wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration (Limited)

ipconfig_all.jpg

Using an Administrator Command Prompt, and the command, ipconfig /all
notice the Default Gateway is present, this is the routers address where the device receives its own address using dhcp. Look at your wifi in ipconfig /all and see if it is present... :geek:

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    17074 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP dv7 3173nr
    CPU
    M520
    Memory
    5GB
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Internet Speed
    120Mb/s
  • PC2
    HP A12 R7 17074
View attachment 25109

Using an Administrator Command Prompt, and the command, ipconfig /all
notice the Default Gateway is present, this is the routers address where the device receives its own address using dhcp. Look at your wifi in ipconfig /all and see if it is present... :geek:

Thanks. I meant to attach this on my last post but forgot. This is what my ip configuration looks like now. The default gateway is present but my connection is still limited.

Attachments

• Capture8.PNG
    Capture8.PNG
    18.3 KB · Views: 149

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Envy H8-1485ea
Do you have an application from Belkin open in the system tray that handles your wifi connections? You are showing a DNS suffix search listing named Belkin... if it uses the startup folder, disable it momentarily in task manager so it doesn't start on boot. Shut down your machine. Turn off power to your router, wait five minutes, turn router back on, wait for all lights to get to their steady state, restart your computer,... what does ipconfig /all show now...?

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    17074 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP dv7 3173nr
    CPU
    M520
    Memory
    5GB
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Internet Speed
    120Mb/s
  • PC2
    HP A12 R7 17074
Do you have an application from Belkin open in the system tray that handles your wifi connections? You are showing a DNS suffix search listing named Belkin...

I don't have any Belkin application on my desktop, I only have a Belkin modem router.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Envy H8-1485ea
Are you close enough to the router to connect with an Ethernet cable? Can you access the router management page with a browser using the 192.168.2.1 in the address bar?

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    17074 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP dv7 3173nr
    CPU
    M520
    Memory
    5GB
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Internet Speed
    120Mb/s
  • PC2
    HP A12 R7 17074
No, unfortunately not. I am upstairs and the router is downstairs, I could bring my computer down if that is likely to shed some light on the problem. Secondly no i cannot access the router management from the browser on that computer, but I can from other computers if it's required.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Envy H8-1485ea
I was curious as to what channel your wifi is set to use and do you have many neighbors using wifi? Your hardware appears to be working properly on the dsktp, if the signal is low or has interference from cordless phones, cell phones, microwaves, or just too many access points on a channel, you get limited connection. If you start from scratch setting your router wifi to channel 6 or ll, and give it a new passphrase under WPA-2 Personal, then boot computer, go to ipv4 properties, advanced button and add the gateway, 192.168.2.1, click add, OK, it should force the adapter to see the router...

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    17074 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP dv7 3173nr
    CPU
    M520
    Memory
    5GB
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Internet Speed
    120Mb/s
  • PC2
    HP A12 R7 17074
The last ipconfig shows a valid IP and is connected so something appears to be blocking the connection, most likely an anti virus software of some sort, maybe a trial version who knows but something is blocking it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home built
    CPU
    Q9650 @ 4.05 GHz
    Motherboard
    Gforce 780i SLI FTW
    Memory
    8GB Gskill DDR2 1200Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX-480
    Sound Card
    Asus D2 Xonar
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HannsG
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Gskill 120GB SSD
    PSU
    Thermal Take 1000watts
    Case
    Thermal Take Xtreme
    Cooling
    9 fans air cooled
    Keyboard
    G15 logitech
    Mouse
    G9 logitech
    Internet Speed
    50mbps
sir i have the same problem,i used to connect to my collage wifi , which is powered by sonicwall for the past 1 year,but i can t able to connect it anymore from my room.... i use TP link wifi routerTL-WN7200ND...my singnals are good in my room buy it not connecting,sayin unidentified network...i tried formating c dive and re installed OS and all, i tried even windows 7,but my problem is not solved,i have huge head ache with this for the past two days,,plsssss help me....
i tried ipconfig cmd command and many, but none of them worked for me.........
i forgot tell something,i can connecto the proxy from a 10 rooms after my room,with the same singnal strength......
but not from my room....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    dell inspiron N5010
    Graphics Card(s)
    intel
    Browser
    mozilla firefox
Do you have anything else connecting to the router that actually works (either wired or wirelessly)?
Have you tried power cycling the modem and the router?
Have you tried an ipconfig /reelease and then an ipconfig /renew after power cycling both?

Thank you for your reply.
Yes sorry, I forgot to mention that there are several laptops, a desktop comp, an xbox and other devices connected to the router wirelessly and a desktop which is wired all of which are not experiencing issues. I have a Belkin modem router, which I have tried power cycling. I have not tried the third step however, I will try this and update with the result.

Thanks

I know I have jumped into the middle of your post, but I had a similar problem this morning, 09/03/2014. I tried everything, checked the software, checked connections internally and still had the same "Wi-Fi doesn't have an ip config". In the end I went to HP's website and downloaded both the Wi-Fi and LAN drivers again for 8.1 and installed both. The Wi-Fi asked "Repair, Uninstall and Install. I plumped for Repair and now I have both Wi-Fi and LAN working. Also my AV asked is this connection OK. This helped me.

Hope this is of some use.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Pavilion 15-e020sa
    CPU
    Intell(R) Core (TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2.4Ghz 2.4Ghz
    Memory
    8GB (7.89GB usable)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Antivirus
    Vipre Internet Security, CCleaner, MalWare Bytes, Revo Uni'r
I had the same problem. I solved the problem by connecting my PC through the cable, going to the router page and changing the wireless SSID and password.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro x64
Back