Windows Embedded 8 Industry Enterprise

EpicNyles

Yo, I have question, do any of you on the internet have Windows Embedded 8 Industry Enterprise, you may be thinking, "yes, i do, Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Enterprise", but that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking for windows embedded 8.0 industry enterprise iso. Does anyone have this?

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7
    Motherboard
    Unknown
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon RX 580
    Sound Card
    ?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    ONN 24" Gaming Monitor, Upstar Monitor (unknown model)
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080 on both
    Hard Drives
    1tb
    Keyboard
    Corsair k70
    Mouse
    Corsair Harpoon
    Browser
    Edge
    Other Info
    i love windows 8
  • PC2
    Surface Pro 3
Yo, I have question, do any of you on the internet have Windows Embedded 8 Industry Enterprise, you may be thinking, "yes, i do, Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Enterprise", but that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking for windows embedded 8.0 industry enterprise iso. Does anyone have this?
I have one ISO (Windows 8 embedded) not sure about the last names (industry, enterprise, whatever). I've used it on low end machines and it's a very FAST OS. I can't offer you to upload it for several reasons (speed, size and legal aspects), but I can suggest a couple of OFFICIAL links (Microsoft)

Here is the OFFICIAL Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard

Here is the Industry enterprise (trial?) from Microsoft

Industry Pro (from the Internet Archive)

And Windows 8 embedded industry enterprise (also from the Internet Archive)

I haven't tried downloading and installing because I haven't faced a situation that calls for it. So far I'm happy with Windows 8.1 (official recovery from Microsoft for the Surface 3), along Windows 10 on my desktop computer.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
I have one ISO (Windows 8 embedded) not sure about the last names (industry, enterprise, whatever). I've used it on low end machines and it's a very FAST OS. I can't offer you to upload it for several reasons (speed, size and legal aspects), but I can suggest a couple of OFFICIAL links (Microsoft)

Here is the OFFICIAL Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard

Here is the Industry enterprise (trial?) from Microsoft

Industry Pro (from the Internet Archive)

And Windows 8 embedded industry enterprise (also from the Internet Archive)

I haven't tried downloading and installing because I haven't faced a situation that calls for it. So far I'm happy with Windows 8.1 (official recovery from Microsoft for the Surface 3), along Windows 10 on my desktop computer.
the reason why im asking this is because i want to sideload windows 8 apps since i havent used windows 8 in a while. i wanted to see how it'd work on there. do any of these have sideloading capabilities without dev license?

thank you for these

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7
    Motherboard
    Unknown
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon RX 580
    Sound Card
    ?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080 on both
    Hard Drives
    1tb
    Keyboard
    Corsair k70
    Mouse
    Corsair Harpoon
    Browser
    Edge
    Other Info
    i love windows 8
  • PC2
    Surface Pro 3
the reason why im asking this is because i want to sideload windows 8 apps since i havent used windows 8 in a while. i wanted to see how it'd work on there. do any of these have sideloading capabilities without dev license?

thank you for these
Well... I'm on the same boat.

I'm running official stock Windows 8.1 from Microsoft on my Surface 3, but I can't install any store/metro app, and sideloading is not working for me. I can't even get a developer license (needed for installing) all I can do (ending up with "installed apps") reports errors "this app can't run", I mean: I can sideload apps, but won't open.

This version of Windows does not come with policy editor, but... I tried with Windows 8.1 PRO x64 on another computer, it has policy editor, but still no luck installing apps. It seems after the store was closed we are locked to whatever comes with your Windows out of the box (BUT you can freely install any desktop classic app the usual way, you just won't have access to Store apps).

What are you trying to install? I'm after Xodo Docs (PDF editor). Lucky me, at least the stock recovery from Microsoft comes with Drawboard PDF, it's a great substitute.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
Sorry forgot...

After reading a lot on the web, I found people explaining you actually need Policy editor to change some setting, and then you can sideload. But no luck for me. I've been trying with APPBOSS, this tool allows you to directly sideload (used it in the past with great luck) but now it doesn't work, I guess it retrieved the deve license automatically, but not anymore.

Found comments on reddit (4 months ago?) explaining getting the dev license takes time, but after many errors some got it, not me... so no luck.

In the meantime, I've been backing up my Surface 3 in case something goes wrong.

And no, I haven't tried any of those Windows versions, just the official Windows 8.1 Pro x64, and Surface 3 stock. No luck on any of these so far.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
Well... I'm on the same boat.

I'm running official stock Windows 8.1 from Microsoft on my Surface 3, but I can't install any store/metro app, and sideloading is not working for me. I can't even get a developer license (needed for installing) all I can do (ending up with "installed apps") reports errors "this app can't run", I mean: I can sideload apps, but won't open.

This version of Windows does not come with policy editor, but... I tried with Windows 8.1 PRO x64 on another computer, it has policy editor, but still no luck installing apps. It seems after the store was closed we are locked to whatever comes with your Windows out of the box (BUT you can freely install any desktop classic app the usual way, you just won't have access to Store apps).

What are you trying to install? I'm after Xodo Docs (PDF editor). Lucky me, at least the stock recovery from Microsoft comes with Drawboard PDF, it's a great substitute.
i dont have a general aim for a specific app genre, but i do want to install at least SOME apps it depends on what im looking for, i think an excellent one is vlc for windows store. but thats the only (specific) one im looking for.

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7
    Motherboard
    Unknown
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon RX 580
    Sound Card
    ?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080 on both
    Hard Drives
    1tb
    Keyboard
    Corsair k70
    Mouse
    Corsair Harpoon
    Browser
    Edge
    Other Info
    i love windows 8
  • PC2
    Surface Pro 3
Sorry forgot...

After reading a lot on the web, I found people explaining you actually need Policy editor to change some setting, and then you can sideload. But no luck for me. I've been trying with APPBOSS, this tool allows you to directly sideload (used it in the past with great luck) but now it doesn't work, I guess it retrieved the deve license automatically, but not anymore.

Found comments on reddit (4 months ago?) explaining getting the dev license takes time, but after many errors some got it, not me... so no luck.

In the meantime, I've been backing up my Surface 3 in case something goes wrong.
oh no no its all good everyone forgets something

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7
    Motherboard
    Unknown
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon RX 580
    Sound Card
    ?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080 on both
    Hard Drives
    1tb
    Keyboard
    Corsair k70
    Mouse
    Corsair Harpoon
    Browser
    Edge
    Other Info
    i love windows 8
  • PC2
    Surface Pro 3
i dont have a general aim for a specific app genre, but i do want to install at least SOME apps it depends on what im looking for, i think an excellent one is vlc for windows store. but thats the only (specific) one im looking for.
Did you have any luck with this? I've been searching ways to sideload apps now that the Windows Store is gone for W8, but nope, and everything points out to this: Windows 8 embedded Industry, as supposedly, there is no need for dev accounts. I'll try making some time to install this version of Windows. Any findings will be appreciated.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
Well... I just tried, and it didn't work :(
i mean if you use wsappbak, first turn the appx into a folder, 7zip, then use wsappbak to repackage it, install certificate into trusted root, either use powershell or windows app package installer, then it should work, it did for me, if any issues lmk

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7
    Motherboard
    Unknown
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon RX 580
    Sound Card
    ?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080 on both
    Hard Drives
    1tb
    Keyboard
    Corsair k70
    Mouse
    Corsair Harpoon
    Browser
    Edge
    Other Info
    i love windows 8
  • PC2
    Surface Pro 3
i mean if you use wsappbak, first turn the appx into a folder, 7zip, then use wsappbak to repackage it, install certificate into trusted root, either use powershell or windows app package installer, then it should work, it did for me, if any issues lmk
Tried diff things, nothing worked perhaps missed some details. Found some information on XDA developers (long thread), and they described this method stopped working; found another long thread where people described "it works" but you need to repeat every... 6 months or so, I don't remember.

Eventually, gave up. Despite loving W8.1, the speed, the versatility, I needed to keep using my Surface for Work, so I tried diff W10 builds finding one that runs the way I like and that's what I have. I enjoy speed, stability and the freedom to install the apps I need (specially from the store).

Thanks for the tips

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
Back