Solved Preinstalled Windows 8.1 but installed windows 8

Maybe someone else can answer if OEM version is different from Core version and if the key will work. I have never had to go through this myself and honestly don't know.

OEM license is built in BIOS right? so it has nothing to do with hard disk wipe?

Right, the license key is there, just have to get 8.1 installed and it should see it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Acer V3 771G-6443
    CPU
    i5-3230m
    Motherboard
    Acer VA70_HC (U3E1)
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 (800 MHz)
    Graphics Card(s)
    HD4000 + GeForce GT 730M
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" Generic PnP Display on Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB
    ADATA SSD SP900 128GB
    PSU
    90 watt brick
    Mouse
    Bluetooth
    Antivirus
    Comodo
    Other Info
    Asus RT-AC56R dual-band WRT router (Merlin firmware). Intel 7260.HMWWB.R dual-band ac wireless adapter.
Those KB files are not running:cry:

it says "The update is not appicable to your computer"

Did you install the updates listed in the install instructions on the link I provided first?

yeah i have just gone through it it says system req : win 8.1 ?

No, under the install instructions it list specifically some updates you must apply to Windows 8, before you can upgrade to 8.1. This is also why the 8.1 upgrade is not showing up in the store. After you install those updates, proceed to upgrade from the store, or from the file you downloaded manually from the link.
The KB in step 3 specifically, installing KB2919442 before anything else:

1. To start the download, click the Download button and then do one of the following, or select another language from Change Language and then click Change.
      • Click Run to start the installation immediately.
      • Click Save to copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time.
    2. These KB's must be installed in the following order: clearcompressionflag.exe, KB2919355, KB2932046, KB2959977, KB2937592, KB2938439, and KB2934018.
    3. KB2919442 is a prerequisite for Windows 8.1 Update and should be installed before attempting to install KB2919355

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8 Pro
Did you install the updates listed in the install instructions on the link I provided first?

yeah i have just gone through it it says system req : win 8.1 ?
Capture.PNG

No, under the install instructions it list specifically some updates you must apply to Windows 8, before you can upgrade to 8.1. This is also why the 8.1 upgrade is not showing up in the store. After you install those updates, proceed to upgrade from the store, or from the file you downloaded manually from the link.
The KB in step 3 specifically, installing KB2919442 before anything else:

1. To start the download, click the Download button and then do one of the following, or select another language from Change Language and then click Change.
      • Click Run to start the installation immediately.
      • Click Save to copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time.
    2. These KB's must be installed in the following order: clearcompressionflag.exe, KB2919355, KB2932046, KB2959977, KB2937592, KB2938439, and KB2934018.
    3. KB2919442 is a prerequisite for Windows 8.1 Update and should be installed before attempting to install KB2919355
Capture.PNG

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G50-70
Yea, you have to go through the upgrade process from 8 or else get ISO. Nobody here can or will recommend torrent. Again, the people you bought it from should provide that. I would scream bloody murder until they did.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer V3 771G-6443
    CPU
    i5-3230m
    Motherboard
    Acer VA70_HC (U3E1)
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    HD4000 + GeForce GT 730M
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900 pixels
    Hard Drives
    ADATA SSD SP900 128GB
    PSU
    90 watt brick
    Mouse
    Bluetooth
    Antivirus
    Comodo
    Other Info
    Asus RT-AC56R dual-band WRT router (Merlin firmware). Intel 7260.HMWWB.R dual-band ac wireless adapter.
I'm sorry, my mistake, this is a Win 8.1 update, and I'm not sure which update to Window 8, allows you to successfully upgrade to 8.1

So, instead, allow Windows 8 to install all of its updates automatically through Windows update. After 8 is fully updated, you should then be able to proceed with upgrading to 8.1, and those updates should make the 8.1 upgrade appear in the store, or via windows update. The link and downloads I supplied seem to be targeted at a pre-existing 8.1 installation, and I apologize, for in my haste to help, I didn't put 2 and 2 together until now.

Allow Win 8 to update completely - this is required. Then upgrade to 8.1. Use your product key when prompted for activation.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8 Pro
Yea, you have to go through the upgrade process from 8 or else get ISO. Nobody here can or will recommend torrent. Again, the people you bought it from should provide that. I would scream bloody murder until they did.
yeah even i dont download from torrents,
i will ask those service guys :mad:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G50-70
I'm sorry, my mistake, this is a Win 8.1 update, and I'm not sure which update to Window 8, allows you to successfully upgrade to 8.1

So, instead, allow Windows 8 to install all of its updates automatically through Windows update. After 8 is fully updated, you should then be able to proceed with upgrading to 8.1, and those updates should make the 8.1 upgrade appear in the store, or via windows update. The link and downloads I supplied seem to be targeted at a pre-existing 8.1 installation, and I apologize, for in my haste to help, I didn't put 2 and 2 together until now.

Allow Win 8 to update completely. Then upgrade to 8.1. Use your product key when prompted for activation.

no problem buddy ;)

most probably i will get image file,
updating through internet will take lot of time for me :cry:
i have got 2MBps speed connection :think:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G50-70
You might have core single language. Not the same as core. You would need the right edition iso file.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
You might have core single language. Not the same as core. You would need the right edition iso file.

Extremely important point!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer V3 771G-6443
    CPU
    i5-3230m
    Motherboard
    Acer VA70_HC (U3E1)
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    HD4000 + GeForce GT 730M
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900 pixels
    Hard Drives
    ADATA SSD SP900 128GB
    PSU
    90 watt brick
    Mouse
    Bluetooth
    Antivirus
    Comodo
    Other Info
thanks alot for pointing out this one :D

i do remember the correct edition but at this very moment that did not struck me untill you pointed it out :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G50-70
Hi again

one of my friend got windows 8.1 RTM core single langugage
what is difference between RTM and build 9200 :rolleyes:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G50-70
RTM (Release To Manufacturers) and build number have no relationship as such... build is just a subset of the edition of Windows..the final build gets released as RTM.

Windows 8.0 RTM build is 9200 - Windows 8.1 RTM build is 9600.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    PC-DOS v1.0
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    IBM
    CPU
    Intel 8088, 4.77MHz
    Memory
    16K, 640K max