Windows 8 already accounts for 10% of W7 Steam

There is a question about how representative those figures are.

The overall success of w 8 ( or lack of it ) seems relevant to that.

There is a possibility that those using a new os/s - perhaps a gift they got Xmas - are more likely to want to mention it.

It is also possible that although w 8 overall sales haven't been great - an oddly large proportion of those w 8 users happen to use steam - and also happen to want to participate in the survey.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
well you can sat that number went up a little lol i just went to win 8 a few days ago. and i use steam as well i love win 8 and steam works quit well.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Myself
    CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Motherboard
    MSI Z77A-G45
    Memory
    8 gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    PNY GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    Sound Card
    onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung Sync Master s27B550
    Screen Resolution
    1080p
    Hard Drives
    1 TB internal driver and one 1TB external drive.
    PSU
    Antec NeoECO 620 watt
    Case
    custom case
    Cooling
    Fans
    Keyboard
    steelseries apex
    Mouse
    stellseris sensel
    Internet Speed
    Unknowen
    Browser
    Google chrome
    Antivirus
    Norton 360 from comcast
Everyone I know who got a PC for Christmas got one that came preloaded with Win8. Most of those have contacted me and asked me what to do and I strongly recommend Classic Shell. That seems to have worked for most, but there are a few who want me to backdate their PC's to Win7. Some of these folks are Steam users (gamers) and they seem to like Win8 more than the "casual users" who don't want anything to change.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home built Intel i7-3770k-based system
    CPU
    Intel i7-3770k, Overclocked to 4.6GHz (46x100) with Corsair H110i GT cooler
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z77 OC Formula 2.30 BIOS
    Memory
    32GB DDR3 2133 Corsair Vengeance Pro
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce GTX 980ti SC ACS 6GB DDR5 by EVGA
    Sound Card
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD, Corsair SP2500 speakers and subwoofer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG 27EA33 [Monitor] (27.2"vis) HDMI
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (system drive)
    WD 6TB Red NAS hard drives x 2 in Storage Spaces (redundancy)
    PSU
    Corsair 750ax fully modular power supply with sleeved cables
    Case
    Corsair Air 540 with 7 x 140mm fans on front, rear and top panels
    Cooling
    Corsair H110i GT liquid cooled CPU with 4 x 140" Corsair SP "push-pull" and 3 x 140mm fans
    Keyboard
    Thermaltake Poseidon Z illuminated keyboard
    Mouse
    Corsair M65 wired
    Internet Speed
    85MBps DSL
    Browser
    Chrome and Edge
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, MalwareBytes Pro and CCleaner Pro
    Other Info
    Client of Windows Server 2012 R2 10 PC's, laptops and smartphones on the WLAN.

1GBps Ethernet ports
I think you are doing a disservice to your friends to automatically and strongly recommend a start menu replacement. You should instead, teach them how to use Windows 8, and only if they are highly resistant to it recommend a start menu replacement.

Classic shell is also not a good tool to recommend because it replaces system files and may cause problems with windows updates, but those people probably won't know how to deal with that.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Auria 27" IPS + 2x Samsung 23"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Corsair m4 256GB, 2 WD 2TB drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
I understand, but I didn't have to teach them how to use the previous versions of Windows and I'm not a "teacher" by any means. I simply recommend a solution that will ghet them up and running and out of my hair as quickly as possible, if you know what I mean. It's very telling to me that these people, who are very familiar with previous versions of Windows, cannot figure out how to do simple, menial tasks in Windows 8. Just yesterday, I couldn't figure out how to print in the Microsoft PDF tool. I had forgotten about the "Control-P" command.... There was no "Print" on the screen, which there really should be....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home built Intel i7-3770k-based system
    CPU
    Intel i7-3770k, Overclocked to 4.6GHz (46x100) with Corsair H110i GT cooler
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z77 OC Formula 2.30 BIOS
    Memory
    32GB DDR3 2133 Corsair Vengeance Pro
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce GTX 980ti SC ACS 6GB DDR5 by EVGA
    Sound Card
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD, Corsair SP2500 speakers and subwoofer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG 27EA33 [Monitor] (27.2"vis) HDMI
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (system drive)
    WD 6TB Red NAS hard drives x 2 in Storage Spaces (redundancy)
    PSU
    Corsair 750ax fully modular power supply with sleeved cables
    Case
    Corsair Air 540 with 7 x 140mm fans on front, rear and top panels
    Cooling
    Corsair H110i GT liquid cooled CPU with 4 x 140" Corsair SP "push-pull" and 3 x 140mm fans
    Keyboard
    Thermaltake Poseidon Z illuminated keyboard
    Mouse
    Corsair M65 wired
    Internet Speed
    85MBps DSL
    Browser
    Chrome and Edge
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, MalwareBytes Pro and CCleaner Pro
    Other Info
    Client of Windows Server 2012 R2 10 PC's, laptops and smartphones on the WLAN.

1GBps Ethernet ports
The interesting part is the media and forum posters needing to advertise the results of an optional survey to defend the "popularity" of Windows 8. It's amazing how many news outlets are latching onto this fairly useless stat and using it as a springboard for "see I told you this is the most awesome OS ever". It's a climb, whoopee - tells me a lot of people are still buying PCs, or have upgraded and taken advantage of the cost.

I upgraded, I'm using 8 - it shows up on my Steam survey - would I say I "like" or am happy with Windows 8? I'd say it was a sidegrade from Windows 7, nothing earthshattering - and if given the chance to do it again, I probably wouldv'e waited because it's no big deal.

Show me some useful information - like a comparison between how fast Win7 usage climbed in the same time period after release etc., that would show how amazing or dismal this stat even is or if it's even newsworthy. Because right now people using this to defend their Win8 is about as funny as people that use Xfire stats to say a game is dying.

And what determines the programs that show up installed on the survey? Maybe it should detect ClassicShell, Start8 and all the others.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
Graph

Show me some useful information - like a comparison between how fast Win7 usage climbed in the same time period after release etc., that would show how amazing or dismal this stat even is or if it's even newsworthy. Because right now people using this to defend their Win8 is about as funny as people that use Xfire stats to say a game is dying.

Here is a graph.

Windows 8 Falls Behind Even the Maligned Vista - Legit Reviews
Windows 8 proving less popular than Vista | KitGuru

Windows Uptake (2012-12-27).jpg

Maybe it should detect ClassicShell, Start8 and all the others.

That would be interesting.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Linux Mint 18.3 MATE (64 bit)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    n/a
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T, 2.8 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASRock 880GMH-LE/USB3
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 1333 G-Skill Ares F3-1333C9D-8GAO (4GB x 2)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD6450
    Sound Card
    Realtek?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung S23B350
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (SATA), Western Digital 2 TB (SATA), Western Digital 3 TB (SATA)
    Case
    Tower
    Mouse
    Wired Optical
    Other Info
    Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit) - 2014-05-17
    Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-11-13
    Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-01-14
    RAM & Graphics Card Upgraded - 2013-01-13
    Monitor Upgraded - 2012-04-20
    System Upgraded - 2011-05-21, 2010-07-14
    HDD Upgraded - 2010-08-11, 2011-08-24,
There is a print button. It's in the Devices Charm. Move to the right side of the screen and bring up the charms bar, choose devices, send to printer.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
IF, the app supports printing. An app like Bing Weather or Finance doesn't need to print.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
Good ol' Gabe Newell apparently still doesn't like Windows 8. This time, he doesn't cite the distribution of apps or anything like that, it's because he's disappointed that a modern OS doesn't cause people to buy new PC hardware or go buy a new PC JUST because there is a new version.... So essentially, he said he'd rather have Windows 8 be more like vista were it demanded higher end hardware and new PCs to run the bloody OS. Rather idiotic notion I say.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
Well, one thing Windows 8 has done was give people something to do. It's spurred more wasted time, whining, justifications, and complaining about it than all the complaints about political parties combined.

Windows 8, the OS people love to hate. If it weren't around, people would find themselves with nothing to do.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
Well, one thing Windows 8 has done was give people something to do. It's spurred more wasted time, whining, justifications, and complaining about it than all the complaints about political parties combined.

Windows 8, the OS people love to hate. If it weren't around, people would find themselves with nothing to do.

:roflmao::roflmao:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Media Center Edition
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom Made
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 750
    Memory
    6 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD HD 7750
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Iiyama ProLite B2481HS-B1
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    1x 120 GB SSD Samsung 830;
    1x 1.5 TB HDD Seagate;
    1x 2 TB HDD Western Digital;
    1x 3 TB HDD Seagate
    1x 80 GB SSD Vertex 2
    PSU
    Corsair CX 600
    Case
    Corsair Carbide 300R with Side Window
    Cooling
    Intel RTS2011 LC
    Keyboard
    DasKeyboard (blue switches)
    Mouse
    Wacom Baboo Tablet Pen & Touch
    Internet Speed
    50 Mbit FullDuplex Fiberglass
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    I also own the following Microsoft devices:
    * Surface Pro 2 128 GB
    * Windows Phone HTC 8X

And without the kettles, the pots would have nothing to do.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64
I think you are doing a disservice to your friends to automatically and strongly recommend a start menu replacement. You should instead, teach them how to use Windows 8, and only if they are highly resistant to it recommend a start menu replacement.

Classic shell is also not a good tool to recommend because it replaces system files and may cause problems with windows updates, but those people probably won't know how to deal with that.

Mystere, Classic Shell does not replace ANY system files and does not cause problems with Windows Updates. Millions use it daily and there have been over 3 million downloads since it started. Every week now there are about 150,000 or more downloads. It's not just about getting used to change or learning to use the Start screen. The Start menu besides being more familiar and more usable (for mouse and keyboard) also packs in tons and tons of functions and features that the Start screen slyly omitted. If you are just a casual user, you may not notice these missing features but that's what Microsoft has been doing for quite some time now. Simplifying for the lowest common denominator so users who are well-versed with Windows are robbed of features. Here's how I feel the Start Menu was in general superior to the Start screen:

- No full-screen requirement, it doesn't disturb your workflow and gets out of the way quickly
- Search in the Start screen does not return indexed folder locations
- Search in the Start screen does not return Outlook or Windows Mail content like emails etc
- Start Menu has quicker access to shutdown commands
- Start Menu has quicker access to special folders just 1 click away and expandable
- Expandable Recent documents
- Start Menu has jump lists for pinning recent documents associated with that program
- Start Menu has automatic managed frequently used programs list, no need to manually figure out which are your frequent programs and manually pin them
- Neatly organized All Programs list by folders instead of one flat view which quickly becomes a mess and requires heavy organization
- Does not cover the Taskbar and the notification area
- Search results are in a single unified list of Programs, Files and Settings for easy up/down arrow key keyboard navigation
- Many context menu actions for programs not present in Start screen. Whatever limited context menu actions Start Screen has are at the bottom of the screen which means more movement between the tile and the bottom actions
- No context menu options available at all for settings and files on the Start screen
- Start Menu can launch multiple apps quickly by holding down Shift without the menu closing
- Less items fit on the screen at a time due to the large size which means more scrolling unnecessarily for keyboard and mouse users
- The hot corner has poor discoverability

These are what I would say just the 'tip of the iceberg'. If you compare the Start menu vs screen objectively, you will find the Start screen just omitted large amounts of functionality in favor of "simplifying" it. The only advantage it has is live tiles but again you can have desktop programs running in the tray or gadgets on the desktop (which can also be set to be on top of your application windows) which will notify you of "live" stuff

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Microsoft Windows
    Other Info
    I do the testing and give feedback on User Experience and ideas for Classic Shell.

Mystere, Classic Shell does not replace ANY system files and does not cause problems with Windows Updates. Millions use it daily and there have been over 3 million downloads since it started. Every week now there are about 150,000 or more downloads. It's not just about getting used to change or learning to use the Start screen. The Start menu besides being more familiar and more usable (for mouse and keyboard) also packs in tons and tons of functions and features that the Start screen slyly omitted. If you are just a casual user, you may not notice these missing features but that's what Microsoft has been doing for quite some time now. Simplifying for the lowest common denominator so users who are well-versed with Windows are robbed of features. Here's how I feel the Start Menu was in general superior to the Start screen:

- No full-screen requirement, it doesn't disturb your workflow and gets out of the way quickly
- Search in the Start screen does not return indexed folder locations
- Search in the Start screen does not return Outlook or Windows Mail content like emails etc
- Start Menu has quicker access to shutdown commands
- Start Menu has quicker access to special folders just 1 click away and expandable
- Expandable Recent documents
- Start Menu has jump lists for pinning recent documents associated with that program
- Start Menu has automatic managed frequently used programs list, no need to manually figure out which are your frequent programs and manually pin them
- Neatly organized All Programs list by folders instead of one flat view which quickly becomes a mess and requires heavy organization
- Does not cover the Taskbar and the notification area
- Search results are in a single unified list of Programs, Files and Settings for easy up/down arrow key keyboard navigation
- Many context menu actions for programs not present in Start screen. Whatever limited context menu actions Start Screen has are at the bottom of the screen which means more movement between the tile and the bottom actions
- No context menu options available at all for settings and files on the Start screen
- Start Menu can launch multiple apps quickly by holding down Shift without the menu closing
- Less items fit on the screen at a time due to the large size which means more scrolling unnecessarily for keyboard and mouse users
- The hot corner has poor discoverability

These are what I would say just the 'tip of the iceberg'. If you compare the Start menu vs screen objectively, you will find the Start screen just omitted large amounts of functionality in favor of "simplifying" it. The only advantage it has is live tiles but again you can have desktop programs running in the tray or gadgets on the desktop (which can also be set to be on top of your application windows) which will notify you of "live" stuff

I'll provide the counterargument...

-The Start Screen doesn't disturb much, it's just full screen, unless if you hang out there for five minutes.
-Search in Start results in indexed files, which may or may not be better than the folder. If you're looking for a folder, you're looking for a file most of the time.
-I don't search for Outlook files.
-Charms bar provides the VERY same thing, if you have touch or touch gesturing or a mouse, it's quicker than the menu.
-The Start Screen also provides the VERY same thing with special folders. If you need special folders, they're a pin away from being there.
-The Recent list is something of a vestige of old start menu days, VERY few people use it and the ones that do generally use that on xp than anything. There is a Recent Places list in Explorer to replace that. Even Windows 7 didn't have that by default, which goes to say something.
-This isn't a biggie, could be for some, but if you're working on a Word document, you can open up Word (2010, 2013) and see the Recent list right away in 2013. Seeing as the program can already do that and that's the hugely done action it seems, the program does that.
-The MFU list in theory works like that, but in practice doesn't always. Even still, by default, you only see like about 10-12 items on there with the start menu. Start Screen however, that jumps to about 40 depending on resolution. You have to pin things you need, unpin things you don't. This is the problem with the start menu as you don't visually SEE the folders you have to go into or the mess of programs installed that might be in a folder, might at the top of the All Programs list. A normal user isn't going to take time to organize something they never have to see. The Desktop is an example, with Windows 7, how people cleaned up their Desktops to be usually bare and have pins on the Taskbar. Having those pins on the Taskbar reduces the need for the menu, and in effect becomes the MFU list of the menu.
-Search results generally result like that in the Start Screen, they're just filtered, although I'd prefer to see the results in a horizontally scrollable view.
-Again, if you get confused easily, not seeing what's already open in your Taskbar could be an issue. Seeing as the Start Screen holds Desktop app shortcuts, it's not difficult. You have eight windows and seven programs running, you need Word. You go to Start, open Word, commence.
-Not too sure what you mean about the context menu actions.
-I never realized the start menu could launch multiple programs like that, seems unintuitive and requires training to learn.
-I've tested this notion that fewer things can be seen on the Start Screen versus the menu. It's moot. By default, a start menu that shows 10 items on the MFU list is nothing compared to about 40 items on the screen. Crank up the menu's default to about 20-25 (my screen resolution needs to be higher to view 25 items) and still, fewer items are shown versus the Start Screen. Then, with that menu's cranked up defaults to where it has now covered a third of the Desktop and head over to the All Programs list, I remember with my list, I have 38 programs visible. At the time, my Start Screen was full of smaller tiles and I was able to view about 50-52 tiles. The reason why I find this to be better than the menu is because Start is visual and doesn't require five pixels to accurately hit something, versus about 30 pixels. Quicker and easier to hit a tile versus a program entry.
-I never realized corners are difficult to find.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
Mystere, Classic Shell does not replace ANY system files and does not cause problems with Windows Updates.

I was under the impression that Classic Shell used components from Windows 7. Maybe that was a different shell replacement, but I thought it was classic shell.

In any event, lots and lots of people seem to be having problems with Windows updates, and as far as I can tell, most of them have installing a third party shell replacement in common.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
Mystere, Classic Shell does not replace ANY system files and does not cause problems with Windows Updates.

I was under the impression that Classic Shell used components from Windows 7. Maybe that was a different shell replacement, but I thought it was classic shell.

In any event, lots and lots of people seem to be having problems with Windows updates, and as far as I can tell, most of them have installing a third party shell replacement in common.

That's because Windows 8 RTM had many issues with the servicing stack (the mechanism by which updates are installed) and there are numerous updates for the servicing stack itself. :) Their technology in Windows to install patches called Component Based Servicing is problematic and rubbish. Many times updates fail to install for many users and it bloats your disk and requires the user to perform manual disk cleanup of superseded updates. In XP, there was an option while installing updates to not bloat the HDD but it was taken away in Vista and later.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Microsoft Windows
    Other Info
    I do the testing and give feedback on User Experience and ideas for Classic Shell.
I may have just upped that percentage. XD I just upgraded to win8 pro, and have been playing Skyrim.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 7 home premium 64bit

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Media Center Edition
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom Made
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 750
    Memory
    6 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD HD 7750
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Iiyama ProLite B2481HS-B1
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    1x 120 GB SSD Samsung 830;
    1x 1.5 TB HDD Seagate;
    1x 2 TB HDD Western Digital;
    1x 3 TB HDD Seagate
    1x 80 GB SSD Vertex 2
    PSU
    Corsair CX 600
    Case
    Corsair Carbide 300R with Side Window
    Cooling
    Intel RTS2011 LC
    Keyboard
    DasKeyboard (blue switches)
    Mouse
    Wacom Baboo Tablet Pen & Touch
    Internet Speed
    50 Mbit FullDuplex Fiberglass
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    I also own the following Microsoft devices:
    * Surface Pro 2 128 GB
    * Windows Phone HTC 8X
For my applications I couldn't do without the Desktop. So I put everything there, and now I hardly ever need the Start Screen. So for me, Windows 8 isn't a big improvement over the older versions. But I don't see why so many people make a fuss about "not seeing the Desktop" and about the Start Screen "getting in the way." When you boot up, it only takes one extra second to click the "Desktop" tile. (And there are ways of booting directly to the Desktop, which I haven't even bothered with because it's not important enough.)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 8
    HP 23-D030
Back