Windows 8 Broke 7, 30 Day Music Business Test Results.

I suppose the big question here is why Rhapsody does not work with Windows 8. Whether its use as described here is legal is not the issue at hand. I have to wonder if there's some proprietary format that Rhapsody uses and Windows Media Player (WMP) no longer supports. I know next to nothing about Rhapsody. I have used WMP for years, and most of the time anymore I use that fuirt company app that begins with an "i" and ends with "Tunes" - with no problems. The i-app and WMP can handle MP3, WMA or even that other format that the i-app likes. The latter app doesn't play WMA format songs directly but it can convert them to MP3 for play.

(From what I can find on their web site, Rhapsody lets you download MP3-format songs. So what's the deal? Is there some Rhapsody interface for WMP that no longer works? If the songs are in MP3 format surely WMP or almost any other player can play them.)

I found this on the Rhapsody site:

Adam (Lead Software Development Engineer) 15 days ago
We're looking into a Windows 8 app that takes advantage of the new "Metro" design.

In the meantime, both the website and existing Windows app will work on Windows 8.

Use the Desktop version of Internet Explorer with the website so that the music continues playing when you switch to another application.

So now I am even more confused.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 x64
There's nothing to be confused about. The guy was a troll. Everything he said was false, and made up. None of it makes any sense.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650