Remove grub bootloader /fixmbr and /fixboot not working

When running Visual BCD. Did you also delete the entry in Firmware Bootloader ?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1x64PWMC Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home Brewed
    CPU
    I7 4970K OC'ed @4.7 GHz
    Motherboard
    MSI-Z97
    Memory
    16 GB G-Skill Trident X @2400MHZ
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
    Sound Card
    X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual HP-W2408
    Screen Resolution
    1920X1200
    Hard Drives
    256 GB M2 sm951, (2) 500GB 850EVO, 5TB, 2 TB Seagate
    PSU
    Antec 850W
    Case
    Antec 1200
    Cooling
    Danger Den H20
    Keyboard
    Logitech
    Mouse
    Logitech Performance Mouse MX
    Internet Speed
    35/12mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
Firmware Bootloader? Hmmm, I'm not sure about that.. Here is a screenshot of what I 'deleted':
Screenshot (4).png

I also checked under fwbootmgr, but it is empty of elements. Bootmgr is full of elements, but none of them matched Ubuntu GUID or have the Ubuntu title.
Here's a screenshot of bootmgr:
Screenshot (5).png

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
These are the entries you show in the BCD store. The Ubuntu one is probably the one you have already removed.

But I am wondering what the other devices are and have you left the Ubuntu install media available during your boot. Do you know what the two USB devices and is there a DVD in the DVD drive? Don't try to remove the unknown devices, unless you know what they are and they should be removed when ejected.

Firmware Application (101fffff)
-------------------------------
identifier {510e8171-16ce-11e4-8279-806e6f6e6963}
device partition=\Device\HarddiskVolume2
path \EFI\ubuntu\shimx64.efi
description ubuntu

identifier {5ec264c4-1a98-11e4-bfa2-806e6f6e6963}
description EFI USB Device (Generic Flash Disk)

identifier {928ced94-fdcc-11e3-9f5e-806e6f6e6963}
description EFI USB Device

identifier {928ced95-fdcc-11e3-9f5e-806e6f6e6963}
description EFI DVD/CDROM

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home Grown
    CPU
    i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77 -v Pro, Z87-Expert
    Memory
    16 G
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified (2)
    Hard Drives
    Kingston SSD 240 GB
Hmm, yeah, that's a good question. I am using a USB mouse, but I don't believe I had any other USB devices in my computer when I saved that screenshot, nor did I have a DVD in the drive. I played around with looking at the BCD text, and it's output doesn't seem to change when I add or remove USB devices. I have 3 USB ports, and a DVD drive. I initially installed Ubuntu from a DVD, but I have not had the DVD back in the drive since I uninstalled Ubuntu about a week ago. I will poke around some more..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Some systems keep a DVD option in the Boot selections for a DVD drive. But I have not yet seen one that keeps an EFI version if there is no UEFI bootable media in the drive.

So you might try deleting that entry for deletion and see if it makes any difference. The firmware can hold devices which are not actually available. The USB devices should not have even been added in the first place if they had not been bootable devices.

The listing below is pointing to your third partition, which appears to be the 1000 MB OEM partition. It is probably part of a one button recovery system or something similar, so do not remove it.

identifier {928ced97-fdcc-11e3-9f5e-806e6f6e6963}
device partition=\Device\HarddiskVolume3
path \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\LrsBootMgr.efi
description Lenovo Recovery System

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home Grown
    CPU
    i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77 -v Pro, Z87-Expert
    Memory
    16 G
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified (2)
    Hard Drives
    Kingston SSD 240 GB
I tried out Ubuntu on a dual boot and i decided dual booting was not working for me, so i'm trying to remove it and get back to normal. So i followed a few tutorials online and deleted the swap and ubuntu partition, and then I make a recovery USB using windows 8's 'Create a Recovery Drive' tool, and then restarted my computer. Upon booting, i was greeted with Grub's command interface. Unsure what to do, i googled it and someone suggested using the exit command and i was brought to a screen where i could choose different devices to boot from, i tried the windows bootloader option, and that worked, I tried the Ubuntu option and that brought me back to the grub command line, and i tried the USB option and that brought me to a recovery screen for windows where it asked me to choose a language just like in the tutorials. The part that is different and i don't understand is on the tutorials, the next screen is always where it gives you an option to install windows 8 or repair windows 8. I don't get that option. For me, it is either troubleshoot or continue to windows 8. In the troubleshoot menu, i found my way into the command prompt just like in the tutorial, and executed
Code:
bootrec.exe /fixmbr and bootrec.exe /fixboot
both of these said they were successful, so i exited out of the command prompt and clicked continue to windows 8. Doing this brought me back to the grub command line. I tried restarting my computer to see if that would work, but it too brought me to the grub command line. What am i doing wrong and how can i fix it? I want grub bootloader gone and for my computer to boot into windows normally.
Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Recently,I faced the same problem.Mine is Windows8.1.All you have to do is boot from a recovery drive and from there,search every option to get access to your files .It must be something like "boot from something like system image file on your computer".(I'm saying like this because it actually depends on your version.I never faced such a problem while using Windows8.So,I exactly can't tell you.)Click on it.Then it provides access to your files.Then search for the folder named ubuntu and then simply delete it.Now,reboot your computer.It just works.Don't struggle commanding through commandprompt.It don't works in all situations.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Back