Windows 8.1 Does not Charge PS3 Controller

Since I updated to Windows 8.1 I cannot get my PC to charge my controller. Is there anyway to get the driver I need to enable my PC to do this again?

Go to your Device Manager and then to your Human Interface Devices section before plugging in your PS3 controller. Then plug in your PS3 controller and you will see "HID-compliant game controller" and "HID-compliant wireless radio controls" be updated to your Human Interface Devices section. Right click and disable "HID-compliant game controller" then unplug and replug in your PS3 controller and it should charge fine.
Thanks, that worked for me! Although I didn't see "HID-compliant wireless radio controls" in my device manager.

And also thanks to the thread starter: I never realised that my controller only stopped charging after upgrading to Win 8.1.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
Since I updated to Windows 8.1 I cannot get my PC to charge my controller. Is there anyway to get the driver I need to enable my PC to do this again?

Go to your Device Manager and then to your Human Interface Devices section before plugging in your PS3 controller. Then plug in your PS3 controller and you will see "HID-compliant game controller" and "HID-compliant wireless radio controls" be updated to your Human Interface Devices section. Right click and disable "HID-compliant game controller" then unplug and replug in your PS3 controller and it should charge fine.[/QUO

Hi David I just wanted to let you know that i made this membership just to thank you on your help. i just bought a surface book and had the problem charging the controller, your a life saver, thank you again:D:D:thumb:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 10
Joined the forum specifically to say thank you.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    iiyama ProLite E2403WS
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard 1.0A