Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

New Macrium update

  1. #111


    New Macrium patch released: 6.2.1502 that addresses boot rescue CD not showing up on boot menu.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #112


    Posts : 2,101
    Windows 8.0 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Ranch View Post
    New Macrium patch released: 6.2.1502 that addresses boot rescue CD not showing up on boot menu.
    So I take it we have to make the USB WinPE boot thingie again?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #113


    Quote Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Ranch View Post
    New Macrium patch released: 6.2.1502 that addresses boot rescue CD not showing up on boot menu.
    So I take it we have to make the USB WinPE boot thingie again?
    Sounds like it applies to users who create rescue media using CD's or DVD's. I'm not sure if this is specific to Windows PE rescue media that uses the W10 kernel. Users have stated that rescue media using flash drives works fine with version 6.2.1495. So if you use flash drives when creating a rescue media, you might not need to create another one. However, I would do it, again, to be safe and avoid any issues in the future.

    More info here:
    Mulitboot Support for CDs doesn't work in new version 6.2.1495 any longer (UEFI-FAT Boot option missing)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #114



    Trying to Sith things out
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 2,213
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit


    First post updated.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #115


    Posts : 2,101
    Windows 8.0 x64


    Thanks for the info. I updated the USB. I wonder since I have your ear, if it is possible to "easily" add tools such as virus scan etc.. to the WinPE since there aren't many I have found that can boot on my system? Am I stuck with the Macrium Restore after boot or is there some trick that would allow me to exit to access AV and other stuff I added to the USB?

    Or if anyone knows a UEFI compatible boot USB system that makes it easy to add portable utilities. Most of the time when I try stuff like using Rufus to make a boot USB is doesn't work. I am basically trying to glom on to something that does boot out of desperation.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #116



    Trying to Sith things out
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 2,213
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit


    Quote Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
    Thanks for the info. I updated the USB. I wonder since I have your ear, if it is possible to "easily" add tools such as virus scan etc.. to the WinPE since there aren't many I have found that can boot on my system? Am I stuck with the Macrium Restore after boot or is there some trick that would allow me to exit to access AV and other stuff I added to the USB?

    Or if anyone knows a UEFI compatible boot USB system that makes it easy to add portable utilities. Most of the time when I try stuff like using Rufus to make a boot USB is doesn't work. I am basically trying to glom on to something that does boot out of desperation.
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    You can talk with Jimmy(KYHI) about adding stuff, or how to create on for Win 8(unless he already has on).
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #117


    Posts : 2,101
    Windows 8.0 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
    Thanks for the info. I updated the USB. I wonder since I have your ear, if it is possible to "easily" add tools such as virus scan etc.. to the WinPE since there aren't many I have found that can boot on my system? Am I stuck with the Macrium Restore after boot or is there some trick that would allow me to exit to access AV and other stuff I added to the USB?

    Or if anyone knows a UEFI compatible boot USB system that makes it easy to add portable utilities. Most of the time when I try stuff like using Rufus to make a boot USB is doesn't work. I am basically trying to glom on to something that does boot out of desperation.
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    You can talk with Jimmy(KYHI) about adding stuff, or how to create on for Win 8(unless he already has on).
    Cool. Thanks.

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #118



    Trying to Sith things out
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 2,213
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit


    Quote Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
    Thanks for the info. I updated the USB. I wonder since I have your ear, if it is possible to "easily" add tools such as virus scan etc.. to the WinPE since there aren't many I have found that can boot on my system? Am I stuck with the Macrium Restore after boot or is there some trick that would allow me to exit to access AV and other stuff I added to the USB?

    Or if anyone knows a UEFI compatible boot USB system that makes it easy to add portable utilities. Most of the time when I try stuff like using Rufus to make a boot USB is doesn't work. I am basically trying to glom on to something that does boot out of desperation.
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    You can talk with Jimmy(KYHI) about adding stuff, or how to create on for Win 8(unless he already has on).
    Cool. Thanks.

    Click image for larger version
    You're welcome Miles
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #119


    Posts : 2,101
    Windows 8.0 x64


    Macrium 6.2.1544 is out. But my Server Edition install hangs. This time the download is not a patch. It is a new complete installer. But it hangs forever. I cannot seem to connect to Macrium Forum servers to see if everyone has the same issue.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #120


    No problem for me to install new Macrium. I think the servers were down temporarily earlier.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
New Macrium update

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Macrium Update
55570
Software and Apps
Macrium Update
47468
Software and Apps
New Macrium update
50595
Software and Apps
Macrium Update
If anyone is behind the times like me---- 46957
Software and Apps
Macrium Update
44034 Now available. :)
Software and Apps
Macrium Reflect: Update rescue media?
I am using Macrium Reflect Free to make weekly images of my PC. Every few weeks Macrium provides updates to the program with bug fixes and even feature enhancements. This is great for a free program and I immediately update my installation. When you make a rescue disk that will be used to boot a...
Performance & Maintenance
Update for Macrium Reflect available
A new update for Macrium Reflect is available. 39964
Software and Apps
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook