Microsoft wants you to forget Windows 8

Computerworld - As talk of the next Windows begins to build and some details of what most are calling for now either Windows 9 or Threshold come into focus, it's worthwhile to take a moment to remember Windows 8.

Because Microsoft will want everyone to forget it. And we will.
Unless the Redmond, Wash. technology company radically changes its habits, it will throw Windows 8 down a memory hole even before the successor ships. Just like it made Vista persona non grata in its official messaging in 2009, it will shove Windows 8 so far into the background that we'll need the Hubble telescope to find it.
More

Personally, I quite like Windows 8, especially 8.1 with update 1 and don't want to "forget about it". I will check out the Windows 9 consumer release, but unless it really has additional features that I really like, I will be more than happy to stay with Windows 8.

Yup, till Win 9 convince me - you'll regret if you don't have me, until then it's Win 8.1 Update all along :cool:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Update x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion 15
    CPU
    Haswell Core i5 4200U
    Memory
    8GB Dual-Channel DDR3L @1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD 4400 Integrated; 2GB Dedicated NVIDIA GT 740M
    Hard Drives
    500GB Samsung 840 EVO Internal SSD ;
    2TB WD MyPassport Ultra EHDD ;
    1TB TOSHIBA HDD
    Cooling
    Deepcool X6
    Mouse
    Logitech B175 Wireless Mouse
    Internet Speed
    10 Mbps
    Browser
    Opera v25.0
    Antivirus
    KIS 2014
    Other Info
    Microsoft Wired Xbox 360 Controller
Only enthusiasts would consider rolling back etc. The average punter hasn't a clue. Enthusiasts already know win7 is the best from MS by a league.

Hi there

Disagree with this one -- Enthusiasts run whatever THEY want to -- whether it's OLD, Niche or the latest. Enthusiasts still run WINDOWS 3.1 on actual old physical PC's of the era, record and still play MD's or even cassette tapes, ride Vintage motor cycles, fly old WWII planes and all sorts of other things. They will also try out brand new untested stuff, build their own gear and often get new (and often unproven) technology moving forwards long before bigger businesses start rolling it out.

Whatever else you say concerning the merits or otherwise of W8 -- your "Enthusiasts" argument just doesn't wash in any way whatsoever.

The REAL title of this thread should be Ms wants you to spend money -- what's so wrong with that - it's a BUSINESS -- not an unofficial branch of "Social Security". And like any CONSUMER if the product isn't fit for purpose - don't buy it - that way the business (in this case Ms) if it wants to stay in business will adapt the product to the consumers liking or roll something else out.

Cheers
jimbo

I agree with Jimbo.

A lot of tech junkies and old farts. Everyone loves a new toy. A lot of peeps want the first take on anything. If Win 9 is a success a lot of new owners will gloat and say I have one, MS is the best. If it's a failure, they will dump it and say MS makes trash.

MS's first big mistake
Windows-ME.jpg

This never gets old :cool:
Panhead_1948-1965.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMCE
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monster Rig
    CPU
    Intel® 4th Generation Core™ 4770K Unlocked Quad Core
    Motherboard
    ASUS Z87 A ATX LGA1150
    Memory
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 16GB 4X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS GeForce GTX 780 OC DirectCU II 941MHZ 3GB 6.0GHZ
    Sound Card
    Realtek Azalia ALC-892
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung SyncMaster SA850
    Screen Resolution
    1920X1200
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Solid-State,
    Samsung 840 Evo Series 250GB Solid-State Hard Drive,
    Western Digital Caviar Black 2x 1TB 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB
    PSU
    Corsair Gold fully Modular 80 Plus 850
    Case
    Coolermaster Half X Full Tower
    Cooling
    Thermaltake CPU Cooler CLP0556
    Keyboard
    Logitech K800
    Mouse
    Roccat Savu Wired
    Internet Speed
    30 MB
    Browser
    Firefox 31
    Antivirus
    NOD 7
    Other Info
    My fridge has a water tap
    My cat is schizophrenic
    I have a craving for new drivers
@Jimbo,

Would help if you read the posts. It means enthusiasts will be likely to try it.

What are the random capitalised words for?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
This enthusiast is of the opinion that Windows 8.1 is far better than Windows 7. This enthusiast would also never consider rolling back to Windows 7. I will say this though, Windows 7 was one of the best operating systems released by Microsoft. Ranks No.2 in my book.

I basically agree on that too...

My take on it all.

Windows XP... these days looks and feels very dated but it did the job. It was an OS of its time but rapidly developing hardware left it trailing.

Vista... ah Vista. The one with the wow factor. I loved Vista, it was different, it ran essentially very smoothly (and unless you have used it, don't be prejudiced against it). Very stable, and it looked great.

Windows 7... the one everyone seems to like although I never warmed to it. I always considered W7 to be a continuation of Vista, but with Vistas' quirks and minor issues not fixed but simply removed. I cite the folder customisation (placement and folder views)as a classic example. Vista was streets ahead, but rather than fix the minor issues the level of customisation Vista offered was removed from W7. OK, the libraries were great... granted... but I just never took to W7 as an OS.

W8... I tried the preview that was available at the time and didn't get on with it tbh. There were unsolvable hardware/driver issues that were a stumbling lock and so I never really got chance to get into it all.

W8.1... Well just recently I gave the latest W8 version (Enterprise W8.1) a real trial and found most of the issues I had encountered with W8 were fixed. Maybe all those bug reports really did do some good and someone was reading all the complaints and issues. I was so impressed with how it all ran and installed that I voted with my wallet and bought the retail version of W8.1 a month ago. I don't regret it one little bit. Its way ahead of W7 as an OS in IMHO and such things as the fast start are worth their weight in gold. The start menu, once you realise what you can do with it, makes the old W7/Vista start menus look really dated and restricted.

W9... well it will be different I'm sure, but as always there will be some that like it, some that don't, and some that "just don't get it" and so on.

Just my two penneth on it all :)

vista was horrendous as an operating system and it took literally Windows 7 to fix that and even then, SP2 of vista rolled out around right before 7. They were foolish in thinking xp era hardware would be ok to run a bloated OS that was basically 92% complete as Windows Vista. If this was Windows Longhorn, it was only halfway complete. The best review I've ever seen of vista is just a half-baked, glossy version of Windows xp. Bleh. Let alone the fact that EVEN today with Windows 8, its UI legacy still hobbles along with a tacky Aero UI that's been toned down with very minimal means in doing so.

Anyways, I preferred vista before it was called vista, when it was still Longhorn. What a beautiful and powerful OS that never was. Even the system sounds were quite over the top lovely...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
This whole free Windows 9 commotion is just all over the place. Has anyone not realized this is MICROSOFT. Not Microfree. There's a good likelihood that yes, they will offer Windows 9 as a free to use OS for current Windows 7 and 8.1 users*. There is always an asterisk to read further into detail.

Bet you anything, it's going to be a very basic Windows 9 SKU that has Bing set as IE default among other things, key features cut out like maybe Storage Spaces, File History, HomeGroup, Media Player, and maybe reductions in other features as well. If it's going to be free, it's going to be free for a reason with a small, but of course, reasonable upgrade fee to the Windows 9 Pro SKU for maybe, I don't know, $20 for a limited time and then $50 afterwards.

As for forgetting Windows 8, no.

I'd like to forget the legacy Desktop UI and move towards something newer, more efficient, and overall just better than keeping that same UI that's been used ever since GUI computing began basically. I'd also like to forget the metro UI to modern UI design. There is a different between the two. The metro UI design form is much more richer, lusher, and more verbose in design. The modern UI is very minimal and spartan in design, which isn't bad, but it's not the metro UI. Things like the Zune HD and PC client are just perfect examples of metro design, just drop dead innovative and beautiful. Xbox Music is what the modern UI is, minimal (both design and feature set) and spartan. Speaking of such...

I'd like to forget Xbox Music ALTOGETHER. Such emotional violence it's caused with the whole Windows Phone community let alone the former Zune crowd and just in general. What a slap in the face with a dead fish. Ugh.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
Anyway, this is a trash article - you can forget windows 98, windows xp, or vista, but forgeting newest version of os ? :D ok, im moving to my imaginary windows 15.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7 x64
I already forgot Win8 even after a year of Alphas Betas and RCs, 8.1.1 firmly entrenched here. Win9, when it comes will be going thru same path if available, on separate HDD, without other disks involved, dual boot until final version is proved and approved by me. I still have W7 Sp2 as dual boot and XP in VM. Now if some job comes up again for me at local MS office to earn another windows for free....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    Silicon Power V70 240GB SSD
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Sharkoon, Silent Storm 660W
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
Hi there

What does Windows 7 do that Windows 8.11 doesn't (apart from that silly start menu argument) -- Windows 3.1 never had one and people didn't complain back then !!! -- and there are many quite useable 3rd party apps (some free) to revive that feature if it's needed. Desktop users can boot straight to the desktop just like they've always done.

My main gripe is not actually with the OS itself but the method of update and distribution - where ISO's aren't readily available and one is used more and more forced into using "The Store".

Of course the biggest gripe too about having to use the Store is that you are then required to have a Microsoft ID - seems that future versions of say Non Enterprise SKU's will force people to use Microsoft accounts rather than a purely local one. That WOULD IMO be a development too far.

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
vista was horrendous as an operating system and it took literally Windows 7 to fix that and even then, SP2 of vista rolled out around right before 7.

That's fine if that was your experience of Vista. Mine was of a super stable trouble free OS that allowed me to customise it as I wished.

W8.1 (judging by the experiences some are having) is just as bad as your Vista experience ... and I think... what on earth are these folk doing to encounter all these issues.

You have to take as you find. Vista, W7 and W8.1 have all been trouble free for me. I liked Vista, found that W7 was little changed except some features (that could be buggy under certain conditions admittedly in Vista) had been removed rather than fixed, and have found W8.1 to be a gem in operation and ease of install.

Just a sayin' :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W10 x64 pro and W8.1 x86
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Dell Vostro 3750/Acer 9301
    CPU
    Intel i5/AMD Turion 64
    Memory
    4Gb/2Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel i5 internal/NVidia GEFORCE GO 6100
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Hard Drives
    250Gb SSD and 120Gb
    Mouse
    HP Z4000
    Internet Speed
    76 down, 20 up
    Browser
    MS Edge
    Antivirus
    Defender
I actually never owned Vista, probably only MS OS i never did. Installed it as trial on my computer but it (computer) was not good enough for Vista and by the time I upgraded, Win7 was there.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
Hi there

What does Windows 7 do that Windows 8.11 doesn't (apart from that silly start menu argument) -- Windows 3.1 never had one and people didn't complain back then !!! -- and there are many quite useable 3rd party apps (some free) to revive that feature if it's needed. Desktop users can boot straight to the desktop just like they've always done.

My main gripe is not actually with the OS itself but the method of update and distribution - where ISO's aren't readily available and one is used more and more forced into using "The Store".

Of course the biggest gripe too about having to use the Store is that you are then required to have a Microsoft ID - seems that future versions of say Non Enterprise SKU's will force people to use Microsoft accounts rather than a purely local one. That WOULD IMO be a development too far.

Cheers
jimbo

Agreed!
The latest rumour is that new activation technology will link a Live ID to the installed version of Windows as opposed to a product key as such (whether this covers all SKU's, IDK) - thus purchase (via store, ofc) will entail sending the current PC's H/W ID and god knows what else to them to link it (together with your Live ID) to your purchase and activation will be done using those.

Seems a bit far-fetched to me, but whether these anti-piracy measures will dissuade genuine users, remains to be seen...

EDIT: Source and more info regarding WZor's claims...

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    PC-DOS v1.0
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    IBM
    CPU
    Intel 8088, 4.77MHz
    Memory
    16K, 640K max
    Graphics Card(s)
    What's that?
    Sound Card
    Not quite
    Screen Resolution
    80 X 24 text
    Hard Drives
    dual 160KB 5.25-inch disk drives
Hi there

Cheers
jimbo

Agreed!
The latest rumour is that new activation technology will link a Live ID to the installed version of Windows as opposed to a product key as such (whether this covers all SKU's, IDK) - thus purchase (via store, ofc) will entail sending the current PC's H/W ID and god knows what else to them to link it (together with your Live ID) to your purchase and activation will be done using those.

Seems a bit far-fetched to me, but whether these anti-piracy measures will dissuade genuine users, remains to be seen...

That's a new rumor, if that's true - it's going to be fun :eek::D:D

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Update x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Pavilion 15
    CPU
    Haswell Core i5 4200U
    Memory
    8GB Dual-Channel DDR3L @1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD 4400 Integrated; 2GB Dedicated NVIDIA GT 740M
    Hard Drives
    500GB Samsung 840 EVO Internal SSD ;
    2TB WD MyPassport Ultra EHDD ;
    1TB TOSHIBA HDD
    Cooling
    Deepcool X6
    Mouse
    Logitech B175 Wireless Mouse
    Internet Speed
    10 Mbps
    Browser
    Opera v25.0
    Antivirus
    KIS 2014
    Other Info
    Microsoft Wired Xbox 360 Controller
Ah NOOOOOOOOOOO, nobody's get that kind of data from me, I'll rather forget about windows (new or old). Not that I'm paranoid or something but I have been ME (myself) for 66 years now and not going to surrender even part of it some cockamamie company.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
Ah NOOOOOOOOOOO, nobody's get that kind of data from me, I'll rather forget about windows (new or old). Not that I'm paranoid or something but I have been ME (myself) for 66 years now and not going to surrender even part of it some cockamamie company.

Agreed -- If this is the route Ms are taking then I'll quite happily do what the thread suggests FORGET WINDOWS (or run what Windows apps I still need to run in a Windows VM running on the still free and increasingly good Linux Distros).

I' not far off retirement myself so I'm not as "bound to Windows" as some other people or dependent on having to use windows to connect up to Corporate systems. The switch for me wouldn't be painful - I use Linux every day as it is at the moment -- although I'm typing this post on a Windows to Go system running from a Surface Pro 3 external USB connection -- works very well !!.

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
But seriously, some people are such a dumb creatures(monkeys) - piracy exists because some people are noobs and they are not doing their job, also they are kept at their jobs by other dumb people and so on. Also, their anti-piracy systems only hurts people who buys their products, as pirates will always get around other people mistakes. And even if you buy stuff, it is recomended to use anti-things, as all this "war" has gone way too far, and it hurts good users too much. Its the same as russias war today - no one will surrender, and the only thing that is happening is good people are dying.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7 x64
But seriously, some people are such a dumb creatures(monkeys) - piracy exists because some people are noobs and they are not doing their job, also they are kept at their jobs by other dumb people and so on. Also, their anti-piracy systems only hurts people who buys their products, as pirates will always get around other people mistakes. And even if you buy stuff, it is recomended to use anti-things, as all this "war" has gone way too far, and it hurts good users too much. Its the same as russias war today - no one will surrender, and the only thing that is happening is good people are dying.
Would not concur about what "russias" are doing, west did that to my country in the past but that's politics. Remember one thing:"Where bulls fight, ants die", M$ fighting Apple, Apple fighting Samsung, they all "fight" piracy and we are ants. 99% of piracy is about money and greed, nobody is pirating freeware.
The least they can do is to let Win8 owners have Win9 free as an update, since they already all but admitted they flopped one way or other with Win8. That piracy fighting stuff I don't buy for a second. Even Billy said years ago that he is not too concerned about it "As long as their OS main OS in the world". It's not their highest revenue maker anyway.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
Would not concur about what "russias" are doing, west did that to my country in the past but that's politics. Remember one thing:"Where bulls fight, ants die", M$ fighting Apple, Apple fighting Samsung, they all "fight" piracy and we are ants. 99% of piracy is about money and greed, nobody is pirating freeware.
The least they can do is to let Win8 owners have Win9 free as an update, since they already all but admitted they flopped one way or other with Win8. That piracy fighting stuff I don't buy for a second. Even Billy said years ago that he is not too concerned about it "As long as their OS main OS in the world". It's not their highest revenue maker anyway.

Hi there.

Russia does whatever Russia does -- probably the same in most countries when they perceive their OWN interests are rightly or wrongly at risk. Even our Tiny country had a go at the British years ago in the 60's and 70's with Fishing rights in the so called "Cod Wars" !! -- I believe in "The Good book" isn't there some mention of those without blemish - they can cast the first stone -- I'm not a student of those things but I remember something along those lines from my schooldays.

The TOR network is now under attack too. !!! Russia offering 111,000 USD to crack it --- Want to earn some extra pocket money today !!!

Russian Government Offers $111,000 For Cracking Tor Anonymity Network

For Historical purposes - just follow the links in the screenshot if you want to know more about "The Cod Wars" !!

Cheers
jimbo

Attachments

• codwars.png
    codwars.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 81

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
Well, piracy is more than about money. Its also what you believe in, you cant trust the poeple - they are the worst, they never know their limits or when to stop, so you must have a way to check their products, to have to know if their will to make a good product is as strong as their greed. Its like the batman - its not about the law or other nonsense things, its about keeping your life simple and doing what you have to do. In this rotten world, piracy is actually one of the very few pure things that is left, because all the wars, politics, religions, and billions of other corrupted and messed things is not worth living for. This madness has gone too far, and we need the batman. Or joker, or nuclear war, whatever, just to stop it.

*me wants the world to forget about my moneyz until at least these retards finish the school*

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7 x64
Well, piracy is more than about money. Its also what you believe in, you cant trust the poeple - they are the worst, they never know their limits or when to stop, so you must have a way to check their products, to have to know if their will to make a good product is as strong as their greed. Its like the batman - its not about the law or other nonsense things, its about keeping your life simple and doing what you have to do. In this rotten world, piracy is actually one of the very few pure things that is left, because all the wars, politics, religions, and billions of other corrupted and messed things is not worth living for. This madness has gone too far, and we need the batman. Or joker, or nuclear war, whatever, just to stop it.

*me wants the world to forget about my moneyz until at least these retards finish the school*
Ah, idealists are always close to my hart but realities always spoil it.
Some times I would like to say "stop the world, me wants to get off this buss" but it just keeps on rolling.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD

Hi there.

Russia does whatever Russia does -- probably the same in most countries when they perceive their OWN interests are rightly or wrongly at risk. Even our Tiny country had a go at the British years ago in the 60's and 70's with Fishing rights in the so called "Cod Wars" !! -- I believe in "The Good book" isn't there some mention of those without blemish - they can cast the first stone -- I'm not a student of those things but I remember something along those lines from my schooldays.

The TOR network is now under attack too. !!! Russia offering 111,000 USD to crack it --- Want to earn some extra pocket money today !!!

Russian Government Offers $111,000 For Cracking Tor Anonymity Network

For Historical purposes - just follow the links in the screenshot if you want to know more about "The Cod Wars" !!

Cheers
jimbo
Yes, remember those ones but also almost real war between Canada and France about fishing rights around northern Canada and a French owned island at the entrance of St Lawrence, there were armed blockades and a lot of ugly stuff.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro