Solved Make a fresh installation of Windows 8

Ok I usually prefer keeping my USB since its large, at NTFS system for storage, default is FAT32. For booting should I use FAT32 or can I use NTFS? I made the boot on NTFS system 'UEFI can only USB boot to FAT32, not NTFS'

Ok, either way I am sure the fact that I tried w ntfs is not the reason but what do I do next, I tried some steps online but I never see the Windows 8 setup, always starts normally - so I need the steps here

- PC settings - Troubleshooting - Start up - enable boot from devices? What should I choose when going to the PC settings?

then having the USB how do I boot from it, like I said I could easily do that so far with older laptops and Win7 plus older OS.

And how do I know if it will work that way or not work for UEFI. And if I need it at all cause so far I've never seen Win 8 setup showing up on my screen. Never shows up an option to boot from USB, also the above tool ESD to ISO works only if you have some files on windows 8, which I think I do not... so not an option

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
USB MUST be formatted to FAT32.
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html
You have made a non-UEFI USB.
Boot the USB in UEFI mode.

Windows 8 Downgrade-006 SB for posting.PNG

How to install Windows 64 bit on a UEFI/BIOS firmware:
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorial...e-firmware-interface-install-windows-8-a.html

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
So far I did not follow the tutorials carefully because I was at the point of searching for an ISO. I finally acquired it days ago and today I followed the above tutorial step by step. I created the UEFI-compatible USB flash drive in Command Promtpt, copied the setup files, then from 'Make changes to my account in PC settings' > General > Advanced startup > Restart Now > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > UEFI Firmware Settings > Restart and voila! In (BIOS)

(BIOS)
Boot - change Boot Option #1, I could select my brand UEFI Corsair Voyager 3.0 32GB

And Win 8 setup finally started. Installed the SSD and HDD partitions as I liked. The first time after it installed Win8 brought me back to Win 8 setup and I thought it would continue like XP, Vista or 7 (PC may restart several times during installation) but no - I was to reinstall Win 8 over and over. So I just unplugged the USB after the first time installation and while it was restarting, so it doesn't boot from USB, then it went to Personalize screen and started Windows. I see my desktop or some settings have remained as I set them before the clean format but the new partitions are there, drivers and apps gone - yet to be added. Win 8 x64 - activated from my OEM key, Windows 8 x64 build 915440 (not sure if retail), recognized it!

As a former Alienware user who liked Stardock MyColors AlienGUIse skins, I bought Startdock Start8, there, Win 7 stuff, unpinned and disabled Charms menu. Ready for action! Thanks for the support all.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Back