XP - One Year To Go

Iceland make-a good country for kicking bank-a-man out, and it make-a model for rest of world, but that still doesn't make-a oil to be a fossil fuel. The Earth make-a all by itself!!!

Interesting grammar from a New Yorker.

We make-a melting pot but when crazy Mayor Bloomberg want to make-a stop-and-a-frisk, the pot usually is no melting but it make-a burning like-a oil.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Viewing through Windows 7, me like-a-discuss 8 though
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Make-A-Meself
    CPU
    Electrons flow to, through and out of it
    Motherboard
    It has a wire, very small, many many
    Memory
    It remember
    Graphics Card(s)
    It make video
    Browser
    Firefox show me good view
    Antivirus
    Kaspersky make-a-the-bad-go-away
I can see that you'll go far and quite possibly at a rapid pace.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64
Iceland make-a good country for kicking bank-a-man out, and it make-a model for rest of world, but that still doesn't make-a oil to be a fossil fuel. The Earth make-a all by itself!!!

Hi there

NY is probably like central London -- probably English is not the first language of over HALF the citizens -- last time I was in NY I never did find a Taxi driver or even a Bus driver who spoke English as a first language.

In London it's the same -- although it's spread now to Shop assistants, Restaurant Waiters, Hotel staff and Bars as well.

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)

Hi there

NY is probably like central London -- probably English is not the first language of over HALF the citizens -- last time I was in NY I never did find a Taxi driver or even a Bus driver who spoke English as a first language.

In London it's the same -- although it's spread now to Shop assistants, Restaurant Waiters, Hotel staff and Bars as well.

Cheers
jimbo

And who writes anything using '-a' at the end of words? Maybe someone attempting poor, disparaging, humour.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64

Hi there

Cheers
jimbo

And who writes anything using '-a' at the end of words? Maybe someone attempting poor, disparaging, humour.

Hi there

What about that dreadful TV series -- I'm a Celebrity --Get me Outt-a here.

We do though seem to have come a long way from the title of the thread -- none of this stuff has anything to do with XP. !!!!

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
Back on topic, XP will outlast Windows 8.

My Computer

System One

• OS
On another note, why does the US use month/day/year instead of day/month/year?

Because.

And that is the best answer you're going to get. ;)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Pssh. Who buys prebuilts?
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-2600k 3.4 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual Asus 22" Widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    OCZ SSD boot drive. Spinny secondary drive.
    Case
    Diablotek
    Cooling
    Air
    Keyboard
    Razer BlackWidow Toureny edition.
    Mouse
    Logitech
    Internet Speed
    50 down 10 up
    Browser
    FireFox
    Antivirus
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. AV is for noobs.
    Other Info
    I like Macs.
That's why I hate foogin Dark-Ages ReligioRepukicans. My DAD was a real Republican, he was proud of it, I was proud of him, he would have hated what that party has become. One thing he used to be adamant about was the complete separation of Crutch and State.

And the founders were adamant about freedom OF religion. The freedom to practice it as you wish, when you wish. Not this freedom FROM religion that is sought after today.

Our government can't establish a religion of the state. People are free to practice any religion individually. If a government official wants to pray or start a speech with a prayer to his or her religion, they should be free to do so and feel free to do so. That IS freedom of religion.

By separation I think you mean exclusion of religion from government events. It is not the intent of the bill of rights to suppress freedom of religion because something is being done by the government. It's government that is not allowed to regulate or suppress religion.

Individuals are free to practice religion. The government should not establish or deny religion or the practice of religion. A speaker at a government event saying a prayer is not a government establishing a church or religion. The only thing that does that is a piece of paper that says "The government of the United States declares that <insert religion> is now the official religion of the country." So long as that doesn't happen, pray to your hearts content free people.

I believe freedom should trump governmental control. Government should be hands off and not controlling when it comes to religion.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Pssh. Who buys prebuilts?
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-2600k 3.4 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual Asus 22" Widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    OCZ SSD boot drive. Spinny secondary drive.
    Case
    Diablotek
    Cooling
    Air
    Keyboard
    Razer BlackWidow Toureny edition.
    Mouse
    Logitech
    Internet Speed
    50 down 10 up
    Browser
    FireFox
    Antivirus
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. AV is for noobs.
    Other Info
    I like Macs.
That's why I hate foogin Dark-Ages ReligioRepukicans. My DAD was a real Republican, he was proud of it, I was proud of him, he would have hated what that party has become. One thing he used to be adamant about was the complete separation of Crutch and State.

And the founders were adamant about freedom OF religion. The freedom to practice it as you wish, when you wish. Not this freedom FROM religion that is sought after today.

The First Amendment reads:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Looks pretty clear to me. Would you be ok if organizers of government events pray to Allah, Buddha, or any other make-belief beings? Why should I, a baby eating, cat burning, devil worshipping atheist should endure your preaching of a fictional character? Pray in your own home and leave us sinners and infidels alone.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
[h=1]Expert on Windows XP’s Retirement: The Next Two Months Are Critical[/h]
Windows XP will stop receiving support as of April 8, 2014, but only a few users and businesses seem to get Microsoft’s message to upgrade to a newer OS.

But according to Kevin Beadon, head of workspace & mobility at GlassHouse Technologies, the next two months are critical for the Windows XP transition, as many businesses and end-users could run out of time if they don’t decide to upgrade anytime soon.

“Those that fail to implement a migration or contingency plan over the next couple of months will risk not being able to move their applications in time and come next April’s cut off point, may face compliance issues,” he told to ComputerWeekly.

Expert on Windows XP?s Retirement: The Next Two Months Are Critical

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
    Around 13 million employes
Hi there.

Again the old "Ya Ya" of -- Don't run an old OS - because there won't be any security updates --- Isn't it about time that people like Ms should understand that there are literally MILLIONS of XP systems around the world that run old Engineering / Laboratory / robust Industrial hardware on often dedicated systems where it doesn't matter TWO HOOTS whether any updates are provided for the OS or not.

I'll bet the so called experts in the article posted above probably don't even know what an Engineering factory actually DOES -- far less having ever been INSIDE one.

Sometimes honestly I feel that a lot of I.T people who work for people like Ms etc should step out of their Ivory towers and take a look around into the REAL world outside the traditional "Workstation" environment where a load of people are just running basic desktop apps where updating the OS might make sense.

Try visiting a small Engineering factory where a machine tool costing possibly 200,000 USD is being operated by a person at an XP workstation -- the original manufacturer of the machine tool might not be in business any more or for all sorts of reasons providing a new driver / software application for the machine to run on W7 just isn't worth the expense.

These businesses aren't going to pay this sort of money to replace perfectly serviceable equipment that might still be functioning in 30 years time.

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)

The First Amendment reads:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Looks pretty clear to me. Would you be ok if organizers of government events pray to Allah, Buddha, or any other make-belief beings? Why should I, a baby eating, cat burning, devil worshiping atheist should endure your preaching of a fictional character? Pray in your own home and leave us sinners and infidels alone.
I thought when I started this thread it was to notify folks that XP only had a year left. Now for some reason we are talking religion. Please don't get me wrong, albeit when did XP become a religious following; yeah I know there are some real XP diehards out there, but come on people it really is just a dieing OS (where is Lord Elvis when you need him). . .:huh:

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8, (VM win7, XP, Vista)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Pavilion p1423w
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 3330 Ivy Bridge
    Motherboard
    Foxconn - 2ADA Ivy Brige
    Memory
    16 GB 1066MHz DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    Sound Card
    HD Realteck (Onboard)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Mitsubishi LED TV/Montior HD, Dell 23 HD, Hanspree 25" HD
    Screen Resolution
    Mit. 1980-1080, Dell 2048-115, Hanspree 1920-10802
    Hard Drives
    1 SanDisk 240Gig SSD, 2 Samsung 512Gig SSDs
    Case
    Tower
    Cooling
    Original (Fans)
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Keyboard 2000
    Mouse
    Microsoft Optical Mouse 5000
    Internet Speed
    1.3 (350 to 1024 if lucky)
    Browser
    Firefox 19.1
    Antivirus
    MSE-Defender
It's probably a bit like Windows 8 religion, to be 'touched'.

My Computer

System One

• OS
It's probably a bit like Windows 8 religion, to be 'touched'.

That is DEFINITELY cokie's religion. LOL

@Jimbo45, I am a citizen of the USA and it pains me to see how timid my fellow citizens have been regarding the globalist banking cretins which manufacture "fiat" currency.

I have the most respect for Iceland and the people they have done what few countries have ....remove the tyrannical "money changers" from power in their own country. Well done Iceland!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 7 home premium 64 bit
I can't see that XP would stop working for some reason. If it's used in dedicated devices that are not superseded and not used for general computing and internet access (or without controls), then I can't see why it can't go on for as long as required.

