Win 8 uefi boot

@alpha numeric
thanks for your continuous support , i have already tried all of those methods bt still i cant access the bios....

and that is exactly what i was saying that " With UEFI BIOS the Windows 8 Logo (the blue box) that is displayed above the circling balls on the Windows boot screen, can be replaced with the manufacturers Logo " bt this is just not in my case...

It may sound drastic but one option is to power down completely and unplug the SATA Cable from your hard drive. The BIOS will then give you a no OS found message and you'll be able to enter setup. Once you have things set the way you want power down again and plug the drive back in. Another option, if its a desktop PC, is to reset the BIOS to defaults with the motherboard jumper.

The way I think it works is the Blue Box is replaced "if" there is a logo stored in the BIOS. Maybe the manufacturer didn't include it? I know on my ASUS laptop I could find no BIOS setting that turned that functionality on or off. If I install in UEFI mode I get the ASUS Logo.

i did as u said .. removed the battery then remove my hard dirve and turn on my laptop... still no success :(
i got this error
check cable connector
PXE MOF : EXITING INTEL PXE ROM

i even removed that small silver cell and then tried to enter bios bt the same above error ....

NOW what should i do...............

What do you finally end up with on your screen? Can you do anything via keyboard or access any settings at all?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Asus
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition Deneb 3.7GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS M4N68T-M V2 µATX Motherboard
    Memory
    8GB 4GBx2 Kingston PC10600 DDR3 1333 Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA Geforce GT640 2 Gig DDR3 PCIe
    Sound Card
    VIA VT1708s High Definition Audio 8-channel Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    22" LG E2242 1080p and 2 19" I-INC AG191D
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024 - 1920x1080 - 1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    Crucial MX100 256 GB SSD and 500 GB WD Blue SATA
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Power Up Black ATX Mid-Tower Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless K350 Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech M570 Trackball and T650 TouchPad
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    HP DVD1040e Lightscribe - External USB2
Don't take this the wrong way but are you absolutely sure your pressing the correct key to access the BIOS. Something that worked for me when I didn't know what key to press was to just hold down any key on the keyboard and press the power button. This almost always generated a keyboard error and paused the boot process to allow me to enter the BIOS. This may not work with todays USB keyboards though. I would imagine your getting quit frustrated with this by now but there has to be way to get in.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
yes u r rite bt after installing the win8 in uefi boot , now when i run that update , system hangS and i cant do any thing ..... i updated it last time in 2012 when i was using the old "LEGACY BIOS"......

I'm sorry, but I've read this a half dozen times, and for the life of me.. I can't figure out what you're trying to say.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Auria 27" IPS + 2x Samsung 23"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Corsair m4 256GB, 2 WD 2TB drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
yes u r rite bt after installing the win8 in uefi boot , now when i run that update , system hangS and i cant do any thing ..... i updated it last time in 2012 when i was using the old "LEGACY BIOS"......

I'm sorry, but I've read this a half dozen times, and for the life of me.. I can't figure out what you're trying to say.

i mean that when i try to update my bios (using update file downloaded from Lenovo site) when i run that file my system stops working.. i cant even able to move my mouse......

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8
Don't take this the wrong way but are you absolutely sure your pressing the correct key to access the BIOS. Something that worked for me when I didn't know what key to press was to just hold down any key on the keyboard and press the power button. This almost always generated a keyboard error and paused the boot process to allow me to enter the BIOS. This may not work with todays USB keyboards though. I would imagine your getting quit frustrated with this by now but there has to be way to get in.

yes i m pressing the write key because it is shown on screen at that time. Actually i have already tried all the function keys.....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8
@alpha numeric
thanks for your continuous support , i have already tried all of those methods bt still i cant access the bios....

and that is exactly what i was saying that " With UEFI BIOS the Windows 8 Logo (the blue box) that is displayed above the circling balls on the Windows boot screen, can be replaced with the manufacturers Logo " bt this is just not in my case...

It may sound drastic but one option is to power down completely and unplug the SATA Cable from your hard drive. The BIOS will then give you a no OS found message and you'll be able to enter setup. Once you have things set the way you want power down again and plug the drive back in. Another option, if its a desktop PC, is to reset the BIOS to defaults with the motherboard jumper.

The way I think it works is the Blue Box is replaced "if" there is a logo stored in the BIOS. Maybe the manufacturer didn't include it? I know on my ASUS laptop I could find no BIOS setting that turned that functionality on or off. If I install in UEFI mode I get the ASUS Logo.

i did as u said .. removed the battery then remove my hard dirve and turn on my laptop... still no success :(
i got this error
check cable connector
PXE MOF : EXITING INTEL PXE ROM

i even removed that small silver cell and then tried to enter bios bt the same above error ....

NOW what should i do...............

When you did that where did you finally end up? What was shown on the screen and were there any options to change settings or enter setup? Usually there would be a prompt to enter setup?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
yes there is a prompt and i hit at exactly the same time
i enev pressed it b4 turning on my laptop.... bt i finally end up with my desktop...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8
yes there is a prompt and i hit at exactly the same time
i enev pressed it b4 turning on my laptop.... bt i finally end up with my desktop...

No I mean when you removed the hard drive. If the hard drive is disconnected you can't load Windows so it can't go to the desktop. It won't be able to load an OS so it will just stop with a BIOS error message. Any time I have done this I got a message telling me to enter setup to fix the error.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info

i mean that when i try to update my bios (using update file downloaded from Lenovo site) when i run that file my system stops working.. i cant even able to move my mouse......

For how long? Did you let it finish? Updating the BIOS typically does lock up the system because the BIOS cannot be used while it's being updated, and it can take several minutes.

You should probably contact Lenovo if you can't update the BIOS, that sounds like your BIOS may be damaged.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650