The Surface Pro arrived

Hilarious chain of events today.

I decide that I want to join the Surface Pro to our work domain and logon with my domain account. So, I join the box to the domain. Then I add my domain account to the local admins group on the Surface.

I then reboot the surface, and attempt to logon to the domain. I cannot because the Surface Pro cannot find a domain controller. The Surface cannot find a domain controller, because the wireless network is not yet operational because it's set per user, AFTER the user logs on.

So, from the main screen, I am unable to login because there is no option to connect FIRST to the network and then to logon. This is something that my CHROMEBOOK handled just fine. From the main logon screen, I was able to connect FIRST to the network and then logon with my gmail account.

EPIC FAIL Microsoft.

The solution
Surface Pro Wifi only and domain login

1). Get a USB network dongle and attach to get logged in first time
2) Go into Group Policy, allow device to run apps as ANOTHER user. Login with local account, run something like calculator as your domain account so your credential gets cached. Then, logout and logon with your domain account.

Odd, mine is set to wifi operational just after booting out-of-the-box. Strange move MS.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Lenovo Y520
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 7300HQ
    Motherboard
    OEM Lenovo
    Memory
    4GB DDR4-2400
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 (2)
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 1TB 5400 RPM
    Keyboard
    OEM Lenovo
    Mouse
    Logitech G502 Proteus Core
    Internet Speed
    100 Mbps
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Other Info
    PC:

AMD Athlon X4 760K
    8GB DDR3-1866
    AMD Radeon RX 460
    Seagate 500 GB 7200 RPM
I think it was off the first time. Since you connected it the first time, it has remembered and stayed connected. How would it have connected right out of the box on your home network, without having to supply a password and picking a network to connect to?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz OC'd to 3.40Ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev. 1.1, F12 BIOS
    Memory
    8GB G.Skill PI DDR2-800, 4-4-4-12 timings
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 1280MB Nvidia GeForce GTX570
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC899A 8 channel onboard audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Intel X25-M 80GB Gen 2 SSD
    Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black, 32MB cache. WD1001FALS
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
    Windows and Linux enthusiast. Logitech G35 Headset.
I think it was off the first time. Since you connected it the first time, it has remembered and stayed connected. How would it have connected right out of the box on your home network, without having to supply a password and picking a network to connect to?

No, out-of-the-box it is not connected, but i setup the wifi on out-of-box-experience.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo Y520
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 7300HQ
    Motherboard
    OEM Lenovo
    Memory
    4GB DDR4-2400
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 (2)
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 1TB 5400 RPM
    Keyboard
    OEM Lenovo
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    100 Mbps
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Other Info
    PC:

AMD Athlon X4 760K
    8GB DDR3-1866
    AMD Radeon RX 460
    Seagate 500 GB 7200 RPM
I think it gets harder on a domain. We have a Cisco access point that authenticates each user with their own username and password against active directory. so, a bit different than a home point where you just use a wpa2 key.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
So, I saw that my local amazon showroom FINALLY got the Surface tablets, both Pro and RT in stock and on display. YES!!!!!

First off, my impressions, I was taken aback as I have FINALLY been able to fondle said devices. They are nicely built, no cheap quality like every other android tablet in that aisle, not lackluster in features like the ipad. Just right.

I have to say, pparks, you are correct, the DPI is by default at 150% at even then, it's closer to 1366x736 at native DPI. Pretty crazy, but that's what I guess happens with 1080p and a 10.6 inch screen. I found little issue though actually fingering though the Desktop though, I set the folder view to Large Icons, made thing other things from Details to Large Icons view and it was fine. It takes a bit to get used to though. Office 2013 on the RT was pretty nice to use, it wasn't the Preview version but the actual RTM that has better touch refinements. It seems real nice to use with just your finger, Excel is iffy, but I only touched it fro a few seconds and went back to playing with the Pro. I REALLY enjoyed clicking on the touch cover! WOW, holy magnets! That is nifty!

Considering I can type pretty fast as it is with mostly everything, I was iffy about the 10.6 inch touch screen keyboard. But I was able to type pretty swiftly with it, not a two finger tap tap tap, but like, Data from Star Trek fast. Pretty accurate as well. What was REALLY trippy for me was typing on the touch cover, WHOA! It's like, it feels it shouldn't work but it works but it doesn't click or anything so you're like, "What?" Typing on that I find will take some adjustment though. I ADORE the kickstand, the most simplest, utterly mundane feature ever, but makes a TON of difference. Why no other tablet has that is literally beyond my ability to think. Such an idiotic move on OEMs to copy the ipad straight up and not do anything unique to make the form factor functional. The Surface isn't a laptop, so it can't actually be used like a laptop. It is a tablet, with a kickstand. The Pro is LIKE a laptop in some respects, but isn't able to be used in the same fashion as a laptop, meaning you can't physically plop it on your lap. Personally, I rarely do that for a few reasons. One, that will build up heat on the laptop and my crotch. Two, lint will get trapped in the fan and heatsink. And three, if you do it excessively, the heat from it can cause skin damage. Oh, and I prefer a level surface to put a laptop on as I don't want to fuddle with the hard drive and causing screw-ups with that because it was being used all over the place.

I have to wonder if your particular Surface just has a single glitch, as the Pro I played with picked up several wifi signals around the showroom and the AP points weren't nearby or 20 feet away.

Being myself, I took pictures...
WP_20130307_004.jpg
WP_20130307_003.jpg
Very pretty devices! Personally, I'm not going to buy one this year, but that was sorely tempting! I think I might wait it out until I for sure will NEED one, hopefully by then the Surface Pro 2 will be out with an AMD APU and an 11.6 screen with a larger SSD. Maybe NFC support? Maybe 3G/4G data capabilities? Glad to know they're nearby as I'm going to be trying to make a portable app of Photoshop CS6 and AutoCAD to try out with a touch screen on the Surface Pro and one of their AIOs they have, or maybe that Dell XPS at Costco... Now THAT is also a pretty PC!

Hey pparks, have you tried plugging in a USB hub and seeing how many devices can be attached to it, like external hard drives and such, to it? I'm mildly curious about that. A friend of mine is REALLY into buying one and I was saying today how an external hard drive should be used for backups/Storage Spaces. I kind of want to know how well that works.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
I am surprised they hadn't sold out before you got there.

Did you have to fight through a huge crowd?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
I have not tried a usb hub as I don't own one. Never really had a shortage of ports on most of my devices.

so, tonight I experienced a problem with the lync client crashing. Trying to dig through the event viewer on this touch screen and trying to drag the window bars around so that I could view what I wanted was an absolute exercise in futility. I was simply trying to get the little bar to slide it up to make the preview pane bigger and no matter what I tried, it wasn't happening under touch. I attached the type cover, and it still took a very concerted effort to grab the bar even with the touchpad. Just another incident of the UI less suitable for touch, and the resolution being a bit too high.

the more I use this device, the less I am liking it. Its slick in many areas, but falls so woefully short when I really try to accomplish something rather than just playing around and screwing around.

and without a desk surface, I find this very difficult to work with. Using it on my lap is very hard, and the inability to adjust the tilt of the kickstand makes it a very limited device..even on a flat surface.

this can be a portable device to use in a pinch, but as a regular use machine...NOT FOR ME.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
The Surface cannot find a domain controller, because the wireless network is not yet operational because it's set per user, AFTER the user logs on.

Probably this has something to do with the whole increased-security approach... locked UEFI, reduced user permissions and some other stuff.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    HP, Intel HM77 Express Chipset
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD4000 + Nvidia Geforce 630M
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6' built-in + Samsung S22D300 + 17.3' LG Phillips
    Screen Resolution
    multiple resolutions
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 250GB + Hitachi HDD 750GB
    PSU
    120W adapter
    Case
    small
    Cooling
    laptop cooling pad
    Keyboard
    Backlit built-in + big one in USB
    Mouse
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Internet Speed
    slow and steady
    Browser
    Chromium, Pale Moon, Firefox Developer Edition
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    That's basically it.
The Surface cannot find a domain controller, because the wireless network is not yet operational because it's set per user, AFTER the user logs on.

Probably this has something to do with the whole increased-security approach... locked UEFI, reduced user permissions and some other stuff.

No, it is just how domains work. Has always been this way. Traditional machines are usually just hardwired to the LAN so they have this connectivity. On older OSs you could actually engage dual up networking before login to address this very situation.

