What is owner opinion on Atom based Win8 tablets?

As for basic computing Its good because of battery life.But if you want the master then core's are the best Ima just wait for the The bay trail atomwindows 8 tablets and etc. come out. And core's for they'll be more power ful witha good performance.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
I have a ThinkPad Tablet 2 running Atoms 1.80 GHz processor with 2 GB of RAM in a Windows 8 Pro environment. My workhorse apps are Office 2010 Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. So far I have not seen any drag in running the programs. I also use the tablet to watch movies on Netflix w/o issues. With the 9-10 hours of battery life, this tablet is coming really close to be my desktop replacement.
Thanks for the input. The TT2 has always been near the top of my list. I need something small which also includes a digitizer.

Do you use OneNote or can you speak to how the digitizer is? Does it have detection problems at the edges? Responsiveness? Is the included stylus (smaller) uncomfortable after long periods of use? Have you tried it with the Wacomb Bamboo feel or any other stylus?

One other question and I am not sure if you have the doc or not. But can you run a Windows 8 tablet with a second monitor in extended mode. So the tablet shows the modern desktop all the time and the monitor shows the legacy desktop?

Other than being a little leery about Wifi and USB issues others have experienced with the TT2, my biggest beef is availability. 4+ weeks at the Lenovo site and many of the other accessories are also on backorder.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
The thinkpad tablet is currently the only 10.1 inch tablet with a digitizer. The samsung ativ smart pc 500t is clocked at 1.80ghz and has a digitizer and ll.6 inch display. $599 at amazon.com without keyboard. I've heard good things about it too.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
In terms of OneNote, it's been a nice App. I have not had any issues with the digitizer. My experience with the on-screen touch pad has been quite positive as well. I didn't get a docking station, b/c I have another computer I use at the office. I was interested in getting this tablet as a companion device.

I initially ordered TT2 from Lenovo, with a 4 week delay. Then I found one on Amazon for cheaper (due to tax), and had it ship to me overnight for $634 in total.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8 Pro
    System Manufacturer/Model
    ThinkPad Tablet 2
    CPU
    Atoms 1.80 GHz
    Memory
    2.00 GB
In terms of OneNote, it's been a nice App. I have not had any issues with the digitizer. My experience with the on-screen touch pad has been quite positive as well. I didn't get a docking station, b/c I have another computer I use at the office. I was interested in getting this tablet as a companion device.

I initially ordered TT2 from Lenovo, with a 4 week delay. Then I found one on Amazon for cheaper (due to tax), and had it ship to me overnight for $634 in total.

I like the design of the Lenovo thinkpad 2. But Im only going to use desktop for animating and multimedia. The rest will be the metro ui for me.:p

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Back