Lots of errors in event viewer

Not good news.

I too ran the decomcnfg on my new HP with OEM Win 8 and got the same results that you did, blanks. Then I ran it on an older HP upgraded from Win 7 with Win 8 Pro. Same - blank.

I then ran some regedit clean up tools and my computer did speed up. *( It had become sluggish the past few days ).

Then I ran Spybot, search and destroy. Took about 2 hours. It found 42 issues and cleaned them.

In two instances running the cleanup software completely locked up my computer. But Spybot ran OK the second try. Win 8 just is not friendly at all to others.

Tried decomcnfg again and nothing was cured, still blanks.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any available fix in Win 8 for blank dialog boxes that I can find. *( But looks to me like the regsvr32 Jscript.dll is worrisome. I don't like the 32. It was suggested to delete it but I won't recommend that. )

I've found 5 defects in Win 8 so far and this one is beginning to look like #6. For a WAN system Win 8 wouldn't recognize the NAS server computer and there wasn't any fix. The IT techies made a workaround themselves that entailed going into the registry manually and doing it.

It still appears that you still have corrupted or missing files. But that doesn't seem to be the problem for curing blank boxes.

You have one thorny problem alright.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP
It's a wooley booger for sure.

I'm working on several avenues. Have some feelers out. Waiting replies from Microsoft.

I have their licensed tech support under annual contract but haven't as yet gone there. Probably will soon. I have unlimited question access for the fee. Matter of principle. It should be for MY problems. But there are becoming mine too !!!

Ran some more tests here on mine. I don't normally recommend "free" software but Spybot Search and Destroy is recommended by high authority as useful. Worked for me with some trouble with screen lock up.

Win 8 surely has some warts. I can only reiterate that MOST of the problems are coming from incompatibility and lack of updates of outside vendors.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    HP
Outside help

Received feedback from two.

#1. Some problems can't be fixed without a Guru getting on the computer.

#2.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums replied on February 5, 2013

MVP Community Star
getting error messages 1005 and 1000
< cmd_output>
C:\>net helpmsg 1005
The volume does not contain a recognized file system.
Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted.

C:\>net helpmsg 1000
1000 is not a valid Windows network message number.
More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3871.

C:\>
< /cmd_output>
#2.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    HP
Hi there,

Hopefully the updates will help correct some issues with Windows 8.

For the past few days I have been testing the system without using the other optical drive and the system has remained stable however, today when I attempt to use the LG optical drive the system displays a BSOD. I have attached a copy of fresh logs collected with the Winodws 8 Collector tool from this forum and as well as the latest errors that are appearing in Event Viewer in a TXT file.

I would be grateful if someone could please take a look at the crash dump and advise how I should proceed with trying to ensure that the system does not crash again with the same error.

Would you say its possible that the firmware that is currently installed on the LG ODD could be incompatible with Windows 8? As I don't recall having any issues with the ODD on Windows 7. I have read that other LG models also have issues and LG are proposing that a new firmware upgrade be launched however, my model is not currently in the affected units.

Attachments

• errors 8.2.13.txt
    136.4 KB · Views: 509
  • W8 (2).zip
    459.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:

My Computer

Hi there,

I have stopped using the LG optical drive and system has remained stable without BSOD's. I just wanted some advice on how best to fix the following errors in the attached text file, for example DCOM ID 1010 and ESENT 910 ?

I would be grateful if someone would pleas take a look at the attached file and advice on how best to fix any of the errors listed.

Thanks,

Attachments

• errors 17th 2.13.txt
    287.4 KB · Views: 350

My Computer

Fix

Indications are:

* Misconfigured system files.

* Registry problems.

You may want to try the "error repair tool" a free download. Click start, repair all. *( Google it ).

I don't actually recommend any free software but this one has some favorable reviews.

Good luck.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    HP
Hi.
Thanks for your response,

Please could you advise which "error repair tool" you are referring to? As I have done a Google search and lots of different programs are being listed.

Thanks,

My Computer

How to Fix Windows Failed To Load Error

Too maybe try: Spybot Search & Destroy.

I used it and it perked up mine right away. It was compatible with Win 8 and Norton and it is installed now on mine.

As a matter of principle I don't recommend software but both of these passed the litmus test with very qualifies IT Professionals.

If they hadn't I wouldn't have used them.

Both are free downloads.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    HP
Hi,

Thanks for your response I will try the tool that you have advised and see if it helps with the DCOM errors etc.

In the meantime I wanted to post an update regarding the BSOD's that I had experienced on the system, since removing the LG ODD I have not had any BSOD's or CD Rom error messages flag up in Event Viewer, so it seems that either the drive had a hardware fault or there is some issue with the firmware on the drive. I have connected my Sony ODD to the same port controller on the motherboard and its functioned okay without any issues so it looks like the mobo sata ports are okay.

My Computer

Back