Solved Weird sounds

I did that last night and I have their modem/router bridged to my router; so the tech wanted me to disconnect my router and go back to theirs for a few hours. I should have I guess, but it meant losing my unblockus Netflix and going through connecting to tech support again (just laziness on my part), but I just can't see how it's my router as it's been working perfectly since I got it about six months ago. I'll try your suggestion and disconnect from internet. Other than that one blurb it's been quiet.
I was thinking about the PC and even though it's plugged in it's still wifi'd as it connects to printer through wifi; so rogue air waves could still be the problem.

Never heard of it yet were something is getting in between the router and the PC from WiFi, i felt more chances through equipment itself and wiring or connections, read a bit of last link i posted in article it's possible "ingress" .

Unfortunately you have to be patient and willing to go through steps to narrow down the culprit, been there many times myself in a situation. Because it is intermittent makes it harder. Things working perfectly one day, can go bad the next there electronics.

Something with it's shielding or something has changed nearby you or as said bad connection, bad wire could be on part of providers wiring too. Even with this modem you believe is fine, since it was up to now. You pay for internet service, let them also check this too, worth it. Good luck, post back.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    CyberPowerPC Gamer Xtreme 1502 (GX1502)
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHZ 64 bit 6-Core Processor
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
    Memory
    G.Skill 16GB Quad Channel DDR4-2400MHZ
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ DDR5 4GB
    Sound Card
    Creative Sound Blaster ZxR 5.1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    ASUS PA24Q 24" Pro Art IPS LCD/LED Backlit 1920x1200
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200 16:10
    Hard Drives
    SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal SSD,
    Crucial MX100 512GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal SSD,
    WD WD10EZEX-00RKKA0 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 3.5 Internal HDD
    PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 750W 80 Plus Gold Full Modular
    Case
    AZZA Cosmas Black Gaming Case
    Cooling
    Cool Master Hyper 212 Evo Dual 120mm, ( 2) Noctua PWM 120mm Case Fans (1) Gelid PWM 120mm Blue LED
    Keyboard
    Logitech K800 Illumiated Wireless Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball
    Internet Speed
    84mbps /94mbps
    Browser
    Mozilla Firefox 41.0.1 / Microsoft Edge/ IE 11
    Antivirus
    Norton Security 2015
    Other Info
    Pioneer BDR-209DBK 16x Blu-Ray Burner, LG 24x Dual Layer DVD Burner,
    StarTech Front Bay 22-in-1 USB 2.0 Internal Multi Media Memory Card Reader,Logitech Z906 5.1 Speaker system
Well I just had a long interference session and while it was on I turned off my laptop's wifi connection to router and the interference carried on as before. So not the router right??
I was going to do as my service provider suggested and un bridge their modem/router and disconnect mine.
I find it odd that no one else seems to have experienced this other than CountMike and his heater:D

I did read the Ingress article; very interesting.

There is a lot of information out there using Google on RFI, but all I could find was noise interference; not an actual radio station broadcast.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home build
Well I just had a long interference session and while it was on I turned off my laptop's wifi connection to router and the interference carried on as before. So not the router right??
I was going to do as my service provider suggested and un bridge their modem/router and disconnect mine.
I find it odd that no one else seems to have experienced this other than CountMike and his heater:D

I did read the Ingress article; very interesting.

There is a lot of information out there using Google on RFI, but all I could find was noise interference; not an actual radio station broadcast.

How did you turn off WiFi connection to the router ? Disable it in Network and sharing center ? Anything plugged into Laptop for WiFi or is it internal ? Well saying this made me think said it happened to another PC in house too. For sake of it disconnect the routers main cable feeding from outside.

So not even troubleshooting it with the service provider as of yet ? Where if i ever asked do you hear the sound, from speakers on laptop?

I can only figure, only way pick up a local station, CB Radio, TV broadcast is it has to get in someway, something has to act as an antenna. One person was suggesting Malware, but both PC's kind of odd, plus 2 different OS's .

:think:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Cool Master Hyper 212 Evo Dual 120mm, ( 2) Noctua PWM 120mm Case Fans (1) Gelid PWM 120mm Blue LED
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    84mbps /94mbps
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Norton Security 2015
    Other Info
    StarTech Front Bay 22-in-1 USB 2.0 Internal Multi Media Memory Card Reader,Logitech Z906 5.1 Speaker system
Know if i asked this before, but this happen with browser open only or without it too ? Completely rule out virus, even though do not think it is.

If coming i assume from speakers or external speakers, bad shielding or wires definitely cause this to happen. As said if not a radio station, it's either CB, Ham radio.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    84mbps /94mbps
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Norton Security 2015
    Other Info
Know if i asked this before, but this happen with browser open only or without it too ? Completely rule out virus, even though do not think it is.

If coming i assume from speakers or external speakers, bad shielding or wires definitely cause this to happen. As said if not a radio station, it's either CB, Ham radio.
I have had it happen seconds after boot up; nothing open but startups; and yes on both PC and Laptop 30ft apart. What you say makes a lot of sense and I have thought the same. In fact I went to a neighbours holiday season neighbourhood get together purposely to ask if anyone knew of a ham radio or the like in the neighbourhood. Nobody could help.
Another thing; why when it happens (just now did) does it not continue indefinitely; why 5 seconds, 30 seconds a minute? It's a hair puller outer.
Turned off wifi by disconnecting internet access to router. Internal connection using Broadcom network adapter.
I'll try like you suggest and unplug cable from wall.
If it were just the laptop I would think it is somehow acting as a receiver, but both PC & laptop???
Also have unplugged power from laptop and RFI continues.
We have an Ipad and Samsung Tablet and they aren't affected.
Forgot to answer: Yes sound from laptop speakers.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home build

I have had it happen seconds after boot up; nothing open but startups; and yes on both PC and Laptop 30ft apart. What you say makes a lot of sense and I have thought the same. In fact I went to a neighbours holiday season neighbourhood get together purposely to ask if anyone knew of a ham radio or the like in the neighbourhood. Nobody could help.
Another thing; why when it happens (just now did) does it not continue indefinitely; why 5 seconds, 30 seconds a minute? It's a hair puller outer.
Turned off wifi by disconnecting internet access to router. Internal connection using Broadcom network adapter.
I'll try like you suggest and unplug cable from wall.
If it were just the laptop I would think it is somehow acting as a receiver, but both PC & laptop???
Also have unplugged power from laptop and RFI continues.
We have an Ipad and Samsung Tablet and they aren't affected.
Forgot to answer: Yes sound from laptop speakers.

Well i say Ham Radio, sort of like CB Radio. Because since you say you live in sticks believe your far away from a Broadcast source for sure ( radio station, Local TV station). Thing is what exact blurps does it sound like, voices, music ?

As said before disconnecting WiFi by just disabling it on laptop. So have an adapter for laptop for WiFi ?
Yes, i want to deaden the source from the wall coming in to eliminate it (router). As i think of this may need a terminator cap at the end of cable if it is a coaxial cable coming in to router, because unhooking cable from router will still send out a signal.

Be kind of strange that it would be speakers on either laptop or PC due to it's shielding any wiring considering both and happens to be 30ft. away from each other. More in case of separate speaker system with wires going to a PC, frayed, cracked too thin wires can get interference.

When you first said of both PC and Laptop my thoughts went more towards house wiring, but then you tried laptop unplugged. Ever download something to both systems lately or service, saying something about Netflix un something ? Or even some kind of internet radio ? Also wonder has to do with grounding or shielding in electric or cables for ( TV or internet). Other things i do not know are both services together, same source ?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    84mbps /94mbps
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Norton Security 2015
    Other Info
I subscribe to Netflix and sometimes logon to Netflix on Laptop, not PC. As far as installing on both machines; that is quite possible as in Windows I have almost everything that is on my laptop on the PC; like I said almost. But my Linux Os's are totally different.
It's a Ford commercial that has come through at least twice in the last three hours, but can't tell where it's coming from.
I was going to unhook the cable right from the wall. Where would I install this terminator plug and what is it? Would I put it over the wall outlet?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home build
I subscribe to Netflix and sometimes logon to Netflix on Laptop, not PC. As far as installing on both machines; that is quite possible as in Windows I have almost everything that is on my laptop on the PC; like I said almost. But my Linux Os's are totally different.
It's a Ford commercial that has come through at least twice in the last three hours, but can't tell where it's coming from.
I was going to unhook the cable right from the wall. Where would I install this terminator plug and what is it? Would I put it over the wall outlet?

Thought about that again if disconnect it from a wall plate, won't need terminator, only if it's from the modem, meaning this way it leaves an open hanging cable to transmit a signal still, if it is coming from this source. Hmm..Ford commercial, always that one or just recent ? Seem to have to hear more of this signal to say if it is radio or TV, well we know it is not a CB Radio. See what happens with disconnection from wall for a day or so. Asked if both TV and internet were on same service provider. How is TV ?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    84mbps /94mbps
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Norton Security 2015
    Other Info
Maybe be sure of anything on these system could recommend to run this, very good program, free for 14 days, very safe, just in case, went down many roads so far, but after try disconnecting modem from wall first.
https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    84mbps /94mbps
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Norton Security 2015
    Other Info
Samsung smart TV is perfect. It is Cat 5 network cable connected to router.
It's only the past three transmissions I have been able to determine Ford content. Once sounded like a booze commercial as it was mention a nice head on it. Other times I've had a smittering of music. Also have had two chnnels vying for control so can't tell what it is.
It just dawned on me; I can't disconnect from the wall as my phone is also on cable. So from wall to splitter to Internet modem and phone modem. So I guess I will have to cap it unless you figure disconnecting internet cable from splitter would suffice.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home build

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home build
Maybe be sure of anything on these system could recommend to run this, very good program, free for 14 days, very safe, just in case, went down many roads so far, but after try disconnecting modem from wall first.
https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/
I am running Malwarbytes premium.

O.k. be careful to check if it Quarantines anything, sometimes they are false positives.rarely. Tried unplugging modem from wall first or after is o.k.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    84mbps /94mbps
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Norton Security 2015
    Other Info
Update

Update on this still unsolved problem. I have changed modems, routers and problem persists. Just this morning I disconnected network cable from modem to router and plugged it directly into computer. So Cable to modem; modem to PC. Still has the problem. So I am 99.9% sure it's my cable provider. I would say compromised cabling somewhere along the line leaking signals.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home build
Update on this still unsolved problem. I have changed modems, routers and problem persists. Just this morning I disconnected network cable from modem to router and plugged it directly into computer. So Cable to modem; modem to PC. Still has the problem. So I am 99.9% sure it's my cable provider. I would say compromised cabling somewhere along the line leaking signals.

O.k., thanks for updating us, but if i recall basically we were saying to eliminate it altogether, disconnect from wall coming in, to take away the possible disturbance if coming from the providers cable. If let cable dangle from the wall, that would still give you leakage from cable (egress) .

I believe this might be problem with providers cable outside or inside the house, however it is run, how many splits is in the cabling.
Coaxial cable can have broken or bad connectors allowing signals to get in, then act as an antenna or somewhere else down the street where cable comes from might be broken connections, frayed wiring and or bad component.

Question, did malwarebytes find anything ?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    84mbps /94mbps
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Norton Security 2015
    Other Info

O.k., thanks for updating us, but if i recall basically we were saying to eliminate it altogether, disconnect from wall coming in, to take away the possible disturbance if coming from the providers cable. If let cable dangle from the wall, that would still give you leakage from cable (egress) .

I believe this might be problem with providers cable outside or inside the house, however it is run, how many splits is in the cabling.
Coaxial cable can have broken or bad connectors allowing signals to get in, then act as an antenna or somewhere else down the street where cable comes from might be broken connections, frayed wiring and or bad component.

Question, did malwarebytes find anything ?
No nothing with Malware; but I think I have it solved; well not I, but with the help of a very smart techy from my ISP. And I feel pretty stupid over it all. There is one thing that was common in all OS's and that was Google Chrome. Chrome has extensions and background stuff going on even though the browser isn't open. I had an interference while talking to tech. He suggested opening up "volume meter" from taskbar and muting the list one at time. Well there was Chrome which I muted and the interference silenced immediately. So I have disabled most of Chrome's extensions, There are some that I know aren't the culprit like Lastpass, but I had some others that are questionable like "Better Flix" for Netflix. Anyways if I don't have any RFI's tonight I'll come back here and mark it solved. Maybe I'll use Firefox for a while.
Going back to possible cable problem; I was assured that there was no way this interference could be through the cable; On to say that the cable modem changes analog to digital and therefor eliminating the possibility of the cable being the culprit.

Regards, Allan

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home build
Glad they were able to come to resolve for you, even if it was not possibly from them, but sounds like good possibility of there checks into browsers extensions, add ons. Which i was not aware of, but recall you mentioning Netflix and some other parts of this had me thinking about it too as possible cause also.

So you are saying was other items or parts to the volume in notification area ? hmmm....
Tell you if i was in front of laptop, of course be much easier for me to look into it better see all other stuff you have, unfortunately working this way limits that. Plus i thought this issue did occur without browser open, but i guess because of this possibility of the extensions or add-ons running without it open.

As i think i thought when disconnected from internet, problem was still there, so this part makes me wonder how Chrome can still pick this up without a connection. Let us know, if need more help, your most welcome for help so far!!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    84mbps /94mbps
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Norton Security 2015
    Other Info
One time during an interference I was able to disconnect cable and RFI continued. I'm thinking now that it was playing on saved buffer. Chrome was my default browser and if I were to open up task manager on boot up trinkets of Chrome extensions were probably already running which is why I guess the interference could come on with no browser open. Volume mixer attached, only Chrome was present; muted same and RFI stopped. Typing hurriedly gotta go; hope no mistakes.

Attachments

• Mixer.JPG
    Mixer.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 71

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home build
what freq your running on the wireless.. 2.4 and 5GHz are also cordless phones.. Connect to Ethernet cable and disable (shut off) wireless..

Also try checking Bluetooth connection settings - disable if needed to test.. Cell phones use BT headsets..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB
One time during an interference I was able to disconnect cable and RFI continued. I'm thinking now that it was playing on saved buffer. Chrome was my default browser and if I were to open up task manager on boot up trinkets of Chrome extensions were probably already running which is why I guess the interference could come on with no browser open. Volume mixer attached, only Chrome was present; muted same and RFI stopped. Typing hurriedly gotta go; hope no mistakes.

I believe i know what you mean now, just tried on my system to look at mixer. See must of removed Chrome one as it no longer shows in your pic. Not possibly leakage in anyway, but not familiar to say a buffer would still run and cause it to play. Eliminated the source of modem. Obvious to an extension issue, but still may not rule out other sources .

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    84mbps /94mbps
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Norton Security 2015
    Other Info
what freq your running on the wireless.. 2.4 and 5GHz are also cordless phones.. Connect to Ethernet cable and disable (shut off) wireless..

Also try checking Bluetooth connection settings - disable if needed to test.. Cell phones use BT headsets..

Kind of done some of this already if read back on other posts.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    84mbps /94mbps
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Norton Security 2015
    Other Info
Back