Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio card

  1. #61


    Posts : 3
    Windows 8 CP

    It works!


    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Download from the link, then extract it to a folder.

    Open device manager, right click on the Creative needing the driver (or "Unknown Device") and choose Update driver software...Browse my computer...Let me pick...Have Disk...Browse

    Now navigate to the extracted folder and double click on wdma_emu.inf.

    Hit ok then next and it will install. It's good because the drivers are all from 5/5/2010 - you don't want to be dealing with very old Creative drivers on 7 or 8. By the way, this will also work well for XP, Vista and 7.

    Any issues at all, let me know and I'll fix it up.

    Enjoy! You're welcome.

    Free File Hosting, Free Video Hosting, Online File Hosting. Large Files and Images up to 5GB - YourFileLink.com
    It works!

    Amazing, you're a true wizard, thanks a lot!

    Cheers mate

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #62


    Posts : 1
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Microsoft had this driver on their server but it is not for your EXACT hardware id so that is why they did not give it to you with Windows Update.

    I fixed it so it works for you. Extract my download to a folder.

    Right click Multimedia Audio Controller as before in the device manager. Choose Update driver software. Browse my computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse.

    Now find wdma_emu.inf in the folder you extracted to. Click on it. Hit next then ok and it will install.

    Creative.zip

    If that alone does not install for you like that, then copy/paste my attachment contents from the below link over the .inf in that above extract folder first:
    I just want to say thanks to GMan ^^
    You save my life
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #63


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    lol Life is good when you're living. Have fun. You're welcome.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #64


    Posts : 2
    Windows 8 x64


    GMan...help...same problem as everyone else, but I'm running 64 bit

    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00331102&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00331102
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_040100
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_0401
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #65


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Quote Originally Posted by dj777 View Post
    GMan...help...same problem as everyone else, but I'm running 64 bit

    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00331102&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00331102
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_040100
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_0401
    Hi, welcome.

    This is not the best solution at all, since you definitely should be running 32 bit with that card. Creative drivers are notorious and the older, the worse they are. You can try installing the top driver shown here and hope the machine remains stable:

    Microsoft Update Catalog

    It is possible for me to make a 2010 driver easily install for you, but then you'd have to do one of three things so it works:

    1) Disable driver enforcement at boot every time from the menu.
    2) Disable driver enforcement permanently
    3) Sign the driver files

    Let me know how it goes with the driver above or if you're sure you know which of the 3 choices you are going to do if I make something for ya.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #66


    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dj777 View Post
    GMan...help...same problem as everyone else, but I'm running 64 bit

    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00331102&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00331102
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_040100
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_0401
    Hi, welcome.

    This is not the best solution at all, since you definitely should be running 32 bit with that card. Creative drivers are notorious and the older, the worse they are. You can try installing the top driver shown here and hope the machine remains stable:

    Microsoft Update Catalog

    It is possible for me to make a 2010 driver easily install for you, but then you'd have to do one of three things so it works:

    1) Disable driver enforcement at boot every time from the menu.
    2) Disable driver enforcement permanently
    3) Sign the driver files

    Let me know how it goes with the driver above or if you're sure you know which of the 3 choices you are going to do if I make something for ya.
    hi guys
    recently i moved to 64 w8 and drivers provided by some clever guy (thanks a lot, gman) work perfectly under that system. the only missing thing is mixer in audio creation mode. but most probably is my lazy in finding it. i use daw to create music so that stuff is not especially needed for me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #67


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Quote Originally Posted by mattfly View Post
    i use daw to create music so that stuff is not especially needed for me.
    Awesome. Which do you use? My main one is Cubase 5.12, but I also use Sonar, n-Track Studio and Sound Forge for things.

    I'm looking forward to MOTU finally releasing Digital Performer for Windows this Spring.

    You're welcome.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #68


    what the coincidence also c 5.1 and sonar. there is interesting thing in sonar: you can use different cards for input and output. but i wouldn't like to bend the subject of thread. it'd be nice to talk to you about it somewhere anyway any idea??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #69


    Posts : 54
    Windows 8 x64


    tried all of the above, not working for me... although it is not listing sblive as my soundcard in device manager...

    Click image for larger version

    not sure what to do from here...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #70


    hi, krohm. this is something i got also. try to follow this thread from the start. there is a lot of info about such problems. it's a pity that gman is... temporary ill, he had solved most of issues, if not all. good luck!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio card
Related Threads
after installing sound blaster x-fi 5.1 pro (usb) soundcard successfully and downloaded drivers from creative s website . i cant get there so called entertainment console to download .im looking for something to control sound levels and effects in a small home studio
Greetings everyone, I just received my new sound card and I'm excited to try it out. I've hooked it up and connected my headphones into the proper jack. I try out the audio and it's bloody awful, worse than on-board audio (which is not too bad). I don't know what's wrong, this (I hope) shouldn't...
I have the latest Creative driver on here for Win 7 64bit, and I'm not getting any sound. Anybody else having this problem.
I have a Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro USB Sound Card. It has S/PDIF Optical Out which works great with my surround sound system. I tried installing the drivers on Windows 8 Pro x64 but it keeps saying "Please plug-in USB Audio Device device!". When I go to Device Manager and manually try...
I have a titanium x-fi pci-e sound card on windows 8 pro. It works fine but I cannot save my own settings for sound card. Whenever I restart the computer it reverts back to default. Is there any solution this odd behavior ? Some people say that they cannot even hear any sound out of sound cards....
I recently installed Windows 8. My Creative suite is seen in the start screen, however when I try to initialize the console or anything else..nothing happens. The upgrader indicates I have the most recent version. I've been to Creatives site but cant find drivers for the X-FI MB. Anyone else have...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook