Microsoft: That Windows 8 “New Coke” Analogy Is Silly

Microsoft: That Windows 8 “New Coke” Analogy Is Silly

May 12, 2013 at 3:14 am PT

Will the launch of Microsoft’s forthcoming update to Windows 8 next month be the company’s “New Coke” moment? Is its rumored plan to revive the traditional “Start” button it killed when it debuted Windows 8 a massive and humiliating reversal of course, following an ill-conceived reimagining of the company’s flagship product?

Not according to Microsoft.

According to Microsoft, Windows 8 is a good product that’s steadily improving, and recent suggestions by the media that it is turning into a “New Coke”-style disaster are pure sensationalism. And in an unusual company blog bost, Frank Shaw, Microsoft’s VP of corporate communications, dismissed them as exactly that, suggesting they favored “hyperbole” over “nuanced analysis.”

“Windows 8 is a good product, and it’s getting better every day,” Shaw wrote. “Unlike a can of soda, a computer operating system offers different experiences to different customers to meet different needs, while still moving the entire industry toward an exciting future of touch, mobility, and seamless, cross-device experiences.”
Microsoft Responds to Windows 8 Critics - John Paczkowski - News - AllThingsD

It is clear the general public aren't going for it in big numbers.

People on forums posting how once you get past the metro rubbish it is like 7, or even worse, blaming the public for being lazy - pointless.

A lot of people don't like a particular type of ice cream . The end.

Why tell them they must get used to it - or tell them to force themselves and some of them may eventually grow to like it- or cover it with chocolate sauce and it won't be so bad - that is crazy.

They don't like it. Period.

I could agree with this if we had the same thought process about decrying how garbage the OS is, which simply isn't true.

90 percent of the complaints/hates is basically one of 3 issues: the missing start button, the Metro interface, or the lack of a true desktop. There's very little chatter about the actual performance of the OS itself.

People don't like the OS because it's confusing to use, I get that, but to decry it's garbage, is simply FUD.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Custom built by me
    CPU
    Haswell i7-4770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 (BIOS F9)
    Memory
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 32 gig (1866MHz)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sapphire R9-280 Vapor X
    Sound Card
    Soundblaster ZXR
    Monitor(s) Displays
    NEC PA242W - 24 inch
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 512gig 850 Pro SSD (OS), Samsung 256gig 840 Pro SSD (photo editing), Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB HD
    PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000 G2
    Case
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Cooling
    Corsair H100i Closed Loop Cooler
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech Performance MX
    Internet Speed
    High Speed
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Norton Security
    Other Info
    RAM Speed: 1866MHZ @ 9-10-10-27-2T, 1.5v

People on forums posting how once you get past the metro rubbish it is like 7, or even worse, blaming the public for being lazy - pointless.

Why tell them they must get used to it - or tell them to force themselves and some of them may eventually grow to like it- or cover it with chocolate sauce and it won't be so bad - that is crazy.

Because an operating system is like ice cream....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014

Android is ice cream sandwich good too.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
    Around 13 million employes
That's funny. Whatever I did in 7 I can do in 8. I have a building blueprint (usually PDF), an Excel workbook, a Word file, a labor estimating guide, Notepad, calculator, and a browser with 2 to 3 tabs going. I'll have music or news going as well.
But that only works while the software you want to use is all Desktop (in Microsoft's eye, "legacy") software.

I wouldn't be able to work if Office and other software I use became Metro-only apps which I could only view full screen.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1, 10
Yes, 'serious' users seem to have been abandoned in order to cater to content-consumers, the computer-illiterate, kids, and the 'fashionistas'.

Things aren't looking good for the 'serious' power-user, and that's a real shame. Their loss will be regretted.

That's funny. Whatever I did in 7 I can do in 8. I have a building blueprint (usually PDF), an Excel workbook, a Word file, a labor estimating guide, Notepad, calculator, and a browser with 2 to 3 tabs going. I'll have music or news going as well.

Obviously some haven't actually "used" Windows 8, if they did they would realize outside the "metro" interface, things really haven't changed that much from 7.

As for "power Users" - that word seems to be thrown around a lot without really understanding what "Power User" is. When I think of Power Users, I think of server editions of Windows.

BTW the "Administrative Tools" (for the power users) is still there in Windows 8 - Win Key + C to bring up the Charm Bar, click Search, type "control" in Search bar, left side click "Control Panel", than click "Administrative Tools". Took all of a second and a half. In fact it takes longer the read this than to actually get to the admin tools ;)

Point - it's not as bad as some are making it to be. And Search works really well.

Yes, I realize you could access it quicker from a desktop with a Start Button, but... really???

To me, the biggest issue is the massive change Microsoft did with the UI, which does take some getting used to. The other issue is the in your face tiles, which I personally dislike. But, again, get past that, and it's not really much different from 7.

My two cents.

Firstly, my apologies for the delay in responding.

Secondly (and my reason for responding), we seem to have a bit of a misunderstanding here, which I'd like to clarify.

Hippsie Gipsy, I wasn't referring to the current state of affairs, but was projecting into the future. And, while certainly an exaggeration, I can see it being a possibility, and one I'd lament. :cry: Apart from a few minor niggles, I do like Win 8, but I don't share MS' 'vision' of the future of computing, which seems to not take 'traditional' computer users or usage into account.

Sygnus21, since I've been using Windows since V3.1, and have been using Windows 8 exclusively since the release of the Consumer Preview, I'd say that do 'use' Windows 8. I'm more than familiar with Windows 8 and how it operates.

The Metro interface isn't an issue to me, as I simply bypass it on start-up (I spend +95% of the time on the desktop), but it's only a mouse-click away when I do want it. And yes, I do use it. I can take it or leave it, though. Most of the things in 8 that irritate me, I've either modified or worked around. I have no trouble whatsoever finding anything I'm looking for.

To me, the improvements 'under-the-hood' are what counts, and are why I do use 8 in preference to 7. Yes, I prefer the 7 interface and look, but can live with Metro in order to get the benefit of these improvements.

Now, I'm not having a shot at anyone, and I'm not 'on the attack' or trying to be a smartass, I just felt that my post had been somewhat misunderstood, and wanted to clarify what I meant. Maybe I could have put it better, but it's a forum post, not a thesis... :):)

Cheers!

Wenda.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 'Ultimate' RTM 64 bit (Pro/WMC).
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer AS8951G 'Desktop Replacement'.
    CPU
    i7-2670QM@2.2/3.1Ghz.
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    8GB@1366Mhz.
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce GT555M 2GB DDR3
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD w/Dolby 5.1 surround.
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Built-in. Non-touch.
    Screen Resolution
    18/4" 1920x1080 full-HD.
    Hard Drives
    Toshiba 750GBx2 internal. 1x2TB, 2x640GB, 1x500GB external.
    PSU
    Stock.
    Case
    Laptop.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Keyboard
    Full 101-key
    Mouse
    USB cordless.
    Browser
    IE11, Firefox, Tor.
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, MalwareBytes Pro.
    Other Info
    BD-ROM drive.
Sygnus21, since I've been using Windows since V3.1, and have been using Windows 8 exclusively since the release of the Consumer Preview, I'd say that do 'use' Windows 8. I'm more than familiar with Windows 8 and how it operates.

The Metro interface isn't an issue to me, as I simply bypass it on start-up (I spend +95% of the time on the desktop), but it's only a mouse-click away when I do want it. And yes, I do use it. I can take it or leave it, though. Most of the things in 8 that irritate me, I've either modified or worked around. I have no trouble whatsoever finding anything I'm looking for.

To me, the improvements 'under-the-hood' are what counts, and are why I do use 8 in preference to 7. Yes, I prefer the 7 interface and look, but can live with Metro in order to get the benefit of these improvements.

Now, I'm not having a shot at anyone, and I'm not 'on the attack' or trying to be a smartass, I just felt that my post had been somewhat misunderstood, and wanted to clarify what I meant. Maybe I could have put it better, but it's a forum post, not a thesis... :):)

Wenda, I could appreciate criticisms from those like you who are actually using the OS, as opposed to the nay sayers who are bashing the OS because it's the thing to do, or simply because it's Microsoft.

The thing that irks me the most is the posts where the reason is "well my friend said", "I watched such and such struggle", "I went into Best Buy and played with it", "I can simply look at it and see it sucks", etc... Sorry but to me, that's being a bit short sighted.

The OS isn't perfect, and to me, yeah the Metro interface on the Desktop sucks, the hunt for this, hunt for that can be a pain as well. But, once you get past that, the OS isn't all that bad, and in some aspects better than 7, especially the new Windows Explorer.

Anyway my comments weren't meant to be a personal attack on you. I was simply replying to a post and making a general observation.

BTW I have to admit I was caught up in the H8ter hype at first, even saying that even if I got a laptop with 8, I was going to immediately replace it with 7. Well I got my laptop, and it did come with 8, funny thing, I'm finding 8 isn't as bad as they say (and I thought), and the performance is pretty darn good. And this is on a non-touch laptop.

But, though I like the under-pinnings of 8, for now, my main system will stay with 7. Blue may change that.

And at the moment, I find I'm using both systems equally, which means both OS's gets equal use as well. Other than installed software, and obviously the larger screen size of the desktop, I've haven't found I needed to use Windows 7 instead of 8 due to performance, or other supposed 8 deficiencies.

In short, I haven't said I think I'll use 7 because it's better at this, and thus haven't found a reason to remove 8 from the laptop just yet.

That surprised me.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom built by me
    CPU
    Haswell i7-4770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 (BIOS F9)
    Memory
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 32 gig (1866MHz)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sapphire R9-280 Vapor X
    Sound Card
    Soundblaster ZXR
    Monitor(s) Displays
    NEC PA242W - 24 inch
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 512gig 850 Pro SSD (OS), Samsung 256gig 840 Pro SSD (photo editing), Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB HD
    PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000 G2
    Case
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Cooling
    Corsair H100i Closed Loop Cooler
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech Performance MX
    Internet Speed
    High Speed
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Norton Security
    Other Info
    RAM Speed: 1866MHZ @ 9-10-10-27-2T, 1.5v
MS has enormous finances coming from the other divisions. They operate what I have seen some describe as a cartel - in effect, there is no competition in the full scale os /laptop sector.

They don't have that control in tablets/phones.

That is why MS have 90%+ in the former and very little in the latter.

They are making it harder for themselves by trying to force something they want.

They seem to be trying to making it less unpalatable with the blue thing. I expect the continued absence of competition, lower prices, gigantic ad spending, and vast presence on the shelves will do the job.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
@Sygnus21..

Thanks for that response, and all good. I didn't take it personally, just thought I'd clarify. Yes I have come across those who've never even seen it on a monitor, but 'know' it sucks. How could they 'know', I wonder, if they've never actually used it?

Wenda.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    i7-2670QM@2.2/3.1Ghz.
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    8GB@1366Mhz.
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce GT555M 2GB DDR3
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Built-in. Non-touch.
    Screen Resolution
    18/4" 1920x1080 full-HD.
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Stock.
    Case
    Laptop.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Keyboard
    Full 101-key
    Mouse
    USB cordless.
    Browser
    IE11, Firefox, Tor.
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    BD-ROM drive.
Wow, I didn't know Windows 7 had options to revert to the Desktop and start menu.... :sarc:

Is that the only weapon you have left?:zip:;)

I'm still using Windows 7 and Linux Mint.

I have friends that use Windows 8 that give NO built in option to select a default boot to the desktop. Fact. Also no traditional start button/menu.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 7 home premium 64 bit
Firstly, my apologies for the delay in responding.

Secondly (and my reason for responding), we seem to have a bit of a misunderstanding here, which I'd like to clarify.

Hippsie Gipsy, I wasn't referring to the current state of affairs, but was projecting into the future. And, while certainly an exaggeration, I can see it being a possibility, and one I'd lament. :cry: Apart from a few minor niggles, I do like Win 8, but I don't share MS' 'vision' of the future of computing, which seems to not take 'traditional' computer users or usage into account.

Cheers!

Wenda.

Ok, Wenda. I understand now. Bad hair day. :p

I so happen to think everything will be written in the Modern interface eventually. It'll take years. Beside the snap problem, of which I always agreed it is a problem for some, what other problem could there be to be productive? I'm a switcher using keyboard and I always know where the program I want next is at in the "flip line". In other words, I know how many Alt/Tab-s it takes to get to the next program I want to use. But that's me. I don't even use the 1/3 - 2/3 snap they have now. Why? Because I'm a switcher. I like things full screen. I think eventually MS will get into some kind of "paning" much like Windowing except fixed sized panes.

So, what other problem could there be to be productive? Everything looks flat? Too square? Too colorful? No Start Orb or Menu? What is it that everyone is so afraid of? The Win32 Desktop will die off?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer T690
    CPU
    Intel Pentium D Dual Core
    Motherboard
    Acer/Intel E946GZ
    Memory
    2GB (max upgrade)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3000 - PCI Express x16
    Sound Card
    Integrated RealTek ALC888 high-definition audio with 7.1 channel audio support
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer AL1917W A LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900
    Hard Drives
    350 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
    Thumb drives
    PSU
    Standard 250 watt
    Case
    Desktop 7.2" (183mm) W x 17.5" (445mm) L x 14.5"
    Cooling
    Dual case fans + CPU fan
    Keyboard
    Acer Windows PS/2
    Mouse
    Wireless Microsoft Arc
    Internet Speed
    54mbp/s
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Defender
    Other Info
    Office Pro 2013 / Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone 8.1DP GDR1
Hippsie Gipsy wrote: -
Ok, Wenda. I understand now. Bad hair day.

All good, we certainly all have them. :)

Yes, I'd certainly lament the death of the Win32 desktop, as it is by far the best tool for what I do.

But, its 'Cloud-land' and its associated pay-per-use or subscription-based software, and the way they seem to want to
make 'personal computing' a thing of the past, with everything online and monetised, with content consumption and
social-networking being the primary (or only) purpose and reason for ownership.

THAT scares me, and I really do have no interest in, or use for, that kind of 'computing'.

Cheers!

Wenda.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    i7-2670QM@2.2/3.1Ghz.
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    8GB@1366Mhz.
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce GT555M 2GB DDR3
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Built-in. Non-touch.
    Screen Resolution
    18/4" 1920x1080 full-HD.
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Stock.
    Case
    Laptop.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Keyboard
    Full 101-key
    Mouse
    USB cordless.
    Browser
    IE11, Firefox, Tor.
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    BD-ROM drive.
You would be surprised, there are lots of fart apps to play with, and there is a lot of fun to be had posting on twitbook about what you had for breakfast.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
I think eventually MS will get into some kind of "paning" much like Windowing except fixed sized panes.

Windowing? Gee, what a concept for an operating system named Window<s>

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Mint and Windows 8 Pro
    Asus G75VW
    CPU
    i7
    Motherboard
    Asus
    Memory
    16G
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17"
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 5400 rpm 1T and Seagate 7200 rpm 500G.
    Internet Speed
    30M down, 5M up
    Other Info
    Oracle Virtual Box
    Ubuntu 64 bit

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer T690
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Acer/Intel E946GZ
    Memory
    2GB (max upgrade)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer AL1917W A LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900
    Hard Drives
    Thumb drives
    PSU
    Standard 250 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Dual case fans + CPU fan
    Keyboard
    Acer Windows PS/2
    Mouse
    Wireless Microsoft Arc
    Internet Speed
    54mbp/s
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Defender
    Other Info
I think we can already call it 'Microsoft Pains'.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64
I think eventually MS will get into some kind of "paning" much like Windowing except fixed sized panes.

Windowing? Gee, what a concept for an operating system named Window<s>

Hi there
"Trade descriptions acts" -- Windows -- but it's actually only ONE WINDOW.

I want my money back. !!!! plus the fullest compensation allowed under the law for being "duped" into buying a product with a misleading name -- the product doesn't do what it IMPLIES to the user that it's supposed to do.

Any "Legal Eagles" out there -- California usually has a whole slew of this type of legislation. Go on make a test case and earn some HUGE bucks.

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
LOL, Jim. Let's look at this logically. As an American builder/contractor I have yet to install a window that was re-sizable. This is not an attribute of a window. In fact, I can think of no fixed real estate that is re-sizable. It's fixed just as much as your PC monitor screen. A window may be divided into panes, but even they cannot be re-sized. "Re-size-abilty" goes beyond what the name implies, for a window is not re-sizable. Now for the plural of "window" which is "windows" they continue to maintain that with snap and what I read of Blue there will be more snap options. Incidently this concept is called mulling windows. The center bar is called a mullion.

View attachment 21961

View attachment 21963

So far as lawyers here are concerned; I had to answer to a traffic citation at our local court house this past winter. It was so cold that day I saw lawyers with there hands in their own pockets. :D

Of course when it comes to lawyers, it is now logical to place hot coffee in a soft container between your knees:

Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't care what tempurature the coffee getting served is! This isn't right nor does it follow logic.

Interesting stats:

What country in the world has most lawyers per capita

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer T690
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Acer/Intel E946GZ
    Memory
    2GB (max upgrade)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer AL1917W A LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900
    Hard Drives
    Thumb drives
    PSU
    Standard 250 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Dual case fans + CPU fan
    Keyboard
    Acer Windows PS/2
    Mouse
    Wireless Microsoft Arc
    Internet Speed
    54mbp/s
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Defender
    Other Info
What cant you do?
I need to be able to see multiple windows at the same time. I can't do that with any Metro app.

For instance a few weeks ago I was trying to extract travel details from a web page and create a Calendar item. Not being able to see both at once, but instead have to keep switching from one to another was hugely unproductive.

I know there is such a thing as "Snap" but:
(a) it doesn't give nearly enough control on the window size and shape (eg. I spend a lot of time looking at a few rows on a spreadsheet and another matching set of rows in a database at the same time, which means I need to arrange the windows horizontally rather than vertically) and
(b) it doesn't work on my laptop anyway, even though the screen size is perfectly adequate for viewing multiple desktop windows, it hasn't enough horizontal pixels.

Easily done:

ModernMix™ - Run Modern (Metro) apps in a window on your desktop with ModernMix™

This IS the new Windows.

It's like a bad late night commercial is the new fix for all things Windows.

All this too can be yours for just $19.99!!! Buy now and we'll throw in a start button for absolutely free!!!

Why is it $2 - $5 for all things that are lacking in Windows.

This is like pay for downloadable content being immediately available for full price games on release day. Kinda lame.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Pssh. Who buys prebuilts?
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-2600k 3.4 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual Asus 22" Widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    OCZ SSD boot drive. Spinny secondary drive.
    Case
    Diablotek
    Cooling
    Air
    Keyboard
    Razer BlackWidow Toureny edition.
    Mouse
    Logitech
    Internet Speed
    50 down 10 up
    Browser
    FireFox
    Antivirus
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. AV is for noobs.
    Other Info
    I like Macs.

Android is ice cream sandwich good too.

And Linux has Mint.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Pssh. Who buys prebuilts?
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-2600k 3.4 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual Asus 22" Widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    OCZ SSD boot drive. Spinny secondary drive.
    Case
    Diablotek
    Cooling
    Air
    Keyboard
    Razer BlackWidow Toureny edition.
    Mouse
    Logitech
    Internet Speed
    50 down 10 up
    Browser
    FireFox