The beginning of the end of Mozilla Firefox

Mozilla Firefox is adding ad's to their browsers :eek:. IMHO the beginning of the end for what once, a long time ago in a galaxy far away ;), was a great browser.

We believe that if you put the user front and center, you can make every experience for them richer and more meaningful. The Content Services team has embraced this, and today I wanted to share some of our thinking and explain our first steps for putting it into practice.
When the user is at the center everyone benefits, including content creators whether they are publishers or marketers. Digital has already disrupted all kinds of industries, thanks in large part to its ability to deliver more choice and personalization for users. The challenge for digital media is that it is a rapidly-changing environment, and what worked yesterday might not work tomorrow.

https://blog.mozilla.org/advancingc...sher-transformation-with-users-at-the-center/

Greetz,

Rover

I have one rebuttal to this, *clears throat* AdBlock

Thank you and goodnight.

As long as you mean "AdBlock Edge" and not "Adblock Plus". Wladimir sold out hardcore as well. Besides, Edge is technically superior and literally faster too, anyway.

I use adblock plus, and it works fine for me. I like the added benefit that it disables a ton of crap from facebook, and the addon element hiding helper gives it a real 1-2 punch.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1 Pro, Desktop Mode
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Me
    CPU
    AMD FX-8150
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
    Memory
    8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (9-9-9-28)
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon HD 6570
    Sound Card
    Creative X-Fi Titanium
    Monitor(s) Displays
    PX2710MW
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080@60Hz
    Hard Drives
    1x1TB Western Digital WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ATA Device Caviar Black -

4 x 2TB Seagate ST32000542A -
    1 x 4TB Seagate External
    Case
    Antec
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D14
    Keyboard
    Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740
    Internet Speed
    60meg cable
    Browser
    Cyberfox
    Antivirus
    AVG Security Suite
Adblock Edge is simply a fork of Adblock Plus. I, too, have used Adblock Plus and it works quite well. Added bennie, it even blocks the annoying audio ads on online radio. But I will try the Edge, it does have the old more bells and whistles than Plus. I have used Firefox for years, and never had the problems I have encountered with crashy Chrome and insecure IE. If they need to use ads to pay the bills to improve the product, so be it, especially when it really is quite simple not to have the ads.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    avast!