BSOD (KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR) on waking from sleep.

I've bumped this thread to make it more visible.

Last night, I triggered a crash by disconnecting the UBS cable to the printer. If you see errors of a PRINTER VERIFIER sort, that's on me. It's not representative of the problems that brought me here.

My Computer

System One

• OS
Hi phv3773 ^_^,

Unfortunately, there is no trace of a recent dump file. The only dump file in the Zip file dates back to April. Unfortunately, the Event Log only says that the computer did not shut down cleanly.

Would you be so kind to provide me with a clear picture of the Blue Screen when it occurs so that I can take a look at the information?

Till then, kindly follow the below points -
  1. Kindly remove Intel Rapid Storage as it is very old and is known to cause problems. Please follow the fantastic guide (Thanks Patrick!) over **HERE**.
  2. Kindly remove Kaspersky using this **TOOL** till the time we are troubleshooting and make sure that after the uninstallation, you enable the Windows Defender.
  3. Also, try running Driver Verifier using this **GUIDE** and let's see if we can get it to generate a dump file or not.

Let me know how it goes ^_^

-Pranav

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Industry Pro B-)
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba
    CPU
    Core I5 2430M @ 2.4GHz
    Memory
    8 GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz Dual Channel ^_^
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD 3000 B-)
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    Toshiba 500 GB
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender & Common Sense!
Hi Pranav,

The blue screens trigger a restart. It usually happens too fast to read the error message, and much too fast to do a screen capture. Lately, a lot of the crashes are not blue screens, but the computer loses track of where things are. In one recent example, it lost track of how to start Outlook. Clicking the Outlook icon brought up a "do you want to install" dialog. Other times, it has lost track of the desktop icons. These are followed by having the computer freeze up. After a reboot, things are back to normal.

We sometimes go for a week without a crash.

There has been some indication that the problem is the printer and/or printer driver. I uninstalled the printer driver (HP OfficeJet Pro L7650) a couple days ago, and reinstalled it today. No crashes. The DPC Latency Checker (dpclat.exe) seems better. I'm going to wait until we see another crash before doing anything major.

If/when we do get a crash or BSOD, I will do the things you suggest.

phv3773

My Computer

System One

• OS
Hi phv3773 ^_^,

Leave the DPC Latency Checker at this point. Anyways, please try to get a picture in case of a BSOD.

Let me know how it goes ^_^

-Pranav

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Industry Pro B-)
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba
    CPU
    Core I5 2430M @ 2.4GHz
    Memory
    8 GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz Dual Channel ^_^
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD 3000 B-)
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    Toshiba 500 GB
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender & Common Sense!
After a week with no crashes at all, we've had a cluster.

I had one while trying to open an account. It took a long time and gave a message something like "You have been logged on with a temporary account. You can not access your file. Reboot.

My wife got one last night while working on an MS Word document. The error message was Driver Page Fault in Fixed Special Pool (Dot4.sys).

On both of these errors it took some time collecting error info to send to Microsoft but didn't created a .dmp.

My Computer

System One

• OS
Back