Printer not printing

I have the same problem with Canon Pixima IP4500. Recently I have installed Windows 8 and Microsoft office 2013. I can't found the printer in the printing area of micorsoft office any more. In the control panel, under view devices and printers I can see the Inkjet printer icon, but I can not choose this as main printer. Anyway, I can not print anything.
A friend of mine has also a Canon and have the same problem. Canon support site and downloads doesn't help. We have both try to install windows 7 driver, but that does not help.
Can any one help us?
Instead of posting this same issue on multiple threads, you might want to start your own IP4500 thead.

Here is the reply that I gave on your other two identical posts:
I would try to completely uninstall the driver, and check this page for a download to see if it works. The page claims Windows 8 compatibility:
PIXMA iP4500

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 7 / Win 8
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Lenovo T510 / HP ProBook 4540S
    CPU
    Intel i5-510m / Intel i3-3110m
    Memory
    4GB / 8GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6"
We are available round the clock to fix all your printer related issues. Our certified technicians will be glad to assist you with regards to any problem related to your computer and printers.
We provide support on printer for the following kinds of issues.
  • Support on printer spooling errors.
  • Support on printer connectivity related issues.
  • Support on solving issues related to accessories like printers and keyboards.
  • Support for installing Windows, printers and antivirus
  • Support on installation of printer drivers.
  • Support on issues like sudden shut down, malfunctioning of printers.
  • Connecting printer with computer
  • Toner cartridge Installation
  • Deletion of pending print jobs in print queue
  • Installation TCP/IP printers
  • Print cartridge Installation
  • Installation of Toner Cartridge.
More Info & Support Please Visit:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    yes
    Computer type