Drop in performance/ mouse stuttering after about 20 min

I need help!!!!!!!! I uninstalled Intel R Access technology from my desktop to get rid of the buzzing and now my computer wont even connect to the internet! I'm about to crap my pants I don't know what to do! Someone PLEASE help a brotha out!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
Don't your ISP have some software you can use to connect your USB modem (I guess it's a USB modem since that's what the service you uninstalled is for)

Or you could try software like this:
BT Connection Manager - Software Informer.
Download MWconn v5.9 (freeware) - AfterDawn: Software downloads

UPDATE:
I found a download of it from lenovo, I don't know if it's a general download or only for lenovo
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds102424

You might already have it on your PC, if you have acer and find Acer Recovery Management, from there you can reinstall drivers or copy all drivers to a dvd, I guess it's somewhat the same for other brands

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Acer
    CPU
    i5 4460 @3.2 - 3.4
    Memory
    16GB @1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD R9 270
The same problem has been driving me crazy for days. Have tried everything. Just did the intel technology access end task and everything works perfectly now. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I am leery of deleting it though as I use a usb ethernet connection and have heard people say it prevents them from getting online. Anybody have any knowledge or thoughts on this.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
The same problem has been driving me crazy for days. Have tried everything. Just did the intel technology access end task and everything works perfectly now. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I am leery of deleting it though as I use a usb ethernet connection and have heard people say it prevents them from getting online. Anybody have any knowledge or thoughts on this.

Well, don't know about the ethernet connection since I don't connect through it. So far, it worked fine for me. However, when I was uninstalling it, it show the install date is 22/Feb. Does it mean that the program is newly published, if so, the ethernet connection issue should be something else. What you think, Guys

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Window 8.1
I had the same issue with buzzing sound and slow, stuttering mouse movements after Tuesday updates. A reboot would fix the mouse issue for about 3 minutes. HP support had me delete and reinstall the mouse driver. I finally found this thread and am extremely happy to report that disabling Intel Technology Access Service has fixed the problem. Thanks so much.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Pavillion
    CPU
    AMD 8
    Memory
    8 GB
    Browser
    IE 11
    Antivirus
    Norton 360
same issue here only started today with my laptops touchpad but bluetooth and usb mouse still worked fine, ended the program in task manager and lag went away, thanks :D hopefully there will be a proper fix soon

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
Exact same issue here, super slow, lagging mouse and audio buzzing whenever the mouse was moved. Stopped Intel Technology Access from running and it seems to have fixed it (fingers crossed). Out of interest is it all people with Acer's it's effecting? Got an Acer Aspire E15 in January after my Dell broke and I have to confess it's been really disappointing so far. Still looking for how to stop Acer Cloud Client using 50% of my cpu all the time....

My Computer

System One

• OS
laptop brand

I'm running an HP pavilion and had the problem. I don't think it is specific to one hardware manufacturer.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Pavillion
    CPU
    AMD 8
    Memory
    8 GB
    Browser
    IE 11
    Antivirus
    Norton 360
Exact same issue here, super slow, lagging mouse and audio buzzing whenever the mouse was moved. Stopped Intel Technology Access from running and it seems to have fixed it (fingers crossed). Out of interest is it all people with Acer's it's effecting? Got an Acer Aspire E15 in January after my Dell broke and I have to confess it's been really disappointing so far. Still looking for how to stop Acer Cloud Client using 50% of my cpu all the time....

same as mine i think Aspire E 15 Start (Acer Aspire ES1-512 )

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
Same problem as everyone else on this thread

Like many here, I registered just to be able to post to this thread and increase the visibility of this problem. Videos will play fine for about the first 10-20 mins, and then they will be overcome by horrendous stuttering seizures. Basically most everything that everyone else posted on this thread is happening to my computer when I move my mouse. Plugging in a different mouse will make the problem go away for a few mins only to return again later. I will try the fix that many have suggested in task manager. Microsoft, please get on this and update a patch immediately! Major Tom to Ground Control.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer
    CPU
    unknown
    Motherboard
    unknown
    Memory
    unknown
    Graphics Card(s)
    unknown
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Kaspersky
Like many here, I registered just to be able to post to this thread and increase the visibility of this problem.
So do I.

Meanwhile I read in the Acer forum that this problem is indeed related to an Intel driver after the latest patchday.

In the German Acer forum the following is suggested..
Temporary solution:
Shutdown task „'Intel(r) Technology Access Service“.

Final solution for PCs:
Updating Intel AMT .
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/AMT/AMT_Intel_9.5.15.1730_W81x64_A.zip?acerid=6354998...

And this is the updated AMT version for notebooks which needs to be installed.
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/AMT/AMT_Intel_10.0.28.1000_W81x64_A.zip?acerid=635520...

For sure - you can also uninstall the application "Intel Technology Access" via control panel.

Anyway - so far no clue which MS patch raised this problem exactly....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer Aspire V15 Nitro
    CPU
    i7
    Graphics Card(s)
    Geforce GTX 860M
    Antivirus
    McAfee
I have an Acer Aspire E 15 Start ES1-512-C5YW which I bought on 31st October 2014. It downloaded a Windows Update on 12/03/2015 and thereafter my Acer started gliching. The mouse cursor would stick on the screen and the sound would become static when playing music and moving the mouse cursor. This happened with the touchpad and a wireless mouse. I have followed the advice stated in this thread by a number of users to end the task named 'Intel(R) Technology Access Service' via the task manager. This has resolved the problem (temporarily or not I have no knowledge). I wanted to uninstall the program named 'Intel(R) Technology Access Service' but have not due to reports from users of this forum that this may affect my connection to the internet. This problem has affected my ability to produce work of high quality. I have considered returning this product to the seller (Tesco).

This user requests Microsoft rectify.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Acer Aspire V Nitro. Got the update just a couple of days ago and started experiencing the same problem. Stopping the service restored lost performance. Registered just to chime in with a "me too" message.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
I just registered to thank you all for saving my life! (A burglar had a gun to my head and said, "If you don't stop that laggy mouse right now, I'm going to kill you!") Seriously though, I just went ahead and uninstalled the Intel program. Not sure if I really should have done that, but now everything works fine. I couldn't even log in my password without restarting, but now I can. Thanks again!:D

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Hi guys new member here. I had the same problem two days ago and it is true that disabling the faulty Intel(r) driver can solve the problem. To those who also had problems with their network connection even after disabling the driver kindly check the default network driver in use. It seems that the driver update also activates the intel(r) network adapter which will usually mean you'll have two network drivers working at the same time and might cause internet instability and network errors. I'm still hoping to get a hotfix on this and at the same time get an idea what the fuss on this driver is all about.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Hi guys,
thank you very much for fixing this problem (at least temporarily).
I have an acer aspire nitro as well and suffering under this also since my latest updates in march.
I've been writing to acer germany and i'm waiting for an answer. I keep looking out for (official) solutions on german websites...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
I have the same problen as everybody here. I also created an account to add some visibility to this problem.

Acer Aspire E 15

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Acer Aspire E 15 Win8.1
In this case then try..
Search > msconfig > Services tab > Untick Intel(R) Technology Access Service > OK > Restart.

===================================================================
I have a Acer TC-605 with all of the mouse and audio problems mentioned here,I followed these instructions and the problem is cured for now I will update if that changes
Thank you Devin :D

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
Registered to chime in my own "me too" message. I actually started noticing it while playing an online FPS game. The game would lag while I was playing, but would be fine when I'm dead and just spectating. Sounds got wonky, framerate dropped, the works.

I thought it was the game, which also downloaded a patch recently, but I noticed other problems while just browsing or using a Word processor. Thought it was also my Internet at first but the ping was same as before and speed was good. Then running the task manager / resource monitor showed this Intel AMT problem. Anybody else tried uninstalling? Did it cause any problems? TIA

BTW, machine is an Acer E 14 running on an i5 and a midrange mobile GeForce.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 SL
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-420U
    Memory
    4GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 820M
    Monitor(s) Displays
    14"
    Hard Drives
    1TB
I registered just to thank the one who gives the solution for this issue. I am using Acer Nitro v15 and it literally drives me crazy when all of a sudden the sound cracks and mouse freezes once a while.

Hope Acer issue a fix on this asap.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
Back