Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Startup Repair adjusts image to new hardware!

  1. #51


    Posts : 154
    Win7


    Again all commands completed successfully, but scanos and rebuildbcd found 0 installations. Why?

    Worked. Starts to fishy animation, Cool Blue 8 Dual Boot menu.

    Thanks, guys.

    Can I link #36 as a fix-all for most scrambled multi-boots?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #52


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    Uncle is a term of endearment - perhaps you don't have that where you come from.

    Stephen Fry is the Nation's favourite uncle.

    You might not know who he is.

    Stephen Fry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #53


    Odell
    Posts : 60
    Windows 8CP


    Quote Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
    Again all commands completed successfully, but scanos and rebuildbcd found 0 installations. Why?

    Worked. Starts to fishy animation, cool blue 8 Dual Boot menu.

    Thanks, guys.

    Can I link #36 as a fix-all for most scrambled multi-boots?
    I've not performed enough testing for that to go live. I'd rather you didn't. I'm still surprised that it rebuilt the multiboot menu by default. I'm sure there are bugs in there that will prevent folks from getting to their "other" OS and then I'm on the hook to figure it out You can post it under your name though
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #54


    Posts : 154
    Win7


    OK I'll try to spend more time here to watch the fixes evolve, but it's rarely a slow day at 7F.

    Quote Originally Posted by baarod View Post
    What's a "line command"..?
    What you type into a Command Line?

    This is deja vu from 3 years ago when we were sorting all of these issues in 7, SIW2 reeling out the commands.

    We ended up with the top installation forum on the web to this day. Looks like it may happen all over again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #55


    Odell
    Posts : 60
    Windows 8CP


    Quote Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
    OK I'll try to spend more time here to watch the fixes evolve, but it's rarely a slow day at 7F.

    Quote Originally Posted by baarod View Post
    What's a "line command"..?
    What you type into a Command Line?

    This is deja vu from 3 years ago when we were sorting all of these issues in 7, SIW2 reeling out the commands. We ended up with the top installation forum on the web to this day. Looks like it may happen all over again.
    HA! I was there. I think I did the original tutorial for imagex/bcdboot on 7F. I know that when I google for the commands I used our posts come up still
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #56


    Odell
    Posts : 60
    Windows 8CP


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    Uncle is a term of endearment - perhaps you don't have that where you come from.

    Stephen Fry is the Nation's favourite uncle.

    You might not know who he is.

    Stephen Fry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    So we're simply separated by a common language again?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #57


    Posts : 154
    Win7


    Quote Originally Posted by baarod View Post
    HA! I was there. I think I did the original tutorial for imagex/bcdboot on 7F. I know that when I google for the commands I used our posts come up still

    Where have you been?

    Early adapter?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #58


    Odell
    Posts : 60
    Windows 8CP


    Quote Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by baarod View Post
    HA! I was there. I think I did the original tutorial for imagex/bcdboot on 7F. I know that when I google for the commands I used our posts come up still
    Where have you been?
    Working. Re-engineering Fortune 50 host-based DB2 apps to virtualized pods. Enterprise architecture stuff like I used to do for Oracle. Very boring.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #59


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    LOL - I think you would like Stephen's site - page loading is bloody slow - but it's a great read :

    example:

    This is a Britain where metro-hatred and provincial arse-licking has led to such fatuous absurdities as the farcical moving of the entire BBC sports department to Salford months before the Olympic Games come to London. Read that back twice and forbear to weep, groan, roar or wet yourself laughing.
    The New Adventures of Stephen Fry
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #60


    Odell
    Posts : 60
    Windows 8CP


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    LOL - I think you would like Stephen's site - page loading is bloody slow - but it's a great read :

    example:

    This is a Britain where metro-hatred and provincial arse-licking has led to such fatuous absurdities as the farcical moving of the entire BBC sports department to Salford months before the Olympic Games come to London. Read that back twice and forbear to weep, groan, roar or wet yourself laughing.
    The New Adventures of Stephen Fry
    Metro-hatred: read back twice and wept, groaned, roared and (nearly) wet myself sobbing. Luddites! System 7 is nothing like iOS!!!

    I know, I know that was not the intent of the quote but given the forum I had to link references.

    I still can't believe that Win 8 will pick up all your XP forward OS for inclusion in the boot menu automagically even when low level boot management commands are used. I just performed a test on a little Sandy Bridge Celeron box I have here in the shop that had 7 and a sideload of Linux Mint and 8 even picked up the Linux boot. That's fabulous!

    Oh, and to your point. I'm partial to Eddie Izzard for my comedic relief -- any transvestite that can complete 43 marathons in 51 days for Sport Relief in spite of having no prior history of long distance running is a bloke in by book.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Startup Repair adjusts image to new hardware!
Related Threads
Solved 8.1 x64 BSOD on startup even with repair disc in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi, I'm new here, don't know too much about diagnosing BSOD errors so I would be very grateful for any help. Here's the deal, I was getting a few driver IRQL BSOD's when my system was running, I have had it built for about a week now. But now I can't even boot, i get KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED...
Cannot Boot From Startup Repair Disk in Performance & Maintenance
Hello, I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite L875D-S7332 Part No. PSKFQU-008003 With Windows 8 x64 Preinstalled. I created a Startup Repair Disk with a DVD. My problem is i cannot boot from this DVD. I changed the Bios to boot from DVD but it still doesn't work! Can Anyone help me? Thank You, heaven5733
This sounds like a sound solution, but it doesn't work for me. The startup repair just goes on forever, and ever, and ever and never does anything. If I don't disable secure boot and EUFI, it doesn't even go all the way into Windows 7 setup. It just sits there at the "Starting Windows" screeen...
Last night chkdsk tried to fix errors on C: on startup after I restarted my laptop. It was taking too long so I went to sleep, but in the morning, I had trouble turning the laptop on. When it did, the Automatic startup repair ran. Now the problem is that my laptop shuts down abruptly while startup...
I recently had to return my HP Pavilion g7 Windows 8 64- bit only laptop to the manufacturer for repair under warranty. Prior to this I created a system image as the Hard Disc was going to be replaced. Having now received the repaired laptop I have been trying to restore the saved image. I watched...
I apologise if this is the wrong section, this isnt strictly a BSOD crash. Yesterday when shutting down my laptop (which has been upgraded to windows 8 Pro Previously, without issue) windows 8 installed an update. Since then, when trying to boot, windows hangs on the loading scree (spinning...
Hey guys! My friends owns a Razer Megaladon headset, that he daily uses to talk to me via skype. Every time he becomes silent, or whispers, breathes in the mic etc. it makes the auto adjust go mad. I am quite certain that it isn't skype, because I know that the Windows 8 version of Skype...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook