Downgrade 8 to 7 on Acer Aspire AXC-603G-UW31 I Need Help!

try downloading and loading a grub bios its a free download. u can make one using ezyboot and then add ur software and try booting ;)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
    CPU
    Inspiron 530S
    Motherboard
    64Bit X64 based Processor
    Memory
    4.5GB Ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    1GB - XFX ONE ATI Radeon HD 5450 - Plus Edition
    Sound Card
    Inbuilt
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1440*900
    Hard Drives
    1*Seagate 150gb + 1*Seagate 320gb
    Cooling
    3 x fans
    Keyboard
    Dell Analog
    Mouse
    Dell USB Mouse
    Internet Speed
    1Mbps, 100kbps Download Speed
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, Bitdefender, but Switched off
I've got the same model computer, and the same Non-Complaint ACPI BIOS issue... No luck so far.

I've been trying for days after purchasing this computer for my mom who is used to Windows 7.

Any updates on this?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
hmm can u post a few screen shots or photos please?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell
    CPU
    Inspiron 530S
    Motherboard
    Memory
    4.5GB Ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Inbuilt
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1440*900
    Hard Drives
    Cooling
    3 x fans
    Keyboard
    Dell Analog
    Mouse
    Dell USB Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
Here are the Bios screen. Not many options.

Attachments

• DSCN0144.JPG
    DSCN0144.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 327
  • DSCN0145.JPG
    DSCN0145.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 223
  • DSCN0146.JPG
    DSCN0146.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCN0147.JPG
    DSCN0147.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 270
  • DSCN0148.JPG
    DSCN0148.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 461
  • DSCN0149.JPG
    DSCN0149.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 241
  • DSCN0150.JPG
    DSCN0150.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 281
  • DSCN0151.JPG
    DSCN0151.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 238
  • DSCN0152.JPG
    DSCN0152.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 366
  • DSCN0153.JPG
    DSCN0153.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 226

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom
Please how did you solve

Welcome to EightForums

Best to make your own thread, with full details of your PC.

Is this a OEM manufacturer's PC with Pre-installed Windows 8?

1) Downgrade to Windows 7.
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/13326-downgrade-windows-8-windows-7-a.html
Warning you must have the UEFI/BIOS firmware setting in Step Three set.

Make sure you read the NOTE at Step three.

2) If Using a USB Pen drive on a PC with a UEFI BIOS.
USB Pen drive need to be formatted to FAT32 as in
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html
Take note of Step 11 for Windows 7.
Also you will need to use a USB 2.0 port, as there are no USB 3.0 drivers in Windows 7.

You will need to buy Windows 7.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
I have dusty set of retail 7 DVDs, that's how I would downgrade. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer V3 771G-6443
    CPU
    i5-3230m
    Motherboard
    Acer VA70_HC (U3E1)
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 (800 MHz)
    Graphics Card(s)
    HD4000 + GeForce GT 730M
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" Generic PnP Display on Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB
    ADATA SSD SP900 128GB
    PSU
    90 watt brick
    Mouse
    Bluetooth
    Antivirus
    Comodo
    Other Info
    Asus RT-AC56R dual-band WRT router (Merlin firmware). Intel 7260.HMWWB.R dual-band ac wireless adapter.
Please how did you solve

Here is some more info if you want to install Windows 7 to Acer Aspire AXC-603G-UW31

Note: Windows 7/8 setup: Installing using the MBR or GPT partition style.

Note: You don't need to change boot order (Boot Priority Order). You can use the F12 key on boot to select DVD/USB drive.

OPTION ONE - UEFI Boot Mode for Windows 7 (only for 64-bit)

- Secure Boot disabled
- UEFI Boot Mode enabled
- Partition table: GPT

BIOS Setup Utility:
- Authentication -> Secure Boot = Disabled
- Boot Options -> Launch CSM = Never

Note: You must use Rufus if you want to create a bootable UEFI USB flash drive.

OPTION TWO - Legacy BIOS Boot Mode for Windows 7 (32/64-bit)

- Secure Boot disabled
- Legacy BIOS Boot Mode enabled
- Partition table: MBR

BIOS Setup Utility:
- Authentication -> Secure Boot = Disabled
- Boot Options -> Launch CSM = Always

Note: You must use Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool if you want to create a bootable USB flash drive.

Note: You must delete all partitions on the disk on the "Where do you want to install Windows?" screen.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G580
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-3230M
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Microsoft Edge
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, standard user account
    Other Info
    UEFI firmware (BIOS) embedded Windows 8 product key.
Tried installing with Secure Boot Disabled and Launch CSM Enabled. Used F12 to select Windows 7 SP1 x64 Install DVD. Loaded setup files, once the Windows boot screen loads, STOP error about BIOS not being fully ACPI complaint. Same result when booting with USB Installation Media. Both the USB media and DVD were created with the Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool.

Tried installing with Secure Boot Disabled and Launch CSM Disabled, (UEFI mode). Used F12 to select Windows 7 SP1 x64 Install DVD. Loaded setup files, but once the "Starting Windows" boot screen loads, a red bar across the top of the screen appears, and the Windows gif freezes. System stays in this state. In UEFI mode, the USB media is not available in the boot menu list.

Attachments

• IMG_1383.JPG
    IMG_1383.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 447
  • IMG_1382.JPG
    IMG_1382.JPG
    605.2 KB · Views: 374

My Computer

System One

• OS
Anyone have any success with this issue?

There is a new BIOS update out for the machine. Could it have something to do with fixing the compatibility mode?

-Nick

My Computer

System One

• OS
Anyone have any success with this issue?

There is a new BIOS update out for the machine. Could it have something to do with fixing the compatibility mode?

-Nick

Nothing changed. They make sale to push sale win8. It not legal to sell computer with no OS to tell you what system to buy.

Is not possible to install Linux or run portable OS.-tested

Its same like I will buy petrol car and producer will tel me: "you have to fill up only in BP station or car wont drive!!"

Thats rip off and against International law!!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7pro64
btw how old is your pc? maybe it could have sum connection with the CMOS battery ? cuz its repeatedly shuting down!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell
    CPU
    Inspiron 530S
    Motherboard
    Memory
    4.5GB Ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Inbuilt
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1440*900
    Hard Drives
    Cooling
    3 x fans
    Keyboard
    Dell Analog
    Mouse
    Dell USB Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
I have the same machine. Unfortunately, this machine doesn't have legacy bios mode, as your photos point out, and probably never will. These are UEFI only machines.
I tried to install Win7 x64 in UEFI mode, but that didn't last long. After it shows the "Windows is loading files" screen, Windows will try to start setup, I get the red bar that NTL1991 saw. Usually, this means that Windows doesn't support the graphics subsystem on this machine.
Even if you were to somehow get Win7 installed on this machine, Acer's website only has Win8.1 x64 drivers. I doubt they would work on Win7.

TL;DR - You're SOL on Win7.

-Z

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CLFS
I have the same machine. Unfortunately, this machine doesn't have legacy bios mode, as your photos point out, and probably never will. These are UEFI only machines.
I tried to install Win7 x64 in UEFI mode, but that didn't last long. After it shows the "Windows is loading files" screen, Windows will try to start setup, I get the red bar that NTL1991 saw. Usually, this means that Windows doesn't support the graphics subsystem on this machine.
Even if you were to somehow get Win7 installed on this machine, Acer's website only has Win8.1 x64 drivers. I doubt they would work on Win7.

-Z

After complain. Link to win 7 drivers.
https://ebuyer-my.sharepoint.com/personal/becky_clay_ebuyer_com/_layouts/15/download.aspx?guestaccesstoken=vHD8pPbq9BlUSUQYP4VCwnSD1ScA%2fivcsvqW2T1C9us%3d&docid=03d6531b78498459fbc381488b488f461

So we have drivers and what next with bios?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7pro64

-Z

https://ebuyer-my.sharepoint.com/personal/becky_clay_ebuyer_com/_layouts/15/download.aspx?guestaccesstoken=vHD8pPbq9BlUSUQYP4VCwnSD1ScA%2fivcsvqW2T1C9us%3d&docid=03d6531b78498459fbc381488b488f461

tep 1 update BIOS. To version A4L (available from Acer | Download)
Step 2 install Windows 7 from your DVD
Step 3 in

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7pro64

-Z

tep 1 update BIOS. To version A4L (available from Acer | Download)
Step 2 install Windows 7 from your DVD
Step 3 in

some of your directions cut off there. also Acer removed the V4L, called them and they blatantly refused to give it out and said Microsoft forbids any downgrading on the Aspire XC-603G along with the instalation of Non-Windows products. I personaly think this is underhanded but hey. I dont mind windows 8 but would rather not be stuck with Ubuntu as a second OS as I preffer (real debian) over (fake debian). Does anyone have a link to the v4l Bios for Aspire XC-603G?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Aspire XC-603G
    CPU
    Qaud Core
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    AVG
Same issue here. Did anybody save off the correct BIOS version before they pulled it?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    User Built
    Memory
    32G
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia 780GTX
    Antivirus
    NIS
Acer AXC-603 Downgrade to windows 7 Instructions

So I successfully downgraded this PC after a bit (LOT:geek:) of research and tinkering. I’ve provided the steps I followed below.
Acer AXC-603 Downgrade to windows 7 Instructions

STEP 1 - Downgrade BIOS/UEFI
WARNING: DO THIS STEP AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG HERE, YOU RISK PERMANENTLY DAMAGING YOUR COMPUTER. I MODIFIED THE BATCH FILES TO IGNORE CHECKING ROM ID. IT WORKED PERFECTLY FOR ME BUT THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT IT WILL WORK FOR YOU. I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE IF THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS DAMAGE YOUR COMPUTER.
This step depends on what operating system you currently have on the machine. You will need the files provided HERE (Please download a local copy. I will try to keep this available as long as i can but cant make any promises for the distant future)

Step1-A – IF NO operating system
If you have a recovery disk you can also try using it or the recovery partition (Alt+F10 at boot). If that doesn't work, the easiest way to do this is to download the evaluation copy of windows 8 from Microsoft and do a fresh installation.
After windows 8 is installed follow steps from Step1-B.

Step1-B – IF YOU ARE IN WINDOWS 8
Open the “Bios WIN” folder from the files provided HERE. Navigate to the “WIN” directory. Right click on Flash.bat and run as administrator (can also be run from an elevated command prompt from within windows)
You should see a command prompt popup and it will now downgrade your BIOS.
If you manage to get through this step, you've won 90% of the battle so cheer UP!

Step1-C – IF YOU ARE IN DOS / FREEDOS
I haven’t tried this personally but the following should theoretically work
Use another machine to download the provided files. Burn them on a CD/DVD that is accessible from dos.
Boot to dos and use the “cd” command to navigate to the “Bios Dos” directory
Execute Flash.bat
If you manage to get through this step, you've won 90% of the battle so cheer UP!

STEP 2 - BIOS/UEFI Settings
After flashing the bios press “Del” while booting to make sure the following settings are set
Set secure boot to disabled
Set CSM mode to always
Boot Priority – As per your preference.

Step 3 - Install WIN 7
Boot from windows 7 DVD or USB to install windows 7. I personally used a DVD to complete the process so I can verify that is working.
Hard disk Partitions – If you have left over partitions from previous installations, delete all of them and creating new partitions. You can try installing over the old partitions but I personally haven’t tested this.

Step 4 - Install Drivers
Install the drivers provided in the link

STEP 5 – ENJOY WINDOWS 7:orb::)
CREDITS:
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/13326-downgrade-windows-8-windows-7-a.html
Acer Aspire XC-603 Desktop PC - Desktops | Ebuyer.com

My Computer

System One

• OS
amohani, thank you thank you thank you for this post. i almost threw this Acer in the garbage. i was unable to download the files from ebuyer (i think their bandwidth bill went up a bit heh)

im attempting to take an acronis image of an old xp dell, restore it to this acer, and do in-place upgrade to win 7 (you have to do vista first) i will advise how it goes.

i got to say in my 25 years of PC support experience this computer annoyed me so much with the uefi lockdown it is absolutely ridiculous! its like buying a car and only allowed to pump gas from one oil company. sheesh!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Mac OSX
amohani, thank you thank you thank you for this post. i almost threw this Acer in the garbage. i was unable to download the files from ebuyer (i think their bandwidth bill went up a bit heh)

im attempting to take an acronis image of an old xp dell, restore it to this acer, and do in-place upgrade to win 7 (you have to do vista first) i will advise how it goes.

i got to say in my 25 years of PC support experience this computer annoyed me so much with the uefi lockdown it is absolutely ridiculous! its like buying a car and only allowed to pump gas from one oil company. sheesh!

You're Welcome!:) I was in the same state and got lucky by overriding the bios flashing utility.
I'm not sure if transferring an image will work due to the change in hardware and the uefi being locked down...Still let us know how it goes
If all else fails you can always download and install an evaluation version of windows 8 and take it from there

My Computer

System One

• OS
Back