Exactly - Which is why I mentioned that some SMOG machines in Ca use Windows 95!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro with Media Center/Windows 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus M2N-MX SE Plus § DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2300 MHz (11.5 x 200) 4400+ § Corsair Value Select
    CPU
    AMD 4400+/4200+
    Motherboard
    Asus M2N-MX SE Plus/Asus A8M2N-LA (NodusM)
    Memory
    2 GB/3GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 8400 GS/GeForce 210
    Sound Card
    nVIDIA GT218 - High Definition Audio Controller
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hitachi 40" LCD HDTV
    Screen Resolution
    "1842 x 1036"
    Hard Drives
    WDC WD50 00AAKS-007AA SCSI Disk Device
    ST1000DL 002-9TT153 SCSI Disk Device
    WDC WD3200AAJB-00J3A0 ATA Device
    WDC WD32 WD-WCAPZ2942630 USB Device
    WD My Book 1140 USB Device
    PSU
    Works 550w
    Case
    MSI "M-Box"
    Cooling
    Water Cooled
    Keyboard
    Dell Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Intellimouse
    Internet Speed
    Cable Medium Speed
    Browser
    Chrome/IE 10
    Antivirus
    Eset NOD32 6.x/Win Defend
    Other Info
    Recently lost my Windows 8 on my main PC, had to go back to Windows 7.
...The freedom to practice it as you wish, when you wish. Not this freedom FROM religion that is sought after today.

Our government can't establish a religion of the state.

Yet, if the freedom OF religion is a major tenet, then freedom FROM it MUST have been a tacit concern as there were many atheists including Ben Franklin, who singed some of those early government documents.

And the last part, the government cannot make a STATE RELIGION, or, in other words, insist on an "Approved Religion" - Religion CANNOT be practiced from the White House or the Capitol Building, it MUST be practiced in the PRIVACY of one's own home or place of worthship, WORTHSHIP, that is what the words means, to "Prove your Worth" - Well, to try to shove Biblical Principles into our SECULAR government, is hypocritical.

Churches who practice politics MUST be taxed. It is the only way to stop it, because the moment they stop teaching about their God, and start teaching POLITICS, they are mo longer a religion, they have become a political party, and as such need to he held accountable to paying their TAXES.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro with Media Center/Windows 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus M2N-MX SE Plus § DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2300 MHz (11.5 x 200) 4400+ § Corsair Value Select
    CPU
    AMD 4400+/4200+
    Motherboard
    Asus M2N-MX SE Plus/Asus A8M2N-LA (NodusM)
    Memory
    2 GB/3GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 8400 GS/GeForce 210
    Sound Card
    nVIDIA GT218 - High Definition Audio Controller
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hitachi 40" LCD HDTV
    Screen Resolution
    "1842 x 1036"
    Hard Drives
    WDC WD50 00AAKS-007AA SCSI Disk Device
    ST1000DL 002-9TT153 SCSI Disk Device
    WDC WD3200AAJB-00J3A0 ATA Device
    WDC WD32 WD-WCAPZ2942630 USB Device
    WD My Book 1140 USB Device
    PSU
    Works 550w
    Case
    MSI "M-Box"
    Cooling
    Water Cooled
    Keyboard
    Dell Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Intellimouse
    Internet Speed
    Cable Medium Speed
    Browser
    Chrome/IE 10
    Antivirus
    Eset NOD32 6.x/Win Defend
    Other Info
    Recently lost my Windows 8 on my main PC, had to go back to Windows 7.
...The freedom to practice it as you wish, when you wish. Not this freedom FROM religion that is sought after today.

Our government can't establish a religion of the state.

Yet, if the freedom OF religion is a major tenet, then freedom FROM it MUST have been a tacit concern as there were many atheists including Ben Franklin, who singed some of those early government documents.

And the last part, the government cannot make a STATE RELIGION, or, in other words, insist on an "Approved Religion" - Religion CANNOT be practiced from the White House or the Capitol Building, it MUST be practiced in the PRIVACY of one's own home or place of worthship, WORTHSHIP, that is what the words means, to "Prove your Worth" - Well, to try to shove Biblical Principles into our SECULAR government, is hypocritical.

Churches who practice politics MUST be taxed. It is the only way to stop it, because the moment they stop teaching about their God, and start teaching POLITICS, they are mo longer a religion, they have become a political party, and as such need to he held accountable to paying their TAXES.

Please let get off of religion, this is not a site that goes into these topics. If you want religion then go to Neowin; just not here. This is a tech site only. . .:thumbsup:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8, (VM win7, XP, Vista)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Pavilion p1423w
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 3330 Ivy Bridge
    Motherboard
    Foxconn - 2ADA Ivy Brige