Solved Possible to install Win 8 x86 on a Win 8 x64 Preloaded PC?

I don't un derstand this net framework problem. Tis is what MS says here:

.NET Framework System Requirements

2014-12-05_2201.png

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    System Manufacturer/Model
    2xHP, 2xGateway, 1xDell, 1xSony
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
Net3 is supported on both x86 and x64 installations, but the feature in not enabled by default by windows setup.

So when you go into "programs and features" to enable it - it wants to download the needed file via windows update..

If you do not have an internet connection, setup will fail.. which is where he is at..

But the setup files he needs are located in the sources folder on the setup disk / usb -> thus the dism command

Net4 is enabled by default during windows setup..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB
OK, understand. I guess we'll have to fix his connection problem. I never had a connection problem in VMware Player - and I installed a couple dozen systems there - mostly Linux though but also 7 Beta, 8 Beta and RTM, 8.1 and 10 TP.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
Hey guys, sorry I havent been able to get back in the last few days to respond, but I wanted to give a solid THANKS so much to everyone, especially whs, for helping me with my issue.. After some tinkering here-and-there, I finally have gotten it to WORK... It t'was a great feeling, indeed. Bascially I had to enter a dism command, as someone else helped me with *thanks to u too*, and installed another .net framework executable file. Finally, it fired up.

So then, that brings me to my next dilemma. There is indeed a bit of a lag on the vm, however. Almost making it impossible to put to real-world usage. But, I installed it on a test system, which featured an i5 4550u intel processor with 4 GB RAM. I believe I only allotted 1 or 2 GB of RAM to the VM, and a very limited HDD space, as I wasn't working with much to begin with. It was really just a test-installation system. As I stated before, the system I will now be installiing it on is my Surface Pro III, i5, 8GB RAM and 256GB SDD. With the added RAM, do you guys think after it's installed it would run much better? Here's hoping. When I have to wait 7-8 seconds for each menu to populate on my program I use it just isn't possible to work on it ina real world application.

Any ideas how it'd perform on my Surface P III?

Thanks again, you guys are great!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
Mine is setup using the VMPlayer defaults 60GB hardrive, 2GB Ram and I selected 2 out of 8 cores. It seems pretty good..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB
I gave it 4GB and 3 cores. That is very fast.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
Hey guys.... Just wanted to update you. Got my Surface Pro III the other day, i5, 8GB RAM 256GB SSD... Installed VmWare on it last night and assigned it 2 cores and 4 GB RAM. Installed my program this morning, and honestly I cannot even tell the difference when Im in the virtual machine / not. Its extremely quick and responsive.

So then, I've accomplished my goal. Once again, thank you so much whs, and kyhi, without your guys' input I would never have been able to do this. The way I got around the Netframework issue was using the DISM commant suggested earlier and the SOURCES folder (for future reference) is the actual folder /sources on the windows ISO image/DVD. All I had to do was point it to that, and voila! it installed fine.

Thanks again, really appreciate the time you guys took with me to respond and such. Have a merry Xmas!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
Back