Solved Windows 8.1 Pro Automatic Repair Error

Did you add Recuva to SIW2 Recovery USB drive?
If YES, try running RECUVA to try & find the files.

Yes I did add recuva. I will try that when I get home late this evening. If that cannot find my files am I pretty much screwed?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
Hard to tell. Recuva is pretty good.

You can take a screenshot and post it up. It is a touch fiddly, click the menu item that says shot, then

imagine1.jpg

click start and it will minimise

imagine2.jpg

When you are ready to take the screenie, ctrl+F11 and it will pop up asking where you want to save the pic to.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Did you add Recuva to SIW2 Recovery USB drive?
If YES, try running RECUVA to try & find the files.

You can take a screenshot and post it up. It is a touch fiddly, click the menu item that says shot, then

View attachment 37199

View attachment 37200

When you are ready to take the screenie, ctrl+F11 and it will pop up asking where you want to save the pic to.

Okay well I will definitely try recuva when I get home and post a screenshot if it doesnt work... I hope to god it does, I never made a backup of my entire drive(stupid me I know) but never had any problems ever on win7.

Thank you everyone for your help thus far. When I have the time I will go through and rep a bunch :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro

Here are some screens of my drives available and what I see in Recuva... In recuva I see a bunch of random package files among other random .dll and stuff... not really any files I recognize...

Edit: The scan I did in Recuva was the basic scan, I just selected the options for a deep scan and scan for non-deleted files (for recovery from damaged or reformatted disks)

Edit 2: I did the deep scan and it found almost 3 million files, i see some pictures and music files. I would say 90% I have no clue what they are... Should I just copy all these files to an external drive??

Attachments

• Captured_000.png
    Captured_000.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Captured_000.png
    Captured_000.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
Would say, most of your DATA will be in the folder called USERS.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
Would say, most of your DATA will be in the folder called USERS.

Yeah when I view that with the browser it shows next to nothing in all my major folders... I'm just gonna copy all these files recuva found to an external (I need to buy a 2tb External first)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
Also take a look in found.000.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info