Solved Razer Nostromo programming?

I thought my Belkin n52te, was working, because the existing profile is still working. But after reading this thread I checked to if the programming software was working and like the OP it isnt. I have the later Belkin software/firmware

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Alienware Area-58
    CPU
    Intell 2,93 i7
    Motherboard
    p6
    Memory
    8gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia gtx 295
    Sound Card
    X-fi extreme
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell 27"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1280
    Hard Drives
    6 Seagate Sata 3 external seagate
    Case
    Alienware Area-58
    Cooling
    liquid
    Keyboard
    Logitch G15
    Mouse
    Razer Nagas
    Internet Speed
    18mbs
Yeah, the n52te has one advantage over the Razer, it's got nvram, it'll store the profiles you save to it. The Razer Nostromo doesn't have nvram, so it has to be loaded every time you use it/boot the machine. I can't tell you how many times in the past 2 months I've started up in game, only to find that the pad wasn't programmed. Just firing up the software is all it takes to get it functional though. Can't help you on the software for that model, as I don't have one anymore :(.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Window 8/Windows 7 Dual Boot
I'm glad I didnt buy the Razer one when this one developed a bad button. This is too bad. i doubt Belkin will do anything. they haven't supported this for a long time.

I guess harware vendors are going to drag their feet on some things.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    Alienware Area-58
    CPU
    Intell 2,93 i7
    Motherboard
    p6
    Memory
    8gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia gtx 295
    Sound Card
    X-fi extreme
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell 27"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1280
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Alienware Area-58
    Cooling
    liquid
    Keyboard
    Logitch G15
    Mouse
    Razer Nagas
    Internet Speed
    18mbs
[FONT=&amp]Here's the email I got from Razer today:
Greetings Vincent
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Thank you for contacting Razer Support. My name is Nizam & I shall be assisting you with the case involving Razer Nostromo[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]As I understand it, the Razer Nostromo is no longer working after the Windows 8 upgrade. If this is not correct, please let me know[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]As of currently, Razer Nostromo is not yet compatible with Windows 8. However, the Windows 8 driver for Razer Nostromo is currently in the making & due to be released in November 2012. For list of complete items to be supported for Windows 8, please refer to this link : Razer Support[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The reason why it was detected in the consumer preview as that particular version is not the final product of the operating system. Same goes to when the Windows 7 was first launched[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]We do appreciate your patience & also your continuous support.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Thank you & have a nice day[/FONT]

Also this came back on Facebook before the email response:
Untitled-3.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Custom
    CPU
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 970
    Motherboard
    MSI 890FXA-GD70
    Memory
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4 x 4GB (16GB)
    Graphics Card(s)
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 x2 (CrossFire)
    Sound Card
    onboard
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 830series 256GB
    Velociraptor 10000RPM 320GB
    PSU
    Corsair 1000w
    Case
    Cooler Master HAF Blue
    Cooling
    ThermalTake WATER2.0
    Keyboard
    Razer Blackwidow
    Mouse
    Razer Naga Epic
    Internet Speed
    20-Down/5-Up
Nice. I looked further and realized that I had installed Razer Nostromo and when I looked to see if it was working of course it was not. Then today looked for the Belkin n52te software and it is there and working fine for programming.

Good to know razer is still supporting it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    Alienware Area-58
    CPU
    Intell 2,93 i7
    Motherboard
    p6
    Memory
    8gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia gtx 295
    Sound Card
    X-fi extreme
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell 27"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1280
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Alienware Area-58
    Cooling
    liquid
    Keyboard
    Logitch G15
    Mouse
    Razer Nagas
    Internet Speed
    18mbs
Hello everyone, i have the same problem. I tried all i found in this thread, installing 1.03 also don't work for me.
So i solve this problem in a bit different way, this manual for those who installed 1.03, but it also don't work.

Step 1. Open Ctrl Panel -> Devices & printers and find Nostromo, hit properties button
nostromo manual_0005_???? 1.jpg

Step 2. Select devices tab, find this device and click properties
nostromo manual_0004_???? 2.jpg

Step 3. Click "Change parameters"
??? ?????-2.jpg

Step 4. in opened window select driver tab and click update. Choose "Look for drivers on this computer"
nostromo manual_0003_???? 3.jpg

Step 5. select "Choose from installed drivers"
??? ?????-21.jpg

Step 6. select "install from disk" and click "browse"
nostromo manual_0002_???? 4.jpg

Step 7. In opened window go to Razer Nostromo folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Nostromo\) and find "driver32" or "driver64" folders, choose one depending on your system. You will see one file called "T2Fltr.inf", choose it and hit "Open"
nostromo manual_0001_???? 5.jpg
Apply all and you done

nostromo manual_0000_???? 6.jpg
Hope it helps anybody.
I also tried this method for 2.xx driver, but unfortunately it's didn't work for me, but you can try anyway ;)
Good luck

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
That was one of the methods I tried for the 2.0x drivers as well, same results. They are supposed to have drivers out for the Nostromo this month, so hopefully not much longer and we'll have official support, and faster macros again..

My Computer

System One

• OS

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    Alienware Area-58
    CPU
    Intell 2,93 i7
    Motherboard
    p6
    Memory
    8gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia gtx 295
    Sound Card
    X-fi extreme
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell 27"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1280
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Alienware Area-58
    Cooling
    liquid
    Keyboard
    Logitch G15
    Mouse
    Razer Nagas
    Internet Speed
    18mbs
Might have been all the crap they were getting on their Facebook page about not having the drivers up by their own deadline too..

My Computer

System One

• OS
I updated to 2.05 and all my profiles are gone. I thought they were stored in the cloud. Im exporting every profile to a file to back them up after I remake them.

New release for Windows 8 is up:

http://dl.razerzone.com/drivers/Nostromo/win/Razer_Nostromo_Driver_v2.05.exe

*EDIT* Once installed, the program says that it's version 2.03. It won't detect your Nostromo UNLESS you run it as administrator (at least on a Win8 x64 system), but once you do that it programs and works fine.

No kidding...that's good of them for a change. I guess they must still be Selling Nostromos.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 7
    home made
    CPU
    i5 2500k
    Motherboard
    gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3
    Memory
    16 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    gtx 560
Cloud storage of the profiles I believe is only for the Synapse stuff, not our nostromo.

That being said, it kept my profiles that I had set up on the 1.03 driver set, so at least I wasn't out anything.

My Computer

System One

• OS
If they work under Windows 8, great, but I'm not sure if they will or not. The Belkin Nostromo models seem to be a EOL product, so I woudln't expect any support for those models at all anymore. They haven't updated the software for it in a very long time, and it's not compatible with the Razer Nostromo software either.

My Computer

System One

• OS
I've been trying to get my Razer Nostromo(not Belkin)(original not the new one) working on my laptop that has W8 installed. Works fine on my W7 desktop with the latest drivers for that windows version.

I've tried installing the W8 dedicated drivers and still the configure app quits on launch because it couldn't find a device.(Nostromo shows up in Devices and Printers).

I have also tried installing the driver version on my W7 desktop(2.01?), but that did not work either. Then I also tried the 1.03 drivers which again did not work.

In all cases I installed under admin(UAC is also turned off). I set the configure app to run as admin as well, but not sure what else I may need to set.

I also have Synapse 2 installed because I have a Naga Epic. I don't know if there is a conflict between the two installs. If so, that would be a major disappointment. I'm wondering why they can't just make the Nostromo work under Synapse. But that's another story.

I'm not sure what else to try. I don't know if I screwed something up by installing all those different versions and there are legacy files that are causing an issue. I really need to get this to work as I'm traveling next week and will be using the laptop for LAN play.

I've also been trying to find forums for Razer products but can't seem to find any. I can't fathom why Razer wouldn't have a forum of their own.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
You need to run it as administrator, and the task-bar quick icon doesn't work either. They really need fix it, but I guess that the fact it works at all is a bonus, lol.

My Computer

System One

• OS
In all cases I installed under admin(UAC is also turned off). I set the configure app to run as admin as well, but not sure what else I may need to set.
:)

So yes, I have tried running as admin. I also thought that disabling UAC pretty much negated having to do that anyway. I'm also assuming that you are referring to the configuring app that is in the Razer program folder. I've tried that.

Unfortunately I'm at work right now so I can't mess around with it until later. I will double check that I'm running as admin again. Until then I'd appreciate any other suggestions.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Back