System Image error message

Pentris

I am using Windows 8.1 64bit system. The last time I used System Image was 25th January 2018 with no problems. I use EaseUS on a daily basis for data backups. Since January I have installed Firefox Quantum browser as I am fed up with the AdChoices adverts on IE11 with Google slowing down the computer. I have tried to run System Image this week and get the error message as per attached screen picture. I have tried DISM repair which found a problem and repaired it. I have used SFCSCANNOW which found and repaired an error. However System Image will no longer work. Have there been any Microsoft updates this year that are known to upset this function. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

• system image fail.JPG
    system image fail.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 53

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 64bit
Just an idea, have you tried replacing your system image file? I need to do the same thing. Just use the one of a recovery disc and overwrite the existing one with, it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Asus
    CPU
    I5
    Motherboard
    Asus notebook
    Memory
    8Gbs
    Browser
    Mozilla
    Antivirus
    Defender
Skatterage
It is not a matter of whether there is an existing system image or not. The error reveals that a Partition name, ( can be any partition on the computer), has become corrupted and the Windows Volume Shadow ASR writer has a bug which cannot correctly interpret the output so stops the system imahe backup from proceeding.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 64bit
Back