Solved UEFI and Windows 8 Pro DVD

Great. Totally simple answer. The app is, for all practical purposes, foolproof. I really, really appreciate your time and effort in helping me understand. Finally, is getting a UEFI deficient ISO more or less random? Surely, there is (are) some systematic reason(s) for UEFI deficient ISO's. Languages? Specific servers? Specific machines? Specific "bitness" related to downloads. Combos of these? Combos of these and other factors? There has to be some systematic explanation, right?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7 Ult on DIY; Win8 Pro on MBP/Parallels; Win7 Ult on MBP/Boot Camp; Win7 Ult/Win8 Pro on HP
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    DIY Rig; MacBook Pro (MBP)/Parallels/Boot Camp; HP Pavilion dv6500t Laptop
    CPU
    Intel i7-2600K (sometimes OC'd to 4.8 GHz)
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Rev B3
    Memory
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 570 SC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway
    Hard Drives
    Dual Boot:
    Win7 Ult RAID 0 on OCZ Revo x2 and
    Win7 Ult RAID 0 on Caviar Black SATA 3's
    PSU
    Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W
    Case
    Cooler Master 932 HAF
    Cooling
    Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B CPU Fan
    Keyboard
    Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5500
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    20 Mbps Download/2+ Mbps Upload
    Other Info
    Pioneer Blu-ray Burner/DVD Burner
Great. Totally simple answer. The app is, for all practical purposes, foolproof. I really, really appreciate your time and effort in helping me understand. Finally, is getting a UEFI deficient ISO more or less random? Surely, there is (are) some systematic reason(s) for UEFI deficient ISO's. Languages? Specific servers? Specific machines? Specific "bitness" related to downloads. Combos of these? Combos of these and other factors? There has to be some systematic explanation, right?

Yes, there is MS.

Take a look Step 11, for Windows 7.
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
I see what you are saying. MS, itself, is part of the explanation. And, I see that you already have fixed the tutorial for the "need" part (as shown below). I am glad that I could provide a little help in return for all of yours.

Would it be appropriate to clarify in 2 below that you could use a retail 64-bit Windows 8 installation DVD or a 64-bit installation DVD obtained by ordering when using Windows Upgrade Assistant – Download and Run? Or, is it very well understood (not by me, although I might have surmised) that the two are the same in regard to UEFI support?

1. Do step 2 or 3 below depending on what installation Media you are using.

2. If using a Retail 64-bit Windows 8 Installation DVD
A) Insert the DVD, restart the computer, and go to step 4 below.

3. If using a 64-bit Windows 8 Installation USB Flash Drive with UEFI
A) If you have not already, you will need to create a Windows 8 installation bootable USB flash drive for UEFI from either a Windows 8 installation ISO or DVD.

B) Connect the USB, restart the computer, and go to step 4 below.

4. Press whatever key (ex: F11) it shows to boot to your motherboard's boot menu, and select to boot from the DVD or UEFI USB. (see screenshot below)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7 Ult on DIY; Win8 Pro on MBP/Parallels; Win7 Ult on MBP/Boot Camp; Win7 Ult/Win8 Pro on HP
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Rev B3
    Memory
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 570 SC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway
    Hard Drives
    Dual Boot:
    PSU
    Case
    Cooler Master 932 HAF
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
1) Part of the UEFI support is missing in some downloads.

2) MS USB Tool will format to NTFS, uEFI USB Pendrive need to be format to FAT32.

3) When reinstalling a Preinstalled Windows 8 core with a PRO disc, the key code in the BIOS will be seen, therefore will install the version of that key.
Said I'd get back on these points today. Sure you are waiting with bated breath. I now understand about 1). Can you provide a link for 2)? I remember a discussion that might be related to this tool, but can't remember exactly where. Maybe in a tutorial. Are you talking about as in UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows--Diskpart, etc.? I understand what you are saying in 3), but I am not sure how this point fits into the rest of our discussion.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Rev B3
    Memory
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 570 SC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway
    Hard Drives
    Dual Boot:
    PSU
    Case
    Cooler Master 932 HAF
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
1) Some Upgrade downloads do not have UEFI support.

How to make the ISO the easy way.
by one of your top app makers SIW2.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/12559-cant-find-option-burn-iso-disk.html#post138356
Also The MS USB Tool does not work correctly.

2) When using the Windows 8 Pro to reinstall on a PC Preinstalled with Windows 8 core, Windows 8 core will be installed NOT PRO.
Thanks theog. Let's see if I can follow you. I am going to give it a go, but I will have to be very creative and will have to put a great many words in your mouth. I have no reason whatsoever to think that my words will be correct.

I understand what you are saying in 1), but I am not sure why you said it. Are you saying it because upgrade downloads to non-UEFI computers don't have UEFI support?

I went to Can't find the option to burn an ISO disk. Here, I find the app to "Create Win8 iso with BIOS/EFI support from ESD files" (ESD-TO-ISO.zip). Will that app create an ISO with UEFI support regardless of the machine the ESD files were created on? Thus, the ISO could be used to make an install DVD or install flash drive that would have UEFI support.

You say "The MS USB Tool does not work correctly." I don't know anything about a MS USB tool. Are you saying that an install flash drive created as indicated above would work properly, while the MS USB tool would not work properly?

You say "2) When using the Windows 8 Pro to reinstall on a PC Preinstalled with Windows 8 core, Windows 8 core will be installed NOT PRO." That's interesting, but I am not sure how it connects to the earlier things you say.

Edit: Found where you discussed MS USB tool. Will figure things out later.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Rev B3
    Memory
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 570 SC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway
    Hard Drives
    Dual Boot: