The writing is in the Cloud.

It's the cloud or bust for Adobe and its customers.
Can you feel the ground shaking? That's just Adobe, which today made an earth-rattling announcement regarding its plans to go all-in with the cloud. Adobe Creative Cloud is the company's new flagship offering, a re-imagining of the Creative Suite, if you will, which will no longer see new releases (so no Creative Suite 7, which many anticipated would be announced today) but will continue to be supported.

Adobe Says Goodbye to Creative Suite, Hello to Creative Cloud | Maximum PC

Et tu, Microsoft?

Yes, that's absolutely correct as far as Adobe is concerned. I discovered this when I opened PS in Windows 8 on my dual boot and received a please explain message.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64
Yes, that's absolutely correct as far as Adobe is concerned. I discovered this when I opened PS in Windows 8 on my dual boot and received a please explain message.

Hi there
Actually adobe isn't too bad in this regard as you can transfer the license between computers any and as many times as you want - all that happens is that it disables (or notes on its servers) that your license is temporarily suspended and then you activate it again on the other computer (Dual boot counts as TWO computers -- it shouldn't as upgrading the OS doesn't invalidate the license but I've no clue about the internal algorithms of Adobe's Licensing servers. I had no trouble installing CS6 and activating again on W8 after removing W7 from my system.

You won't get bothered of course until you actually connect to the internet (and this doesn't mean using a browser - merely just being CONNECTED is sufficient).

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
I place a couple of dollars saying that pirated versions of Adobe CS6 may or may not skyrocket with this model....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
These companies are nothing more than big meanies who are causing you to not have the ability to download their latest product for free off of some torrent site.

Indeed! :mad:

I have purchased all of the software I use, at a cost of several thousands of dollars. My point was that the new model, and the rapid increases that I believe will follow, will make it unaffordable to to continue to use any "clouded" software. I was working when I bought most of my software. I'm now on a pension. I suspect the average Joe as you put it will never be able to afford the "well thought out and thorough" software.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Home Made
    CPU
    Intel I7-3770K running @ OC 4.6ghz
    Motherboard
    ASRock Extreme6 Z77
    Memory
    32GB G-Skill CL10Q @ 2400
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX670 SC 4gb
    Sound Card
    Creative XFI Fataility Platinum
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG 27" x 2 E2742-BV
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (OS) SATA 3
    1TB WD1000EARX SATA 3 Data
    WD15EADS 1.5TB
    PSU
    Corsair HX650 Silver Professional Series
    Case
    HAF 932 ADV
    Cooling
    Corair H100 liquid cooler
    Keyboard
    Logitech G110 Gamer keyboard
    Mouse
    Razor Mamba
    Internet Speed
    ADSL 2+ 20.0mbps
    Other Info
    Gigabit infrastructure; Cabling, switches; DSL2750B Modem/Router All PCs connect to Windows 2008 R2 server for website, coldfusion, SQL, Firebird and media sharing & WSUS
I remember when I had Photoshop 9 installed for a while - It had some kind of service that if closed, it would prevent PS from running. It was called LMPrint or something One Day, I came home from being out in the field, and lo and behold, there was a fresh copy of the very last thing I had printed from within the Photoshop application - Sitting there in my Printer and to this day I am positive that the tray was empty when I left that AM.

So I looked in my Even Viewer and sure enough, the command to print had been instigated by LMprint - From OUTSIDE of my local network! Deleting the file and the service would cause Photoshop not to start, so I left it in, but locked it out using my firewall, six ways from Sunday. Snikt! Never again did I ever have someone using my printer remotely like that.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro with Media Center/Windows 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus M2N-MX SE Plus § DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2300 MHz (11.5 x 200) 4400+ § Corsair Value Select
    CPU
    AMD 4400+/4200+
    Motherboard
    Asus M2N-MX SE Plus/Asus A8M2N-LA (NodusM)
    Memory
    2 GB/3GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 8400 GS/GeForce 210
    Sound Card
    nVIDIA GT218 - High Definition Audio Controller
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hitachi 40" LCD HDTV
    Screen Resolution
    "1842 x 1036"
    Hard Drives
    WDC WD50 00AAKS-007AA SCSI Disk Device
    ST1000DL 002-9TT153 SCSI Disk Device
    WDC WD3200AAJB-00J3A0 ATA Device
    WDC WD32 WD-WCAPZ2942630 USB Device
    WD My Book 1140 USB Device
    PSU
    Works 550w
    Case
    MSI "M-Box"
    Cooling
    Water Cooled
    Keyboard
    Dell Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Intellimouse
    Internet Speed
    Cable Medium Speed
    Browser
    Chrome/IE 10
    Antivirus
    Eset NOD32 6.x/Win Defend
    Other Info
    Recently lost my Windows 8 on my main PC, had to go back to Windows 7.
One day, I want to connect to someone's wireless printer around me that they have unprotected so I can print weird and silly images and things....

They will never know... :geek:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
Hm, if you know the configuration, hahaha. You'd have to get into their WiFi network too. If they are using WEP, it's easy. Most Wifi Routers have that automatic paring they do, so you'd have to know the pre shared key.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus M2N-MX SE Plus § DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2300 MHz (11.5 x 200) 4400+ § Corsair Value Select
    CPU
    AMD 4400+/4200+
    Motherboard
    Memory
    2 GB/3GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hitachi 40" LCD HDTV
    Screen Resolution
    "1842 x 1036"
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Works 550w
    Case
    MSI "M-Box"
    Cooling
    Water Cooled
    Keyboard
    Dell Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Intellimouse
    Internet Speed
    Cable Medium Speed
    Browser
    Chrome/IE 10
    Antivirus
    Other Info
So you actually download all the programs onto your PC and can use them anywhere? I assume that if you don't pay the follow-on subscription, they stop working. What would happen if the subscription date runs out and you're somewhere without connectivity, does the program stop working? Or are you committed to giving Adobe your credit card details and they just automatically deduct the $50?

Regarding the program not working, the softwares have a limit of going 99 days without being able to check in before they stop working automatically, so theoretically you could go 99 days while not connected before you HAVE to check in.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8, Windows 7
    HP Z210
    Internet Speed
    25mbps

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    AMD 4400+/4200+
    Motherboard
    Memory
    2 GB/3GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hitachi 40" LCD HDTV
    Screen Resolution
    "1842 x 1036"
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Works 550w
    Case
    MSI "M-Box"
    Cooling
    Water Cooled
    Keyboard
    Dell Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Intellimouse
    Internet Speed
    Cable Medium Speed
    Browser
    Chrome/IE 10
    Antivirus
    Other Info

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64
So let see if I have this straight: If any software company decides to change the way they put out their product (software) so that it becomes a pay as you go; then they are just ribbing off the public so they can make a better profit. These companies are nothing more than big meanies who are causing you to not have the ability to download their latest product for free off of some torrent site.

There seems to be the thought that if someone is just Joe/Jean user that he/she should be able to use this product (because it is truly important to their every day life) without the need to pay. Come on you big mean companies why should anyone have to pay more than a dime (Lucy) for a well thought out and very thorough piece of software.

Just why. . .

Oh, one other thought; does the average computer (the home user) really need Photoshop CS6 when there are some very nice free photo finishing programs available that will do just fine for (again) the average user.

Agree with, and like the sarcasm.

That said, you do raise a good point about those truly needing PS for their needs. However, from what little features of Photoshop CS 6 I do use, along with Lightroom 4, I just couldn't be without them.

But yeah, those not needing to power of Photoshop, there are other programs out there... I just don't know what they are cause I don't use them :shock:

Anyway they're just as up in arms about this over at DP Review as we are here about Windows 8.

- Adobe Creative Suites going all Cloud, no more licences: Nikon FX SLR (D1-D4, D600-D800) Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

- Now that Adobe is SCR3W1NG their customers....Will Nikon: Nikon FX SLR (D1-D4, D600-D800) Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

- Adobe Goes All-In on Subscription Pricing Model.: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Someone even started a petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/ado...-creative-cloud-subscription-model#supporters

Sheesh.... a software company makes a major change, and... oh my god, the world is coming to an end :mad:

BTW, where's that petition for the Windows 8 Start button to be brought back??? :D

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom built by me
    CPU
    Haswell i7-4770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 (BIOS F9)
    Memory
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 32 gig (1866MHz)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sapphire R9-280 Vapor X
    Sound Card
    Soundblaster ZXR
    Monitor(s) Displays
    NEC PA242W - 24 inch
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 512gig 850 Pro SSD (OS), Samsung 256gig 840 Pro SSD (photo editing), Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB HD
    PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000 G2
    Case
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Cooling
    Corsair H100i Closed Loop Cooler
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech Performance MX
    Internet Speed
    High Speed
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Norton Security
    Other Info
    RAM Speed: 1866MHZ @ 9-10-10-27-2T, 1.5v
BTW, where's that petition for the Windows 8 Start button to be brought back??? :D

There isn't a need for one, as IT sites reach far wider than DPReview and the criticism has been voiced in no uncertain terms, so much so, that even Microsoft can't ignore it anymore.

My Computer

System One

• OS

There isn't a need for one, as IT sites reach far wider than DPReview and the criticism has been voiced in no uncertain terms, so much so, that even Microsoft can't ignore it anymore.

I think a lot of IT sites (cough cough this) are also noticing Adobe's move as well ;)

That said, my remark about the Win 8 petition was meant to be sarcasm :D

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom built by me
    CPU
    Haswell i7-4770K
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sapphire R9-280 Vapor X
    Sound Card
    Soundblaster ZXR
    Monitor(s) Displays
    NEC PA242W - 24 inch
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 512gig 850 Pro SSD (OS), Samsung 256gig 840 Pro SSD (photo editing), Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB HD
    PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000 G2
    Case
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech Performance MX
    Internet Speed
    High Speed
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Norton Security
    Other Info

All indications that M$ is giving is that they will ignore users.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
    Around 13 million employes
It is the menu that users want.

Not just a button.

MS look as if they are playing selective hearing.

We won't know for sure till we see it of course

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
So let see if I have this straight: If any software company decides to change the way they put out their product (software) so that it becomes a pay as you go; then they are just ribbing off the public so they can make a better profit. These companies are nothing more than big meanies who are causing you to not have the ability to download their latest product for free off of some torrent site.

There seems to be the thought that if someone is just Joe/Jean user that he/she should be able to use this product (because it is truly important to their every day life) without the need to pay. Come on you big mean companies why should anyone have to pay more than a dime (Lucy) for a well thought out and very thorough piece of software.

Just why. . .

Oh, one other thought; does the average computer (the home user) really need Photoshop CS6 when there are some very nice free photo finishing programs available that will do just fine for (again) the average user.

Agree with, and like the sarcasm.

That said, you do raise a good point about those truly needing PS for their needs. However, from what little features of Photoshop CS 6 I do use, along with Lightroom 4, I just couldn't be without them.

But yeah, those not needing to power of Photoshop, there are other programs out there... I just don't know what they are cause I don't use them :shock:

Anyway they're just as up in arms about this over at DP Review as we are here about Windows 8.

- Adobe Creative Suites going all Cloud, no more licences: Nikon FX SLR (D1-D4, D600-D800) Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

- Now that Adobe is SCR3W1NG their customers....Will Nikon: Nikon FX SLR (D1-D4, D600-D800) Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

- Adobe Goes All-In on Subscription Pricing Model.: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Someone even started a petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/ado...-creative-cloud-subscription-model#supporters

Sheesh.... a software company makes a major change, and... oh my god, the world is coming to an end :mad:

Hi there
CS6 will work for YEARS -- also if you don't use all the CS6 features CS2 is available FREE on the adobe site as "Abandonware" - but grab it while you can. I only upgraded to CS6 because I use the extended version with 3-D support.

If you use CS2 --99% of CS2 is more than enough for non Pros (and even for a lot of pros too) then you can convert RAW files for unsupported newer cameras by simply using the CAMERAS own software to convert the RAW file to TIFF etc --then carry on working in photoshop.

It will be a long time --if ever before I pay Adobe a subscription to use Photoshop.

Link for CS2 software - includes PUBLISHED serial numbers --100% legit on Adobes OWN SITE

Adobe - CS2 Downloads

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
Hi there
CS6 will work for YEARS -- also if you don't use all the CS6 features CS2 is available FREE on the adobe site as "Abandonware" - but grab it while you can. I only upgraded to CS6 because I use the extended version with 3-D support.

If you use CS2 --99% of CS2 is more than enough for non Pros (and even for a lot of pros too) then you can convert RAW files for unsupported newer cameras by simply using the CAMERAS own software to convert the RAW file to TIFF etc --then carry on working in photoshop.

It will be a long time --if ever before I pay Adobe a subscription to use Photoshop.

Link for CS2 software - includes PUBLISHED serial numbers --100% legit on Adobes OWN SITE

Adobe - CS2 Downloads

Cheers
jimbo

Getting off track for a minute, but...

One of the things that make people upgrade their Adobe products is the new versions of ACR (Adobe Camera Raw). If you have a new DSLR (Digital SLR) and shoot RAW, the older versions of Adobe & Lightroom may not support the camera's new RAW files - For Nikon those are .NEF, for Canon they are CR2.

Example, I have a Nikon D800E, and though CS5's ACR can read the NEF files from the camera, it is version 6.7, contrast that to CS6's ACR which latest version is 7.4 - upgraded features, better interface.

CS5 - Adobe issues ACR 6.7 - final version of Camera Raw for CS5: Digital Photography Review

Lightroom & CS6 - Adobe releases Lightroom 4.4 and Adobe Camera Raw 7.4: Digital Photography Review

So, you buy a new DSLR today, but your old version of Adobe is CS2, or Lightroom 2... guess what? They aren't going to support the Camera's new RAW format. So, you either have to upgrade, use the default (often inferior) software, or find something else.

This of course is for those of us who shoot RAW exclusively, which is the best way to shoot (DLSR) as the file can be manipulated much more easily without losing or destroying data. It is considered the "master" negative.

Anyway I thought I'd drop that bit of tid-bit in.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom built by me
    CPU
    Haswell i7-4770K
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sapphire R9-280 Vapor X
    Sound Card
    Soundblaster ZXR
    Monitor(s) Displays
    NEC PA242W - 24 inch
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000 G2
    Case
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech Performance MX
    Internet Speed
    High Speed
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Norton Security
    Other Info
It is the menu that users want.

Not just a button.

MS look as if they are playing selective hearing.

We won't know for sure till we see it of course
What part of saying over and over again and Microsoft saying over and over again, THE START MENU IS NOT COMING BACK.

Deal with it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
Back