Drop in performance/ mouse stuttering after about 20 min

Same issue - after reboot, system is fine for about 15 minutes then mouse starts to stutter and sound interference occurs when mouse is moved. Major recent Windows update from Microsoft - are the two related?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    WIndows 8.1
Had the same issue, since a few days performance decreases rapidly after boot.
Mouse stutters, sound buzzes...
I let it run for a few hours, until it was really bad, then checked the task manager.
"intel(r) technology access - service" was high up in CPU usage and memory. Googled it, seems like it got in an update from 3/11. Disabled it in task manager and it runs smooth again. Don't know for how long, i keep checking...
Somebody knows what that program does?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Culprit Located

I agree with the previous contributor - "intel(r) technology access - service" does seem to be the culprit! I also disabled it and the problem disappeared instantly. I'm afraid I have no idea what it does more broadly, but I haven't yet discovered anything that doesn't work when it's closed down. I'll keep you posted...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    WIndows 8.1
What worked for me:
  • Ctrl-Alt-Del to load Task Manager
  • Scroll down and look under Background Processes to find 'Intel(r) Technology Access Service'
  • Right click and choose 'End Task'.
Let me know if that works for you.
This does come with a health warning - I'm unaware of any knock-on effects of the above.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    WIndows 8.1
My system restore worked for a while, but the problem is back now. Killing Intel Technology access Service did seem to fix it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Aspire V3-772G
    CPU
    i7-4702mq 2.2GHz
    Memory
    8 GGB DDR 3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia Geforce GT 750M
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    AVG Free
I registered just to tell you that I'm having the exact same problem. I killed the Intel Technology Access Service and and yes, it worked. This is totally related to the March 10 updates. Microsoft, get on it.

I deleted this program from control panel program list. So there's that.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Wow, all this time I actually thought it was just an issue with my laptop. Glad that it's just not only me, though. But just to clarify, is it okay to uninstall this Intel Technology Access Service? Apparently even if you kill it off through Task Manager, it instantly comes right back.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
In this case then try..
Search > msconfig > Services tab > Untick Intel(R) Technology Access Service > OK > Restart.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer Aspire U5-620
    CPU
    i5 4200M 2.5Ghz
    Memory
    8GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphic 4600
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1080p
    Case
    All-In-One Desktop
    Keyboard
    Acer wireless (provided)
    Mouse
    Acer wireless (provided)
    Browser
    Chrome
    Antivirus
    Norton 360 Premier
Hi all!

I have the same machine as hankrillek (bought in November) and the same issues. Only, that in my case it´s worse when I´m using the touchpad.

Tak Manager telling me that Intel acces Service is using more than 1 GB of Memory and
86% Memory is used in total while I´m doing NOTHING but writing this post...

Anyone found out how to get rid of this problem?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
I love online forums, although it's taken some hunting around to find the right threads!! I'm bitten by the same bug: Five month old Acer Aspire, wired mouse (not the problem), NIS (not the problem). Stopped the Intel Access service per other suggestions here - bingo.
Here's some info about the service:
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds102424
Ironically, or not, my Ethernet cable quit about the same time that update happened and I had to replace it.
Thanks. Guess we stay tuned to find out what happens next ...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer Aspire XC603
    CPU
    4 Pentium J2900
    Memory
    8 GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphic
    Antivirus
    NIS
Had the same problem and ending that intel access service task lagging stopped. Will be watching this thread for more information about this problem.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer Aspire V15 Nitro
    Memory
    8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    GEFORCE GTX 860M
Registered to the forums to say I also am having this issue. I was scared thinking it was hardware or a virus/malware, but after scanning a few times with avast and malwarebytes, with no infection (havent for years) it was clear this was the cuplrit after the update, I hope there is a fix. Had to end process of this for top performance.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    hp pavillion
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel hd graphics
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    avast
I just registert to this forum, only to say that I have the same issue, glad to hear I'm not alone. Thanks all for the replys and input so far. I will keep an eye on how what why if anyone knows a longterm solution, I'm all ears.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    MS 8
Hello,

I've just registered specifically to comment on this, as I think others have done. This was exactly the problem for me. It was bad when I used the mouse, it was worse when I used the touchscreen. This Intel Technology Access Process was using almost 1.25 of 8 GB of memory and as soon as I ended the process, the computer started working again. And yes, this only started after the latest Windows update March 2015. I don't know what it's supposed to do, which is always fun when you have to end a process, but getting rid of it worked and nothing else currently appears to be effected by its lack.

Best advice: task manager, end that process.

Thank you everyone who responded earlier and confirmed my concerns and the solution!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer
    CPU
    core i3
    Motherboard
    5532 (probably)
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD 4400
Hey tmhoush, I just wanted to let you know that for me that proccess gives me the same issues but like only uses 0% proccessorcapacity so I doubt it has anything to do with howmuch it uses/needs but interferes no matter what

My Computer

System One

• OS
    MS 8
Same problem here - the process seems to gradually consume more and more CPU and memory. After using end task to kill it, the process does restart itself but seems to behave itself - which probably explains why there are no side effects. But having just replaced my Vista PC to be rid of such issues, it is very annoying to already be experiencing instability. Hope Microsoft/Intel get this sorted soon.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
I got the same problem! I came to me for 2 days ago! After a while i see FPS drop when moving my mouse. The sound also dissapears and music almost stops( computer going in slowmotion). It appears even when i have none program activated. When i change mouse it is fine in a few minutes then it comes back.

I bought this gaming pc for 2 months ago and it has been working fine till now! CPU 3.2 ghz, nvidia geforce GTX760

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
I can see this update is in the Control Panel under Uninstall Programs, and intel is giving these instructions to remove it (I still think the safest is to stop the service from running):
NOTE: IF YOU USE THIS TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET DO NOT UNINSTALL
1. Start Windows and logon with an administrator account.
2. Press "Win+X" key, then press "F" key to open Programs and Features
3. Select Intel(R) Technology Access, and click Uninstall or Uninstall/Change.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete uninstallation and
restart the computer.

From what I can understand, this is a intel driver that let's you use USB as Ethernet.

And thanks to you guys for letting us know about this, I have searched for 2 days now, and till now I had to plug the mouse in and out to use my pc without lag and buzz sounds.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer
    CPU
    i5 4460 @3.2 - 3.4
    Memory