Solved W2K3 Server can access W8 W8 computer cant see W2K server

Same problem? but solution doesn't work

I am having the same or at least similar problem. I am running windows 8.1 pro. I am able to connect to the server using a windows 7 machine with the same domain account but when I try with the windows 8.1 pro machine it just prompts for account credentials which I am entering correctly.I tried the solutions listed in this thread but they are not working. Any ideas?Please let me know if you think I should open a new thread since this one has been solved. I am new to these forums :).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
Just want to say thanks, the solution on this page worked for me as well after I had pretty much exhaused my other options. Makes you wonder why the Win8 troubleshooter doesn't just check for encryption restrictions when you run the damn thing, you'd think someone at Microsoft would have put their hand up and pointed out that it could end up being a problem.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    AMD FX 8350 4.01GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS SABERTOOTH-990FX-R2
    Memory
    16.0 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 VAPOR-X EDITION
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Single LG Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    Seagate SATA3 2TB 7200RPM Barracuda
    PSU
    Corsair RM-1000 ATX PSU 80 Plus Gold Full Modular
    Case
    Zalman Z11-Plus Black ATX
    Cooling
    Zalman R3MAX NANOFLUIDs Liquid Cooler
    Keyboard
    Logitech G510
    Mouse
    Logitech G600 MMO Mouse
    Browser
    Chrome
    Antivirus
    BitDefender Windows 8 Edition
Just want to say thanks, the solution on this page worked for me as well after I had pretty much exhaused my other options. Makes you wonder why the Win8 troubleshooter doesn't just check for encryption restrictions when you run the damn thing, you'd think someone at Microsoft would have put their hand up and pointed out that it could end up being a problem.

Yes it's like Jimbo said once he figured out it was the encryption and lanman server settings, he said I couldn't have figured that out in a million years, and Jimbo knows his way around an Op system. So how can Msoft expect the average layman to figure these settings out?

Of course to me these settings have been working since the Windows 7 days and I'm very familiar with them "standard procedure" but only because I've been working in the networking section of the Win 7 and 8 forums for over 5 years.

Anyway I agree with you completely and thanks for reporting your success back to this thread. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home built
    CPU
    Q9650 @ 4.05 GHz
    Motherboard
    Gforce 780i SLI FTW
    Memory
    8GB Gskill DDR2 1200Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX-480
    Sound Card
    Asus D2 Xonar
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HannsG
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Gskill 120GB SSD
    PSU
    Thermal Take 1000watts
    Case
    Thermal Take Xtreme
    Cooling
    9 fans air cooled
    Keyboard
    G15 logitech
    Mouse
    G9 logitech
    Internet Speed
    50mbps
I have similar problems but i couldnt fix it with changing the lanman settings.
We have a server 2003 r2 and windows 8.1 clients. all 2 or 3 weeks the user lose his authentication credentials.
You can see the server and go to his shares, but u have to put in your network logon credentials.
if you quit the domain and reconnect after that, the shares works fine.
3 weeks later the same problem.

even if i deposit my logon credentials and enable the checkbox to save the logon credentials, the authentication fails after i restart my workstation

anybody have an idea?

I have configured these configurations without benefits:
Code:
[INDENT]Network security: LAN Manager authentication level
Set to Send LM & NTLM responses only
Set the Minimum session security for NTLM SSP
Disable Require 128-bit encryption
[/INDENT]

the information in the log talk about: "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon"

My Computer

System One

• OS
Have tried all that, I just connect my computers and PVR through a modem router, using cable and wireless.
I will bring you up to date. Under network in explorer my win 7 laptop can see itself and the win 8 laptop and the PVR named VENUS. But under network in explorer the win 8 laptop can see itself and the win 7 laptop, it cannot see the PVR VENUS. With the win 8 laptop I can access the PVR "VENUS" by IP address and map the first folder it finds to a drive, which works ok, but I consider it a patch as win 8 complains if the PVR is not turned on, where as the way the win 7 finds the PVR when it is turned on is far superior.
Thank you
Brian
For those of us who wonder, PVR stands for Personal Video Recorder, a computer that runs software that turns it into sort of a TiVo lookalike.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Compaq nx9600
    CPU
    Pentium 4
    Memory
    2x2 GB RAM
    Other Info
    A pain to find reliable Windows 8.1 video drivers for this ATI Mobility Radeon X600 display adapter. Have to settle for WDDM drivers for Windows 7.
Back