Ex-Microsoft Employee Launches 'Fixing Windows 8' Campaign

What happened to Mike Bibik? Formerly 'Fixing Windows 8'

Not everyone is happy with Windows 8's sweeping design changes, including one former Microsoft employee who thinks the company can do better.

The former employee has launched a website called “Fixing Windows 8” with suggestions on how Microsoft could improve the user interface, particularly for a mouse and keyboard. According to Tom's Hardware, the website's founder is Mike Bibik, a user interface designer.

“During the MWC keynote, Microsoft made it very clear that Windows 8 will work fantastically if you are using touch, mouse or keyboard,” Bibik wrote in his first post. “Unfortunately, that’s not entirely true.”

Source

A Guy

Edit: Shortly after posting this the website went blank. The author Mike Bibik's twitter account was also MIA. Twitter is back now, set to private. So far there is no news as to why the website disappeared, and indeed...

What happened to Mike Bibik ?

Last edited:
Looks like it only changed the title in my 1st post. I guess an Admin would have to change it. A Guy

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Home x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    INTEL Core i5-750
    Motherboard
    ASUS P7P55D
    Memory
    KINGSTON HyperX Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX750
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG 27MP33HQ 32" IPS LED
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB, 2 x SEAGATE 500GB Barracuda® 7200.12, SATA 3 Gb/s, 7200 RPM, 16MB cache
    PSU
    ANTEC TruePower New TP-550, 80 PLUS®, 550W
    Case
    ANTEC Three Hundred Illusion
    Cooling
    COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus, 3 x 120mm 1 x 140mm Case
    Internet Speed
    20 + Mbps
    Browser
    Vivaldi
    Antivirus
    Avast
.. He was using Windows XP and I assume ..

I don't know why I can't repeat it but the only 2 pages open was this tread and the one link , but one think I know; you asume too much, don't try to make me look like someone not up todate, here a pic of what I use as OS, and a view of my house network, I have quite few PC here, and quite few are Water Cooled and the cheapest one as a recent 4 cores CPU. ( I also have a computer shop with a computers lab not show here,) So I'm not that kind of noobs

network1.jpg
Sorry if I assumed too much. I wish I had half the number of PC's like you to toy with lol. I envy you.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Developer Preview, Linux Mint 9
    Custom Built
Is it possible that Mike's being threatened so he closed that site down for his own safety?

If there would be a movie about this, who would play on it? Its making a good plot, someone who once work for an organization (in this case Microsoft) goes missing and the story goes on with the search for this guy, that the hero would solve a jig-saw puzzle, revealing secrets that the organization doesn't want people to know. Its got that classic suspense-drama thing into it. I love suspense now there's a cyber manhunt for this poor guy.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Developer Preview, Linux Mint 9
    Custom Built
Back