The chromebook would have the very same issue, except it has a configurable network option prior to login. So, you can connect to network, then logon with your Gmail account.

As far as I have been able to determine, there is no similar option on the surface. It's the same issue you have if you have a remote employee, give them a machine on the domain and don't log them in first before you send out the machine. When they get it, they won't be able to log in if it cannot find a domain controller.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info

No, it is just how domains work. Has always been this way. Traditional machines are usually just hardwired to the LAN so they have this connectivity. On older OSs you could actually engage dual up networking before login to address this very situation.

The chromebook would have the very same issue, except it has a configurable network option prior to login. So, you can connect to network, then logon with your Gmail account.

As far as I have been able to determine, there is no similar option on the surface. It's the same issue you have if you have a remote employee, give them a machine on the domain and don't log them in first before you send out the machine. When they get it, they won't be able to log in if it cannot find a domain controller.

Thanks for the explanation.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    HP, Intel HM77 Express Chipset
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD4000 + Nvidia Geforce 630M
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6' built-in + Samsung S22D300 + 17.3' LG Phillips
    Screen Resolution
    multiple resolutions
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 250GB + Hitachi HDD 750GB
    PSU
    120W adapter
    Case
    small
    Cooling
    laptop cooling pad
    Keyboard
    Backlit built-in + big one in USB
    Mouse
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Internet Speed
    slow and steady
    Browser
    Chromium, Pale Moon, Firefox Developer Edition
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    That's basically it.
Well, after a fair amount of time, I can honestly say the surface is a very nicely built device, its plenty powerful and looks great. However, as expected, being mostly a touch device has left me overall disappointed. Had this been a personal purchase, it would have been complete buyers remorse at this point. Having a full fledged computer in this small of a package is just hard to work with. I'm not recommending this unless somebody absolutely needs ultra mobility. And even then , a dell XPS 12 deserves a real look.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
I sent a message to a friend of mine who has a personal surface pro, asking him for his opinion on the device. He is a software architect at a software company that I used to work for. He has had a windows 7 phone and has really liked it. I am looking forward to getting his opinion on this device, I'll let you all know what he thinks about his.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info

I was reading tonight about RT and came across this. You probably know this stuff already since you're a pro, but just in case.

Windows RT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Device management

Windows RT does not support connecting to a domain for network logins, nor does it support using Group Policy for device management like normal versions of Windows 8. However, Exchange ActiveSync, the Windows Intune service, or System Center Configuration Manager 2012 SP1 can be used to provide some control over Windows RT devices in enterprise environments, such as the ability to apply security policies and provide a portal which can be used to obtain line-of-business apps.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer T690
    CPU
    Intel Pentium D Dual Core
    Motherboard
    Acer/Intel E946GZ
    Memory
    2GB (max upgrade)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3000 - PCI Express x16
    Sound Card
    Integrated RealTek ALC888 high-definition audio with 7.1 channel audio support
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer AL1917W A LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900
    Hard Drives
    350 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
    Thumb drives
    PSU
    Standard 250 watt
    Case
    Desktop 7.2" (183mm) W x 17.5" (445mm) L x 14.5"
    Cooling
    Dual case fans + CPU fan
    Keyboard
    Acer Windows PS/2
    Mouse
    Wireless Microsoft Arc
    Internet Speed
    54mbp/s
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Defender
    Other Info
    Office Pro 2013 / Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone 8.1DP GDR1
biggest complaint overall. all too often, the onscreen keyboard pops up and covers the input field that i am typing in. thus, i cannot see what i am doing.

had to switch to google chrome canary to get scrolling to work. (versus regular chrome). i have all of my bookmarks in chrome , so i am lost in IE. had to disable high dpi rendering in order to get fonts to not be blurry and i have zoomed to 125%. web pages look good, but menus are tiny and my bookmark bar is a bit hard to read.

unit gets confused sometimes when adding and removing the type cover keyboard. when it goes on fritz, its when keyboard not attached and it wont bring up onscreen keyboard. reboots don't fix it. i have to reattach keyboard, type, and then remove it.

other things are ok. got my cisco vpn working and that is really nice for connecting to the office.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
biggest complaint overall. all too often, the onscreen keyboard pops up and covers the input field that i am typing in. thus, i cannot see what i am doing.

had to switch to google chrome canary to get scrolling to work. (versus regular chrome). i have all of my bookmarks in chrome , so i am lost in IE. had to disable high dpi rendering in order to get fonts to not be blurry and i have zoomed to 125%. web pages look good, but menus are tiny and my bookmark bar is a bit hard to read.

unit gets confused sometimes when adding and removing the type cover keyboard. when it goes on fritz, its when keyboard not attached and it wont bring up onscreen keyboard. reboots don't fix it. i have to reattach keyboard, type, and then remove it.

other things are ok. got my cisco vpn working and that is really nice for connecting to the office.

That must be a firmware bug/issue.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo Y520
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 7300HQ
    Motherboard
    OEM Lenovo
    Memory
    4GB DDR4-2400
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 (2)
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 1TB 5400 RPM
    Keyboard
    OEM Lenovo
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    100 Mbps
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Other Info
    PC:

AMD Athlon X4 760K
    8GB DDR3-1866
    AMD Radeon RX 460
    Seagate 500 GB 7200 RPM
Well, applied the latest firmware update from Microsoft today, which according to Redmond is supposed to;

· Fixes to Wi-Fi reliability allowing for better roaming and improvements to "Limited" connectivity scenarios.
· Windows To Go feature is enabled.
· Improved onscreen keyboard detection synchronization when going in and out of sleep.

Will report back whether I see wifi improvements.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
Hey Patrick,

How are you liking it so far after using it for a bit? :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K OC'd to 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
    Memory
    64 GB (4x16GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3600 MHz (F4-3600C18D-32GTZR)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    4TB Samsung 990 PRO PRO M.2,
    8TB WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS
    PSU
    OCZ Series Gold OCZZ1000M 1000W
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    1 Gb/s Download and 35 Mb/s Upload
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Malwarebyte Anti-Malware Premium
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Logitech BRIO 4K Pro webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL - SURT1000XLI,
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
I've had it for 3 weeks now. I've used it regularly at the office, on the go and at home.

What's really nice about it, is the fact that whatever works on my Windows 8 laptop will work on the Surface Pro. I can run the Cisco VPN client, I can run a real IE browser for those websites that require it (Microsoft Dynamics..I'm looking at you). And there is no learning curve (if you are used to Windows 8). Everything is consistent and in 1 place...unlike Android where things are different depending upon which mfg you are using.

What I don't particularly like about it
  • The stylus needs a secure location for storage. The magnetic thing isn't very strong, and that's also the same place you have to charge the Surface, so you have to remove the stylus when charging.
  • Battery life isn't great
  • Type Cover keyboard sometimes quits working or doesn't attach well, thus causing keyboard to not register. Often you have to move it around, reclick it back in, etc.
  • Overall inconsistencies in Windows 8 touch interface. For example, right click on classic desktop is accomplished by pressing and holding an icon. However, on Start Screen, pressing and holding a tile doesn't right click on it. I can right click on it with the pen, but not with my fingers.

As a person who doesn't love tablets, and isn't enamored with touchscreens in general, I have to say that the Surface Pro doesn't do anything to help or hinder that opinion. Typing onscreen is annoying at best, and often times the keyboard covers up way too much of the screen. Typing on the keyboard is far better, but unfortunately requires a flat surface to work well..so it's hard to use sitting in a chair or sitting in bed.

I think it's a good device for a certain type of person. The mobile professional that needs Windows to complete their tasks. In many cases, I think I would be much happier with a touchscreen ultrabook.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
Well, I have officially given up the Surface Pro at work. I found it wasn't really doing anything for me and somebody else had a need for more portability, so I elected to give her that one rather than have her buy another one.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
Geez. How come forum members didn't get first dibs at it? :p

Thanks for your input and all the info you gave us, Patrick. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer T690
    CPU
    Intel Pentium D Dual Core
    Motherboard
    Acer/Intel E946GZ
    Memory
    2GB (max upgrade)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3000 - PCI Express x16
    Sound Card
    Integrated RealTek ALC888 high-definition audio with 7.1 channel audio support
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer AL1917W A LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900
    Hard Drives
    350 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
    Thumb drives
    PSU
    Standard 250 watt
    Case
    Desktop 7.2" (183mm) W x 17.5" (445mm) L x 14.5"
    Cooling