Why Have Most Windows 8 Users Not Upgraded to Windows 8.1?

Windows 8.1 is a free upgrade to Windows 8. It’s what the original Windows 8 should have been, with important improvements for both desktop and tablet users. So why are more people using Windows 8 than Windows 8.1?

It’s hard not to see this as a failure for Microsoft. Windows 8.1 is the first “new version” of Windows they’ve given out for free to existing users and most Windows 8 users aren’t biting.

Source

A Guy

Because Microsoft did it though the Windows store instead of Windows update. I think they would have got more takers if they had done it that way and made it a "recommended update".

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Asus
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition Deneb 3.7GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS M4N68T-M V2 µATX Motherboard
    Memory
    8GB 4GBx2 Kingston PC10600 DDR3 1333 Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA Geforce GT640 2 Gig DDR3 PCIe
    Sound Card
    VIA VT1708s High Definition Audio 8-channel Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    22" LG E2242 1080p and 2 19" I-INC AG191D
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024 - 1920x1080 - 1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    Crucial MX100 256 GB SSD and 500 GB WD Blue SATA
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Power Up Black ATX Mid-Tower Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless K350 Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech M570 Trackball and T650 TouchPad
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    HP DVD1040e Lightscribe - External USB2

Because Microsoft did it though the Windows store instead of Windows update. I think they would have got more takers if they had done it that way and made it a "recommended update".

Agreed!
That, and the fact that the migration/transformation to Windows 8 did not go smoothly for a huge number of users, and may still be progressing poorly. So..., it scares a lot of people off.

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Pavillion
  • PC2
    Tablet - Windows 10 Home

Agreed!
That, and the fact that the migration/transformation to Windows 8 did not go smoothly for a huge number of users, and may still be progressing poorly. So..., it scares a lot of people off.

If you have an OEM install and only recovery disks to fall back on ( if you took the time to make them) its a big issue if your update goes south. I've only done it once though the store and it didn't go well. I'm one of the lucky few who have access to clean ISO's so I just started over and did a clean install of 8.1. A lot had to go back to the OEM 8.0 install and debate having another go at the store update. I'm betting they didn't do it that second time.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
A lot had to go back to the OEM 8.0 install and debate having another go at the store update. I'm betting they didn't do it that second time.

I'm betting they didn't run recimg after the upgrade either and just hoped for the best. Each to their own.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro Prieview x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    MacBook Pro Core2Duo
    CPU
    T7600
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon X1600
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Internal
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 800
    Hard Drives
    40GB
    Keyboard
    Apple
    Mouse
    Apple
    Internet Speed
    Varies
    Browser
    Various
    Antivirus
    Defender
A lot had to go back to the OEM 8.0 install and debate having another go at the store update. I'm betting they didn't do it that second time.

I'm betting they didn't run recimg after the upgrade either and just hoped for the best. Each to their own.

Even a stand alone downloadable update would have been a good move, especially if you have more than one PC to update. Based on past performance though, I wouldn't get your hopes up at them offering up an ISO this time around. I'd be more than happy to eat those words though.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
To clarify as someone who has hesitated with her desktop- compatibility. I'm still undecided on whether I'm simply upgrading my desktop or replacing it- I do either on a three year cycle. I'm just a year into this desktop's lifespan and whatever decision I make doesn't have to be made until January 2016 when I might end up getting a new one anyway. I always install programs which worked on old versions of Windows and quite frankly I'd rather save the compatibility headache until I have to deal with it. Also, I can upgrade to 8.1- HP has been very helpful in saying which models can and can't but many people have effectively been stranded on Windows 8 and I don't agree with them cutting off the Windows 8 lifespan. It's nothing against 8.1 but it's a new operating system masquerading as an update and people shouldn't be penalized for being unable to deploy it.

The more people who don't, the more likely Microsoft will cave and do something for them. I'd rather they focus all their attention on Windows 9 than their various shades of Windows 8 operating systems anyway.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 64-bit/ Windows 8.1 64-bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Desktop: Allison Designs by Austin Computers / Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L50-A006
    CPU
    Intel Core i5- 4590/ Intel Core i5 processor 4200U
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte H97M-D3H/ ?
    Memory
    16 GB Kingston at 1600 Mhz/ 4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX 760 OC Windforce (2 GB/256-bit)/ nVIDIA GeForce GT 740M 2GB
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio'
    Monitor(s) Displays
    AOC 2216Vw 22"/ 15.6" Widescreen HD LED Backlit Display
    Screen Resolution
    1680*1050 / 1366*768
    Hard Drives
    2 TB Western Digital Black Caviar Drive (7200 RPM)/ 750GB (5400rpm) with Toshiba HDD Accelerator
    PSU
    Coolermaster 750W VS Series 80+ Gold Power Supply (Desktop Only)
    Case
    Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Mid Tower Gaming Case (Desktop Only)
    Cooling
    Two Case 120 mm fans and GPU, CPU, PSU cooled by own fans respectively. (Desktop Only)
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Wired Keyboard Desktop 600 (Desktop Only)
    Mouse
    Microsoft Wired Mouse 600/ Toshiba Touchpad and Logitech Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer and Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    Norton 360 by Symantec
Ipeople shouldn't be penalized for being unable to deploy it.
How are you penalised? You don't have to do anything if you are happy with what you have. It isn't going to get suddenly worse.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    MacBook Pro Core2Duo
    CPU
    T7600
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon X1600
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Internal
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 800
    Hard Drives
    40GB
    Keyboard
    Apple
    Mouse
    Apple
    Internet Speed
    Varies
    Browser
    Various
    Antivirus
    Defender
How are you penalised? You don't have to do anything if you are happy with what you have. It isn't going to get suddenly worse.

Moving the end of main lifespan cycle up to 2016 rather than 2018? That is penalizing people and rendering many computers, a lot of OEMs usually with a prematurely unsecure OS. I feel for people who are affected because they bought machines in good faith that it was (Windows 8) a new operating system and they would be fine. It's my other reason for not updating because the more machines that don't, Microsoft may reconsider its stance and it might not affect me but it does affect others.
My first reason is foremost compatibility. Generally, start screen/start menu and cumbersome search properties aside, I'm happy to move onto new systems. I became happier with Windows 8 after I stopped trying to install third party start menus. I like Windows 8.1 on my laptop- they'd pretty much have to turn the OS into a cloud streaming, power user denied joke for me not to keep moving on.

I guess I'm sympathetic because these aren't people holding onto XP and trying to cripple new machines- they bought new machines in a lot of instances or upgraded to a new OS in Windows 8 with a main lifecycle to 2018 and then their hardware was unable to upgrade to the new "update" and then support's end was brought up to 2016.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 64-bit/ Windows 8.1 64-bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Desktop: Allison Designs by Austin Computers / Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L50-A006
    CPU
    Intel Core i5- 4590/ Intel Core i5 processor 4200U
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte H97M-D3H/ ?
    Memory
    16 GB Kingston at 1600 Mhz/ 4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX 760 OC Windforce (2 GB/256-bit)/ nVIDIA GeForce GT 740M 2GB
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio'
    Monitor(s) Displays
    AOC 2216Vw 22"/ 15.6" Widescreen HD LED Backlit Display
    Screen Resolution
    1680*1050 / 1366*768
    Hard Drives
    2 TB Western Digital Black Caviar Drive (7200 RPM)/ 750GB (5400rpm) with Toshiba HDD Accelerator
    PSU
    Coolermaster 750W VS Series 80+ Gold Power Supply (Desktop Only)
    Case
    Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Mid Tower Gaming Case (Desktop Only)
    Cooling
    Two Case 120 mm fans and GPU, CPU, PSU cooled by own fans respectively. (Desktop Only)
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Wired Keyboard Desktop 600 (Desktop Only)
    Mouse
    Microsoft Wired Mouse 600/ Toshiba Touchpad and Logitech Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer and Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    Norton 360 by Symantec
I think you'll find it is only older AMD processors that lack the CMPXCHG16b instruction set and will not work with 64 bit 8.1. It would be annoying if you were in that boat but nothing lasts for ever. Some people on this forum have found that these old AMD processors do in fact work.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    MacBook Pro Core2Duo
    CPU
    T7600
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon X1600
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Internal
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 800
    Hard Drives
    40GB
    Keyboard
    Apple
    Mouse
    Apple
    Internet Speed
    Varies
    Browser
    Various
    Antivirus
    Defender
Hi there
Windows 8.1 is better in almost EVERY WAY especially if you don't like or use the "Metro" interface. Boot to the desktop directly.

I'm even LOATHING the interface on Smartphones -- if you have lots of apps installed you are forever scrolling and it' needs a Ph.D in Computer Science to even start to arrange these in a sensible order -- modern phones seem to come with loads of bloatware apps that can't be uninstalled.

Actually the Metro interface isn't new at all --it's rather old fashioned and can really be called "The Kiddies Interface".

Have a look. !!!

@ StriikeN

BTW I have some programs that STILL can only run on XP -- I just use a VM for those -- W8.1 is really snappier (much) than W7 so why not just run your application on small W7 Virtual machine and keep W8.1 for the rest. Virtual Machines these days are really efficient and run almost at native speed on modern hardware.

Cheers
jimbo

Why does it feel like I've read this once or twice before.... :rolleyes:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
Hi there
OK - but unless you said in your post that you had added a 3rd party app the info you gave was misleading as it implied that W8 can boot straight to the desktop "Out of the box" which it doesn't.

I'm not having a go at you but it's very easy for people to get the wrong info like some would say - where's the configuration for W8 to boot straight to desktop.

W8.1 DOES boot straight to desktop without any 3rd party addons.

Cheers
jimbo

Hi Jimbo,

Just checked my BootCamp and Yes, with the installation of Pokki Windows 8 Start Menu, I managed to boot into desktop directly. Like on your screendump, in Windows 8 there is NO "Navigation" tab present, only "Taskbar". So for that fact 8.1 is a GOOD upgrade. ;)

Sorry for causing the misunderstanding!

Cheers

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Apple Mac Pro 5.1 (2012)
    CPU
    DODECA @ 2.66 GHz
    Motherboard
    MP 5.1
    Memory
    24 GB @ 1333 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX-670-4GB-FTW-PC & ATI XT 2600 HD Mac
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 EVO's 500GB @ Apricorn Velocity DUO x2 PCIe
    Case
    The most beautiful IMHO
    Keyboard
    Wired
    Mouse
    Mighty Mouse
    Antivirus
    ESET Internet Security Pro
I believe some of the reasons are due to lack of the possibillity to do a "clean install". When you have a windows 8 licence key, you can't get a Windows 8.1 ISO to install from. If you get your hand on an ISO (torrent or whatever), then you can't install it with your windows 8 key. Finding an (unlegal??) installkey, install windows 8.1, change to your legal windows 8 key, and THEN you can activate your windows 8.1.

This stupid solution brings some poor installations to surface. First install a windows 8, then opdate a lot, then upgrade til windows 8.1, then update some more, and then change key. No wounder normal people don't like to start such a job.

When Windows 8.1 CAN be activated with a windows 8 key, why the .uc. can't we be allowed to install windows 8.1 in the best possible way, without having to use an "install key", that we're not even sure is legal to use?

I have had a big search going on for finding an .ISO in my language (danish) with Windows 8.1 Pro x64. I can't download it from Microsoft as I only have an Windows 8 Pro key. But at last I have succes in finding such an .ISO, and after a clean install with Windows 8.1 I can now see some of the better things MS has been done with the OS (for my use).

All the way back to Windows 95 it was never a good idea to "upgrade" an OS, you get the smallest and the fastest system by a clean install, so WHY does MS want most of os to go through this "upgrade hell"??

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64bit Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 3570K @4,4Ghz
    Motherboard
    MSI Z77A GD65
    Memory
    16Gbyte DDR3 1866Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX770 lightning
    Sound Card
    Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    BenQ BL2411
    Screen Resolution
    1920*1200
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840EVO 240Gbyte, Samsung 830 256Gbyte SSD, Seagate 4TB , Western Digital black edition 1,5Tbyte
    PSU
    Zalman ZM850 HP
    Case
    Corsair Carbide 500R
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Mouse
    Logitech G5
    Internet Speed
    60/60mbit fiber
    Browser
    Chrome
    Antivirus
    BitDefender total security
Looks like i have the slowest internet! i takes me 13-16 hrs to download 3 gb :confused:(55kbps)

Sorry to be a pedant (and doubly so if I am wrong). 3gb is 3.221.225.472 bytes or 25.769.803.776 bits. At 55kbps this would take around 5 1/2 days. I guess your speed must be better than you thought (or my arithmetic worse of course). Cheers :)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell
    CPU
    Inspiron 530S
    Motherboard
    64Bit X64 based Processor
    Memory
    4.5GB Ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    1GB - XFX ONE ATI Radeon HD 5450 - Plus Edition
    Sound Card
    Inbuilt
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1440*900
    Hard Drives
    1*Seagate 150gb + 1*Seagate 320gb
    Cooling
    3 x fans
    Keyboard
    Dell Analog
    Mouse
    Dell USB Mouse
    Internet Speed
    1Mbps, 100kbps Download Speed
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, Bitdefender, but Switched off
If you have an OEM install and only recovery disks to fall back on ( if you took the time to make them) its a big issue if your update goes south. I've only done it once though the store and it didn't go well. I'm one of the lucky few who have access to clean ISO's so I just started over and did a clean install of 8.1. A lot had to go back to the OEM 8.0 install and debate having another go at the store update. I'm betting they didn't do it that second time.

I have an OEM install and the first time didn't go well for me either. After a trip to HP for repair when it arrived back to my house, I had to call support because the idjits didn't finish the repair job, so I stayed with Windows 8 for quite awhile.

As a beta tester, one of the betas I'm on absolutely and positively required Windows 8.1, so I had to bite the bullet and install 8.1. Since time was of the essence, I went through the Store for the update. Reluctantly, I must say!

What is amazing is that I actually cannot tell any difference between the Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 installs. I actually went into my system to be sure I'm running 8.1. Well, duh! The beta I'm on didn't work on Windows 8 before installing 8.1, but I still went in and looked. :eek:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Pavilion 500-056
    CPU
    AMD Elite Quad-Core A8-6500
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon HD 8570D
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer 23"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1080
    Hard Drives
    1 TB
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wave K350
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
    Fast
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender

Adam, those who have systems that won't take Windows 8.1 have a very short life-span for Windows 8. IOW, if I cannot update to Windows 8.1, MIcrosoft will cut off support for my OS much earlier than they will for Window 7! So, yes, those who cannot update to Windows 8.1 are penalized.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Pavilion 500-056
    CPU
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon HD 8570D
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer 23"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1080
    Hard Drives
    1 TB
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wave K350
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
    Fast
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
I think you'll find it is only older AMD processors that lack the CMPXCHG16b instruction set and will not work with 64 bit 8.1. It would be annoying if you were in that boat but nothing lasts for ever. Some people on this forum have found that these old AMD processors do in fact work.

Nope, Adam, it's not only AMD proessors; I have an Intel CPU that took Windows 8 64 bit quite handily, but when I attempted to update to Windows 8.1, I could not. Somewhere in Microsoft's wisdom, they changed the rules on a large number of us. On top of that, those who cannot even roll back to 32 bit, suffer the consequences because Windows 8 will be obsolete and unsupported years before its time.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Pavilion 500-056
    CPU
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon HD 8570D
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer 23"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1080
    Hard Drives
    1 TB
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wave K350
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
    Fast
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
I have an Intel CPU that took Windows 8 64 bit quite handily, but when I attempted to update to Windows 8.1, I could not.
Your system specs says AMD Elite Quad-Core A8-6500 - perhaps you are talking about another PC. I did find on Microsoft site yesterday a quote that said no changes were necessary between 8 and 8.1 which is obviously untrue - there are plenty of threads here stating the contrary.

I'd be astonished if anyone bought a OEM PC with windows 8 pre-installed that wouldn't upgrade to 8.1 though.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    MacBook Pro Core2Duo
    CPU
    T7600
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon X1600
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Internal
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 800
    Hard Drives
    40GB
    Keyboard
    Apple
    Mouse
    Apple
    Internet Speed
    Varies
    Browser
    Various
    Antivirus
    Defender
I believe some of the reasons are due to lack of the possibillity to do a "clean install". When you have a windows 8 licence key, you can't get a Windows 8.1 ISO to install from. If you get your hand on an ISO (torrent or whatever), then you can't install it with your windows 8 key. Finding an (unlegal??) installkey, install windows 8.1, change to your legal windows 8 key, and THEN you can activate your windows 8.1.

This stupid solution brings some poor installations to surface. First install a windows 8, then opdate a lot, then upgrade til windows 8.1, then update some more, and then change key. No wounder normal people don't like to start such a job.

When Windows 8.1 CAN be activated with a windows 8 key, why the .uc. can't we be allowed to install windows 8.1 in the best possible way, without having to use an "install key", that we're not even sure is legal to use?

I have had a big search going on for finding an .ISO in my language (danish) with Windows 8.1 Pro x64. I can't download it from Microsoft as I only have an Windows 8 Pro key. But at last I have succes in finding such an .ISO, and after a clean install with Windows 8.1 I can now see some of the better things MS has been done with the OS (for my use).

All the way back to Windows 95 it was never a good idea to "upgrade" an OS, you get the smallest and the fastest system by a clean install, so WHY does MS want most of os to go through this "upgrade hell"??

Great post!!! Indeed these update and upgrade -very time consuming- routines MAKES NO SENSE at all, M$ BS!!!

Cheers

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Apple Mac Pro 5.1 (2012)
    CPU
    DODECA @ 2.66 GHz
    Motherboard
    MP 5.1
    Memory
    24 GB @ 1333 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX-670-4GB-FTW-PC & ATI XT 2600 HD Mac
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 EVO's 500GB @ Apricorn Velocity DUO x2 PCIe
    Case
    The most beautiful IMHO
    Keyboard
    Wired
    Mouse
    Mighty Mouse
    Antivirus
    ESET Internet Security Pro
Upgrading Windows 8 to 8.1 is the most horrific experience I have had Windows, ever.
My attempts failed 3 times and every try took about 3 hours, then it rolled back slowly.
Not to mention, that in order to install it you need to register a pesky microsoft account.
I am really disappointed, that Microsoft does not allow users to legally download 8.1 ISO.
I navigated my friend to upgrade and he failed 2 times, then he was forced to use 8.1 ISO.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo E525
    CPU
    AMD A4-3300M @ 2,0GHz
    Memory
    6GB DDR3 1333MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon HD 6480G 512MB shared
    Sound Card
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    WD 465GB
    Cooling
    Fusion Tweaker
    Keyboard
    Logitech K360
    Mouse
    Logitech M705
    Internet Speed
    50/50 MBps
    Browser
    Yandex
    Antivirus
    No AV & No Firewall
    Other Info
    Headphones: Sennheiser RS170
Looks like i have the slowest internet! i takes me 13-16 hrs to download 3 gb :confused:(55kbps)

Sorry to be a pedant (and doubly so if I am wrong). 3gb is 3.221.225.472 bytes or 25.769.803.776 bits. At 55kbps this would take around 5 1/2 days. I guess your speed must be better than you thought (or my arithmetic worse of course). Cheers :)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

http://www.w3schools.com/downloadwww.htm :thumbsup:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU