesn't work, the easiest way to do this is to download the evaluation copy of windows 8 from Microsoft and do a fresh installation.

Open the “Bios WIN” folder from the files provided HERE. Navigate to the “WIN” directory. Right click on Flash.bat and run as administrator (can also be run from an elevated command prompt from within windows)

Use another machine to download the provided files. Burn them on a CD/DVD that is accessible from dos.
Execute Flash.bat

After flashing the bios press “Del” while booting to make sure the following settings are set
Set CSM mode to always

Step 3 - Install WIN 7
Boot from windows 7 DVD or USB to install windows 7. I personally used a DVD to complete the process so I can verify that is working.
Hard disk Partitions – If you have left over partitions from previous installations, delete all of them and creating new partitions. You can try installing over the old partitions but I personally haven’t tested this.

Step 4 - Install Drivers

CREDITS:

I have just purchased an Acer Aspire XC-603-EB11, current BIOS is P11-A2, it seems that it does not support Windows 7 installation, I used 64 bit since I got 8G ram.

So, I just wonder which BIOS version did you use to make it work? Should I try the latest version?

Yep...like rfrayer mentioned, flash the bios and it should let you install windows 7
no point in upgrading to the latest bios from the acer website. I tried that already and it ends up locking your pc down even more.
Good Luck!

My Computer

System One

• OS

Execute Flash.bat

Set CSM mode to always

Step 3 - Install WIN 7

Step 4 - Install Drivers

CREDITS:

Yep...like rfrayer mentioned, flash the bios and it should let you install windows 7
no point in upgrading to the latest bios from the acer website. I tried that already and it ends up locking your pc down even more.
Good Luck!

Okay, so My question is, which version of BIOS is good to install? I just downloaded the latest version, but I haven't tried installing it.

Which version of BIOS, plz!!!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1

Good Luck!

Okay, so My question is, which version of BIOS is good to install? I just downloaded the latest version, but I haven't tried installing it.

Which version of BIOS, plz!!!

please read my instructions again .... i've already provided a link to the bios (a4l)
just in case you missed it .. HERE IT IS AGAIN :D

My Computer

System One

• OS
Thanks for the great solution... got the BIOS downgraded, Windows 7 ultimate installed no problems.

The Windows 7 video driver does not work for me however... I get the message "The setup failed to install one or more device drivers. Setup will now exit". I have a AXC-603G-UW12.

I did try using the windows 7 drivers for other PCs in the same 60x class... no luck. Any ideas?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    User Built
    Memory
    32G
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia 780GTX
    Antivirus
    NIS
Thanks for the great solution... got the BIOS downgraded, Windows 7 ultimate installed no problems.

The Windows 7 video driver does not work for me however... I get the message "The setup failed to install one or more device drivers. Setup will now exit". I have a AXC-603G-UW12.

I did try using the windows 7 drivers for other PCs in the same 60x class... no luck. Any ideas?

Sorry. no clue what's going on with that. Try to see if intel has video drivers on their website. or if so called "universal" video drivers work out. Good Luck!

My Computer

System One

• OS

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Lenovo IdeaCenter K450
    CPU
    Intel Quad Core i7-4770 @ 3.4Ghz
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Integrated HD Graphics
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HP h2207
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050@59Hz
    Hard Drives
    250GB Samsung EVO SATA-3 SSD;
    2TB Seagate ST2000DM001 SATA-2;
    1.5TB Seagate ST3150041AS SATA
    PSU
    500W
    Keyboard
    Wired USB
    Mouse
    Wired USB
    Internet Speed
    3GB Up, 30GB Down
    Browser
    SeaMonkey
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender; MBAM Pro
    Other Info
    UEFI/GPT
    PLDS DVD-RW DH16AERSH
Hi, i have a problem with my PC, i tried to downgrade the BIOS and changed the settings but when the loading screen of Windows finish, a blue screen pop up and it says: " the BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant". i dont know if i did something wrong. Is anyone with the same problem?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    acer
    Memory
    4 gb
Hi, i have a problem with my PC, i tried to downgrade the BIOS and changed the settings but when the loading screen of Windows finish, a blue screen pop up and it says: " the BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant". i dont know if i did something wrong. Is anyone with the same problem?
BTW i have Windows 8.1.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    acer
    Memory
    4 gb
Hi, i have a problem with my PC, i tried to downgrade the BIOS and changed the settings but when the loading screen of Windows finish, a blue screen pop up and it says: " the BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant". i dont know if i did something wrong. Is anyone with the same problem?
BTW i have Windows 8.1.

It seems like your bios didnt downgrade properly because this is the issue I was facing before the downgrade. If you still have windows 8.1 , boot to that and follow the instructions previously provided

My Computer

System One

• OS
Thanks amohani, i was doing wrong. To downgrade the bios i had to open Command prompt and execute the file. now i have windows 7 and i have issues with the video driver

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    acer
    Memory
    4 gb
Thanks amohani, i was doing wrong. To downgrade the bios i had to open Command prompt and execute the file. now i have windows 7 and i have issues with the video driver
glad windows 7 worked out for you!
CinderellaMan had an issue with the video card too. Ztruker suggested a solution. Try it out and see if it woeks out.
If you figure it out, let us know here so that others can replicate your solution

My Computer

System One

• OS
Hi, can someone please give me a step by step guide for Step1 - C – IF YOU ARE IN DOS /
FREEDOS I have burned the driver files as a data DVD but don't know how to run the disk and
downgrade the bios in dos and the model I have came with no windows os
thank you

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows
Back